Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
what is up with goaltending, it’s spelled kuemper you fucks

Propaganda Hour posted:

n/v for Nov+Dec is going to be the Blues upcoming 7 game losing streak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I saw the original title with November, you can't fool me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4hOrmiW0i0

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Mickey Redmond rules

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
west coast road trips are stupid

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Pens bad. Rejoice. Hoping for the best for Tanger and that he really really really takes the time he needs and doesn't rush back with abandon.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Good soup! posted:

I saw the original title with November, you can't fool me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4hOrmiW0i0

you're on my iceberg, baby

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
A thread for every month is dumb, there should be 1 thread for before the all star break, 1 for after, 1 for playoffs, 1 for offseason. 4 threads a year.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

fermun posted:

A thread for every month is dumb, there should be 1 thread for before the all star break, 1 for after, 1 for playoffs, 1 for offseason. 4 threads a year.

1 for 500 word Rangers posts

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
One for complaining about Kasperi Kapanen

Isles still good? We'll find out on Friday...

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Create a new thread every day

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Pens doctors should install a Neuralink in Letang's skull, IMO.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Good soup! posted:

don't threaten me with a good time

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Good soup! posted:

hourly threads, imo. if were' gonna have threads that are loving stupidly frequent, let's run with it.

gamedaythreads should be for every single game and new thread for every period if we're gonna have main n/v threads like this dumb poo poo.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1598341767564345345

Oh, good. We have the attention of that guy.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

1 for 500 word Rangers PAS posts

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

eXXon posted:

Pens doctors should install a Neuralink in Letang's skull, IMO.

Hasn't he already suffered enough?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/SNstats/status/1598346232606375937

Also Connor had 2 5x5 points last night suck it JFresh

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The New Jersey Devils

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Dom had an Athletic article today handing out awards for the first 2 months of the year and gave Robertson the Hart, and posted something that stuck out to me about Connor

Dom L posted:

With Robertson on the ice, the Stars have earned 58 percent of the expected goals and have outscored opponents 24-11. With McDavid, the Oilers are at 52 percent and have been outscored 16-14. At five-on-five, Robertson is personally outscoring McDavid 19 to 11.

That the Oilers have been outscored with McDavid on the ice is his current biggest deterrent, but given his 6.9 percent on-ice shooting percentage it’s unlikely that continues much longer. Yes, somehow, McDavid has been unlucky offensively. Once that changes, so will this leaderboard.

He goes on to say that every other player in Hart discussion plays with elite linemates or on a stacked team, but it’s still insane to me the Oilers can get outscored with him on the ice

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

The black hawks are so soooo bad man god drat

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Ginette Reno posted:

Wonder how long the Pens will wait before Ltiring Letang

Usually meddling ownership is the worst thing in the world but I really hope in this case FSG steps in and refuses to let Burke trade away All The Draft Picks including the Bedard lottery ticket in a desperate effort to save his job. Without Letang, it's over. The time to detonate and start the rebuilding has come.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Golden Man posted:

I think there were about 12 good players total in that game last night. Both rosters were dire.

The Dirty Burger posted:

He goes on to say that every other player in Hart discussion plays with elite linemates or on a stacked team, but it’s still insane to me the Oilers can get outscored with him on the ice

The Oilers roster is a tire fire currently. It's basically 4 good forwards + the Bakersfield condors

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Alaois posted:

The New Jersey Devils

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I feel bad for Klingberg on the Ducks.

His agent sucked absolute rear end, God drat

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Also Connor had 2 5x5 points last night suck it JFresh

Speaking of jfresh, for a guy who smugposts about how smart his hockey opinions are he tweeted a trade proposal today that would have got laughed out of hfboards

https://twitter.com/jfreshhockey/status/1598319624671600642?s=46&t=c87cFrnGwgiGatAJoEQ6Dw

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Not for nothing but he’s literally saying that’s a crazy idea

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Yeah it's crazy. Crazy dumb. Now here's 2000 words on an arbitrary depth player that somehow wasn't picked up...*throws dart* Sonny Milano!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Sens called up Zaitsev, which is notable to me because I didn’t realize he was actually playing in the AHL :lol: Lou doesn’t get enough poo poo for how bad that contract is.

Was it the editor of The Hockey News that was trying to drum up the “are the Sens better than the Leafs now?” stuff in the off-season? In any case, the Leafs are on pace for 115 points, the Sens are on pace for 63

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Usually meddling ownership is the worst thing in the world but I really hope in this case FSG steps in and refuses to let Burke trade away All The Draft Picks including the Bedard lottery ticket in a desperate effort to save his job. Without Letang, it's over. The time to detonate and start the rebuilding has come.

If they miss the playoffs at all, it will be barely. Their first rounder isn't gonna be in serious contention to get Bedard Letang or no. Early indications sound like Letang will be back this season anyhow.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This is when the pens go all in on getting Chychrun and make a miracle run all the way to the cup

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

This is when the pens go all in on getting Chychrun and make a miracle run all the way to the cup

Someone get the math wizards in here and crunch me some numbers. can we make Erik Karlsson work? All my scouts keep saying Eric Karlsson, Eric Karlsson

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

Someone get the math wizards in here and crunch me some numbers. can we make Erik Karlsson work? All my scouts keep saying Eric Karlsson, Eric Karlsson

If they take Dumoulin and Letang is LTIR'd forever they'd still need to retain a bit to make him fit. Throw in Kapanen and we have plenty of room then.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
hey the rangers won a game last night

it was against ottawa but we're talking baby steps here

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

If they take Dumoulin and Letang is LTIR'd forever they'd still need to retain a bit to make him fit. Throw in Kapanen and we have plenty of room then.

They'd have to give San Jose like three 1sts but if they could pull a Kucherov and get Letang back for the playoffs, it could be just crazy enough to work.

e: Dumo has a limited NTC amd and San Jose is probably on his blacklist though

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

Speaking of jfresh, for a guy who smugposts about how smart his hockey opinions are he tweeted a trade proposal today that would have got laughed out of hfboards

https://twitter.com/jfreshhockey/status/1598319624671600642?s=46&t=c87cFrnGwgiGatAJoEQ6Dw

His entire thing is to make posts that upset people even if they are technically correct. He would probably fit in here pretty well, someone get him an account.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

The Golden Man posted:

https://www.nhl.com/video/c-14016908

this is just me IRL when I think I can still skate well enough to keep up with college age kids

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

His entire thing is to make posts that upset people even if they are technically correct. He would probably fit in here pretty well, someone get him an account.

i mean he is colleagues with R-Lam, so that makes sense

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/friedgehnic/status/1598391994585325568?s=46&t=c87cFrnGwgiGatAJoEQ6Dw

I mean if you can’t crack this lineup your NHL career may be over

https://twitter.com/charlieo_conn/status/1597260343218429952?s=46&t=i6JhlYnAlfK7hGaeYdGa6A

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

TDA missing time because he challenged and then got waxed by a dude who looks like the oldest son on Home Improvement brings me no end of joy.

Pretty upset Klingberg can't make the trip to Dallas tonight. Dude at the very least deserves an ovation.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Bellows was a real good U-20 player for the USA. I'm kinda of surprised he hasn't put it together at all. Second time on waivers already this year but I think he's still a good gamble, he's still only like 24.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/NHLAdamK/status/1598356618902736897?t=JzhhJUFUq_ASX3zHHQab9Q&s=19

:rip: