Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

elons and trump have similar views about good blood/stock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
racehorse theory lol

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

quote:

Autopilot is Tesla’s name for it’s driver assistance system that helps keep the car in its lane on a highway. It is supposed to allow it to automatically avoid other cars, though it has had significant issues seeing stopped emergency vehicles on the side of the road. Tesla has said the system is designed to respond to moving vehicles, since reacting to non-moving objects could be dangerous. it can also change lanes while avoiding other cars.

oh my god

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Lol the landlords are also having trouble refinancing their loan to even own the building.

https://www.curbed.com/2022/12/twitter-headquarters-refinance-elon-musk.html

Elon is gonna go squatters' rights on the Twitter offices

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'll show him a squat

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Lol the landlords are also having trouble refinancing their loan to even own the building.

https://www.curbed.com/2022/12/twitter-headquarters-refinance-elon-musk.html

yeah there's like 15 million vacant square feet of office space in sf, most of it in much better locations

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Main Paineframe posted:

he's doing the "I can afford too many lawyers to ever face consequences" thing, without realizing it only works if you actually listen to those lawyers

Alex Spiro won him the "pedo guy" lawsuit, and now Musk is shitcanning him over this Twitter Files nonsense

pretty sure I could have won him that lawsuit considering he was up against famous lawyer Lin Wood

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

did someone grift that cave diver guy into using Lin wood or what

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Last Chance posted:

did someone grift that cave diver guy into using Lin wood or what

at one point he was basically the celebrity defamation lawyer, he represented the guy falsely accused in the atlanta olympic bombing and a bunch of other defamation cases

at least before late 2018 when he concluded his transition into being absolutely batshit

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Imo the self-driving situation is the most likely destruction path of Tesla because a lot of the stock price is based on the Tesla as a technology company and completely whiffing the implementation of a core feature aint great. Besides the self driving, what else makes a Tesla special anyway? The giant Ipad screen? No HUD or gauge cluster??????

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

abigserve posted:

Imo the self-driving situation is the most likely destruction path of Tesla because a lot of the stock price is based on the Tesla as a technology company and completely whiffing the implementation of a core feature aint great. Besides the self driving, what else makes a Tesla special anyway? The giant Ipad screen? No HUD or gauge cluster??????

elon musk's reput--lol

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

abigserve posted:

it can play cyberpunk 2077, which is something no honda can do

you can't play it while driving and the back seat passengers aren't gonna want to crane their necks to see the big screen and you don't want your front passenger taking away your music controls so you can realistically only play it in your garage but since when were tesla drivers concerned with the details

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

abigserve posted:

There's literally nothing at this point without that. Everyone else is offering better EV cars up, and even things that looked very touch and go for a bit, like Rivian and Lordstown, are delivering ahead of Tesla, and instead of being led by Musk, they're partnered with logistics and manufacturing giants respectively. That's before even getting into the regular car companies making vehicles now. Car reviewers are out here calling the GM Bolt EUV a better move than the Model 3 or Model Y barring (the soon to be open to everyone) charging network. At the upper end, everyone comments on how much nicer Cadillac's EV and Genesis' EV are for the price vs. an X or S. It's game over already, and every month of new car releases are only gonna make that worse, and instead of solving that being Musk's job 1, it's well after him chilling with bigots on his dying bird site.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

all tesla has over anyone else right now is the cult of musk and raw top speed which is completely irrelevant to anyone outside the most deranged stat warriors because no-one who owns a tesla is taking it to a track day

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
In other news, Musk gave 6 billion to himself:

https://twitter.com/laura_nelson/status/1602428006500179970

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Look at how many layers of awful design went into this new Twitter Blue logo. Seriously some poor intern must have kept getting told "no make it shinier, make it pop, make it glow" until they'd used every effect Wordart had to give.

TheDarkFlame fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 14, 2022

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it's really loving bad. just absolute dogshit. that's kind of an insult to dogshit tbh

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
that looks like the kind of half-baked logo you’d see in a TV show where they can’t use a real product name but the graphic designer was on vacation so they had craig from marketing whip something up

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

not to be glib, but no poo poo. it was pretty obviously not on the level when he wouldnt say where it went last year.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

abigserve posted:

What if you had an electric car but it wasn't built by any of those cringe car companies that have been building largely functional vehicles for decades and decades

The complete lack of fit and finish and artesanal software built on basically commodity hardware not meant to last more than half a decade at best are the killer features. Imagine none of the plastic in your interior lining up right, or your doors kinda shutting funny from day one, or your head unit crashing, because the car is still basically hand-built

a real human touch

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

TheDarkFlame posted:

Look at how many layers of awful design went into this new Twitter Blue logo. Seriously some poor intern must have kept getting told "no make it shinier, make it pop, make it glow" until they'd used every effect Wordart had to give.

Tell me Elon was a Web 1.0 guy in one image with no other context.

It looks like a loving 1997 local ISP logo or the sick graphics on some rando's geocities page that they wasted 10% of their free webspace on.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

TheDarkFlame posted:

Serious 80s vibes off of that.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

TheDarkFlame posted:

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

njsykora posted:

all tesla has over anyone else right now is the cult of musk and raw top speed which is completely irrelevant to anyone outside the most deranged stat warriors because no-one who owns a tesla is taking it to a track day

https://twitter.com/Plagman2/status/1602826674957332480

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

lol

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

TheDarkFlame posted:

lmao

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
i just blue myself

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ryde posted:

I feel like we've heard about Musks' lawyers jumping ship for years and it never seems to matter, but I'm hoping for more LOLs this time.

Spiro didn't jump ship

he was fired

reportedly because Musk was just that mad at Twitter's former deputy counsel that he fired a few days ago

Musk is never going to be lawyerless, but every time he fires a lawyer for not being enough of a sycophantic yes-man, the replacement is going to be a worse lawyer

and more importantly, it doesn't matter how smart your lawyer is or how much you're paying them if you don't listen

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

kai's power tools are back

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

TheDarkFlame posted:

If you gave echi the synopsis for this logo he'd do a way better job over an afternoon in blender lol

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

TheDarkFlame posted:

lmao I got an nft profile pics pop-up when I clicked that

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

see? this is why you don't contribute to open source.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Okay I’m sorry but that logo rules lmao

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Remember earlier today when we found out Twitter's Ad Money has cratered:

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1602298120435650561

Elon has a solution**

https://twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/1602832095511920640

**=solution may be an infinite EU privacy fine generator.

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

TheDarkFlame posted:

geohot's internship is giving him the opportunity to wear a lotta different hats

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

i am a moron posted:

Okay I’m sorry but that logo rules lmao

username/post

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

oh sure if you're gonna arrest him for this you'll have to arrest every billionaire

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

TheDarkFlame posted:

sorry but this isn't echi's blender thread

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

psiox posted:

i mean it's probably more than just simple fraud or wire fraud yeah

drive-by-wire fraud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Jonny 290 posted:

username/post

Makes me want to take my Delorean to 1988 and do lotsa cocaine