Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Payndz posted:

Looks like the next two episodes to air (in Brazil) are going to be 5x12 and 5x18, skipping over the two-parter that's meant to come first. Hi ho, back to the usual muddle...

Ah well, they had a pretty good streak going there for a while but I guess it just wouldn’t be ML if we ever got a season that actually aired in proper order the whole way through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I'm sure there will be no significant changes or plotlines revealed in these two episodes...

"Adrian, we have to find your father's killer"

"But Marinette, I am my father's killer... AND MY FATHER!"

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Huh, since Gabriel now knows that Marinette is important to Cat Noir, and also that she's a talented enough fashion designer that she got offered a job by Audrey Bourgeois, the best way for him to keep a very close watch on her and allow multiple opportunities for akumatisation would be... hire her. He'd get to lay a trap for one of his hated enemies, and also steal her best designs!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That makes sense honestly. Speaking of, I wonder if we’ll ever see Marinette get successfully akumatized at some point (it’s happened to Adrien a few times after all).

Lila seems to know Gabriel is Monarch now as well (otherwise why would she warn him about Nino in Illusion?), so does Kagami’s mom apparently since she’s working for him on the Alliance project. I’m also curious how long we’re gonna have to wait to find out what Felix is planning

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I'm not so sure, as it looks like Gabriel gets a clear picture of what ackumatized people are thinking. Also if he asked her to get their Miraculouses, she'd be like "I've already got the ladybug one..."

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PowerBeard posted:

I'm not so sure, as it looks like Gabriel gets a clear picture of what ackumatized people are thinking. Also if he asked her to get their Miraculouses, she'd be like "I've already got the ladybug one..."

True, though he almost had her for a moment in Elation

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Larryb posted:

True, though he almost had her for a moment in Elation
She was less than a second away from taking off her earrings without him realising why in 'Ladybug' as well.

Even if Cat hadn't unwittingly drawn her to his attention, you'd think by now that Gabe would go "I keep trying and failing to akumatise this Marinette girl, and she keeps being at the centre of my other plans. She's also the best friend of Ladybug's most trusted ally after Cat Noir himself, and the only person in her class apart from my son who hasn't been akumatised. Maybe I should pay her some special attention..."

Edit: drat, Luka'll have to be on Prozac 24/7 so he can't be akumatised, since he knows Ladybug and Cat's true identities.

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 17, 2022

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Well, he is already pretty mellow as a guitarist.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PowerBeard posted:

Well, he is already pretty mellow as a guitarist.

He’s still been akumatized twice already regardless though.

Speaking of, I wonder if Luka knowing the truth about Ladybug and Cat is actually going to come into play at some point (since as mentioned, if Gabe manages to get to him again then the jig’s up for our heroes)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 18, 2022

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Larryb posted:

He’s still been akumatized twice already regardless though.

To be fair, one of those was Marinette being very Season 1 Chloe and not thinking how others perceive her self centered behavior.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

To be fair, one of those was Marinette being very Season 1 Chloe and not thinking how others perceive her self centered behavior.

True, in fact I think at least a couple akumatizations in the series were Marinette‘s fault

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A few teaser clips for “Perfection” and “Emotion”:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vXfaF-44La8

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sR8u5E6vPb0

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pPS8V7FkXTc

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Nov 21, 2022

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Larryb posted:

True, in fact I think at least a couple akumatizations in the series were Marinette‘s fault
Fans have, of course, charted who is responsible for how many and which akumatizations. Marinette is actually in third place behind 'other' and (to noone's surprise) Chloe. (this is really dated)

There's a more controversial one that has Lila coming in second at the end (because of all the akumataizations durin Heroes Day) and Marinette being responsible for 30(?!)

Its probably time for an update.

Oracle fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 21, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oracle posted:

Fans have, of course, charted who is responsible for how many and which akumatizations. Marinette is actually in third place behind 'other' and (to noone's surprise) Chloe.

That only goes up to Season 3 though so you can probably tack a few more onto the list since then, otherwise sounds about right

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Larryb posted:

That only goes up to Season 3 though so you can probably tack a few more onto the list since then, otherwise sounds about right

yeah I edited. No chart includes S5 yet, and Chloe's appearances (and thus numbers) go way down after S3 as Lila takes over as HBIC.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Brazilian version of Perfection and Emotion has been subbed now and unfortunately we’re back to business as usual as the two parter that chronologically came before this has been skipped over for the time being. I assume there was a missing episode between these two as well since Marinette and Adrien are suddenly together at the start of the latter

That said, there are some interesting bits in these episodes such as Felix returning/using the Peacock Miraculous for the first time, a nice bit of character development for Kagami, confirmation that Kagami’s mom does indeed know Gabriel’s secret (and possibly has for a while at that) and so does Lila (who has also now shot up the list of potential candidates for Hawkmoth’s successor)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Nov 23, 2022

say no to scurvy
Nov 29, 2008

It is always Scurvy Prevention Week.

Larryb posted:

The Brazilian version of Perfection and Emotion has been subbed now and unfortunately we’re back to business as usual as the two parter that chronologically came before this has been skipped over for the time being. I assume there was a missing episode between these two as well since Marinette and Adrien are suddenly together at the start of the latter

That said, there are some interesting bits in these episodes such as Felix returning/using the Peacock Miraculous for the first time, a nice bit of character development for Kagami, confirmation that Kagami’s mom does indeed know Gabriel’s secret (and possibly has for a while at that), and so does Lila (who has also now shot up the list of potential candidates for Hawkmoth’s successor)

well that and also ________________________________________________________________________________________SentiFelix confirmed____________________________________

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

say no to scurvy posted:

well that and also ________________________________________________________________________________________SentiFelix confirmed____________________________________

Maybe Senti Adrien as well since he’s suddenly gone back to being his father’s doormat (Gabe’s dropped the nice guy act as well I see). This also confirms that Felix isn’t completely evil as well (like I said, I’m pretty confident that Lila is going to take over after Gabriel goes down now)

I wonder what Tsurugi wants out of all this though (use the Miraculous to restore her sight maybe?)

I’m also curious to see how Marinette and Adrien got to the point they’re at in Emotion (since in Perfection the former is still her usual self when it comes to love) and how it affects their relationship when in superhero mode (I assume an identity reveal that actually sticks is happening this season as well)

For some reason Kagami is renamed “Kyoko” in Brazil though as far as I know everyone else’s name is still the same as the other versions

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 23, 2022

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
On one hand I've complained ad nauseum about how the release of stuff is a detriment to the show, otoh lmao that's awesome

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I forget, why is the show like this again? Is it that hard to just work on the episodes in chronological order (they had a good streak going for a while at the start of Season 5 after all)?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Larryb posted:

I forget, why is the show like this again? Is it that hard to just work on the episodes in chronological order (they had a good streak going for a while at the start of Season 5 after all)?
I've skipped the spoilers above (probably a fool's errand, but hey...), but the show has been hobbled by production troubles from the word go. The sheer amount of work meant that they farmed out the animation to multiple CG houses, at least one of which went bust and another was effectively a startup with all the problems that entails, and some episodes proved either especially complex or problematic requiring multiple 'reshoots', per Astruc. At a certain point the various networks started going "give us whatever's finished, we don't care if they're in the right order." In the early seasons that wasn't really an issue, but now...

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, aside from for whatever reason putting the origin story in the middle to end of the first season rather than the beginning (though shows like Code Lyoko were also guilty of that to be fair) it didn’t matter much at first but as the show gradually becomes more serialized watching in proper order has now become more important than ever

I wonder if keeping the originally planned 2D anime style would have been better or worse for the show’s production (probably the latter since I’ve heard one of the main reasons they switched to CG to begin with was that Ladybug’s spots were a bitch to draw)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 23, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Protection (a previously missing episode between Perfection and Emotion) has been fansubbed now and explains a few things about the latter.

This basically means that Kagami was akumatized twice in a row for almost the same reason though but it does form something of a character arc for her (though she’s not as bright as she seems since Lila was laying it on a bit thick even for her there)

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I think I'm definitely going to wait for the 'Kwamis' Choice' two-parter before watching any of the later episodes, because the little I know about it suggests something very big will happen with ongoing repercussions (not least Marinette and Adrien finally dating - thanks for that, Twitter spoilers). Has there ever been a show with a more frustrating release schedule?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Payndz posted:

I think I'm definitely going to wait for the 'Kwamis' Choice' two-parter before watching any of the later episodes, because the little I know about it suggests something very big will happen with ongoing repercussions (not least Marinette and Adrien finally dating - thanks for that, Twitter spoilers). Has there ever been a show with a more frustrating release schedule?

Not sure but I will say the spoilered bit above doesn’t actually start until “Protection” which just recently aired in Brazil

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Our first official trailer for the movie drops next week:

https://twitter.com/MLNewsWorld/status/1598456141595693056

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
It's ironic that right as Astruc's long-term master plan is nearing its endgame, the spinoff movie that he wasn't involved in looks set to reset everything to day 1 status and start off again in a different direction.

It would be even more ironic if the movie came out before season 5 actually finished airing. Which, given Zag's terrible record of getting episodes finished, is not impossible...

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Payndz posted:

It's ironic that right as Astruc's long-term master plan is nearing its endgame, the spinoff movie that he wasn't involved in looks set to reset everything to day 1 status and start off again in a different direction.

It would be even more ironic if the movie came out before season 5 actually finished airing. Which, given Zag's terrible record of getting episodes finished, is not impossible...

Speaking of, is the movie supposed to be canon to the series or something separate (also is Miraculous World: London still happening)?

There are still at least two more confirmed seasons after the current one but recent events seem to indicate that Gabe’s days are numbered and a new big bad will likely take over eventually

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The movie is apparently an entirely separate reboot of the premise (and also a musical).

AFAIK, the London, Brazil and Africa (lol at the expanding milieu of each) are still happening, but don't have release dates yet. Just like the regular episodes. :haw:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Payndz posted:

The movie is apparently an entirely separate reboot of the premise (and also a musical).

AFAIK, the London, Brazil and Africa (lol at the expanding milieu of each) are still happening, but don't have release dates yet. Just like the regular episodes. :haw:

Ah, I wasn’t aware there were 3 more MW movies in the works.

Sort of curious now if Season 7 is actually going to be the end of the series or not

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Larryb posted:

Ah, I wasn’t aware there were 3 more MW movies in the works.

Sort of curious now if Season 7 is actually going to be the end of the series or not

'Movies' is kind of overselling it, especially compared to the theatrical reboot release. More like hour long episodes in the vein of the New York special.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oracle posted:

'Movies' is kind of overselling it, especially compared to the theatrical reboot release. More like hour long episodes in the vein of the New York special.

Ah, I got into the series late so I wasn’t aware. I assume none of the MW “movies” were released theatrically in any country then?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Larryb posted:

Ah, I got into the series late so I wasn’t aware. I assume none of the MW “movies” were released theatrically in any country then?

oh absolutely not. All TV.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Apparently the movie trailer dropped early in France:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Pw3hWWH4DQY

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Larryb posted:

Apparently the movie trailer dropped early in France:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Pw3hWWH4DQY

This looks more like a sizzle reel of what’s currently finished than a proper trailer. No voice work yet even, one scene, bits and pieces of what appears to be the following scene, and that’s it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oracle posted:

This looks more like a sizzle reel of what’s currently finished than a proper trailer. No voice work yet even, one scene, bits and pieces of what appears to be the following scene, and that’s it.

True, we’ll see if the one that’s coming out on the 6th is any better or if this is literally it

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Dec 6, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It’s in German but here’s the actual trailer:

https://twitter.com/MLNewsWorld/status/1599777190224465921

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Aw, 5x10 was genuinely sweet after all the emotional investment in the main characters.

So of course, everything is bound to go horribly wrong in the second half.

Alya and Zoe made a great team as the new Ladybug and Cat, BTW. So of course, everything is bound to go horribly wrong for them too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It seems like the Alliance rings are going to be their undoing and Marinette and Adrian are going to have to reclaim their powers. Kind of a pity since like you said Alya and Zoe make a good team and it’s nice to see them being heroes again even if it’s just temporary.

Also if Kwami’s can apparently renounce their holders why doesn’t Nooroo just tell Gabe to gently caress off?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 14, 2022