Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.
https://twitter.com/NoContextBrits/status/1602822944379518977

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Paladinus posted:

They've hosed up packaging, it should be in little resealable plastic tubs.

A real american eats the whole tube at once.

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

i saw this phenomenon in the wild once

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/Snack_Memories/status/1602829976662859778

I can't decide if I'm more excited about the Boil'nPour or the Fresh-Flo!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I ate a lot of that my first year of grad school, because it was ALWAYS on sale for obvious reasons (tasted vaguely of metal, was a stupid idea, etc.)

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I don't really see the point. Pasta is already really cheap and easy to make, and 12 minutes doesn't seem very fast. You can get meat sauce cheap in a jar.

City of Glompton posted:

Nice! is the store brand of Walgreens. No real relation to Morrisons.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

SlothfulCobra posted:

Nice isn't a brand name, it's the name of the biscuit probably named after the French city. Loads of biscuit manufacturers make Nice biscuits, here in Australia they're made by Arnott's.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
What’s weird about Nice biscuits? They’re nice!

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Creature posted:

Noice!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Pouch of meat sauce would be a good username

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

spreadable meat

no ring

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

What does "fresh flow" even mean

Outside of freestyle rap

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Brawnfire posted:

Outside of freestyle rap
"not chunky"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Smooth, pourable pasta

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Brawnfire posted:

Outside of freestyle rap

It's mostly used in the advertisement of colostomy bags

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

To be clear, it's "Fresh-Flo" which is when your aunt gets saucy

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

City of Glompton posted:

Nice

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

I'm sure they're fine, but the packaging doesn't instill confidence

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Helith posted:

Nice isn't a brand name, it's the name of the biscuit probably named after the French city. Loads of biscuit manufacturers make Nice biscuits, here in Australia they're made by Arnott's.

Nice may be, but Nice! is a Walgreens thing.

As opposed to England's bland cookies.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

SlothfulCobra posted:

I don't really see the point. Pasta is already really cheap and easy to make, and 12 minutes doesn't seem very fast. You can get meat sauce cheap in a jar.

These didn't really go away, just got replaced with a much less packaging dependent method where sauce ice cubes are mixed in with the frozen pasta. The point is some people are absolutely paralyzed when asked to do monumental planning tasks like figure out how much of the sauce jar goes into the box pasta. And occasionally an easy way to get cheese stuffed pasta if you don't have access to any semi-fresh in the fridge section.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Nice may be, but Nice! is a Walgreens thing.

As opposed to England's bland cookies.

I'm not sure anyone hadn't grasped that concept, it was just the juxtaposition of thing with Nice in name costing .69 cents/pence/whatever that was amusing

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Helith posted:

Nice! is literally the store-brand for Walgreens. Where the gently caress did you get biscuits from? The picture itself is a bottle of water.

Butterfly Valley posted:

I'm not sure anyone hadn't grasped that concept, it was just the juxtaposition of thing with Nice in name costing .69 cents/pence/whatever that was amusing

My brother in Christ, the person that didn't grasp the concept was literally quoted in the post you're replying to.

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 16:17 on Dec 14, 2022

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

dog nougat posted:

I'm sure they're fine, but the packaging doesn't instill confidence

I love how the mascot is a perfectly drawn representation of "trying to come up with an explanation on the spot for this thing I'm gesturing towards"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Our mascot must communicate that we are a proper Scottish brand - what about a mirthless, disheveled ten years old alcoholic?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Got popsicles for my hellish sick throat.

This is something I've never seen!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

steinrokkan posted:

Our mascot must communicate that we are a proper Scottish brand - what about a mirthless, disheveled ten years old alcoholic?

CUNO DONT CARE

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Creature posted:

I would argue that they Arnott

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Zipperelli. posted:

Nice! is literally the store-brand for Walgreens. Where the gently caress did you get biscuits from? The picture itself is a bottle of water.

My brother in Christ, the person that didn't grasp the concept was literally quoted in the post you're replying to.

The first weird out of place comment was SlothfulCobra, to even bring up store brands at all was irrelevant in response to someone else saying "hey lol I also have a picture of the product name 'nice', price '69' juxtaposition. It seemed like a mission to advertise Walgreens store brand.

I'm almost certain Helith doesn't think every single package with Nice on it must contain biscuits, as you say there was literally a bottle of water in the picture, but they were confused by SlothfulCobra's bringing up of brands. A confused reply to a weird reply.

Now your post is a confused reply to a confused reply to a weird reply and we're an ouroboros of idiot posters.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Every posting derail should get an NTSB style root cause analysis

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://i.imgur.com/pw9yMX7.mp4

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Butterfly Valley posted:

The first weird out of place comment was SlothfulCobra, to even bring up store brands at all was irrelevant in response to someone else saying "hey lol I also have a picture of the product name 'nice', price '69' juxtaposition. It seemed like a mission to advertise Walgreens store brand.

I'm almost certain Helith doesn't think every single package with Nice on it must contain biscuits, as you say there was literally a bottle of water in the picture, but they were confused by SlothfulCobra's bringing up of brands. A confused reply to a weird reply.

Now your post is a confused reply to a confused reply to a weird reply and we're an ouroboros of idiot posters.

:nice:

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

FOOOMEEE

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
82 grams of sugar and 260 mg of caffeine... throw some vodka in there and baby you got a stew goin'.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

uber_stoat posted:

82 grams of sugar and 260 mg of caffeine... throw some vodka in there and baby you got a stew goin'.

Geez. More caffeine per ounce than monster energy, and you hit the recommended maximum daily intake (4-5 cups of coffee equivalent) in a large one.

:sludgepal:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Love the increasingly disgusted expression on the face of the lady who works there

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Please stop treating caffeine as if it's harmless as vitamin C, people actually died by overdosing:
https://www.caffeineinformer.com/a-real-life-death-by-caffeine

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

He's not really a mascot. Oor Wullie is a comic strip character that's been around for decades, kind of like a Scots Dennis the Menace.

Anything labelled "Iron Brew" or other variations that aren't specifically Irn Bru(tm) are off-brand knock-offs that probably vaguely taste like the real thing.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

holy poo poo, homie went beast mode on those megadogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

By popular demand posted:

Please stop treating caffeine as if it's harmless as vitamin C, people actually died by overdosing:
https://www.caffeineinformer.com/a-real-life-death-by-caffeine
The first several of these are suicides in case anyone's wondering. Real bummer.