Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
generated with ChatGPT:

Once upon a time, in a faraway land, there was a magical and mysterious thing called bitcoin. People said that it was a special kind of money that could make them very rich. But little did they know, bitcoin was actually a big scam.

People who believed in bitcoin were always on the lookout for ways to get more of it. They would search the internet for special websites and secret codes that would help them "mine" for more bitcoin.

But the truth was, there was no real bitcoin to be found. It was all just a big trick. The people who created bitcoin were actually clever thieves who were trying to steal people's money.

At first, some people were able to make a lot of money with bitcoin. They would buy it when it was cheap and then sell it when it was worth more. But then, something terrible happened. The thieves who created bitcoin suddenly disappeared, and all the money that people had invested in it was gone.

People who had believed in bitcoin were devastated. They had lost all their money, and they had no way to get it back. They realized that they had been tricked by a clever scam, and that there was no such thing as magic money.

In the end, the people who had lost their money learned a valuable lesson. They learned that it is important to be careful with your money and to never trust something just because it seems too good to be true. They promised themselves that they would never fall for a scam like bitcoin again.

The end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
christ, i'm listening to today's house committee hearing, and the number of ranking members who are still carrying water for crypto as they discuss one of the largest frauds in history is disgusting

tom emmer, a republican (a lot of the shills are republican for some odd reason) from minnesota finished his questioning of ray with these remarks which are just infuriating

quote:

Thank you Mr. Ray, I appreciate you mentioning your concerns about the concentration of power in a small group of individuals with no oversight. That is the exact problem of openness and permissionless technology that crypto and blockchain solves. It solves for the problems with centralization...

I encourage my colleagues to understand Sam Banman-Fried crimes for what it is, a failure of centralization. A failure of business ethics and a crime. It is not a failure of technology.

the statements of a man being paid to not understand that technology is not some magic replacement for social structures. the massive fraud is just proof that the technology was just not embraced hard enough

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

super weird they called it alameda when they're across the bay

look up the song Alameda by Elliot Smith :nsa:

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

christ, i'm listening to today's house committee hearing, and the number of ranking members who are still carrying water for crypto as they discuss one of the largest frauds in history is disgusting

tom emmer, a republican (a lot of the shills are republican for some odd reason) from minnesota finished his questioning of ray with these remarks which are just infuriating

the statements of a man being paid to not understand that technology is not some magic replacement for social structures. the massive fraud is just proof that the technology was just not embraced hard enough

I read this as signaling to future campaign donors. As a criminal, what's the point of buying off a congressman if they're going to ditch you as soon as the chips are down?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Jon Stewart had a vodcast(?) for his show on YouTube about a week ago regarding ftx and they brought on a guy that explains the situation well. Including how apparently the crypto regulation was going through CFTC as part of an agricultural bill because the CFTC originally was in charge of food futures. Pretty funny

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
I'm waiting for the prosecution of SBF's parents to begin cause ...

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/the-parents-in-the-middle-of-ftxs-collapse/

Lol. Way to put your own names on the $16.4 million Bahamas property

Fake Joy
Dec 14, 2022

by sebmojo
https://i.imgur.com/lAyU15V.mp4

Fake Joy
Dec 14, 2022

by sebmojo
Namaste

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
# tuna a beast 9000

Fake Joy
Dec 14, 2022

by sebmojo

Boxturret posted:

# tuna a beast 9000
hey, back in your hole you dirty little yosposter!

Fake Joy
Dec 14, 2022

by sebmojo
i skimmed ur post and this is all i picked up after like 1.5 seconds so here is my official formal response, which i know you're dripping wet for. merry xmas superfan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
I have an irrational anticipation for Binance's collapse. I think the explanation was their giddy boasting in the wake of the FTX/SBF collapse, pretending like their poo poo don't stink just as bad. When we all know that thing is just as much of a ponzi as any other.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

You can definitely tell that much of the crypto largesse has been spent on quietly bribing a huge number of republicans

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022

acidx posted:

As funny as this SBF saga is, it will be nothing compared to CZ if binance goes down. Would be like a looney tunes bit. Like he pushed SBF off a cliff and wipes his hands and starts to walk away but ope, turns out he was tied to SBF with a rope because of course he was. It's all fuckin crypto you idiot. What did you think would happen if you blew up one of the largest exchanges lol.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Seraph managed to post enough this time I don't have the energy to edit all his posts right now. Apologies for that. I wonder if it's the holidays or the ongoing implosion of the crypto Jenga tower that set him off this time.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Well going by the state of the forum announcement , goon spending is down. Maybe Seraph felt he needed to help balance the books for the end of the year.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
It’s pure lols that after watching a half dozen of these “exhanges” fail people still have actual money in them to this day.

Anybody left deserves to lose it all.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I have gemini account!

i bought amp at 2 cents then sold at 4 cents then I bought again at 12 and sold at .9 cents TO PAY MY BILLS

Armitage_Shanks
May 16, 2004

Fear the aVICtar.
https://twitter.com/jimcramer/status/1602964089982033920

Can't be too much longer now.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So it's been a long time since I was even sort of aware of what crypto exchanges were around. If Binance goes under is there still any major ones running? Seems to be the main one at the moment crypto spammers, spam. Is that one that was based of magic cards still about? That was always a laugh remembering that was a thing that exists.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

dr_rat posted:

So it's been a long time since I was even sort of aware of what crypto exchanges were around. If Binance goes under is there still any major ones running? Seems to be the main one at the moment crypto spammers, spam. Is that one that was based of magic cards still about? That was always a laugh remembering that was a thing that exists.

Its my understanding that coinbase is powered by venture capital....and not stealing people deposits....wait...do I have that right?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Coinbase will be the last one standing, or last to fall at least. It's been restrictive on what coins it lets on and its money is mostly made from high fees and investor capital.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Squiggle posted:

Him playing League of Legends constantly yet apparently being too stupid to ever improve is really a pretty funny metaphor

I'm pretty sure a shitload of people do this and I imagine neglecting sleep, food and communication other than screaming and/or typing slurs probably doesn't do much for their performance.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Can any degenerates comment on this combination of drugs?

https://twitter.com/ewnewsbahamas/status/1602764777100660741

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

i'd like to think against reason that jim cramer is aware that he is in effect a god, one that has the touch of death. simply by stridently expressing confidence in something you can destroy it. imagine having that power...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

MisterOblivious posted:

https://twitter.com/SilvermanJacob/status/1602760630980968448?s=19

Gonna be interesting seeing some more of these group chat messages.

You can't really 'own' a bitcoin, maaaan.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

His adderall dosage is pretty reasonable at least assuming "every 4 hours" doesnt mean hes constantly on it all day, no idea how it interacts with anything else but I know a few people who take twice that.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

MAOIs can be used to potentiate some hallucinogens. I've heard they can also have some euphoric effects themselves but in generally they're not used commonly due to way too many bad interactions with common foods like cheese, which can give you serotonin syndrome which is real bad.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

MAOIs have terrifyingly long list of things they don't mix with, you don't want to take those without a really good reason

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Had to check this thread for an update cause I saw a clickbait article that BTC was rallying. Does rally mean "getting more hosed" in bizarro finance world?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

dr_rat posted:

Coinbase, Crypto.com and Kraken are the remaining ones I know about. You might remember Kraken as the one with the CEO railing against "wokeness." They laid off a few thousand people a few weeks ago.

repiv posted:

MAOIs have terrifyingly long list of things they don't mix with, you don't want to take those without a really good reason

Yeah, your body makes these monoamines oxidases (MAOs), one of the roles of which is to break down stuff in food that might act as a neurotransmitter. MAOIs (MAO inhibitors) block them, so all sorts of stuff in food can suddenly start having weird effects, or drugs at normal dosages are suddenly way stronger.

HappyHippo fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Dec 14, 2022

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

hazardousmouse posted:

Had to check this thread for an update cause I saw a clickbait article that BTC was rallying. Does rally mean "getting more hosed" in bizarro finance world?

huh I wonder if maybe everyone taking their btc from the other exchanges is putting pressure on those exchanges to cough up those coins.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

hazardousmouse posted:

Atm the various coins are so down that even a bump of $500 is sold as a "rally" to try and get people to buy back in.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ups_rail posted:

huh I wonder if maybe everyone taking their btc from the other exchanges is putting pressure on those exchanges to cough up those coins.
Yeah everyone pulling from the exchanges in anticipation of them collapsing probably means buy pressure as the exchanges try to meet demand. The perfect time to, uh, lock your money into bitcoin held in exchanges.

Keeping in mind this is a "rally" of 2 grand up from a nearly 6 grand (>25%) crash last month.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Dec 14, 2022

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
When's "what is a taxable event" season in the us again?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

HappyHippo posted:

Coinbase, Crypto.com and Kraken are the remaining ones I know about. You might remember Kraken as the one with the CEO railing against "wokeness." They laid off a few thousand people a few weeks ago.

I know Krakens are public domain mythology, but I wonder if they chose the name because of regressive poo poo.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

HappyHippo posted:

The big exchanges after Binance are

Coinbase - the exchange listed on the stock market that gets VC cash
Bitfinex - the exchange responsible for creating 80 billion fake dollars that created trillions in on-exchange transactions over the past 8 years
Gemini - the winklevoss exchange
Kraken, crypto.com and a few others round out the list

Binance going down would be pretty huge since they are the largest and manipulate their own exchange to prop up prices but bitfinex is the key. They can still just create billions of "dollars" out of nothing and bail everyone else out. Binance got a half bil yesterday from them.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Yes Bitcoin is rallying. It's going 120 mph in the woods and any minute it's going to step off the path and flip 15 times and hit a tree. The guys in the car are going to be ok but you're probably out on whatever you gave them for the car.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I assume the weird spike in bitcoin price is binance doing some more market manipulation now that they handle the vast majority of all crypto transactions. They halted the crash from 30k to 17k and recovered $4000 to $21000 by posting fake buy orders for billions of dollars that they sold to themselves. No money exchanged hands but they own the exchange so they can pretend someone wanted 120,000 bitcoins when every real trader is selling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Buttcoin's price is often correlated with moves in the stock indices (mostly the Nasdaq) and those had a pretty good day yesterday on tamer inflation news. But minute by minute moves are almost always a result of naked market manipulation in a less liquid space.