Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Had a friend who became homeless due to his heroin addiction. I actually wonder if he had stayed a functional addict that he might've fallen down the Q hole. He's thankfully clean now, and he seemed to imply that politics weren't a huge thing within the homeless groups he ran with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

My dad was into meth and crack for decades, he now takes part in the convoy protests and posts relentless amounts of Q and Infowars garbage on facebook :toot:

I have no clue how he's managed to stay alive this long. It baffles me more than anything. I cut him off when I was 17, but I check his profile to find out if he's dead yet because he keeps trying to track me down and I want to know when I can finally relax. Every time I see new posts I'm disappointed.

Meth and crack are good fun drugs. Your dad just sucks. Drugs don't make you right wing they just amplify it if you already are.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Inceltown posted:

You never ask someone from South Africa why they moved to Perth in the 90s.

"Excuse me I'm a Rhodesian".

*shiver*

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The only good Rhodesians are those dogs with the weird, uh, butts?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The South African Clap-Hound?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Powered Descent posted:

By now there must be linguists and sociologists out there who have earned doctorates for analyzing the miscommunications caused by the differing renderings of particular emoji on different platforms.

👏 Hmm... it doesn't quite show up the same here, but what had to be explained to me was the hands with little droplets around it was not supposed to be "wet hands" or "washing your hands" or "sweaty hands". It was supposed to be clapping. I just don't get it. There's another emoji that shows up on Facebook that looks like goatse but apparently it's supposed to be praise or prayer or something.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

cult_hero posted:

Pretty much this, it's the idea that as nations get richer, they have fewer kids and an aging population which sucks up a lot of resources. It's really only a concern if you're a racist society, like Japan, and get squicked out at the thought of foreigners filling necessary niches in your economy.

But also stare blankly at the idea that your kids who are working themselves to death to barely afford rent anywhere there's actual jobs and have no stability or security aren't eager to get married and start pumping out babies.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

OwlFancier posted:

Well that's a whole pile of comments I probably shouldn't have read because jesus wept there's some morons on twitter.

Is it really so difficult to conceive of people not wanting to gently caress? I don't want to gently caress 99% of people I encounter, 100% is not a big leap. Do these people just only experience interpersonal relationships via the medium of wanting to gently caress?

It's not the concept of not having sexual attraction these people struggle with. Its that ace people are happy as the way they are and are not seeking to 'fix' themselves.

Mega Comrade has a new favorite as of 10:32 on Dec 14, 2022

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Mister Speaker posted:

The only good Rhodesians are those dogs with the weird, uh, butts?

The main downside of owning a Rhodesian Ridgebutt is that they will make all south african ex-pats in a 50 mile radius slither out the woodwork and from under stones to tell you they used to have dozens of them on the plantation they owned and how great they were at keeping the local gibbon population down.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gandhi 'repented' of his hatred for black people when he found out that the British Empire didn't agree that Indians and whites were on the same level.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Dabir posted:

Gandhi 'repented' of his hatred for black people when he found out that the British Empire didn't agree that Indians and whites were on the same level.

leopards ate HIS face?

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/725414171327594606/1052540803534307358/its_a_cylinder.mp4

E: some great ones in here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeremiahdjohns/status/1602665629236006912

Mr.Radar has a new favorite as of 14:29 on Dec 14, 2022

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I had to skip the ukraine section of the poll because i didnt recognize any of the posts by name and easnt willing to read a while bunch of new bad posts all at once but i sadly recognixed every single one in the other cstegories

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/JeremiahDJohns/status/1602665957276663811

RIGGED ELECTION!

Bean Dad was almost two years ago!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Platystemon posted:

https://twitter.com/JeremiahDJohns/status/1602665957276663811

RIGGED ELECTION!

Bean Dad was almost two years ago!

If this is the rule set we're running with, we can keep giving Best Picture to RoboCop every year.

(One of the awards shows does run like this, one of the Pixar or Disney films got nominated and lost one year, then got nominated and won the following)

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/andrewjmichaels/status/1602718877712089090?s=46&t=ZqCf6xyy0QURhCBoAY_fJA

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
No specific examples here, but it's real easy to find on THAT side of Twitter: Ellen Degeneres's DJ (also well known as a contestant on So You Think You Can Dance) committed suicide today. He was only 40 years old, and was just posting Tiktok videos of himself and his family, dancing around seeming totally happy.

Depression? Nope. :tinfoil: HE KNEW TOO MUCH ABOUT ELLEN AND PIZZAGATE!

(You'd think we'd have learned from Robin Williams, etc. that someone can SEEM happy, make others laugh, and maybe even genuinely BE happy at times...and yet still suffer from depression and even suicidal thoughts.)

I lied, here's just one example:
https://twitter.com/HappyHorseGirl1/status/1603063212324200448

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVb6J8_dtk0

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/kelly_carlin/status/1602495286080741378

https://twitter.com/kelly_carlin/status/1602545023874015232

Understanding jokes and sarcasm is a lost art. A good portion of the replies to David's tweet and Kelly's first one dont understand it.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Bugsy posted:

Being condescending to the daughter of a famous comedian

Doesn't this also happen pretty often with Robin Williams's daughter, Zelda?

VVV Oh, goddamn you. :bahgawd:

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 20:24 on Dec 14, 2022

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Read After Burning posted:

Doesn't this also happen pretty often with Robin Williams's daughter, Zelda?

That's a common mistake. Her name is actually Link.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Half the replies: "This is wildly inaccurate and ignores the social and historical context to which these concepts are actually tied. Early mentions of tomte..."
Other half: Just the most antisemitic poo poo you can imagine.
Glad Elon got rid of hate speech on Twitter!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Powered Descent posted:

By now there must be linguists and sociologists out there who have earned doctorates for analyzing the miscommunications caused by the differing renderings of particular emoji on different platforms.

e:

It looks like a selection of weapons from New Vegas.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Vib Rib posted:

Glad Elon got rid of hate speech on Twitter!

He increased freedom of speech.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Dixville posted:

I don't know if this belongs here but can anyone figure out what the hell the yellow things are? To me it looks like Simpsons kissing and one has their eye open but I realize this probably isn't the case.

That post is really strange, because cigarettes and whiskey are absolutely totems for the kind of misanthropic, stunted nerd who would share that kind of thing thinking that they're Philip Marlow.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"Something inside you is hurting you". No poo poo, there's two wolves in there!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

get a wolfectomy

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/shi_huang5/status/1602681639301046273

https://twitter.com/TedPavlic/status/1602928247591034881
https://twitter.com/sasanianshah/status/1603081401112616960

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022

No specific examples here, but it's real easy to find on THAT side of Twitter: Ellen Degeneres's DJ (also well known as a contestant on So You Think You Can Dance) committed suicide today. He was only 40 years old, and was just posting Tiktok videos of himself and his family, dancing around seeming totally happy.

Depression? Nope. :tinfoil: HE KNEW TOO MUCH ABOUT ELLEN AND PIZZAGATE!

(You'd think we'd have learned from Robin Williams, etc. that someone can SEEM happy, make others laugh, and maybe even genuinely BE happy at times...and yet still suffer from depression and even suicidal thoughts.)

I lied, here's just one example:
https://twitter.com/HappyHorseGirl1/status/1603063212324200448

wait, is Portia de Rossi supposedly missing/replaced by a clone or something?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

2nd level spells posted:

wait, is Portia de Rossi supposedly missing/replaced by a clone or something?

I THINK they mean Anne Heche, a former partner of Ellen's who recently died in a car accident (possibly either a DUI or a mental break while driving, I think it's up in the air). Portia is still alive and married to Ellen.

(To be fair, I get them a bit confused too...not visually, but remembering which is which. I can only remember it as "her current partner was the lady from Arrested Development".)

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 22:10 on Dec 14, 2022

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Ellen murdered her car! THE CAR KNEW TOO MUCH.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I am going to resurrect Steven Jay Gould using vodou to deal with this motherfucker.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
My Wife the Car

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

AlbieQuirky posted:

get a wolfectomy restraining order

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

"Something inside you is hurting you". No poo poo, there's two wolves in there!

That's like, double cancer then.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"#DiedSuddendly" and "#DiedSuddently" is trending. :lol:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

"Overlaid" doesn't sound like an affliction to me. :wiggle:

Absolutely losing my poo poo at "kil'd by several accidents".

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Dang. Imagine dying of piles.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Here's the entire list:

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
I'm over-laid, and starved at nurse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

I know you are joking, but I'm guessing overlaid from the context is basically died of neglect, where overlaid basically means laid in one position for too long and developed bedsores before starving to death because their nurse failed them?