Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Given that Bernietars were being given to regulars rather than being brought by themselves, I don't think it was necessarily an endorsement of the man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

can the bernietar benefactor reveal himself or herself in this thread

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

no need to announce your presence like this

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

when the mods here read 20 posts going “banish the trump and musk threads” and inevitably go “message received, we’ll get more IKs for those threads” (again) and then those IKs inevitably get promoted to mods (again), who then inevitably do some terrible GBS thing that gets them demodded (again) - I’d like to go on record in advance to say I told you so

or you could just banish the lovely threads in the first place. You have options

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

The Pussy Boss posted:

What you have to understand is that the Musk thread is a mock thread. It's like those threads about Blizzard or Star Citizen or w/e where people post 100000000 times about how much they hate the thing. People go there to call him Elong Muskrat and wish death upon him. Like here's a couple of recent posts:

And so on. You made posts which didn't attack Elon Musk, who is the new bogeyman, which means you support him. That's literally all they took from your posts. They don't care about the govt censoring social media. That's not what the thread is about.

Oooooooh, that makes so much sense.

mawarannahr posted:

We should be able to attribute and link posts from other forums, which do the same for us, the only forum with said rule

Yes

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

You are not clever and I think that you and everyone who thinks that is funny or emptyquoted that post should all go gently caress yourselves.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shifty Nipples posted:

You are not clever and I think that you and everyone who thinks that is funny or emptyquoted that post should all go gently caress yourselves.

:qq:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Agreed that F stop fitzgerald is not clever. Actually, they're the opposite of clever. I dont know what the appropriate word for that would be

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i thought it was funny, sorry everyone

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

vyelkin posted:

I more or less agree with this. To me it comes back to the most fundamental rule of the SA forums:

"I wish Elon Musk would die" is not funny, informative, or interesting on any level and posts like that overall contribute to a posting environment that encourages worse posts instead of better posts. In general I think cspam improves when fewer posts are screaming at the void and more posts at least try to be funny, informative, or interesting.

I agree with everything written here. Except for maybe the premise. We’ve carved out a special exception for death posting instead of just probing people for bad posting. I think this is important as if we probed people for being unfunny then like why is my account in good standing? What would even be left of the forum? So we need exceptions for posts that go beyond just being bad.

So I agree with you, but in my eyes “post better” doesn’t feel like a valid justification for this rule.

To be clear I’m not seriously lobbying for a rule change. just pointing out that it feels inconsistent to me.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

i thought it was funny, sorry everyone

Apology accepted, be more careful with your empty quotes next time.

eternalvictory
Jul 13, 2020

"I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs."

Shifty Nipples posted:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lol

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Shifty Nipples posted:

lol

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Best Friends posted:

when the mods here read 20 posts going “banish the trump and musk threads” and inevitably go “message received, we’ll get more IKs for those threads” (again) and then those IKs inevitably get promoted to mods (again), who then inevitably do some terrible GBS thing that gets them demodded (again) - I’d like to go on record in advance to say I told you so

or you could just banish the lovely threads in the first place. You have options

the covid thread appears to desire to be gassed, they're all horny for climbing up on a cross and should be obliged

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Minecraft Holmes posted:

the covid thread appears to desire to be gassed, they're all horny for climbing up on a cross and should be obliged

This poster is crying for help, desperate to have their account gassed. Help them now.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

TehSaurus posted:

I agree with everything written here. Except for maybe the premise. We’ve carved out a special exception for death posting instead of just probing people for bad posting. I think this is important as if we probed people for being unfunny then like why is my account in good standing? What would even be left of the forum? So we need exceptions for posts that go beyond just being bad.

So I agree with you, but in my eyes “post better” doesn’t feel like a valid justification for this rule.

To be clear I’m not seriously lobbying for a rule change. just pointing out that it feels inconsistent to me.

there is an explicit rule against bloodlust in cspam. as it is this is enforced very loosely, which is totally fine as long as people do not get ultra weird about it (challenge - impossible)

quote:

7. Do not say that anyone, on here or off, specific or general should kill themselves. Do not say that it would be good if anyone killed themselves. Do not say that anyone should be killed. Do not lay out methods for successful suicide, even if you direct them toward hypothetical terrible people who might be reading. These types of posts can be triggering and it's not cool.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Minecraft Holmes posted:

no one cares. stop reading threads and forums that upset you

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Zodium posted:

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Zodium posted:

why would such a pathetic martyr complex upset me? it's a thread on a forum lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Zodium posted:

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Minecraft Holmes posted:

a question worth investigating imho

know thyself

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Zodium posted:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zodium posted:

Embarrassing how some people started saying "u mad" in 2007 and decided they never needed to learn a second type of post

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
But they've been mad since 2007. Why would they ever need to learn another post?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

speng31b posted:

there is an explicit rule against bloodlust in cspam

this is discrimination against ogre-mages

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Zodium posted:

goons like to gawk and laugh at other goons. always have always will

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Shifty Nipples posted:

whats wrong with the letter R

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

goons like to gawk and laugh at other goons. always have always will

That's great, keep it to yourself, you dweeb.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Minecraft Holmes posted:

aids

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the stewie griffin politics threads needs an ik, please either make fart simpson the ik or that thread or force paul to be the ik of that thread

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

whats wrong with the letter R

It’s in a no-no word not once but twice

Also sometimes in another no-no word but only when that word is hard

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Zodium posted:

everyone cares. stop posting threads and forums that upset me

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

speng31b posted:

there is an explicit rule against bloodlust in cspam. as it is this is enforced very loosely, which is totally fine as long as people do not get ultra weird about it (challenge - impossible)

Yes! Exactly! It has been a while since I actually read the rule and I think the triggering bit is the part that resonates with me most, so maybe that’s all the justification I need.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Zodium posted:

Half of the problems on here could be fixed if people would just do this.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

gas aids psycho freak goons ftw 😂

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Zodium posted:

gas aids psycho freak goons ftw 😂

Done.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Best Friends posted:

you can banish the trump thread but that doesn't banish trump. still relevant to politics, still a topic for discussion. there will just be a new thread. i would recommend an adjustment of mindset so that the existence of a thread you don't like does not ruin your experience of A Website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Have you considered making the thread that is nominally about former president Donald Trump a good thread instead of an incoherent nightmare realm?