Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I'd be fine with Elon killing self-driving cars as someone that lives in a place where commuting in a car is the only option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Frank Frank posted:

Because he is the one tanking their stock and if they had any activist shareholders (they likely do), they would be crowing from the rooftops that Musk was now in an "advisory role only" or whatever just like Papa John.

That lawsuit about his 55 billion pay package is an activist lawsuit, just using a guy with 7 shares as the proxy so the institutional investors don’t get blowback. So it’s possible they are pushing back.

It’s not likely to win, but boy howdy if it does. That would be a massive amount of wealth for Elon to lose, some of which is undoubtedly leveraged against.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

sinky posted:

:allears:

I can't remember ever seeing a warning like that for any url.
"potentially spammy" - This warning screams "Elon wrote this and we had to copy-paste it so he wouldn't fire us."

Butterwagon posted:

the sight of this man fills me with the urge to pants him and shove him in a locker
I'm getting uncanny valley vibes seeing how much botox and face lifting he's had done.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Butterwagon posted:

the sight of this man fills me with the urge to pants him and shove him in a locker

yes, davy jones' locker

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Did Elon ever fix his "legacy not noteworthy" checkbox that he's been rocking?

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Buce posted:

yes, davy jones' locker

Jokes on you, I put my pedo-proof personal submarine capsule on the roof.

As I engage the capsule dismount and enter it, leaving my temporary boatcar to sink to the deeps, I select the emergency rescue mode.

But I have forgotten to pay my subscription for that.

I mash the pay buttons, but at the pay screen, realize I left my wallet in the car.

I attempt to leave, I can at least swim, but the door hatch is malfunctioning.

I press the button for tech support and am placed in a 2 hour hold cue.

I bang fruitlessly on the spacecraft grade aluminum shell as my escape pod is sucked into the intake of the hydroelectric dam the autopilot missed hitting a cyclist for and put me in this loving lake.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

This guy should be studied as a man who is incapable of humor

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

This motherfucker looks like a malfunctioning Johnny Cab

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
"I CHANGED MY MIND!"

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status...%5Es1_&ref_url=

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

why would an established manufacturer like GM go out of its way to tie its name to a semifunctional car gimmick that's only presently useful, if at all, to large institutions that mostly don't make shopping decisions based on Reddit discourse

Probably they want to control the patents for the future when its improved enough to have wider appeal

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol he's really losing the narrative if he has to defend his lovely actions himself instead of having his legions do it

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao what Family?!

Good lord how are this wierd gently caress's hanger-ons more pathetic than Donny's?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kazil posted:

lol he's really losing the narrative if he has to defend his lovely actions himself instead of having his legions do it

Remember when he crowed about turning off all the bots and then he did and his replies are just full of people mercilessly dunking on him for BOOOO-URNSing in real life?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!

TulliusCicero posted:

Remember when he crowed about turning off all the bots and then he did and his replies are just full of people mercilessly dunking on him for BOOOO-URNSing in real life?

Technically, it's more like 10% dunking on him, you know the thing

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

ben shapino posted:

Technically, it's more like 10% dunking on him, you know the thing

Most of the people commenting on his tweets are actually fighting with each other as well.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!

koshmar posted:

Most of the people commenting on his tweets are actually fighting with each other as well.

yep twitter is orders of magnitude more of a lovely toxic environment than ever before, that's called disruption in the industry kid

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

the hubris of this dumb little guy, and the dumbness of his cult about where the real power is

good luck, buddy

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1603149774026428416

Just the biggest baby.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

what a little bitch

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Can't find an international source at the moment, but Twitter 2.0 just lost it's first case here in Germany in regard to hate speech. Was all over the evening news here, so I guess it'll drop soon. Basically was just a slap on the wrist that Twitter HAS to remove targeted hate speech (in this case unfounded accusation of pedophilia) if the target reports it to Twitter, which they apparently haven't in the past.

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/meinung/twitter-hass-im-netz-meinungsfreiheit-elon-musk-landgericht-frankfurt-kommentar-michael-blume-1.5715443

e: poo poo, paywalled...another one...

https://www.handelsblatt.com/techni...n/28866884.html

tuo fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 14, 2022

Trollipop
Apr 10, 2007

hippin and hoppin

Muh free speech

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Captain Beans posted:

what a little bitch

The worst mod on earth

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao what Family?!

Good lord how are this wierd gently caress's hanger-ons more pathetic than Donny's?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Folks I think I finally figured it out: Elon Musk thinks he is the real life Ozymandias, except his face is the Space Squid

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Also, this wording is the perfect way for him to attempt to eradicate his picture with Maxwell from Twitter:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

The Glumslinger posted:

Probably they want to control the patents for the future when its improved enough to have wider appeal

yes? That has nothing at all to do with public perception though, other automakers have been treating it as an interesting technology they'd like to develop and sell as a mature product for decades, Tesla didn't wait to have a working product and just went straight to treating it as the cornerstone of their advertising and choking the roads with thousands of "beta tests"

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 14, 2022

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

TulliusCicero posted:

Folks I think I finally figured it out: Elon Musk thinks he is the real life Ozymandias, except his face is the Space Squid

He is Ozymandias, just the poem version not the Watchmen version

E the Shaggy posted:

Also, this wording is the perfect way for him to attempt to eradicate his picture with Maxwell from Twitter:

Better ban that Twitter Files guy

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

ben shapino posted:

yep twitter is orders of magnitude more of a lovely toxic environment than ever before, that's called disruption in the industry kid

His second excuse after 10% boos was that people in the crowd were fighting and everyone was booing at that.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:hmbol:

"Second Richest Person in the World"

"Working Class"

I'm assuming Joe Smith lives in a McMansion and is the dictator of his own "small business" while stating he is working class to everyone he knows.

Good lord Reagan and Rand broke these people

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

TulliusCicero posted:

Folks I think I finally figured it out: Elon Musk thinks

gonna have to stop you right here

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

poor Tesla driver got killed by a motorcycle

Padical
Nov 29, 2004

my mind is melting, please send help

Breakfast Burrito
Aug 8, 2007

Breakfast Burrito fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Mar 1, 2023

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

why would an established manufacturer like GM go out of its way to tie its name to a semifunctional car gimmick that's only presently useful, if at all, to large institutions that mostly don't make shopping decisions based on Reddit discourse

Conventional automobiles aren't really a growth industry and they need something they can present to investors as The Next Big thing, because if they say "Well we're going to keep on selling the same stuff we always have but our prices and volumes are probably going to gradually decline" then the board gets taken out behind the woodshed.

It's OK for this purpose that this is a target 5+ years away so long as they can present some kind of a roadmap and progress.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pretty sure that's what Marx said, yeah, the bourgeoisie are just anyone you don't like

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

E the Shaggy posted:

but Hunter Biden's dick

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It’s wild how many schools are in buildings full of lead and asbestos in TYOOL 2022

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Azhais posted:

Did Elon ever fix his "legacy not noteworthy" checkbox that he's been rocking?

He's not really in a position to pay the $8 :eightbux: with the way things are going

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

:lol: That's it. Just :lol:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Simping for Elongernon