Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

docbeard posted:

Have you considered making the thread that is nominally about former president Donald Trump a good thread instead of an incoherent nightmare realm?

make the good thread about president trump you wish to see in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

docbeard posted:

Have you considered making the thread that is nominally about former president Donald Trump a good thread instead of an incoherent nightmare realm?

Be honest - would you actually post in such a thread, or do you just want the current Trump thread to not exist? Because if it's the former, yeah, make your own. Call it the "non-lovely Trump thread" or whatever you think is appropriate. If it's the latter, then pretend like it doesn't exist and poof, wish granted.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

docbeard posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312?s=20&t=IzW2WkAuHzWe8v4qoXFibg

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

docbeard posted:

there will probably a 2024 GOP primary thread soon

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Majorian posted:

Be honest - would you actually post in such a thread, or do you just want the current Trump thread to not exist? Because if it's the former, yeah, make your own. Call it the "non-lovely Trump thread" or whatever you think is appropriate. If it's the latter, then pretend like it doesn't exist and poof, wish granted.

Ah but have you considered that I am very lazy and easily distrac

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

docbeard posted:

Ah but have you considered that I am very lazy and easily distrac

Unironically the best type of poster, G*d bless.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
you certainly wouldnt want tipping over an incoherent nightmare realm to spill onto the rest of the forums

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

there's a gbs trump thread if that would be more to your liking, i haven't really visited it in a while so i don't know what specific kind of nightmare realm vibe they're going for these days

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

When there's "TRUMP news", it'll be in the thread title, probably.... THAT'S HOW YOU KNOW WHEN TO CHECK! otherwise it's food/pets/etc. if the thread should be moved anywhere, it's to the top level. ... ty

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Zodium posted:

no one cares. stop reading threads and forums that upset you

Zodium posted:

gas aids psycho freak goons ftw 😂

Why are you acting like there aren't some absolutely dogshit blackpilled posters in this subforum?

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

docbeard posted:

We will take that under consideration for the next thread! 🫡

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Why are you acting like there aren't some absolutely dogshit blackpilled posters in this subforum?

Change begins with you

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

Because if it's the former, yeah, make your own.

not gonna make a trump thread but ive been thinking of a megathread for age gap discourse and opinions about other people having kids. hope i have your blessing as a mod

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

not gonna make a trump thread but ive been thinking of a megathread for age gap discourse and opinions about other people having kids. hope i have your blessing as a mod

You don't need my blessing, but sure, I think that's a really interesting idea.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

You don't need my blessing, but sure, I think that's a really interesting idea.

🙏

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Majorian posted:

Eat poo poo.

dont post here

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao what happened here

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
Majorian you moron

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

free AIT

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Majorian posted:

bad threads that get several thousand posts a day foster derangement, lovely posters who post elsewhere, and lovely mods who for some reason get picked from those bad threads and who then go on to post erotic cartoons of Alvin and the Chipmunks in probe texts.

for the musk thread specifically, it’s just a hate thread at this point. the users are generally hostile to political analysis or content or jokes that are not some variation of “I HOPE ELONG MUSK loving DIES.” which all sounds fine for a gbs thread I believe. I think its posters would genuinely be happier there.

also if I can appeal to your self interest as a cspam mod: it being in gbs rather than here makes it not your problem when that thread produces the next Alex eiffel or series of death threats directed at someone who said something wrong on Twitter

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

overpriced

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

the musk thread absolutely is a hate thread and lmaoing at musk imploding is the primary reason everyone reads it and posts in it

if you want to do more detailed political analysis of muskism or whatever, you'll either have to put up with the braying masses or start another thread

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

Majorian you moron

probably should not be a mod. a truly pathetic display

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

he's right

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

just post your eloquent musk discourse in the musk thread. nobody who isn't an idiot will be bothered by this. how you deal with the people who are idiots is up to you

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Best Friends posted:

bad threads that get several thousand posts a day foster derangement, lovely posters who post elsewhere, and lovely mods who for some reason get picked from those bad threads and who then go on to post erotic cartoons of Alvin and the Chipmunks in probe texts.

for the musk thread specifically, it’s just a hate thread at this point. the users are generally hostile to political analysis or content or jokes that are not some variation of “I HOPE ELONG MUSK loving DIES.” which all sounds fine for a gbs thread I believe. I think its posters would genuinely be happier there.

also if I can appeal to your self interest as a cspam mod: it being in gbs rather than here makes it not your problem when that thread produces the next Alex eiffel or series of death threats directed at someone who said something wrong on Twitter

If someone is posting bad report them? Most people who post in the trump thread post in other places just fine. I don’t think we’ve had a mod come from that thread since Flavius melted down about chipmunks like 2 years ago.
I don’t post there much but I read the Musk thread and I think it’s pretty funny.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Nah, I don't like needlessly hostile people.

speng31b posted:

lmao what happened here

He closed his thread to keep me from posting in it, which seems kind of dumb since I can post in closed threads.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

:pwn:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

He closed his thread to keep me from posting in it, which seems kind of dumb since I can post in closed threads.

so you gassed the thread?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the trump thread is aids and yet its still better than so many threads. kinda hosed up really

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

so you gassed the thread?

Yeah, I sure did. If someone wants it back in the live forums they can PM an admin and explain why.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

can i recreate it

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Majorian posted:

Nah, I don't like needlessly hostile people.

Retaliatory probing is a bad look regardless

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

can i recreate it

Sure, go ahead. Don't close it if people you don't like start posting in it though, that's cowardly.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

why

speng31b
May 8, 2010

so AIT and majorian got into a slapfight, AIT gets a sixer, AIT closes the thread and majorian gasses it to one up him

god bless this forum

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

would it really be cspam without it?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

Retaliatory probing is a bad look regardless

If that were my only reason for probing AIT, I'd agree. But like I said, I don't like needlessly aggro people, and I'm not getting paid to take abuse from shitheads like that. So I'm going to probe people who are needlessly hostile, either to me or to anyone else. If you have a problem with that, take it up with an admin.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

looks like AIT got plenty of posts in today despite the sixer and i'm sure he'll redouble his efforts tomorrow

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i hope trump announcing he's gonna be the next speaker of the house brings back squizzle to show you how sixers are done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

no notes, cspam ftw