Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Miyoo Mini is basically the one device I've thought the most about replacing the 351 with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I'm at 3 at the moment(RG350, Miyoo Mini, 512 GB Steam Deck) as well as having a flash cart for my 2DS

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I have a Vita, 3DS, Wii U and RP2+. PSX/PSP/Vita games go on there, SNES/GBA/(3)DS games go on there, GC/WII (U) games go there and the RP2 gets whatever is left which is mostly Dreamcast and Saturn games.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

zzMisc posted:

Who doesn't want save syncing?

I only have 3 systems right now (RG353P, N3DSXL, Switch), and play different games on each, so save syncing isn't too important.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I have an old Abernic 300, a Stream Deck, a SD888 phone with Gamesir controller thingy.

I got all the emulators set up in the phone, didn't really play them because putting controller on the phone is too much trouble.

Didnct really play the stream deck either. It's so huge as soon as I got it I lost desire to play with it. I installed Peppa Pig so my kid can use it.

Oh yeah got a OG Switch too. It's a gift.

I am more and more convinced the right emu box for me has to be smaller than a PSP. So maybe a RP3+ or smaller. I am holding out for my next retro gadget purchase. I want something like a Miyoo mini but with working wireless coop.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I don't think you can play games on the Stream Deck.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Steam Deck, 3DS, DSi, and PS Vita here, though I haven't used the Vita much recently. I mostly play different games on each, so save syncing isn't an issue for me.

HiredGun
Sep 3, 2004

Obesity loves company
I’ve got a 351v and that’s it. Works well since the only game I ever play is GB Tetris with rosy retrospection hack.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

I have a miyoo mini and a steam deck. Looking at going up from the mini to a 353m so I can still have something pocketable to play on, but more playable than the mini.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I have an Odin Pro and a 353M, with an order placed for a RP3+ because I lack self-restraint.

That said, I've been using my 353M as an out-and-about handheld and the Odin is my bedstand handheld. Not entirely sure how the RP3+ is gonna fit in, but I'm sure I can figure out something for it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Bathroom handheld

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

I’ve got an Odin as my main, and a Miyoo Mini I love but don’t use much now because of the lack of save syncing. I should probably look at that again for some one-handed games now I spend a lot of time holding a baby.

I’ve also got a 351p I’m nostalgically attached to but should really get round to selling, and a V90 that was my first and is so cheap to not be worth re-selling, so lives in my car in case I ever get stuck somewhere.

Along the way I also had and sold again a 350M and a 552. I still keep up with all the new devices but the Odin ticks every box for the foreseeable future now, and can’t see anything unseating it..

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

kirbysuperstar posted:

Bathroom handheld

:hmmyes:

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I’ve got a 351p that I like a lot and take in the car wherever I go in case I need to kill time or distract one of the kids. It could have a better d pad.
I got the rg552 which has the better d pad but could use better battery life.
I have 3x new 3dsXLs that are all hacked. No issues really.
2ds hacked which the screen feels small but otherwise fine I guess.
A half dozen cheap Chinese multi game systems of various quality which almost exclusively play & bit stuff.
Analogue pocket: would be pretty much perfect if it did save states outside of gb/gba/gg games.

I still want that goofy Logitech Xbox thing and I’ll snag one when the price plummets.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I think the thread has a new Marcus. :v:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how are the gamesir phone controllers? Or any of them if anybody has one. The original razer kishi buttons feel worse than what you'd find on a standalone $40 handheld

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Commander Keene posted:

I think the thread has a new Marcus. :v:

Ha. I actually bought the rg552 from Marcus.

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator
Finally got my rp3+. Very impressed with performance so far, spent all night setting up HD and 60fps mods for psp and most games look and run like a dream. The first gamecube game I tried (naruto clash of ninja 4) even ran at 1x 60fps

Only downside is a lack of a physical back button, so I have to use the touchscreen to access emulator settings if I'm using ppsspp, or if I'm emulating a console that uses every key (although retroarch lets you work around that)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

So GKD has released their answer to the 353v:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004999697648.html

Cavauro posted:

how are the gamesir phone controllers? Or any of them if anybody has one. The original razer kishi buttons feel worse than what you'd find on a standalone $40 handheld

I've got the x2 and it's been great with every phone I've tried, the usb plug is long enough that it works even with a case on (like, a slim vinyl case, not an otterbox or anything). The sticks are decent and the buttons are nice and clicky, and as a bonus the android Nintendo switch emulator only works with gamesir controllers unless you pay for a membership, which is shady as gently caress but works out nicely for me

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 14, 2022

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
I use a 351V and a Steamdeck for retro games, but I haven't done any save syncing. What would be the easiest way to do that?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

flavor.flv posted:

I've got the x2 and it's been great with every phone I've tried, the usb plug is long enough that it works even with a case on (like, a slim vinyl case, not an otterbox or anything). The sticks are decent and the buttons are nice and clicky, and as a bonus the android Nintendo switch emulator only works with gamesir controllers unless you pay for a membership, which is shady as gently caress but works out nicely for me

This looks so nice in the hand I might need it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I have a modded 2DS XL, a modded Vita, an RG351MP, an RP3 and now an RP3+. Will probably put the RG351MP and RP3 on SA-Mart at some point

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I really want the pink one but nowhere near £125 wanting the pink one.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I have a modded 2DS XL, a modded Vita, an RG351MP, an RP3 and now an RP3+. Will probably put the RG351MP and RP3 on SA-Mart at some point

Thats the one I forgot. I bought a first-model oled vita to mod this summer and put it on my shelf where I haven't touched it since. I have too many unfinished projects.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
There’s a part of me that wants to buy a vita just because I was dirt poor when they first came out and couldn’t afford one. Intellectually I understand that is a dumb reason to buy something though!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

remigious posted:

There’s a part of me that wants to buy a vita just because I was dirt poor when they first came out and couldn’t afford one. Intellectually I understand that is a dumb reason to buy something though!

Emotionally it's the right choice though. I did the same thing and don't regret it. I have a half dozen handhelds and while the Vita isn't best in class in any category, it's still my favorite and the one I'm most likely to carry around :frog:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Vita means life.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

flavor.flv posted:

PSP Go appreciators sound off

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Nickoten posted:

I use a 351V and a Steamdeck for retro games, but I haven't done any save syncing. What would be the easiest way to do that?

The easiest would probably be to use the JelOS or Amberelec firmware and set up rclone to sync with google drive or dropbox. There are details at https://github.com/JustEnoughLinuxOS/distribution/wiki/Using-Cloud-Drives and https://amberelec.org/guides/getting-to-know-amberelec.html#cloud-backup. Setting it up initially is going to require SSH'ing into the device to set up rclone.conf, but I believe it should 'just work' once it's set up. I haven't done this myself though.

Personally, because I'm way too in the weeds with this poo poo, I use scripts with winscp and its "synchronize" command from the PC. I set up a powershell script that checks for which devices are currently connected, generates a sync file, and kicks off winscp. That's, uh, probably more than most people want to deal with.

Also I have no idea how you'd sync with the Deck, on my Windows machines I just use syncthing but I don't know if you can use that in SteamOS.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 14, 2022

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
As long as you disable the readonly filesystem and change the sudo password you can do basically whatever with the Deck. I've used rsync with it. Pretty sure you can finagle it to fire off a sync script using launch parameters in non-desktop mode.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Hell yeah I love mine

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
You don't need to sudo or make the FS read-write to use rsync on the Deck. It works out of the box. You may want to set a user password though, or put a public key in ~deck/.ssh/authorized_keys.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

kirbysuperstar posted:

I initially assumed that's what was going on in the pic

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

zzMisc posted:

The easiest would probably be to use the JelOS or Amberelec firmware and set up rclone to sync with google drive or dropbox. There are details at https://github.com/JustEnoughLinuxOS/distribution/wiki/Using-Cloud-Drives and https://amberelec.org/guides/getting-to-know-amberelec.html#cloud-backup. Setting it up initially is going to require SSH'ing into the device to set up rclone.conf, but I believe it should 'just work' once it's set up. I haven't done this myself though.

Personally, because I'm way too in the weeds with this poo poo, I use scripts with winscp and its "synchronize" command from the PC. I set up a powershell script that checks for which devices are currently connected, generates a sync file, and kicks off winscp. That's, uh, probably more than most people want to deal with.

Also I have no idea how you'd sync with the Deck, on my Windows machines I just use syncthing but I don't know if you can use that in SteamOS.

I'm guessing this is kind of an all or nothing thing? Would my Steam Deck library and 351V library have to match?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
That yellow GKD looks awesome. Reminds me of the little Pikachu giga-pet pedometer thing they used to sell.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Rinkles posted:

I initially assumed that's what was going on in the pic

Oh god, I fuckin wish. The only company doing anything close to that is GPD and they are doing it wrong

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

flavor.flv posted:

Oh god, I fuckin wish. The only company doing anything close to that is GPD and they are doing it wrong

Gah!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I am the only person who remember the Xperia PSP phone because I owned one.

Sold it to a goon in Mexico god bless him.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

stephenthinkpad posted:

Sold it to a goon in Mexico god bless him.

I think the Geneva Convention has an appendix specific for offloading really shite hardware onto unsuspecting people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I must have had more than 50 android powered things including a few 2.4 inch screen watches, that Xperia phone is hands down the worst Android related thing.