Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Whenever I check my inbox, besides the dozen people mad at me because the post office ate their book (whose problems I wish to quickly resolve) there are always one or two of these:

mods don't even have that power, I couldn't even do that if I was still a mod and I wanted to

please limit your messages to book-related questions only

twoday has issued a correction as of 07:15 on Nov 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

Heavy_D posted:

Mine made it, just finished it yesterday. The Vision of the Chud stayed with me strongest...nice work twoday.

it was a combination of

Saint John Devouring the Book, from The Apocalypse https://g.co/kgs/TkPV9y

and also the guy mentioned in the surrounding pages who shall not be named

thank you

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

twoday posted:

I mean, look at this, what am I supposed to do about this

there are probably like six different federal agencies intercepting and perusing these on the way to their destinations

hell yeah. Both America's and my government want a crack at it so no wonder its taking a month. If the domestic post does their bit I should have it by the end of the week. Fingers crossed anyway.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Yeah idk, enough time has passed that I will get the distributor to send out the domestic America ones again

Some people at the far end of the world have received theirs, others not, I will wait on that

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

twoday posted:

it was a combination of

Saint John Devouring the Book, from The Apocalypse https://g.co/kgs/TkPV9y

and also the guy mentioned in the surrounding pages who shall not be named

thank you

every time the book reveals more layers, awesome

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Twoday on the arrival of BOOK

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

still no book in canada :mad:

where book

want book

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Book is good but two-day won't overturn my probe 4/10.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

is there an e-reader app that doesn't demand authority to delete your files at will?

i had one i paid for but that and all the other ones now require deletion rights to function

i don't want to have another run in with BS digital rights purging documents that don't belong to it

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

PM'd, with my luck that means I'll receive it tomorrow, prayers up

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

I don't have pms. I messaged you on kickstarter twoday!

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

Armadillo Tank posted:

is there an e-reader app that doesn't demand authority to delete your files at will?

i had one i paid for but that and all the other ones now require deletion rights to function

i don't want to have another run in with BS digital rights purging documents that don't belong to it
Jailbreak a 3DS XL (it's almost trivially easy) and put an e-reader on it IMO

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Oh twooodaaaayyyyy

Better get ready for volume 2. :kheldragar:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Oh god it finally happened.

It's glorious. :allears:

Also when I opened the shipping box it smelled really strongly of smoked ham for a bit. Weird.

Going to get so fuckin high after work and read it properly. :okpos:

Carth Dookie has issued a correction as of 03:44 on Nov 21, 2022

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Crack

Ping!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Checking the mail far more than I normally do, nearly once a week now

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
I feel genuinely bad for my cspam posting pals who have not yet received BOOK

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

ye who hath not seen the glory of Book… couldn’t be me

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Well it hath be me

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
I had my Book sitting on an end table and had some folks over for the holiday. this woman recognized the cover image and started leafing through it. I just said it was “some guy on the internet” and she said she loved it & her husband just had to see it.

he works in publishing, specifically political stuff. lots of politicians and general political sphere grifters any cspam poster would know. he gave it a pretty thorough look over for several minutes while everyone else was watching football, silently put it down on the table, and then did not in any way acknowledge what he had just looked it or even that he had looked at anything at all.

if he comes back in a week with the whole “book is consuming my thoughts, I need to have the book, in all my dreams the book is carried to me by an army
of ants” thing I’ll post back here

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Squinky v2.0 posted:

he works in publishing, specifically political stuff. lots of politicians and general political sphere grifters any cspam poster would know. he gave it a pretty thorough look over for several minutes while everyone else was watching football, silently put it down on the table, and then did not in any way acknowledge what he had just looked it or even that he had looked at anything at all.

lol

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Does he know the location of the cave?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Squinky v2.0 posted:

a penny for those thoughts. :allears:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

Does he know the location of the cave?

Yeah, It's in this one mountain.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Waiting my cave in anticipation

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I had a girl over and she picked up the book from my coffee table and started paging through it, I did my best at explaining it's origin/purpose without coming across as too goony. We ended up having sex later that night.

The Book of C-SPAM is an aphrodisiac, you heard it here first.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
Trying to figure out how you could have possibly explained it without seeming goony

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sherbert Hoover posted:

Trying to figure out how you could have possibly explained it without seeming goony

I think I said something about it being the pure id expression of an internet forum during the Trump era, as well as it being a way for a guy to practice old-style calligraphy (I even mentioned how it had little drawings in the margins like the way monks used to do Bibles), she was surprisingly on board with that explanation and found the book intriguing.

So yeah, keep the book out on date night, let its power aid you.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
twoday has created an accursédly horny tome

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
trump bk is good for u kno wat

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
thank goodness for the book

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

But where book???

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Har du boken???

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Thinking about it

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

That reminds me, what are we looking at, book wise

helta