Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
Started a new playthrough with the "Less Easy Library of Ruina" mod - > https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2825581611

rats started with two getting +2 str/end and pete getting 3 prot every turn. No your rat pages dont get that. So far I have lost to most fights at least once though aside from rats most have been mostly reasonable.

its novel to have the feeling of being a new player and getting my rear end kicked by everything after 300 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I wanted to bring up something I saw that nobody's mentioned yet.

We’ve seen the names of (or at least the Japanese names of), and images related to, Limbus’s three first chapters.

Chapter 1 is named “Nightmare”, and features a Smoke War battlefield. It takes place in D Corp’s Nest/District 4′s Backstreets.

Chapter 2 is named “Sin” or “Crime” depending on how you translate it, and it features that icy citadel/cathedral we saw in the initial trailer. It’s in J Corp’s Nest/District 10′s Backstreets.

Chapter 3 is named “Incubation” and features a pink mountain. It’s in K Corp’s Nest/District 11′s Backstreets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwvHLM9jPjU

It's around 15:35 in this video, just citing my sources.

It's been all but stated that Gregor is going to be the focus of the first chapter of Limbus, given all of the hints dropped. "Nightmare" connects to the 'unsettling dreams' mentioned in The Metamorphosis's first line, we've seen that Gregor has Smoke War connections, etc.

Chapter 2 is also pretty easy to connect to someone: "Crime", snow, J Corp is the Nest of gambling, all of it points to it being Rodion's chapter.

Chapter 3 is a bit harder to connect, but something pushes me to a theory. Gregor and Rodion were the first and second Sinners to have the full art revealed-the one with the red and gold borders and the words written on their weapons upside down on the bottom.

Sinclair was the third. From that, we note that Sinclair's personal symbol is an egg and his weapon's word is "Vogel"-'bird' in Swiss. Not hard to make a leap to the word "Incubation", is it?

So, if we follow the theory that the order the full Sinner art was dropped is the chapter order, the Sinners will have their Project Moon mandated emotional breakdowns that result in them becoming better people in the end in this order:

1. Gregor
2. Rodion
3. Sinclair
4. Yi Sang
5. Ishmael
6. Heathcliff
7. Don Quixote
8. Hong Lu
9. Ryoshu
10. Meursault
11. Outis
12. Faust
13. Dante

Of course, this is all just conjecture and theory, I could be completely off the mark.

----------------------------

And a much smaller note. I was reflecting on how Scorched Girl might connect to Yi Sang, Rodion and Ryoshu in terms of symbolism/theming and I do have 3 minor notes, one each.

1. Yi Sang's is the most oblique-I read a little about The Wings and there was a note that the narrator burns toilet paper with a magnifying glass. VERY tenuous connection.

2. Rodion's is more of a connection with the source-The Little Match Girl does take place on a very cold night, and we've already established that Rodion has a lot of snow and ice in her theming.

3. Ryoshu's is probably the most blunt-in Hell Screen, Yoshihide (Ryoshu's equivalent-Ryoshu's an alternative reading of the Japanese characters that make up the name Yoshihide)'s daughter is burned alive in a carriage so he can complete his painted screen of the Buddhist hells.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

What are some recommended visual mods for Ruina? I haven't beaten the base game, so I don't want to mess with receptions yet, but I wanna get my nuggets looking fine and fancy for their receptions.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

What are some recommended visual mods for Ruina? I haven't beaten the base game, so I don't want to mess with receptions yet, but I wanna get my nuggets looking fine and fancy for their receptions.

do you mean skins or do you mean visual stuff, since there are mods that mess with visuals (like More Cool Red Mist). I'm going to assume you mean skins.

キラキラな司書補のページ -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2320068348
Book of Silent Orchestra -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2157446937
The Bloop -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2298949347
Red Thread Proselyte -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2290566683
嫁入りしたい黒しっぽのページ -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2136432335
Amber Ordeal -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2227101185
Moon Light EGO -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2217105762
Alriune/Pygmalion EGO -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2431202932
Sorrowful Dragon -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2405176994
Victoria -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2699190329
Rewrite Gravity:The Judge Tron -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2771223838
Book of a Solo Office Operator -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2366593071
Page of Ember -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2830593859
Page of Eclosion -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2798817617

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
Hey question is it ever mentioned that the Middle the Black Silence/Roland took out was only their Southern section instead of the whole thing? Cause a friend of mine is claiming it was stated it was only the South but he's citing it was brought up in the Thumb reception but I can't find any reference to the Middle for the Thumb receptions. Did I miss something or is my friend wrong?

CountDuckoo
Jul 27, 2022

NotteBoy97 posted:

Hey question is it ever mentioned that the Middle the Black Silence/Roland took out was only their Southern section instead of the whole thing? Cause a friend of mine is claiming it was stated it was only the South but he's citing it was brought up in the Thumb reception but I can't find any reference to the Middle for the Thumb receptions. Did I miss something or is my friend wrong?

I spent a good while looking for this, and I found it in the Olivier reception. "I almost had to question myself for a moment when I heard that you crushed a good half of the Middle in the south." So not only was it just the south section, he didn't completely destroy it, only half of it. It could also be that he crushed half of the Middle overall, the part that was located in the south, but ether way he didn't completely destroy the Middle.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Which would only make sense. Roland is pretty badass, but he's not 'single-handedly eliminate a Finger' badass. Let's not forget Roland's not even a color, so getting away with as much as he did in the first place is pretty remarkable.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I wanna know what the Middle and Pinky's deal is-we get a few brief mentions here and there, but nothing really super concrete. Roland mentions that, quote, "All they had to show was a pathetic display of brotherhood crap" (Gebura Realization, the bit where he's hurting Rumanos Cartel), we know Tanya was once with them, and Ryoshu's art tells us they have a purple and gold, chains and skulls aesthetic, but not much more, and the Pinky we only have the bandaged and glass-punctured aesthetic from Ryoshu.

It'll probably get explained at some point, but still, I'm an impatient bastard through and through.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Theantero posted:

Which would only make sense. Roland is pretty badass, but he's not 'single-handedly eliminate a Finger' badass. Let's not forget Roland's not even a color, so getting away with as much as he did in the first place is pretty remarkable.

he may not officially be a color, but he's good enough to be mistaken for one, and use the weapons of one, to the point of using its keypage as an exclusive, and having a reception where he is referred to as such. And while it may be a side effect of the library, his endurance is genuinely kind of stupid.

He doesn't have the sheer room-clearing speed of gebura (everyone laugh at no-mass-attack roland) but I think, given enough time and a reason to do so, he probably could solo an entire finger.

SoggyWrist
Nov 11, 2021

In preparation for finally going through Library of Ruina, I'm doing a replaythrough of Lobotomy Corporation to recap on things and holy hell I forgot how stressful things can get. Hod's suppression is absolutely whooping me but at least it has some great music. :shepface:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

CountDuckoo posted:

I spent a good while looking for this, and I found it in the Olivier reception. "I almost had to question myself for a moment when I heard that you crushed a good half of the Middle in the south." So not only was it just the south section, he didn't completely destroy it, only half of it. It could also be that he crushed half of the Middle overall, the part that was located in the south, but ether way he didn't completely destroy the Middle.

i'm positive there's mention of the Middle in one of the two thumb receptions too, though. I think the implication is that whether or not there were survivors, they've been greatly diminished from their previous status of "1/5th of all organized crime in the city"

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

DuoRogue posted:

he may not officially be a color, but he's good enough to be mistaken for one, and use the weapons of one, to the point of using its keypage as an exclusive, and having a reception where he is referred to as such. And while it may be a side effect of the library, his endurance is genuinely kind of stupid.

He doesn't have the sheer room-clearing speed of gebura (everyone laugh at no-mass-attack roland) but I think, given enough time and a reason to do so, he probably could solo an entire finger.

He was married to a colour and could effectively wield her gear (and honestly they seem to have generally been partners on missions enough that they could well both "be the colour" so to speak).

I would say that whilst he was on his revenge trip he was indeed, the Black Silence, just as good as the original (or at least close enough that nobody noticed the difference).

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I have complicated feelings about the whole Black Silence change-up. Like, you read the pre-fight dialogues, and you read about the things the Black Silence did, and then in the pre-Realization scenes in the Middle Floor you read about Roland's rampage and stop and go, "wait, they said that the Black Silence did that," and then a lot of things come together about his strange level of knowledge and competence. By the time he gets the Gloves, there's very little doubt left: Roland is the Black Silence.

...except, no, the Artbook says otherwise. It was Angelica!

Like, okay, fair enough, the writing in the game never actually contradicts it, and the truth doesn't undermine the dramatic irony. The important thing is still that Roland is actually incredibly strong and that he's the kind of person who'd go on that rampage, and that he's there on purpose. But that's exactly why it's dumb for me: it doesn't change anything, because it's unimportant enough that it never needs to be revealed. I can't think of any way it plays into any of the story's themes, especially since there's no sign that Roland was ever insecure or bothered by his wife being a Color and him disappearing into her reputation. If Roland actually was the original Black Silence, there would be no effect on anything in the story. The truth is just... there. (And that aspect of it doesn't seem thematic either!)

It feels like the result of someone trying to be clever for the sake of being clever, is where I ultimately end up at. Which makes it lame.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Roland and Angelica together were the Black Silence. Roland's obsession with anonymity prevented his contribution from being acknowledged, and you can see in Keter Realisation that their true fighting style involves a lot of teamwork. Without her he is literally half a person - not only has he lost his better half so to speak but he's only half a Colour without her.

That's how it plays into the game's themes. It's meant to drive home just how much of himself Roland has invested into his wife, and how much of himself had died with her.

Oh, and there's all the cross-dressing he does when he wears EGO. That too.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

GilliamYaeger posted:

Roland and Angelica together were the Black Silence. Roland's obsession with anonymity prevented his contribution from being acknowledged, and you can see in Keter Realisation that their true fighting style involves a lot of teamwork. Without her he is literally half a person - not only has he lost his better half so to speak but he's only half a Colour without her.

That's how it plays into the game's themes. It's meant to drive home just how much of himself Roland has invested into his wife, and how much of himself had died with her.

Oh, and there's all the cross-dressing he does when he wears EGO. That too.

It's also to make Roland more of a mirror to Ayin/A, who loved Carmen so much he tried to replicate her when she died. Just externally with Angela instead of internally with Roland taking up the full Black Silence mantle.

To me it reads like Angelica was the one who used the gloves and Roland was, as he claims, primarily an information Fixer. It's just he was a rank 1 Information Fixer who worked directly with the person who fought as the Black Silence and likely was providing her with information and such.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
At one point I interpreted one of the little scenes with Roland depressed in his bed as foreshadowing for a deal with Pluto. In retrospect the person making a mysterious offer was probably the Purple Tear. But the Pluto interpretation would suggest that Roland only became a Color thanks to one of those cursed deals. Which may or may not track with how much the Blue Ensemble knows about the Library.

Actually there is probably an even easier explanation. Roland is a Char. Apparently the only way to quote it is to watch the last or second to last episode so here is my best misquote, "If the only way to get my revenge is to be a Color... Then I must BE a Color!"

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Lord_Magmar posted:

It's also to make Roland more of a mirror to Ayin/A, who loved Carmen so much he tried to replicate her when she died. Just externally with Angela instead of internally with Roland taking up the full Black Silence mantle.

To me it reads like Angelica was the one who used the gloves and Roland was, as he claims, primarily an information Fixer. It's just he was a rank 1 Information Fixer who worked directly with the person who fought as the Black Silence and likely was providing her with information and such.

isnt that confirmed? even if he can use the gloves, Durandal was the only weapon he actually used when they worked together.

habituallyred posted:

At one point I interpreted one of the little scenes with Roland depressed in his bed as foreshadowing for a deal with Pluto. In retrospect the person making a mysterious offer was probably the Purple Tear. But the Pluto interpretation would suggest that Roland only became a Color thanks to one of those cursed deals. Which may or may not track with how much the Blue Ensemble knows about the Library.

Actually there is probably an even easier explanation. Roland is a Char. Apparently the only way to quote it is to watch the last or second to last episode so here is my best misquote, "If the only way to get my revenge is to be a Color... Then I must BE a Color!"

isnt the shot of him lying depressed in bed because it happened right after angelica died? im pretty sure the pluto appearance in his cutscenes is both as the one who roland screwed over via contract, and the one who prevented roland from going to nest.

and, to be clear - since i barely know about this kind of topic - char is gundam?

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

DuoRogue posted:

isnt that confirmed? even if he can use the gloves, Durandal was the only weapon he actually used when they worked together.

isnt the shot of him lying depressed in bed because it happened right after angelica died? im pretty sure the pluto appearance in his cutscenes is both as the one who roland screwed over via contract, and the one who prevented roland from going to nest.

and, to be clear - since i barely know about this kind of topic - char is gundam?

Yes, Mobile Suit Gundam. The original. Since the relevant memes are apparently too old for the internet these days I will explain. Char Aznable is famous as the antagonist for Mobile Suit Gundam. So successful that basically every successor to that show also has a mysterious masked character with their own agenda. The "X is a Char" meme stems from the sequel to Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta Gundam. Char Aznable goes two disguises deep with a pair of sunglasses and the name "Quattro Bajeena." A little bit of dodgy english with the reveal/confirmation and meme history is made.

Next I'll try to draw as short a line as possible between Roland and Char. The line isn't as comically long as it sometimes is, but is a bit of a stretch.

Char Aznable is just an alias, as the character joined the Zeon armed forces to get get revenge on the royal family on behalf of his father. This involves being one of their top pilots, wearing a literal and metaphorical mask to delay being recognized, and becoming really good friends with one of the junior members of the family. This gives Char a perfect opportunity to make sure that family member dies, and a good excuse to meet with more heavily guarded members of the family. Char eventually takes advantage of the royal family's infighting and the general chaos of the final battle to shoot the final member of the Royal Family.

Roland isn't really an alias, but he certainly downplays who he was. Roland cooperates during receptions, both to get close to Angela and arguably to silence visitors that could talk about who he was. This is a bit of a stretch, I'm talking about the characters on the cards from the intro. Also Roland's integration into the Library is hampered by Keter's slow development, though he does do a much better job of being his target's friend. Roland is eventually revealed to have been literally and metaphorically wearing a mask. Roland has the option of taking advantage of the general chaos of the final battle to get revenge on the person most responsible for Angelica's death: Angela.

The misquoted line is a consequence of Mobile Suit Gundam running out of funding and having to cut a few episodes out of the planned run. I consider the original line perfectly in line with the character and their situation, but also hilarious. Imagine if a certain sound effect was associated with being a Color. And that line ending with that sound effect.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Its been a while since i posted about the Less Easy Ruina mod, and the reason for that is that I stalled in the earlygame and didnt care enough to fix it so I just shoved my full game save back in from the backup instead.

remixed geb realization is actually quite cool for the most part. The red fight is completely remixed; the wolf gains a 4-turn HP gate, and during the first four turns, summons abnormalities from other floors to harass you. Additionally, killing the wolf gives red power null and 50 fragile for a turn, negating the single most frustrating aspect of vanilla geb.
the wolf fight doesn't have an hp gate, but it does summon abnormalities one by one - with the catch that these actively buff the wolf so long as theyre alive.
MoC seemed pretty normal, geb completely rolled it with the power of cigarettes.
Nosferatu is mostly normal except they summon distorted elena during the second phase.

Nothing There got a pretty sizable buff. Baral is there, though they don't activate until scene 2, has 160 hp and doesnt need to be killed. Mimicry also makes all your pages cost +1 light during this phase.
upon killing it goes into normal egg phase.
going into third phase though, it gets all 3 NT pages (so hello, goodbye, and shell), and is otherwise fine. but after this, the mod developer decided to get funny.

Garion shows up.

with 2800 hp, 300 stagger, three phases, immunity to finishing touch. Takes 2x physical damage, but after losing a clash inflicts power null on both pages. And if you're thinking to just throw geb at one-sided attacks she starts each scene with thirty two 4-7 counter-block. and recovers 80 hp but thats actually like not an issue.

second phase starts with shockwave - not degraded - and has a bunch of resistance shenanigans. Increasing or decreasing garion's resistances (starts at ineffective/immune), decreasing your resistances, or amplifying or weakening the pages played in the next scene.

phase 3 is the complete bs phase. First off, she's immune to stagger turn 1, and starting turn 2, if you take more than 30 seconds to select pages, it bumps the cost of every page not currently in a speed die by 1. Then, she has the passive "Pillars of Tyranny", which is: "every 5 scenes, use special pages which will add extremely powerful pages to hand on hit." These special pages are things like, "nullify target's slash die, deal half stagger" on a 13-18/7-10/6-8 (still has power null on clash lose btw). And the extremely powerful page? "nullify target's pierce die, deal half damage" on a 11-16/15-20/13-18 with a 32-32 evade at the end.

phase 4 is a "use the funny ego page we give you" cutscene phase. oh and btw nothing there is still there just immobile and offscreen so you better have been damaging it

I can't speak for the effective difficulty given my extremely high power modded geb team running things like smoky blue mist, macrosis bremen, yae from the mod that gives them a map icon, macrosis tanya, and mirinae, along with some nuts resource cards like hardshield workshop, reassemble again, and rest, but everything looked cool up until garion which was kind of a shitshow.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

SoggyWrist posted:

In preparation for finally going through Library of Ruina, I'm doing a replaythrough of Lobotomy Corporation to recap on things and holy hell I forgot how stressful things can get. Hod's suppression is absolutely whooping me but at least it has some great music. :shepface:

Just do what I did, rewind to Day 1 and build a Facility full of great training abnos and otherwise utterly harmless picks. Hod can't force you to deal with ALEPHs whilst off your tits on Vent Surprise if you don't have any.
Or use You Must Be Happy.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Looking over the cards that are SOTC tier and have Block dice on them, I'm running under the assumption that Blockma uses Iron Wall, Bi An, and Serpentine Barrier a lot.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Junpei posted:

Looking over the cards that are SOTC tier and have Block dice on them, I'm running under the assumption that Blockma uses Iron Wall, Bi An, and Serpentine Barrier a lot.

Sturdy Defence also works.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

My Blockma combo is 3xBi An and 3xOminous Power. Practically speaking, it's infinite light and cards - you start every turn with 0 light but since your Bi An uses last turn (each one drawing 2 cards each plus your start of turn draw for a total of 7 cards drawn) redrew all three Ominous Powers that doesn't matter. The only issue is the hand limit of 8 stopping you from redrawing all six cards of the combo every single turn, but that's easily remedied by including a single-use card like Field Mods in the deck. The last part of this combo is, obviously, the Purple Tear, which means, as I said in the thread, you need to beat three of the four SotC finales to get this combo going at full strength.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

GilliamYaeger posted:

My Blockma combo is 3xBi An and 3xOminous Power. Practically speaking, it's infinite light and cards - you start every turn with 0 light but since your Bi An uses last turn (each one drawing 2 cards each plus your start of turn draw for a total of 7 cards drawn) redrew all three Ominous Powers that doesn't matter. The only issue is the hand limit of 8 stopping you from redrawing all six cards of the combo every single turn, but that's easily remedied by including a single-use card like Field Mods in the deck. The last part of this combo is, obviously, the Purple Tear, which means, as I said in the thread, you need to beat three of the four SotC finales to get this combo going at full strength.

as someone who has used suboptimal blockma decks because i dismissed ominous power out of hand:

you want to have an optimal blockma deck. suboptimal blockma is genuinely one of the least fun experiences ive ever had in this game

ED: did some turbulence office. Generally pretty fun, decent challenge given how powerful my library is. It was actually pretty easy up until the rat king went untargetable and got 86 strength and 100 vigor and murdered most of my netzach floor - but at least it doesnt fall into the trap a lot of hard mods do with only giving you one floor. Granted, two I think is still too small, but its better than 1.
softlocked on act 4 though so I had to just press del, i dont quite care enough to redo that entire fight.

ED2: did Less Easy Ruina Red mist fight. complete shitshow. It took two full hours with an impuritas level binner team. She has FIVE PHASES, each with 700 HP, new attacks, and a permanent passive that reduces damage taken if she takes too much damage.
Her first phase is very similar to vanilla except she gets 1 more light and card each scene, and she limits your strength and endurance to 6 per librarian, and purges untargetable, and turns "finishing touch" into "eye of death/enervation" for some reason.
second phase starts Gebura Supression. She has 12-15s that reroll when clashed vs block, tons of bind inflictions, 9-9 counter evades that destroy all dice on your page and power null you if you lose, and an extra +2 to everything on top of her EGO power bonus. Also she has the red eyes EGO page.
Third Phase she gets all 3 NT Abno pages, is immune to deflect damage, heals half the damage dealt when she does hit you, and gains buffs if she fails the EGO damage check, and if YOU collectively fail it. Shoutouts to her mass-individual that doesnt deal damage, but starts with an 18-24 that drains 2 light on hit. or the 5-7 thats mislabeled and instantly staggers targets as the third die. and a 29-35 that destroys all of your dice for the rest of the scene if it hits.
Fourth phase. her HP bar doesnt matter here. Three abnos spawn in. I think theyre supposed to murder each other but I had a Big Eyes user and they kept getting attacked. Don't know if that was on purpose or not and like hell im redoing the fight to check. all non-gold non-counter dice roll twice, and after being staggered once she becomes immune to debuffs for the rest of the phase, and after each stagger she spams a page that has a random order of 11-16/6-11/5-12 dice that inflict debuffs on clash win. Oh, and she has 4-10 that if rolled twice deletes all your dice, and a 5-5 that deals 35% of your max HP on hit that says "always wins clashes" but the one time she used it I won in a clash against it so who knows. Oh and while she's doing her Giant Die Rush she power nulls both people if she loses a clash. She also has a 13-20 that inflicts 20 feeble this scene and 20 disarm next scene on hit, followed by a 3-5 that deals 15 stagger, and if it staggers you it gets reused once per scene. ALSO ALSO the funeral is one of the spawned abnos and its mass attack does still target librarians so have fun randomly losing half your health to 10 1-3 dice that have the solemn lament gimmick.
THEN, in her FIFTH phase, she starts off with a 20-24 mass individual that gives her 20 stagger prot this scene and 20 haste and strength next scene on hit, then a bunch of smaller individual dice. Then, she targets all 8 speed dice at someone with a 999-999 rapid melee page that instantly kills on hit. Then, she is immobilized for two scenes. It SAYS "the librarians win" if you stagger her during this phase.

thats false advertising. what actually happens is you get to watch a 7-scene cutscene where garion and two claws spawn in, kali murders the claws, but garion gets Plot Armor (no literally she becomes immune to damage) and assembles birdxodia (???) and then they go down to 1 hp and both die.

the only good thing it does is give you like 50 red mist books after the fight. I imagine the mod author thought "wouldnt this be cool" and completely neglected to do any playtesting because it is completely unfun to play. I don't even understand why its there. We're receiving kali, why are we doing gebura supression?? if we're doing gebura supression why did it end with kali vs garion ??

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 27, 2022

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I was thinking back on when we had less info on Limbus Company and all that we knew is that it was a dungeon crawler and shaking my head at my earlier internal image which was one of those old-school grid-based first-person styles, like Wizardry or Etrian Odyssey. From what we've seen, Limbus Company is a dungeon crawler, but I should have known that Project Moon never does anything in the most obvious way!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I think the dungeon crawler is still coming, actually, it's a separate project. Or was anyways, who knows how things are shaking out at Proj.Moon HQ these days.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Yeah, they might have Limbus Company do one story and have another game to cover the Distortion Detective story, which is centered around a much smaller cast. Maybe a party based RPG!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Anyway, we're only 2 months out from the new Limbus Company date of late Feb! Stay strong, team.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Got Library of Ruina for Christmas, I completely didn't realize Lobotomy Corp had a sequel!

...I'm either dumb or it's really hard to figure out how to actually use cards, I skipped my turn twice.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Project Moon is famously bad at tutorials, so it taking a bit before you grok how the game's basic mechanics actually work is entirely normal.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
And if you ever need help, there are very wordy people in this very thread who are more than happy to help!

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Shastahanshah posted:

Got Library of Ruina for Christmas, I completely didn't realize Lobotomy Corp had a sequel!

...I'm either dumb or it's really hard to figure out how to actually use cards, I skipped my turn twice.

I literally know how to use cards and skipped my turn multiple times, i would press space to roll my speed, then get distracted and roll it again without noticing that i had done it already.

TeeQueue posted:

And if you ever need help, there are very wordy people in this very thread who are more than happy to help!

hi yes im one of those people

unrelated to both of these things, i thought a "no good combat pages" (well, less, i still want to game to be kind of fun) challenge run could be interesting, and am looking for input on what people think should be banned. I'd post the list i have so far in a spoiler but its a pretty long list, so atm i'm making a google sheet with the pages organized by tier on it

ED2: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eUCYdpc43emzcZfpaBYQxY-q_4iYELZfd661nP7dHA8/edit?usp=sharing <-- heres the google sheet, pictures to be added later

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 2, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Touhou has had exclusive conventions just for Touhou content since forever. Reitaisai started in 2004. That's not a 'noticeably tiny fan base'.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
A more accurate comparison would be Type Moon fans in the early 2000s. Both obscure Asian dark modern fantasy with a fuckton of lore and pretty big powerlevels that people tend to obsess over.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
okay so,

It is blindingly obvious to the audience that Roland's wife and Argalia's sister are the same person.

It is important to the story that Angela not be able to make that particular connection until much later on, around when Argalia reveals that he was there to do a revenge all along right at the start of Unexpected Troubles.

That line being there sure would mess with that, since Angela is not dumb enough to overlook it! I assume this is why they tossed it. And I had to go out of my way to have Roland duck his head down because he does not want to give that loudmouth room to step all over what he's trying to do here.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

okay so,

It is blindingly obvious to the audience that Roland's wife and Argalia's sister are the same person.

It is important to the story that Angela not be able to make that particular connection until much later on, around when Argalia reveals that he was there to do a revenge all along right at the start of Unexpected Troubles.

That line being there sure would mess with that, since Angela is not dumb enough to overlook it! I assume this is why they tossed it. And I had to go out of my way to have Roland duck his head down because he does not want to give that loudmouth room to step all over what he's trying to do here.
Ooooooooooh. That's a very good point. I'd completely missed that Angela would have gotten spoiled by it. Yeah it's probably a good thing they cut it.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

GilliamYaeger posted:

Ooooooooooh. That's a very good point. I'd completely missed that Angela would have gotten spoiled by it. Yeah it's probably a good thing they cut it.

Yeah, you can see why I couldn't put that in the thread. Us knowing isn't a spoiler at this point just because of how narrative causality works out.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
I'm curious about how TQ going to work with Roland vs Argalia combat dialogue since Roland absolutely refuses to talk to his opponent after the opening banter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Your Everyday NEET posted:

I'm curious about how TQ going to work with Roland vs Argalia combat dialogue since Roland absolutely refuses to talk to his opponent after the opening banter

he talks enough for two people as is.