Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kazvall posted:

What do you want to do? Hit poo poo in melee? Heal people? Cast spells? A mix of some sort?

Shaman is definitely fun, and you can farm your rear end off with aoe dot. You won't be healing a crazy amount considering you'll be speccing for that sweet endurance buff, but none the less.

Well, I managed to snag a full group trying out Healer and got myself to 10. Sounds like this is the one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Way back in the day in DAoC I enjoyed augment healer for midgard, could buff myself up hard enough that I could 1vs1 most classes in pvp so long as they didn't have a dedicated buffbot themselves, their damage reflect aura was really powerful for soloing, also had a lot of nice handy features like CC, heals and a half rate runspeed aura and it's always nice to be able to res someone you find.

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...
I miss doing big ops with goons. I miss being able to collaborate on large scales and not feeling suffocated for decisions. Theres just no dynamism anymore from my experience.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Anyone planning on trying the vampire MMO that's going into early access in two weeks?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Anyone planning on trying the vampire MMO that's going into early access in two weeks?

Are you talking about this? https://store.steampowered.com/app/1718760/Shadows_Kiss_Online_Vampire_RPG/ cause it looks like poo poo lmao.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Woah, it's like Vampire: The Masquerade, but now online!

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I mean I love me some Vampire the Masquerade but I don't know how well it'd work as an mmo. I remember hearing the news that CCP's WoD mmo was canceled with a mixture of sadness and relief.

This game will probably be hot garbage. I will probably check it out anyway.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Preview of flogging attraction! https://youtu.be/d4Znihubp54

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Oh Jesus nevermind

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

I'll let someone else make the thread.....

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You should really look at their youtube channel

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I'm not even offended by the gratuitous nature because of course your industrial rave vampires are going to be way into BDSM. But why is the animation so terrible? It's like a Second Life animation where the creator didn't want to splurge for a new one so they used one of a person swinging a club at a skeleton and put a whip in the hand.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIewnQLkCxI

this has TITS

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Apparently the original people are not working on this game and some students are finishing it

go look at their website for the images of the original people

it all makes sense

https://www.shadowskiss.com

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

lol at 3:30 in the ALPHA TRAILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4vPodzbWIE

I am pretty sure I must say, none of this is safe work for, and hopefully you all understand this

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Vampire fans are the absolute last people who should be allowed to write vampire stories

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

yeah no, I take back what I originally said. HARD fuckin' pass

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
OK we definitely need a thread for this lmao

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I finally remembered I wanted to remove my physical security key from my SWTOR account because it's 10 years old and the battery's kaput. Looks like I have 11,000 Cartel Coins since I last played in 2015.

...I think this might be enough to get me to poke my nose back in. Having those coins keep piling up for inactive players is actually clever if they did it on purpose. And having the market only visible in-game so I need to install to find out what those would be good for.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

On the one hand, that's all really horrible. On the other hand, I love bad MMORPGs so much that I am still subscribed to Sierra Online's "The Realm Online" (1996).

The list of previous MMORPGs the team worked on is also funny:

Three dead MMOs (one listed twice!), and one MMO for children (????)

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Is this J. Todd Coleman's alter ego?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Mormon Star Wars posted:

This is the part where I get to tell you that Pirates of the Burning Sea is still active

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Mormon Star Wars posted:

On the one hand, that's all really horrible. On the other hand, I love bad MMORPGs so much that I am still subscribed to Sierra Online's "The Realm Online" (1996).

The list of previous MMORPGs the team worked on is also funny:

Yo, I wonder if Bradley is on the team

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

wizard 101 is more of an online TCG that has some MMO trappings really. you get instanced off every time you fight something like in a jrpg

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Man that gives me flashbacks. How is The Realm these days? I played that game for yeaaaars. Has it changed much in the past decade or so since I last played?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
finally a game where the devs would be the ones sculpting giant dicks

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Abroham Lincoln posted:

This is the part where I get to tell you that Pirates of the Burning Sea is still active

The wren, the wren, the king of all birds still lives?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

ChickenMedium posted:

The wren, the wren, the king of all birds still lives?

Holy poo poo I had forgotten about that but your post instantly put it in my head.

There was a lot I really liked about that game but I couldn't imagine going back to it now.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
new trailer for that dune mmo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n82_jeAj3WA

apparently we're all sleepers that are awakening. the books / movie had just one so this'll be interesting to see thousands of sleepers all muad'dibing around....

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
hoping i wake up from this nightmare of bad mmos

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
survival "mmo" scratches no itches that i have

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Last King posted:

apparently we're all sleepers that are awakening. the books / movie had just one so this'll be interesting to see thousands of sleepers all muad'dibing around....

"I'm the chosen one! So's my wife!"

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
grinding the Siege of Arrakeen raid so I can upgrade my blue-quality Shai Hulud to purple

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Complete 0/10 spice events this week for battle pass points

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

It's gonna take a lot for me to not want to try it.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

It's just gonna be Dune flavored Conan Exiles but that sounds a lot better than Conan Exiles

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

I love Anarchy Online and this feels a little bit like Anarchy Online and it's from the developers of Anarchy Online so I'll try it out but I really would rather just have Anarchy Online 2 tia

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Last King posted:

Remind's me of STO's ''everybody and their cat is a vice admiral''. Always found that ridiculous.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
Don’t play funcom games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Why am I not supposed to play Funcom games?