Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

ah so the same moron who thinks a light breeze nearly breaks trees is still insisting on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcIA0RwSjjc

they made Blade of the Bits good, GOTYEY

This rules. I love quality of life changes.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Not sure what causes it, alt tabbing too much or maybe leaving the game running too long, who can say, but I find restarting the game can often fix some FPS issues I have. Can be in a place like Novigrad getting lovely FPS and restarting the game increases it by a lot.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
big rip to the old crows perch fast travel point, I kind of liked the sense of scale it gave you by making you walk into the castle, but I get it

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Captain Beans posted:

big rip to the old crows perch fast travel point, I kind of liked the sense of scale it gave you by making you walk into the castle, but I get it

it's still there and the fast travel point in the castle itself only unlocks at a later point

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

ray tracing looks great on ps5 except for a huge amount of flicker at long draw distances, guess it was silly to think something that obvious would be tested by modern cdpr, its immediately noticiable in the very first vista in the tutorial at kaer morhen.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

OhFunny posted:

In GOG I see only the Game of the Year Edition got the Next Gen Update. Which I don't have installed since I've been playing on the launch day standard edition and its still on 1.32.

fake edit: I see I have to manually install the update by clicking Settings, Manage Installation -> Configure... -> Uncheck "automatically update to the newest version", and select Version 4.0.

Yeah gog was acting up for me as well, I instead did manage -> verify game files and that started the update to 4.0

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Captain Beans posted:

It’s stupid but keep hitting the three dots to go through the different versions till it lets you download it, I had to loop through it three times I think. It’s dumb but you can indeed get the ps5 version from the base game

Thanks for this, got it working. Would have never figured this out on my own lol

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Update still isn't live for the switch version, the long wait continues

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/NeonKnightYT/status/1603063104379981825

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
Found a cure for my crashing issues. It was crashing as soon as I enabled RT - the sub RT settings were all off. When you crash, reopen the game and RT will still be on. When I switched RT ambient occlusion on, I was able to load successfully. IIRC I also closed RTSS shortly before it worked. I haven’t comprehensively tested this, but hopefully it will help someone.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
Holy poo poo the Ray Tracing mode is crushing my poor 3600X. My 3080 is sitting at ~65% utilization in Novigrad with 30 FPS. Somehow this game is now more demanding than CP2077. Well, this platform was going to be a hand me down to my parents at some point anyways, might as well be now.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Enderzero posted:

Found a cure for my crashing issues. It was crashing as soon as I enabled RT - the sub RT settings were all off. When you crash, reopen the game and RT will still be on. When I switched RT ambient occlusion on, I was able to load successfully. IIRC I also closed RTSS shortly before it worked. I haven’t comprehensively tested this, but hopefully it will help someone.

Yup, thanks that let me get in game. But it crashes again when I turn on RT. Weird cause the first time I launched the game RT worked.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Rinkles posted:

Yup, thanks that let me get in game. But it crashes again when I turn on RT. Weird cause the first time I launched the game RT worked.

I crash when I try to fiddle with RT settings in game. It seems to be fine if you exit to menu, and fiddle with it there before reloading in.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

MikeC posted:

I crash when I try to fiddle with RT settings in game. It seems to be fine if you exit to menu, and fiddle with it there before reloading in.

Well my problem was that I couldn't even load a save file before disabling RT (not counting the first time).

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Rinkles posted:

Awesome! To be clear, I first set RT to on, then it crashed instantly, and when I reopened, RT was still set to on, so I didn’t have to toggle it. What worked, but may be placebo, was turning only RT occlusion to on as well.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Rinkles posted:

Well my problem was that I couldn't even load a save file before disabling RT (not counting the first time).

This was also the start of my issue btw

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I want to do a new play through(can't do new game plus at the moment), and the main mod I want is to unlock mutations. If I remember correctly, isn't there a console command or something for this so I don't have to worry about dealing with mods possibly not working?

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Okay, DirectX 11 is absolutely the way to go on Steam Deck, even against lower settings on DX12 I'm getting like an extra 10 frames per second. Out of medium-with-some-highs settings. Shadows and foliage distance hurt the most but are fine at medium, SSAO hits too. Bloom and DoF are also surprisingly heavy for a checkbox options, the rest are a frame a piece. Seems you can jack Detail Level, Texture Quality, and Terrain Quality up to Ultra without any change in performance. This'll probably fall apart in town, though.

FSR2 on the DX12 side didn't seem to do...much?

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 15, 2022

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I’m unsophisticated. I cant notice a difference when enabling ray tracing. And i’m choosing to play on my xbsx rather than my gtx3070 pc because i’d rather spend a hundred hours on my lazyboy and not my desk.

Its nice to be playing a game that has good writing and dialogue again. Witcher 3 makes other medieval style adventure games look like they were written by grade schoolers.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Decided to do a clean reinstall. My mod list was a clusterfuck and I probably screwed up some config files somewhere and failed to create proper backups.

Guess I'll need to play the whole game again. How terrible.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

It seems you can't upload cross saves from last gen? That's unfortunate.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Wonder if they finally fixed the PC version of Priscillas song which has been n broken since launch.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Rinkles posted:

It seems you can't upload cross saves from last gen? That's unfortunate.

on ps4/ps5 you can but its rear end backwards as hell

you need to download both versions of the game, first launch the ps4 one, go into save/load after loading a game and toggle on the CDPR cloud cross save option(gotta setup an account)

then launch the ps5 version and load it from their cloud

and delete the ps4 version

and I think its only enabled for the GOTY version, you might be boned if you have the base game

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I hope GhostMod gets updated, that was probably my favorite take on The Witcher 3's combat, although I admit I haven't replayed the game in four years now. Is the Combat Rebalance that got rolled into Next-Gen update comparable?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

cheesetriangles posted:

Wonder if they finally fixed the PC version of Priscillas song which has been n broken since launch.

I hope so. Those scene switch pauses seem rough.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Captain Beans posted:

on ps4/ps5 you can but its rear end backwards as hell

you need to download both versions of the game, first launch the ps4 one, go into save/load after loading a game and toggle on the CDPR cloud cross save option(gotta setup an account)

then launch the ps5 version and load it from their cloud

and delete the ps4 version

and I think its only enabled for the GOTY version, you might be boned if you have the base game

But I can’t upload saves from a PS4 to then download on pc, like I could with Cyberpunk, right?

(Also the goty/non goty split on PS4 really sucked. I bought goty after a 100 hours (but well before getting to the end of the game) only to find out I couldn’t use the expansions with my old save files. So I quit… and started a new playthrough)

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Rinkles posted:

But I can’t upload saves from a PS4 to then download on pc, like I could with Cyberpunk, right?

(Also the goty/non goty split on PS4 really sucked. I bought goty after a 100 hours (but well before getting to the end of the game) only to find out I couldn’t use the expansions with my old save files. So I quit… and started a new playthrough)

i have not tried the ps4 to pc but i believe yes, you can. it supposed to work like Cyberpunk. i googled up some reddit people talking about it that way

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Captain Beans posted:

i have not tried the ps4 to pc but i believe yes, you can. it supposed to work like Cyberpunk. i googled up some reddit people talking about it that way

you're right, thanks. it's an option in the load menu.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
I had to load up the save on the ps4 version and then save again before quitting to make the file match the update. After that I was able to pull the file up in the PS5 version.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm close to done the main quest in Velen and I'm just fully sucked into the game again. Also reminded this is the most dark and depressing AAA game ever made by an order of magnitude.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Well tried to turn on ray tracing and my game crashed. Now I can’t load my save 🤪

e: addressed upthread

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Well tried to turn on ray tracing and my game crashed. Now I can’t load my save 🤪

e: addressed upthread

Yup and once in game you should be able to turn everything back on.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is the raytracing DX12 only or does it run on DX11 as well?

I tried the photo mode but it only gave me a red screen tint.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else but if you right click on the game in your steam library and go to the 'betas' section you can still switch back to the previous version 1.32 by using the 'classic' branch

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

Is the raytracing DX12 only or does it run on DX11 as well?

I tried the photo mode but it only gave me a red screen tint.
DXR is part of DX12. You won't get ray tracing without it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

cheesetriangles posted:

DXR is part of DX12. You won't get ray tracing without it.

Ah, so if I'm running DX11 mode then it's basically just the original game with the patches rather than the full RTX suite.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Doing the new quest now and Geralt sounds pretty different like he isn't quite hitting the voice sounds kind of growly you really notice it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I mean it has been six years since Blood and Wine came out. Doug's voice isn't getting any younger. Never played Thronebreaker so I can't speak for his voice acting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Quick casting is awesome. What a great addition.