Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Tiny Timbs posted:

How do I tell Vanguard I don’t appreciate them investing my money in losers

get s&p to kick the losers out of the index

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Hold the fuckin phone, is this another 3 billion on top of the 4 billion he sold a couple weeks back? Am I imagining things here?! :psyduck:

Getting out a head of not at the end of a crash? But yeah twitter has some costs to keep running, but one they shouldn't be anywhere near that much, two he doesn't seem to actually seem to be putting money towards a lot of those costs anyway.

Possibly he has a bunch of none Twitter related things he needs money for as well?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah like I said earlier, sooner or later the Tesla shareholders are going to step in. True believers or not, their allegiance is mostly to share value, not Musk. Not sure what that will look like just yet but with Musk dumping a ridiculous amount of shares on the market for cheap, who knows?

I’m sure he has people on the board who will evangelize for him for a time, but once they feel like their jobs are at risk I bet they change their tune.

From what I read, the board members are all Musk friends and won't boot him out. The entire point of the board is to prevent people like Musk from doing this, so they're shirking their responsibilities right now. If anything, shareholders should be suing the board of directors for their losses at some point.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

I never wanted to twitter before but now I kinda do just to troll elmo until I get banned.

I mean if you have twenty minutes to spare you could probably speed run it.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Jet Jaguar posted:

Isn't posting a picture from a sporting event giving an individual's location?

I've heard of it being forbidden to broadcast a game without the express, written consent of Major League Baseball, but this is ridiculous.

This "24 hours later" poo poo means it's technically against the rules to tweet that you just met someone at an event :v:

It still makes me laugh so much when I remember that Musk clearly didn't want to go through with the buyout and only went through with it because he was about to get dragged into court and wrung dry with very little chance of winning. I bet - I hope - he gets another fresh wave of misery every time he thinks about the 44 billion he had to pony up.

And more every time he thinks of TSLA making GBS threads itself every time he embarrasses himself.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Lol, I just realized that in all likelihood Elon getting booed made him actually realize that people hate him. So he panicked and banned the flight tracker because he's feeling spooked and wants to hide from the big scary mob of meanies.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Haystack posted:

Lol, I just realized that in all likelihood Elon getting booed made him actually realize that people hate him. So he panicked and banned the flight tracker because he's feeling spooked and wants to hide from the big scary mob of meanies.

Also now people can't repost his visits to public events and share videos of people booing him as they happen :pseudo:.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Jet Jaguar posted:

Isn't posting a picture from a sporting event giving an individual's location?

I've heard of it being forbidden to broadcast a game without the express, written consent of Major League Baseball, but this is ridiculous.

He’s going to selectively enforce it to ban people he doesn’t like while letting his alt-right buddies do whatever they want. This is not rocket science.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also now people can't repost his visits to public events and share videos of people booing him as they happen :pseudo:.

He’ll do whatever he wants. These rules are not for him or anyone he likes.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
Nobody kill him ok.

We have to let him upload himself, so we can do more interesting things with his ghost.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol if muskies from other timelines where he did fight in court to not buy da thing have him losing less money and less hurt feefees.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Philthy posted:

From what I read, the board members are all Musk friends and won't boot him out. The entire point of the board is to prevent people like Musk from doing this, so they're shirking their responsibilities right now. If anything, shareholders should be suing the board of directors for their losses at some point.

Yeah, Tesla's board includes such independent people as "his brother"--they're not going to do anything.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Tiny Timbs posted:

:same:

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

The Last Call posted:

Investors worry that Musk is so infatuated with Twitter, he's not minding Tesla.

Oh, I don't think that's it.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Musk selling shares means a lot of things, but it also means no one is lending him money with TSLA as leverage. Isn’t that how billionaires avoid taxes?

Instead Musk is paying a lot of tax on these shares worth 40% what they were 9 months ago.

Edit: the $55 billion lawsuit alleges Tesla’s board isn’t acting independently and overpaid Musk. The argument phase is over and I guess it’s now in the judge’s hands. No idea how that’s decided or whether the current Tesla meltdown weighs in favor of a clawback, but it can’t possibly be helping.

Krispy Wafer fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Dec 15, 2022

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
This is devolving into insane parody territory

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1603235998263123969?s=20&t=LldmPhE-iWE6aqB4MMbzDA

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Maigius posted:

Please enjoy the original song where that line is from:
"21st Century Schizoid Man" by King Crimson. There's a line in there that feels apropos to Muskmelon: "Nothing he's got he really needs"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OvW8Z7kiws

I don't really want to go back to talk from 2 pages back, but I never heard the original until right now (samples are weird), and I actually want to say "hey thanks".

Anyway, back to the subject of Elon Musk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FTw4OAJ30Q

"I'm a little tired of the Internet"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

If I was working for whoever was the lessor for twitter's office was, I'd be camping at the SF courthouse, waiting for the exact moment I can file eviction like it was a loving Marvel premier.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

It would be great if we could all stop pretending that rich people have absolutely any idea what money is or how to actually make it or manage it or do anything with it other than blow it on very stupid personal goals.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Why can't the 2nd richest man in the world buy 10 private jets and use them to fly friends and family for free and also sometimes himself but you can never know when because all you can see is where Elon's fleet of 10 private jets are going but not who is on them.

Oh but I forget he previously tried to bribe ElonJet to stop posting with a paltry $5000 so this man is stingy as gently caress.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is he asking his Twitter followers to doxxx some rando to perpetuate his assault fantasy?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

:lol: He expected sympathy and he's just getting dragged for breaking his own rules and doxxing. Along with a whole lotta "Why didn't you go to the police then??", just to top it off :allears:.

I'm hope the alleged "stalker" sues him for defamation.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Neddy Seagoon posted:

:lol: He expected sympathy and he's just getting dragged for breaking his own rules and doxxing. Along with a whole lotta "Why didn't you go to the police then??", just to top it off :allears:.

I hope the alleged stalker, uh, you know what just give me the sixer now

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Wow, RIP that guy

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

God I hope that car is like his sister's or something and this blows up in his loving face

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Reported for sharing personal information

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Also imagine being the second-richest man in the world and whinging about a probably-fake stalker like an upset teenager desperate for attention. Pretty sure for a lot less than 44 billion you could have problems like that disappeared in a white van with nobody asking questions.

Hell he could push on "Stand your ground", have a bodyguard team gun them down on the spot, and claim he'll do anything to protect his family and still look better than this.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Those are dealer plates, so they’ll be difficult to trace at least.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

ruddiger posted:

Is he asking his Twitter followers to doxxx some rando to perpetuate his assault fantasy?

Sure seems like that's the case
Totally normal actions for the world's second richest duck

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

AARP LARPer posted:

Those are dealer plates, so they’ll be difficult to trace at least.

Musk bought a car off the lot and paid a dude to pretend to be Antifa.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Neddy Seagoon posted:

https://twitter.com/nurselhoffman1/status/1603253169110372352

the whole things staged, that's license plate looks like it's printed on paper lol

notice the heavy shadows cast on the plate cover lettering, but absolutely no sign of any shadow or reflection off the plate embossment edges (bc they dont exist)

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

E the Shaggy posted:

Musk bought a car off the lot and paid a dude to pretend to be Antifa.

I could see the video being fake. Supposed stalker is conveniently masked but doesn't hide his face, doesn't get angry or drive off, no fighting, lets someone film his license plate with no protest.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I didn't think elon would become a gangstalking victim less than 2 months in

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

FirstnameLastname posted:

the whole things staged, that's license plate looks like it's printed on paper lol

notice the heavy shadows cast on the plate cover lettering, but absolutely no sign of any shadow or reflection off the plate embossment edges (bc they dont exist)

I just learned that CA has e-ink plates that look just like this one: https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/10/digital-license-plates-approved-for-all-vehicles-in-california/

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Tiny Timbs posted:

No lie get a lawyer to draft a letter telling them the obvious financial hazard of the investment means they may be liable for civil litigation, and that they are strongly advised to reconsider the investment into things that aren't tied to the "capricious volatility swings of a single person." Not sure if they should be put "on notice" or not, but yeah, having a lawyer send your thoughts and considerations usually means it at least gets addressed.

SirPhoebos posted:

If I was working for whoever was the lessor for twitter's office was, I'd be camping at the SF courthouse, waiting for the exact moment I can file eviction like it was a loving Marvel premier.

Stick to the leasing agreement, and seize assets for collateral in lieu of payment, which is even funnier.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Teratrain posted:

This "24 hours later" poo poo means it's technically against the rules to tweet that you just met someone at an event :v:

It still makes me laugh so much when I remember that Musk clearly didn't want to go through with the buyout and only went through with it because he was about to get dragged into court and wrung dry with very little chance of winning. I bet - I hope - he gets another fresh wave of misery every time he thinks about the 44 billion he had to pony up.

And more every time he thinks of TSLA making GBS threads itself every time he embarrasses himself.

He went through with it after talking with papa Putin for like a whole day in secret.

Gee can't imagine what they talked about...

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:

FirstnameLastname posted:

in california, when you buy a car from a dealer, you get temporary paper plates like this. the number is temporary as well. these arent the eink ones which surprisingly look even faker than this.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Yeah, I think his dox post doesn't break their TOS because he knows that dude and set it up.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Trump is watching all this unfold and getting deja vu of the time he fell for Vince McMahon’s staged death in the WWE

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

DonJNavarro posted:

in california, when you buy a car from a dealer, you get temporary paper plates like this. the number is temporary as well.

Yep, the blurred part underneath the year on the right would have the expiration date on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

Krispy Wafer posted:

Musk selling shares means a lot of things, but it also means no one is lending him money with TSLA as leverage. Isn’t that how billionaires avoid taxes?

Instead Musk is paying a lot of tax on these shares worth 40% what they were 9 months ago.

Yeah he’s paying his rear end in taxes. Even more so if he’s in CA and not TX. An incredibly inefficient means to gain liquidity.

It’s gotten to the point that investors on social media are actually clowning on him since it’s clear he’s having the biggest midlife crisis in history with no sign of ending.