Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Do you have a better suggestion?

Toss them into an attic your partner will definitely never go into.

Alternate answer:

AITA for flicking my boogers

quote:

Tonight, my 9 year old daughter asked me what I did with my boogers when i was in school at her age. I wasn’t sure how to respond and had to think about it. I told her that I typically flicked them. She proceeded to tell me that she puts hers on the kid’s desk next to her in class. She told me about the teacher looking under the kids desk at one point and saying, “looks like Caleb has been picking his nose”. Obviously this is hilarious but I’m not sure who is more of the rear end in a top hat, me or my daughter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Cerekk posted:

He didn't promise her a new machine. She said that she would like one. That doesn't obligate him to buy one. He tried to do even better instead of giving the laziest gift of all time, and then she threw a tantrum like a toddler. She sucks, he's awesome, and they should ditch each other so she can get the sugar daddy that she actually wants.

OP said he agreed to get her a sewing machine. He set that expectation and then changed the plan.

It's fair to be disappointed when someone asks what you want, agrees to it, and then decides to just go with something they personally think is cooler.

deety fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Dec 15, 2022

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Eat it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Toddler Kitfox put them behind the family TV center for multiple years and it wasn't discovered until we were tearing the thing apart to dumpster it prior to moving houses. Many laughs were had before it was explained that no, it's not acceptable to do that and you blow your nose into a tissue or paper towel (or pick your nose with one wrapped around your finger), and then you throw it away into the garbage can.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

We are going to learn that their attic is full of booger shirts and old water bottles full of boogers

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
My freshman year, the suite we were assigned to has freshman boys the year prior. I guess I was given the former dorm of a man child as not only was there a terrible stink that just. wouldn’t. leave. No, there was also a 2ft by 2ft semi mosaic of dried boogers on the wall, near the bed, which couldn’t be moved.

First day of moving on campus and my mother and I had to chisel the boogers off. Between that and some of my suite mates (turns out theatre kids are absolute wild), I lived off campus the next three years.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Cricut dude has an update :

quote:

Update: Hi again. After reading all your comments, I realise that I was indeed an rear end in a top hat. But believe me when I say that 1) I wasn't trying to guilt-trip her by crying and 2) I didn't get the Cricut so she could make me things.

However, I'll admit that I thought that the Cricut was cooler and bought it partly because of that. I was wrong because ultimately it's her gift not mine.

Thanks for all the responses. Since I already knew what model and materials to get, I just placed an order for the Brother sewing machine. It can only be delivered in a week's time, so I'm going to get some of her favourite food today to make up for it. I haven't returned the Cricut because all those add-ons would be tricky to return. I'm still deciding if I should keep it or not.

Lastly, if you're wondering why I bought the Cricut: This was 2 years ago, but Sarah saw a machine similar to a Cricut in an art store and said that when she had more money, she would get it. Also, throughout the years, she has been interested in cutting wood and fabrics. But yes, I should've asked her first before splurging on this gift.

Thanks again.

Edit 2: I see a lot of people wondering how I spent $1000 on the Cricut haha - I'm not in the US!

And in the comments:

quote:

Thanks for the taking the time to comment, I agree with all your points.

Also, you read my thoughts! I don't want to sell the Cricut without consulting with Sarah first. It's her gift after all.

So maybe there’s hope.

DreamingofRoses fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Dec 15, 2022

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA For Telling My Coworker I Would Never Go Out With Her Son?

quote:

I (20F) just started working at a new job a few weeks ago. Everything has been smooth sailing with my coworkers (all fun, cool ppl) until yesterday. For a little context before I get into it, my assistant manager, Sherry (45F) has a son, Travis (19M). When I first started working and met her, the topic of relationships came up and she asked if I was single. I told her yes, I got out of long term relationship this past July and I’m thinking about jumping back into the dating pool. She told me her son was around my age and that we would probably like each other, and asked if I’d be interested. I told her to let me think about it and I’d get back to her.

That was about six weeks ago. A couple weeks ago, I decided that going on a couple first dates or outings with new people couldn’t be too bad of an idea, so I told Sherry to let Travis know I was interested if he wanted to meet for coffee or something and test the waters, but that I probably wouldn’t be free until just after the new year because I’m busy with work and personal/family stuff. She said that sounded fine. And then yesterday happened.

Sherry was talking in the back room with 2 of my other coworkers, who are also moms, about their kids. At some point they were making jokes about spoiling their kids and Sherry said Travis “doesn’t even make himself a sandwich, just goes into the kitchen and sits there and pouts because he knows mama will come do it for him.” I rarely use this term, but I absolutely felt icked out by that. I asked her is she was being serious and she laughed and said yes, he’s just a mama’s boy. As we were leaving later, I pulled her aside and told her that I wasn’t interested in going out with her son anymore. After she pressed me about why several times, I admitted that the sandwich thing turned me off and that I would never go out with a man who seemed so dependent or unwilling to do things himself. Sherry got upset and told me I’m not a mom and don’t know what I’m talking about and that surely I expect my parents to still do things for me and stormed off. I’m getting off my break here in a minute but she hasn’t spoken to me ALL DAY and I’m wondering if I’m in the wrong here. Was I the rear end in a top hat?

Edit: Thank you to everyone so far who has provided their feedback. I just got home from work a few minutes ago and have been trying to read through all the comments and answer any questions or provide any needed clarification. I completely agree with all of you that said I shouldn’t have agreed in the first place. That was absolutely my mistake and I was entirely naive about how things would play out. It seemed totally innocent and nbd to me and I’m very much used to older women in my life trying to set me up with their sons. It’s not something I’ve had to confront the past four years because I was able to say I’m taken, but now that I’m single and open to trying to meet new people again, it’s not as easy to navigate. I guess I didn’t think much of it since I haven’t dated anyone new since I was 16 and I still look at these new date situations like I’m still 16. Either way, I’m not mixing work with personal like that ever again. I’ve learned my lesson.

I love confronting the mama's boy about how useless her son is. I hate the fact that she tried to defend it as normal.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
WIBTK if I follow through w/ a promise to film a friend's home haircut on me, & put it on YouTube & social media for all the world to see, if they're just as painful as last time?

quote:

My sleazeball of a friend pressured me into letting him cut my hair. I begrudgingly let him, though my gut told me something will be wrong. He promised I'd look so attractive, I'd get plenty of compliments from women, & I wouldn't have to pay.

When he cut my hair, it was the most excruciatingly painful haircut From Hell I've ever had in my life. I screamed myself hoarse.

It looked real good in the end & I did get compliments, but My God, the pain was Not worth it!

I decided if he ever cuts my hair again, I could capitalize on the pain & torture, because he'd have to let me film him w/ my cameraphone, in order for me to let him cut my hair again. A haircut From Hell, I believe, has the potential to go viral & earn solid $ in ad revenue.

Also, my friend's hypothetical embarrassment from being known the world over as the Barber From Hell would be a valuable lesson in making him more careful & painless when cutting hair next time.

Here was our text message exchange:

ME: Next time you decide to cut my hair, I'm going to film the whole thing so that if I feel pain again, I'm going to show the world how painful of a barber you are. That should give you an incentive to be more careful and painless next time. I've never had a more painful haircut before that night.

ME: Hey (sleazeball), sorry you got sick. Hopefully you called an ambulance. How are you doing now?

SLEAZEBALL: Regarding your previous text. Let's start with this. You are a big fat Sissy. Okay, we'll start with that. Secondly. How much did you pay for that haircut? How does it look how many compliments have you had... In other words.. You're welcome!!!! Now moving on to the previous text. I'm dying. I should go now, but I'm not going to I need to go to the Prairie Star clinic tomorrow when you get up if you can just come over great me off the floor. Unless I'm dead then don't bother. And take me there.?? Now moving right along If you can, thank you, you can't that's okay, too. sweet dreams bad

ME: If you're dying call an ambulance. Cost doesn't matter at this point.

SLEAZEBALL: Now in case you were wondering you didn't get this fart. The moral to this story is Quit Picking fly poo poo out of the pepper and focus on the good not the bad. Be humble boyman

Typos all intact; I copied & pasted our messages.

Now, if ANY friend ever gives me a home haircut again & they either cause pain or mess up my hair, & I film them from start to finish, then put their shoddy haircut job on YouTube & social media for all the world to see, WIBTK?

Footnote: I'll HAPPILY pay for mediocre, painless haircuts rather than get a 2nd painful free haircut, even if said free haircut makes me look like a Hollywood A-Lister. But someone could sweet-talk me into a free haircut again, so I must plan to film them, just in case.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

DreamingofRoses posted:

Cricut dude has an update :

So maybe there’s hope.
Really, the lesson to learn here is that people with crafty hobbies don’t request specific makes/models of stuff at random. If I say I need a pack of No. 22 blades or a Prismacolor brand white pencil, I mean exactly that. :colbert:

In reality, this is why I like to talk about gifts with my partner. We don’t do many surprise gifts unless it’s something we can cite as a recently mentioned, extremely wanted thing or it’s like… a cute shirt.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AITA for telling my nephew about his bio father and the real story of how he was conceived ?

quote:

Nephew was born in 2008. He's the son of my (newly) ex-husband's sister.

My husband and I have just finalized our divorce. I'm moving away to a new country in a couple weeks, so IDGAF about the repercussions.

One thing that always bothered me with that family is the huge lie spin by my SIL around her son's father.

She claim she got pregnant from a fling with a pool boy at a Mexico resort. She has one picture of him, a shirtless picture of an early-twenties generic muscle model with light-skin and vague Latino features that she "found" a couple years ago while "cleaning out her suitcase". Since then she's been pushing pretty hard the whole "Mexican fling" thing, which coincided with the time my nephew started asking questions about his bio father.

The truth is my SIL paid a guy to conceive a child with her. The deal was that he'd be listed as the child father to get his citizenship then he'd pay her back. She was desperate for a child of her own but didn't want to wait as she was pushing forty.

She got pregnant a first time but miscarried a couple months in. She paid him a second time, this time he wanted double (20K), so she borrowed the money from my husband "to fix her roof". This time she carried to term. The bio father disappeared with the money.

She confessed everything to us in tears after realizing she was defrauded of 30K and stuck raising a child on her own. Somehow she hoped the guy would stick around and be a father to their son. Yes she's an incredibly naive woman.

Police got involved, there was an investigation but came up empty. All they had was a name (fake), address (fake) and phone number (fake).

My nephew is obviously very suspicious as he look very much like his Black bio father and nothing like the light skin male model of the picture. It's even hard to believe he has a Caucasian mother, as he takes very much from his father.

As my last contact with this family, I reached out to my nephew. I told him everything. I sent him the emails with the police as proof. He's a smart boy, he's kind and generous and funny and he deserve to know the truth about his origins. There's a picture in the files of his bio Dad, along with a couple of names he used that either us or the police linked to him.

He thanked me, said he wasn't surprised the male model wasn't his father. He wants to do a DNA test when he turns 18 to know more about his origins, maybe figure out which country or area of the world his bio father is from. Being raised a black boy in a almost exclusively white area had been very hard on him, lots of bullying and feeling like he doesn't belong. It got even worse when his Mom started pushing the whole "Mexican boy" on everyone.

Since then my ex-SIL and ex-husband keep blowing my phone, leaving very angry voicemails about how I had no right to meddle in the family secrets.

Edit : see comment history for more context and details. Didn't know I could edit the post after it went live, I thought I had to respect the 3K limit. For now I'm going to bed, it's running late here.

Summary of details provided : the kid asked me many time over the years about his bio father. We have a very close relationship and I'm one of, if not the adult he trust most. It was a huge point of contention between him and his mother and led to many fights between them. The "IDGAF" repercussion thing was poorly worded and referred the repercussion I may face as an individual (i.e IDGAF my ex inlaws now hate me), not how the thing would play out for my nephew. I'm not worried about him, the adult are angry at me but not at him and I know for a fact they wont take it out on him. I did it without ill-intent, kind of ripping out the plaster as I go. The kid is fine, he's relieved to finally know the truth. I'm confident my ex-husband will be the one to turn around the quickest as he always wanted to tell him the truth too in face of his sister egregious lies (but was too afraid of repercussions, like I was, i.e getting estranged from his sister and mother thus losing access to our nephew).

quote:

1) She wanted a baby. She was obsessed with having a little baby of her own because all her friends had settled down and had babies of their own an she didn't want to get old without having her little baby. She was also (her words) "Completely over men" after her last one of a long string of failed relationships. To be fair, she did attracted some spectacular losers.

As for the fraud, she claimed the guy told her he needed the money to settle his immigration status. If she paid him, he'd father her child which would help him getting his citizenship, then he'd pay her back once he could legally work in the country and support her and the child.

Was it a guy taking advantage of a very naive and desperate woman ? Or did she just went out and offered money for a guy to gently caress her. She never gave a straight answer about how she met him, nobody close to her ever saw the guy save for her roommate, she saw him one morning leaving my SIL bedroom. Sometime he was a coworker, or a friend of a coworker, sometime he was a stranger she met on a dating site, sometime he was the friend of a neighbor.

2) I don't think she cared much about the race of the father as long as it was a guy willing to have unprotected sex with her.

She was never one to ponder the long term consequences of her actions.

quote:

Was more afraid of the consequences for my then-husband. If I spoke before, he'd be the one stuck between his wife and his mother+sister.

My husband wanted to tell him too. But he was afraid of estranging his mother and sister. He hated the lie his sister was spinning. He tried to convince her many time to come clean. At the same time we both were his sister and mother main support, and by extension our nephew's. SIL worked intermittently according to her whim. MIL is on disability. Without us they'd have been in a very hard situation, but again not sure if pride would take over so we were afraid they'd cut us off our nephew.

Now that hurdle doesn't exist. He doesn't have to pick a side. He can be angry at me, whatever, we're not a thing anymore. SIL and MIL can hate me all they went, it's no skin off my nose anymore. They can have a united front against me, good for them. Ex-husband remains in the portrait to provide for the family, no fear that nephew will suffer. Despite their faults I know for a fact none of them will take it on the kid. I'm the big baddy here and now the cat is out the bag.

I just hope the adults around him will regain their senses and move on accordingly. I do trust my ex-husband will get around it quickly.

quote:

IDK the mom was the kind of woman getting blackout drunk telling everyone and their dog that "once you go black you never go back". Before the guy disappeared she was bragging about riding a black stallion and how black guys were so much better than all the deadbeat white trash guys she dated before.

quote:

She once got in her head that a very famous actor would leave his wife for her if only she could introduce herself to him. She went as far as attend a meet-and-greet even she didn't have ticket for, only to wait outside hoping to see him. He ended up graciously signing autographs to every fan waiting outside, SIL included.

Back home she threw all of her fan stuff in the trash because she couldn't believe he had the nerves to treat her not differently that any other "normal" fan outside.

Like she can hold a job just fine and make a living and take care of herself for the most part, but there's a part of her that just not all there.

E: I just wanna hug this kid so bad. If you lie to a kid about their race continuously, you aren’t fit to be a parent, full stop.

quote:

He's far from emotionally damaged, he's more relieved that the outlandish lie told by his mother is just that, a lie. It's a huge contention point between them since he turned 12 and she "found" the picture of the guy she claim is his Dad. He outright told her he didn't believe "her fat rear end could ever gently caress a guy like him".

It messed him up pretty bad. Lil dude grew up knowing nothing at all about his father, then he was told he's half-Mexican. Everyone was already making fun of him for being the only black kid in town, then the whole "Mexican" thing got out and other kids doubled down on the bullying. His Mom got steadfast in her "Mexican" lie. Poor boy just wanted to know his heritage, he saw black people on TV and was amazed to discover as a kid that there was a whole continent of people who look just like him. Like yes I'm aware there's some Black Mexican, but try explaining that to racist kids.

We watched the Olympics one year when he was young and each time a Mexican was on screen his Mom told him to cheer for his country. Like bitch no lil Dude is Canadian first, stop making him cheer for a country he has nothing to do with for your own vanity.When an African man was competing he'd point out to the guy all excited yelling "me me me me me". It was sad to see.

teen witch fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Dec 15, 2022

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for making sure my stepdaughter knows how to do laundry?

quote:

My (42F) stepdaughter (11F) has a few chores around the house. One of those chores is doing laundry. For some reason, getting her to do this chore is like pulling teeth and frankly, I am sick of it. She fights and fights and acts like doing it is the absolute worst thing that has ever happened to her.

Three times a week stepdaughter is to gather the laundry from our room, her room, and her brother (3M)'s rooms. Then she is supposed to bring them downstairs and sort them into piles (undergarments, jeans, delicates, tshirts, etc). After that she is to start doing loads of laundry. It took forever to teach her how to do this, but she finally got it at around 8/9 years old. However, it's still a huge struggle.

Our current fight is that she "hates touching people's dirty underwear". She's fine to touch her own underwear, but she outright refuses to touch mine, her father's, or her brother's. She's the worst with her father's underwear and has insulted him again and again by calling his underwear choices "weird and gross". I'll admit, they are a bit odd- my husband wears a lot of men's thongs with some loud prints, but they're the same as any other underwear and she shouldn't be disrespecting her father like this.

She has taken to picking up underwear using a sock which makes everything take twice as long, basically. She insists on finding dirty socks and using them to pick up dirty underwear, which makes NO sense. If she's so grossed out by dirty underwear, why would dirty socks be any better?!

She's also grossed out by normal marks on underwear as well and has outright refused to pick certain garments up.

It's so frustrating. She's so stubborn and digs her heels in wherever she can. She also does the dishes as a chore, as well as a couple other things, and those were huge fights at first too, of course. I really don't understand why she can't just do what she's told. If she just did the laundry, it'd be over in a couple minutes and she could wash her hands!

Opinions from my friends seem to be strangely mixed about this. Some agree that she's a kid who needs to learn how to do these things for her future, but a couple others say it may be too far. AITA?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Evil Willow posted:

WIBTK if I follow through w/ a promise to film a friend's home haircut on me, & put it on YouTube & social media for all the world to see, if they're just as painful as last time?

What is even going in here? What is WIBTK?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for making sure my stepdaughter knows how to do laundry?

"normal marks"? :raise:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
If you manage to get serious skidmarks on a thong, I’d be impressed/horrified (is there not a German word for that?)

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

ilmucche posted:

"Would I be the Karen"

AITA for showing up to a birthday meal in a sweatshirt and tracksuit bottoms and making a scene?

quote:

It was my SILs birthday recently, she turned 16 she got a huge party but my husband wanted to celebrate as a family.

Backstory; I recently gave birth to my son, Quinn he’s four months old…I’m also three months pregnant, we tried for Quinn since I was 21 and my husband was 25 so it took us 3 years with no luck and tons of doctor’s appointments - we thought we’d have to use a surrogate or adoption when suddenly I was pregnant, I’d been told it was unlikely I’d get pregnant so imagine my surprise getting pregnant so soon after giving birth.

This pregnancy has been hellish, I mean I’ve been pregnant for essentially a year with no break - I get that it’s my fault, but as I said I didn’t expect it, it’s not been smooth sailing this time; I’m exhausted, nauseous, emotional and just overall…unhappy, like pregnant women get mood swings but I don’t I’m just sad (I'm talking to a therapist)

We’d planned on meeting at a restaurant when I started getting really nauseous/bad stomach pains, I…without being graphic, was sick over myself so I had a bath and the pains went, my husband rearranged the meal to ours…so the meal was hosted in our home.

Now granted he cooked and cleaned, but I’ve just given birth and I’m pregnant I don’t want anyone in my home - he insisted I come eat with them, so I came down in comfy clothes (I feel like a whale looking at my old nice clothes)

MIL made a remark that it would’ve been nicer for me to dress up, that I knew SIL was inviting some friends (I’d been told it was family) and that I look sick…I said, maybe raised my voice, you try being pregnant for a year! I’m loving exhausted, I’m in pain.

She went silent, the meal was crazy awkward and then my husband told me I have nice pregnancy clothes, that I could’ve asked for a plate to be bought upstairs and he’s just upset with me saying I didn’t need to make a scene and just explain to MIL that I felt unwell, but didn’t want to be absent… he says he changed it to ours so I didn’t have to be overly dressed but still look nice.

AITA? Excuse any grammatical errors, my brain doesn’t want to cooperate

Nice to know she gave birth to the first twin successfully!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

teen witch posted:

AITA for telling my nephew about his bio father and the real story of how he was conceived ?

E: I just wanna hug this kid so bad. If you lie to a kid about their race continuously, you aren’t fit to be a parent, full stop.

Since she was lying about the whole Mexican Fling I think she lied about what "really" happened, too. None of her story makes any loving sense. She was dating a dude, he got her pregnant, he conned her out of a bunch of money and fled

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

teen witch posted:

If you manage to get serious skidmarks on a thong, I’d be impressed/horrified (is there not a German word for that?)

Is it that surprising the wicked stepmother's husband who is fine with his daughter being Cinderellaed is a non-wiper?

AITA for never making coffee (at work) right?

quote:

I work at a popular (just below Starbucks imo) coffee shop. Because of the holidays, we are continuously getting new coffee flavors. Which is fine and tasty, right?

Except for on nightshift, which is where most of my shifts end up. A lot of people will come through and order the holiday blend or a variety of our other blends. Because of how long I’ve worked there, I know pretty much how all the blends are made/taste.

So whenever someone comes through, instead of making, for instance, our holiday blend when they order it, i will add the flavor shots necessary to make it taste like our holiday blend. Same with the other coffees.

I feel kind of bad, because they have to pay extra and they aren’t even getting it. But at the same time we are severely understaffed (2 people on the floor instead of the regular 4) and with the other person doing the night shifts tasks (which with 2 people would take about 3 hours, and she’s the only one doing them) I have to do 3 peoples jobs. I make food, i cash people out, I take all the orders (at the front as well) and I make the drinks. I don’t have the time to make whole pots of coffee for just a few people. Aita?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Hughlander posted:

I love confronting the mama's boy about how useless her son is. I hate the fact that she tried to defend it as normal.

I think you mean confronting the boy's mama.

teen witch posted:

There may be, but I think that's also the original use case for the English "awestruck."

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Invisible Clergy posted:

Hey reddit, I'm lying to people about what they're drinking and I'm upcharging them for it because I'm too lazy to to change a bag of premeasured grounds in a drip coffee maker.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Evil Willow posted:

Footnote: I'll HAPPILY pay for mediocre, painless haircuts rather than get a 2nd painful free haircut, even if said free haircut makes me look like a Hollywood A-Lister.
It's really disappointing that there's no third option where you pay money for a good, painless haircut. Just totally impossible, the only places that exist are generic BestCuts and people who apparently learned the barber trade from a prison torturer.

Invisible Clergy posted:

So whenever someone comes through, instead of making, for instance, our holiday blend when they order it, i will add the flavor shots necessary to make it taste like our holiday blend
I don't drink coffee, so help me out here: Is this actually something that can be done successfully to closely match the flavor of the blend? Or is this rear end in a top hat just telling themselves that it "tastes just like the blend" while a bunch of coffee-loving customers are driving away sipping their coffee recognizing it tastes off?

Of course they're YTA either way because you're not giving the customers what they paid for, but just wondering.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

ilmucche posted:

That sounds like someone's fetish, tbqh.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for referring to my BIL by a nickname he doesn’t like?

quote:

My BIL (late 30s) has been calling me (early 30sF) Princess and high maintenance ever since we went on a trip to a family wedding and we shared an air B&B. He thinks I’m high maintenance because I’m into haircare, and skin care. I don’t travel with a chest full of products but I have more than than just shampoo, conditioner and moisturiser. I have waist length hair, and both my hair and skin is super dry. Its genetic, but I’ve finally gotten into a good routine where my skin isn’t tight all the time and my hair doesn’t look or feel like straw.

Before we went away, he and my partner (early 30s M) went to pick up the wedding gift we were giving from the shop and I asked my partner if he could pick me a couple things up from the shop that I was running out of. My partner said yes as it was next to where they were going but my BIL gave him a hard time for the amount of products I asked him to pick up. I like to keep backups of the items I use and go through regularly as I can’t stand going shopping. My partner told him to stop as its not hurting anyone, and if it should bother anyone it should be him as he has to live with it but it doesn’t bother him. My partner actually likes it and often compliments me on my soft skin and hair.

I have told BIL that I don’t like the nickname of princess or being called high maintenance. I don’t see anything wrong in wanting to look after myself and taking pride in my appearance. My routine doesn’t take preference over anything, if anything its the first thing I drop. I didn’t do my routine when my son was born, I focused on him and his needs. Me and my needs come last to the needs of my family.

My BIL hasn’t stopped with the nickname of princess, he even refers to me as princess on social media. My partner has told him to stop numerous times as well. As he’s not listening to me or his brother, I have given him the nickname of twat as I know he doesn’t like being referred to as a twat. BIL isn’t happy that I’ve taken to calling him twat. I know its really childish and petty but I feel like its the only way he’ll learn. My partner thinks its funny that BIL is getting annoyed as I’m just doing the same thing he has.

AITA for being as petty as my BIL and giving him a nickname that he doesn’t like?

op forgot the cardinal rule that it only matters when a mans feelings are hurt

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
How does a haircut even become a torture session? Like unless dude is literally yanking out people's hair or cutting their skin, but I feel like those are things you might notice and point out.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

How does a haircut even become a torture session? Like unless dude is literally yanking out people's hair or cutting their skin, but I feel like those are things you might notice and point out.

Hot shave in Egypt will leave you looking like a million dollars. But after a quick but excellent run over with a cutthroat razer, they trim the edges of your beard/eyebrows by pulling a bit of string between their teeth and hand while rolling it along the edges that need tidying up. Basically, a wax job without the wax - that bit is eye watering. Then while you can barely see, they light up some newspaper in front of you, bring to your face and burn the little fuzzy bits left over. Unless you know what is coming, it is a bit of an experience. I re-iterate that you will look and feel amazingly squared away.

Apart from that, I do not know.

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
I'd think that they might say something about it if they did the whole fancy hot shave thing, it sounds like a regular haricut from what i can make out from the ridiculous writing in the post. Did he just cut the dude in the head a bunch of times? Most barbers don't even do that a single time.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Probably a combination of dull tools and an improperly executed razor cut.

AITA for telling my boyfriend his tattoo ideas are ugly to me?

quote:

My (23F) boyfriend soon to be husband (24M) had been together for 3 years.

A few background. When I met him, he had a tattoo of his favorite band, he got another tattoo and then 2 related to me (an animal that he calls me and something I draw to represent me), recently he got a tattoo related to a childhood anime (and with the nickname everybody calls him) and the "logo" of his family surnames combined (his brother's and parents got it too). I wasn't a fan of tattoos but I recently moved across the world for an internship and because I've been dealing with mental health problems since I was 15, I decided I wanted a tattoo to remember my struggle because I will be alone at the other side of the world.

He is really into tattoos so I told him I would give him money as a Christmas present to get another tattoo, and a gamer headphones for his birthday (which is very close to Christmas day). Yesterday we were talking about the tattoo and he showed me some ideas. The first one was related to a character from an anime that represents death, I told him that I wasn't comfortable with him having something that represents death, cause is something I been through and really close too. He showed me some other ideas from the same anime, and I didn't like any of it. For me they don't look aesthetic pleasant or just nice. I know is his body and I won't conditioning the money for his tattoo, but I can help to feel uncomfortable with the ideas related to this particular anime, I really don't like this anime, and I will be seeing it in his body all my life.

I know I am the AH here because is not my body, not my choice, he told me that I made him feel sad with my comments, and I feel like poo poo, I just can't help to feel that when I see him in 5 months he will have something in his body that I don't like.

AITA?

PD. English is not my first language and we are not from the USA but from American continent. I am currently in the Middle East.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for showing up to a birthday meal in a sweatshirt and tracksuit bottoms and making a scene?

Nice to know she gave birth to the first twin successfully!

As long as the jury had one woman who had been pregnant before she would never get convicted for stabbing the mil and husband right there in front of everyone

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to get the math right on that one. They have a four month old and she's three months pregnant? Aren't you supposed to wait like at least 8 weeks before sex after giving birth?

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
From legaladvice:

My GF made me write a signed document stating that if I cheat on her again, I have to send her $10k. Will this actually hold any power over me?

quote:

The location is Charlotte, North Carolina. It's not that I will ever cheat on her, it's just scary giving rise to the possibility of this being held over me, and it wasn't even written in there that it becomes void if we break up. She was recording me write it but didn't get me signing it on camera. I'm mainly looking for peace of mind that it can't actually be used against me and it was honestly just supposed to be kind of funny for us and a way to help us move on, but the more I think about it, the more its kinda freakin me out. Heres a link to a photo of it. https://imgur.com/a/BDri8rz
Any help is appreciated!

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Propaniac posted:

From legaladvice:

My GF made me write a signed document stating that if I cheat on her again, I have to send her $10k. Will this actually hold any power over me?

Sounds like a great relationship that's definitely going places! :bravo:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Propaniac posted:

From legaladvice:

Have to admit it would be funny to see a small claims judge call that a valid contract just to spite OP.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

When you're autistic and have major sensory issues like me. Probably not what is going on with this reddit guy but goddamn, haircuts are severely unpleasant experiences.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Cowslips Warren posted:

I'm trying to get the math right on that one. They have a four month old and she's three months pregnant? Aren't you supposed to wait like at least 8 weeks before sex after giving birth?

You can have sex again whenever you feel comfortable, but who actually wants to get their gently caress on while looking after a couple of weeks old baby?? Seems like a waste of sleeping/showering time.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

darkwasthenight posted:

You can have sex again whenever you feel comfortable, but who actually wants to get their gently caress on while looking after a couple of weeks old baby?? Seems like a waste of sleeping/showering time.

Doesn't sound like the husband is doing any of the looking after so he's up for it:

OP posted:

Whaaat? Has anyone ever heard of a man helping with childcare? Lord forbid…on a serious topic he’ll do it if I nag, not his fault that his mother babies him though

(Italics hers)

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

The Bramble posted:

My best friend just completely cut off contact with me

My best friend chose the ladder.

What happens when you don't choose a snake :(

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

kimbo305 posted:

What happens when you don't choose a snake :(

Should have picked an adder instead, amirite?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Propaniac posted:

From legaladvice:

Homeboy is in the clear to start branching out with other dudes.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Doesn't sound like the husband is doing any of the looking after so he's up for it:

(Italics hers)

As much as his mother probably did instill some bad habits, you gotta love that its a woman's fault for a lovely man being a lovely man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Batterypowered7 posted:

Should have picked an adder instead, amirite?

Only if the OP does the right thing and take the L.