Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

flatluigi posted:

Jobber of the year: Action Andretti, from Jericho's match in the Dec 14 ep of AEW Dynamite

xbilkis posted:

Rope break of the year: Ricky Starks escapes MJF's armbar, AEW Dynamite 12/14/22

Pylons posted:

Saddest Promo of The Year: Hangman's post-concussion recollection, AEW Dynamite 12/14/22.

Yessir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

flatluigi posted:

Jobber of the year: Action Andretti, from Jericho's match in the Dec 14 ep of AEW Dynamite

xbilkis posted:

Rope break of the year: Ricky Starks escapes MJF's armbar, AEW Dynamite 12/14/22

Pylons posted:

Nth both of these.

Saddest Promo of The Year: Hangman's post-concussion recollection, AEW Dynamite 12/14/22.

stacked show, nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

Nth

Pylons posted:

Nth both of these.

Nth :smith:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Promoter of the Year: Takami Ohbari

For going to the Japanese government and demanding cheering crowds at Wrestle Kingdom and winning

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Promoter of the Year: Takami Ohbari

For going to the Japanese government and demanding cheering crowds at Wrestle Kingdom and winning

Nth :worship:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Promo of the Year Contender: Minoru Suzuki - NJPW WTL/SJTL Finals (12/14)

nth

nth

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Reversal of the year: Mike Bailey vs. Buddy Matthews PWG Nineteen 3 July 2022. Ultima Weapon into a KNEE IN THE loving FACE.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Worst Segment of the Year: Swerve introduces his new associates to Keith Lee - AEW Dynamite 12/21

I was so excited for this segment. Keith and Swerve! Rick Ross! It was loving awful. :smith:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Worst Segment of the Year: Swerve introduces his new associates to Keith Lee - AEW Dynamite 12/21

I was so excited for this segment. Keith and Swerve! Rick Ross! It was loving awful. :smith:

Indeed. Not to mention the new associates were extremely :geno:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Was it a bit of a dud? Swerve's had nothing but hits with me this year, so it's a shame that this time around they missed the mark with him.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Best Segment of the Year: Swerve introduces his new associates to Keith Lee - AEW Dynamite 12/21

It was entertaining and weird and had a great ending. What more could you want?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

edogawa rando posted:

Was it a bit of a dud? Swerve's had nothing but hits with me this year, so it's a shame that this time around they missed the mark with him.

The crowd reaction was weird, the reveals were underwhelming, and they seemed to miss some cues, but on the other hand...

Sticky Nate posted:

It was entertaining and weird and had a great ending. What more could you want?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AEW Dynamite 12/21
Fireball of the Year Candidate: The Wizard, Chris Jericho

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1605740829875789825?s=20&t=5YlGr3rE8JFbs79gBwOXXg
https://twitter.com/_denisesalcedo/status/1605740636560183296?s=20&t=5YlGr3rE8JFbs79gBwOXXg

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Celebrity Guest of the Year: Rick Ross

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, watching it now and I see what you mean.

Also, what does this mean for the Trust Busters? :ohdear:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Promo of the year: New Japan December 23rd

Suzuki-gun teach me how to say goodbye

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
POTYC: Suzuki-gun, NJPW Road to Tokyo Dome, 23/12

I didn't know wrestling could wreck me this much

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It continues to amaze me how heartfelt New Japan make goodbyes despite me speaking pretty much no Japanese. Nakanishi, Iizuka, Liger, now Suzuki-gun. I'm never ready

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
POTYC: Zack Sabre Jr's backstage comments, NJPW Road to Tokyo Dome, 23/12

Broke me all over again

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

segment of the year: the acclaimed destroy jeff jarrett and jay lethal's whole career, aew dynamite, 12/28

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Ivypls posted:

segment of the year: the acclaimed destroy jeff jarrett and jay lethal's whole career, aew dynamite, 12/28

Nth. Best prerecorded rap since Goth Phase.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Best justification of AEW Plus on FITE.tv Taz can't pronounce "Chardonnay," AEW Dynamite December 28, 2022.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Ivypls posted:

https://twitter.com/AEWonTV/status/1608287910251433985

Nth

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ivypls posted:

this was pretty brutal nth lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Best justification of AEW Plus on FITE.tv Taz can't pronounce "Chardonnay," AEW Dynamite December 28, 2022.

this made it to us broadcast!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

graph posted:

this made it to us broadcast!

I think there was a lot more Chardonnay discussion during PiP, including Tony absolutely butchering it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ivypls posted:

Was gonna nominate this as Diss Track of the Year, big time nth

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
nthing the diss track nom

https://twitter.com/AEWonTV/status/1608287910251433985

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Fun stuff, Double J keeps winning

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Contract Negotiation of the Year: Super Sasadango Machine had to weigh in below 110kg to get to chose the rules of his Extreme Title challenge, but weighed in at 119. But luckily, when he signed his contract, he wrote in at the same time they would be weighing his action figure instead, and it was over 108kg below the weight limit! - DDT Nevermind 12/29

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ivypls posted:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hello Darkness, My Old Friend of the Year:
Renee Pacquette pointing at Parker Boudreaux and calling him an unidentified mystery man, even though he's been on the AEW roster and been on Dynamite and Rampage and poo poo multiple times this year. Poor Parker.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Weapon of the year: (Stardom Dream Queendom spoilers) She got a bicycle!

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1608405372418822147?t=PeTOQ161US5rk-D4G_SbZg&s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hyper Misao is gonna gently caress her up :stare:

Kurash
May 12, 2008

edogawa rando posted:

Hello Darkness, My Old Friend of the Year:
Renee Pacquette pointing at Parker Boudreaux and calling him an unidentified mystery man, even though he's been on the AEW roster and been on Dynamite and Rampage and poo poo multiple times this year. Poor Parker.

Did... did this happen?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Kurash posted:

Did... did this happen?

I've never seen him on dynamite or Rampage.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Parker hasn't ever had a match on Dynamite but he's had two on Rampage, a squash of Sonny Kiss and the Trustbusters' Trios Title Tournament match against Best Friends.

Kurash
May 12, 2008

E: whoops

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kurash posted:

Did... did this happen?

Edit: “unidentified” was a misremember. Renee starts the interview with Swerve about 55 minutes into the broadcast by saying his actions are “disgusting,” and then says “I don’t know who these guys are,” while Parker is flashing his “Parker” bling.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Dec 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

im pretty sure Parker's matches with the Trustbusters predates Renee joining AEW so of course she doesn't know him!