Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I stand with Scuba Trooper

Everything Half-Life after the first game is an 8/10 at best, and frequently well below that quality

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
HL2 was awesome. Alyx was the first fps companion that seemed halfway real, and her doggy was a good boy. Not to mention the gd gravity gun!!1

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nuts and Gum posted:

HL2 was awesome. Alyx was the first fps companion that seemed halfway real, and her doggy was a good boy. Not to mention the gd gravity gun!!1

Half-Life 2 is a series of undercooked set pieces with a mediocre enemy roster padded out with enough travel sequences that add no gameplay value that an open world game would be embarrassed.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Goddamn did i love being forced to listen to corporate fan fiction dressed up as wooden exposition for a self insert character.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I like High on Life. It feels like an equivalent to one of those sixth generation Single or Double-A games that had ambition it couldn't realize, like Scrapland or something. The shooting is actually solid and I so far haven't really been annoyed by the dialogue. It's funnier than all of lovely Whedon banter in "humorous" games these days.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Pewdiepie posted:

Hello Xbox thread. Sad news. Today I was diagnosed with AIDS, the often lethal disease stemming from the human immunodeficiency virus.

I can help

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HL1 is the greatest old school FPS besides Starseige: Tribes. Sorry not sorry.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bushisms.txt posted:

Goddamn did i love being forced to listen to corporate fan fiction dressed up as wooden exposition for a self insert character.

But enough about TLOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Professor Beetus posted:

It's not like you'll be able to play his Final Fantasy games on Xbox anytime soon.

e: nm I forgot about retroarch, you can go play them all right now if you want

IV-VI are the only FFs worth playing, everything else is horse trash

Also Lost Odyssey reading was how I found out Nobuo Uematsu has had a new band for awhile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PpVnurBRPs

Larry Parrish posted:

Bring back No One Lives Forever, cowards

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

IV-VI are the only FFs worth playing, everything else is horse trash

Whack post op

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

bushisms.txt posted:

Why are we talking about bioshock?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

apatheticman posted:

Why are we talking about bioshock?

I think High on Life just made a Bioshock reference with a boss fight and I love it even more.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Game pass is great because you get a great analogy with movies.

You can be pissed off and disappointed at a movie you went to see at the theatre.

You can love a movie you caught on netflix even though youd be pissed off if you went to see it in the theatre.

Basically high on life is a lower bar because you got it included so enjoy it.

Enjoy anything you can damnit.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

apatheticman posted:

You can be pissed off and disappointed at a movie you went to see at the theatre.

You can love a movie you caught on netflix even though youd be pissed off if you went to see it in the theatre.

You can also play a masterpiece like Hitman 3 for free

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

You can also play a masterpiece like Hitman 3 for free

You can also watch godfather 2 on amazon prime.

It holds up.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Half-life < Halo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

apatheticman posted:

My brother in Christ just because the infected AIDS needle was free doesn't mean I should rate it higher

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Keep noticing AIDS being joked about...

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Larry Parrish posted:

That I can agree with

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Disposable Scud posted:

Because it’s not good!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Disposable Scud posted:

Yup, looks like the fyad crew has moved in and really aidsed up the place

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Larry Parrish posted:

to be clear: when I call things aids it means it's bad, because having aids is bad. for your health. it's also funny because aids is funny, because you get it from having sex.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Barudak posted:

Everything Half-Life after the first game is an 8/10 at best, and frequently well below that quality

Half-Life ascended with LAN parties, as did Halo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As a linear game I have been enjoying the hell out of High on Life, but one thing that does really suck and I find sort of baffling is that the game eventually lets you go back to previous areas to get money/go to places you couldn't before...Which is cool, but there is no map and as far as I can tell no way to mark the warp gate on the hud. So first place I went was the sand worm area to see what was going on there and then I lost track of where the warp gate was and now I have no idea how to get back. Like, the game is not vast but it's big enough that it should at least give you a way to track things other than the main quest. It really needs a map if it's going to let you free roam. Also seems like a missed opportunity to maybe put some little side quests in there, because the optional exploration feels pretty empty and as far as I can tell it's just treasure chests and collectables in areas where the enemies are already all dead.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Martman posted:

Yup, looks like the fyad crew has moved in and really aidsed up the place

We survived bussy, rabbi bill clinton, and rick & morty derails and we can survive an aids derail :letsgo:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I used to click on this thread cause people were always just talking about games, but lately it's been more off the rails than the Playstation thread lol. That person having a completely nonsense argument with no one about bussies was worth it though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

John F Bennett posted:

Half-life < Halo

Barudak posted:

Half-Life 2 is a series of undercooked set pieces with a mediocre enemy roster padded out with enough travel sequences that add no gameplay value that an open world game would be embarrassed.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can tell the dude who thought the enemies were boring hung out in cover and cried about grenade spam when the game was new instead of constantly bunny hopping towards the enemy like you're supposed to. The enemies are simple because you're supposed to chew through dozens at a time dumbass. didn't you play halflife 1? there's a reason the enemy types barely changed

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hearing Halo Infinitr has coop now. Can I play 4 people on console????

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Quantum of Phallus posted:

hearing Halo Infinitr has coop now. Can I play 4 people on console????

Online only, but yes. I believe it's cross platform.
No splitscreen because seemingly 343i programmers know only how to code microtransactions now.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

veni veni veni posted:

I used to click on this thread cause people were always just talking about games, but lately it's been more off the rails than the Playstation thread lol. That person having a completely nonsense argument with no one about bussies was worth it though.

A lot of the threads I go to have been slightly deranged lately. Maybe Christmas is driving people crazy.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

bushisms.txt posted:

Sorry, can't hear you Alyx, too busy slamming my crowbar against everything until talky time is over.

apatheticman posted:

You can also watch godfather 2 on amazon prime.

It holds up.

Yeah, but most deaths in the Godfather 2 are straight-forward gun kills. It doesn't offer the variety that Hitman 3 does!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rocket Pan posted:

Online only, but yes. I believe it's cross platform.
No splitscreen because seemingly 343i programmers know only how to code microtransactions now.

Amazing. We've one guy on an Xbone, one guy on a PC and then me and one other on a Series X

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Amazing. We've one guy on an Xbone, one guy on a PC and then me and one other on a Series X

Thank you Phil Spencer :worship:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Honestly I'm still casually playing Lawn Mowing Simulator here. After I finish that, probably the Vampire Survivors DLC and/or Marvel's Avengers, because I hate myself and it's rumoured their servers will get shut down next year.

I think that would be my second AAA game this year.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
What time will the Vampire Survivors DLC drop?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

You can tell the dude who thought the enemies were boring hung out in cover and cried about grenade spam when the game was new instead of constantly bunny hopping towards the enemy like you're supposed to. The enemies are simple because you're supposed to chew through dozens at a time dumbass. didn't you play halflife 1? there's a reason the enemy types barely changed

Doom already came out, half life was just a slower rehash.

Also half life 2 might have the worst feeling guns in video game history

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Dec 15, 2022

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bushisms.txt posted:

Doom already came out, half life was just a slower rehash.

Also half life 2 might have the worst feeling guns in video game history

the ar2 feels amazing wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

the ar2 feels amazing wtf

You should try playing other video games