Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

some plague rats posted:

This is the worst possible response! Every single thing you post just makes you sound like an even bigger dickhead! Nobody gives a poo poo that you had a bad day, stop trying to make it our loving problem, you did a bunch of stupid poo poo because your skin is way too thin for this role so maybe instead of the "heh, it's a dead gay forum, like I even care :smuggo:" routine just stop posting

You're losing your poo poo over two people getting sixers and me getting briefly pissy, and you're saying I'm too thin-skinned? Seek help, seriously.

Filthy Hans posted:

maybe we need a different leftist shitposting subforum, one without these onerous rules and blustering IKs, something run on a more laissez faire model of freedom

wait, does that sound familiar to anyone else? I'm getting deja vu here

Not enough believers in the marketplace of ideas here, I'm afraid.:smith:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Majorian posted:

No, what this all suggests is that I'm human. I have bad days, and clearly this was one. The worst thing that came out of it was a couple of 6ers and a gassed joke thread that the OP had locked already. I will do my best to not have another bad day, but I'm not stepping down from this super-important, world-affecting position as volunteer janitor on the political shitposting sub of a dead gay comedy forum.

it's not "being human," it's your character. and again, that's okay for a regular poster, but people who act the way you do during bad days do not make good mods. it's just facts. and you are going to have more bad days, sometimes because of the forums, and you are going to act the same way under pressure then. you'll slowly escalate your use of mod voice and buttons like you've been doing the last month, turning more and more people hostile, which will feed back into your reactance and cause you to double down like you're doing now, and so forth in a big dumb feedback loop. it will suck for c-spam, and it will suck for you.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Zodium posted:

it's not "being human," it's your character. and again, that's okay for a regular poster, but people who act the way you do during bad days do not make good mods. it's just facts. and you are going to have more bad days, sometimes because of the forums, and you are going to act the same way under pressure then. you'll slowly escalate your use of mod voice and buttons like you've been doing the last month, turning more and more people hostile, which will feed back into your reactance and cause you to double down like you're doing now, and so forth in a big dumb feedback loop. it will suck for c-spam, and it will suck for you.

Nah, I'm no worse than any other CSPAM mod. You've set a ridiculously high bar for what qualifies as an acceptable mod, and no one's going to clear it.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

ok man.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

You're losing your poo poo over two people getting sixers and me getting briefly pissy, and you're saying I'm too thin-skinned? Seek help, seriously.

A couple posts of feedback about how badly you're coming across and you're already resorting to lovely jabs about my mental health, absolute bang up job you're doing. Glad you get to set the tone around here, thanks admins for another stellar choice

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

some plague rats posted:

A couple posts of feedback and how badly you're coming across and you're already resorting to lovely jabs about mental health, absolute bang up job you're doing. Glad you get to set the tone around here, thanks admins for another stellar choice

I love that calling people "retard" doesn't bother you but this sends you clutching at pearls.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Majorian posted:

Nah, I'm no worse than any other CSPAM mod. You've set a ridiculously high bar for what qualifies as an acceptable mod, and no one's going to clear it.

lmao

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

I love that calling people "retard" doesn't bother you but this sends you clutching at pearls.

Have you noticed I don't say "retard" any more. You can check my post history, I've stopped using it. So this is you, what, tripling down by now? You think this is how a moderator should deal with poo poo in their forum?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

some plague rats posted:

Have you noticed I don't say "retard" any more. You can check my post history, I've stopped using it. So this is you, what, tripling down by now? You think this is how a moderator should deal with poo poo in their forum?

It's me pointing out that you seem to only get offended very selectively. One might say cynically.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Majorian posted:

It's me pointing out that you seem to only get offended very selectively. One might say cynically.

That doesn’t matter with regard to the feedback, which is correct. When you deflect negative feedback with “this is clearly in bad faith,” “you have impossible expectations,” “send a fax to lowtax if you don’t like it” etc. it makes it seem like you care a lot about holding onto your seat but not much about the community you have powers over.

500 good dogs posted:

lmao that went so far over your head it's kinda impressive IMO

Syq cause I can’t believe you wrote that

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 11:14 on Dec 15, 2022

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brain Candy posted:

my feedback is i don't want cspam to be 'nice' or d&d but for dsa members and it seems like there's a decorum push that's making a desert and calling it peace

fact check: this is objectively true. :) :)

random representative sample: bans & permas of cspam and gbs posters during the recent crackdown on both ukraine war threads from 10/16/22 to 11/11/22. both threads got closed at around the same time for ostensibly similar reasons (bloodlust, psycho posting, attacking other forums, etc etc). didn't know who every poster was, don't care

cspam:
bans: 14
permabans: 8
total # bans: 22

gbs:
bans: 7
permabans: 2
total # bans: 9

guess the subforum by the banned post

“.” posted:

They're a bunch of rapists and murderers and deserve nothing but painful and humiliating death.

I hope their parents die of grief.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
___GBS___

. posted:

even calling it the holodomor without ironic quotes is pretty offensive and platforms nazis tbh

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
__cspam__

. posted:

Don’t say that! With a bit of luck, they’ll all freeze to death.

___GBS___

. posted:

it rules that the thing they're glossing over as 'fixed in the 1920s and 2002' is literal laws making the entire state white only under penalty of lynchings, never let a pine tree humping smug lib pretend their state isn't one of the most cartoonishly racist in the country

__cspam__

“.” posted:

:yeshaha:

If you can't behave abroad go get turned into red mist in Ukraine.

___GBS___

. posted:

Europe can't collapse fast enough

I don't care about your stupid Polish grandma, she was probably a nazi

__cspam__

. posted:

orcspam needs to be shutdown and its posters need to have their hollowdomes filled with good strong azov lead

___GBS___

. posted:

the only thing about my actual behavior you could point to were two posts on the discord from two months ago where i stated my opinions on NATO involvement in Ukraine, which some people like the ukraine stan guy whose name i forget got angry about, so i never talked about it ever again. and neither did anyone else, to my knowledge anyway

you made this a political affair, as you said the problem was my personal political beliefs. i don't really know how to describe what kind of problem an actively enforced political shibboleth is for an organization of internet spaceship nerds

but, i won eve already, so anyway

__cspam__

in conclusion:
+400% more permabans and +244% more total bans were handed out against cspammers for what are obviously far less egregious cspam posts. this reflects an obvious biased moderation trend towards banning cspammers. in conclusion: release all cspam political prisoners (please and thank you) :) :)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

Right, I have a tolerance for bad words so it's fine for you to call me mentally ill for thinking little of your moderating style. That's an interesting stance, just saying offensive poo poo and then deciding afterwards whether it was okay for you to do that based on the post history of the people who tell you that was bad. Are you going to moderate the same way? Like if someone starts throwing out the slurs are you going to start checking whether the people reporting it are actually minorities before you probe em

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lobotomy molo posted:

random representative sample: bans & permas of cspam and gbs posters during the recent crackdown on both ukraine war threads from 10/16/22 to 11/11/22. both threads got closed at around the same time for ostensibly similar reasons (bloodlust, psycho posting, attacking other forums, etc etc). didn't know who every poster was, don't care

cspam:

gbs:

in conclusion:
+400% more permabans and +244% more total bans were handed out against cspammers for what are obviously far less egregious cspam posts. this reflects an obvious biased moderation trend towards banning cspammers. in conclusion: release all cspam political prisoners (please and thank you) :) :)

free sexpig by night

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean just to be clear: before you decided to be lovely about my mental health, did you assume in advance I would be cynical about it? Or did you just do it without thinking because you were mad and trying to do some damage. Important, to consider this, as a moderator

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lobotomy molo posted:

cspam:

gbs:

___GBS___

__cspam__

___GBS___

__cspam__

___GBS___

__cspam__

___GBS___

__cspam__

in conclusion:

lol who changed your name

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

some plague rats posted:

Right, I have a tolerance for bad words so it's fine for you to call me mentally ill for thinking little of your moderating style.

As someone who has been pretty open about his own struggles with mental illness, I’m gonna have to ask you to miss me with this gaslighting horseshit: “Seek help” is pretty mild compared to the ableism you clearly don’t give two shits about.

e: lmfao literally your most recent rap sheet entry is you saying “retard.” That was a month ago.

Majorian has issued a correction as of 11:12 on Dec 15, 2022

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

some plague rats posted:

I mean just to be clear: before you decided to be lovely about my mental health, did you assume in advance I would be cynical about it? Or did you just do it without thinking because you were mad and trying to do some damage. Important, to consider this, as a moderator

very important

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

some plague rats posted:

lol who changed your name

didn't even realize who it was

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lumpentroll posted:

didn't even realize who it was

look out Frecks, the insults and insinuations are being flung about with wild abandon tonight

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

As someone who has been pretty open about his own struggles with mental illness, I’m gonna have to ask you to miss me with this gaslighting horseshit: “Seek help” is pretty mild compared to the ableism you clearly don’t give two shits about.

I would have assumed someone who had experienced struggles with mental health would be less quick to throw it out as an own, especially as a moderator? But it's fine right, because you didn't say the bad word, and you only did a mild ableism so you're still a good person

I mean jesus christ "gaslighting" you profound loving embarassment

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Majorian posted:

e: lmfao literally your most recent rap sheet entry is you saying “retard.” That was a month ago.

I would like to remind you that suggesting people who disagree with you could be mentally ill is something that can get you probated in this subforum. Maybe you didn’t know.

Azathoth posted:

Don't suggest people who disagree with you are mentally ill. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=519899545&noseen=1

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

I would like to remind you that suggesting people who disagree with you could be mentally ill is something that can get you probated in this subforum. Maybe you didn’t know.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=519899545&noseen=1

Hey, you know what? Fair enough.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
you're on the flavius track rn majorian

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

why does eveyrbody under my protection end up dead!!!

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Lpzie posted:

because you're a failure

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

:stare: or a murderer

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
##vote Lpzie

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Majorian posted:

That bar is so low that it is practically a tripping hazard in Hell, and yet here you are, in limbo with the Devil.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Cuttlefush posted:

##vote Lpzie

ty!!!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lpzie posted:

its not your fault, you tried your best

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

And that's why you should always, always post through it.

Or why you shouldn't.

One of those.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

lobotomy molo posted:

cspam:

gbs:

___GBS___

__cspam__

___GBS___

__cspam__

___GBS___

__cspam__

___GBS___

__cspam__

in conclusion:

yeah there was obviously some kind of agreement to make the gbs mods settle down and it turned out the deal was very bad for cspam

instead of you know, just ignoring them because its gbs

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
If you could make Mods bleed, people will cease to believe in Them… there will be blood in the water, and the sharks will come.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Majorian I am begging you to stop fighting with people giving feedback in the feedback thread.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

vyelkin posted:

Majorian I am begging you to stop fighting with people giving feedback in the feedback thread.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Majorian is fine, if a bit too earnest. Who cares about a couple of 6ers. Let's not forget the true enemy, Azathot, for permabanning sexpig by night

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

don't listen to them

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lmfao the av

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

vyelkin posted:

to be fair a lot of the feedback does seem to be people fighting or related to people fighting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cuttlefush posted:

it might turn out funny