Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

What about on hotdogs?

:catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

What about on hotdogs?

no i'm actually an adult

last weekend i got a hot dog and the only condiment I could see was ketchup (they actually did have mustard packets but I didn't notice) so I ate it plain, which was disappointing, but not as disappointing as if it had ketchup on it

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Finger Prince

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiGb31e5ydo

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Dec 15, 2022

b mad at me

rear end-penny posted:

hello, if you have any pet pictures on hand that would be greatly appreciated.

I have these

https://imgur.com/jLFjUYv
https://imgur.com/1v1uwnm

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Puppo! 💞

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Escape From Noise

more falafel please posted:

no i'm actually an adult

Much like ur posts.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

sb hermit

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I'm good at having no idea where I am even in the city where I've lived since I was 3 months old.

We'd make the perfect team!

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Bang! Zoom! Straight to the moon!

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Stoner Sloth

pro tip: eat stuff you like, 'adult food' is a myth - people are dumb at every stage of life so you might as well try to be happy. but also try new stuff because finding new things you love is one of life's great joys

Ohtori Akio
Adult food: unsweet oatmeal in the morning because I can set my instant pot to delay cook and I've learned to love and respect fiber.

Ohtori Akio
Another adult food: it's baked tofu night for the fifth night in a row because mama got home late and I want protein.

Escape From Noise

Stoner Sloth posted:

pro tip: eat stuff you like, 'adult food' is a myth - people are dumb at every stage of life so you might as well try to be happy. but also try new stuff because finding new things you love is one of life's great joys

But I think chicken nuggets are real gross.

Ohtori Akio
Yet another adult food: oh hell yeah. Peanut butter jelly again.

Ohtori Akio

But I think chicken nuggets are real gross.

If someone's thinking about making a chicken nugget, I feel they could simply bread a little tofu and fry it up. Bazinga.

Escape From Noise

Seijoishi didn't have chevre. Which is too bad. I was really thinking about putting some on the rye bread that I got with a friend egg for breakfast. Chevre on toast is cool and good and my friend.

Ohtori Akio

Seijoishi didn't have chevre. Which is too bad. I was really thinking about putting some on the rye bread that I got with a friend egg for breakfast. Chevre on toast is cool and good and my friend.

That sounds like a very good breakfast. Maybe you could get some salted butter. Lots of other cheeses could work here too.

Heather Papps

hello friend

storms brewin'

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Hey byob

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
hi buddy, what's up?

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

First sunny day in weeks here. It's been raining massively for the past days. On one hand that's been good: the country's been having dry winters for years, which has led to nothing but water shortage and constant forest fires. On the other hand, my old apartment building is not able to endure it and I have had different divisions of the house getting all hosed up with water damage. Fun.

At least it's been a "smoother" experience here than in the capital. Lisbon is an ancient city built on top of vast hills so there's massive inclinations everywhere and water always goes to the bottom. Tons of streets, cars, and houses in the bottom zones got wrecked during the past two weeks.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Dukes Mayo Clinic
I have been buying Duke’s Mayonnaise by the case mail-order from the factory in NC ever since I moved because it is so much better than any other name-brand mayo I can get in yankee country.

As far as I can tell the difference is in the vinegar and the spice blend which gives it actual flavor compared to whatever miracle whip/salad cream/hellmans abominations people use to ruin salads.

Better things are always possible. Even mayonnaise.

Heather Papps

hello friend

the storm has arrived. they're only calling for maybe ten centimetres but that was still enough that my work christmas party was shifted a few days.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

hi buddy, what's up?

My dad took me to lunch yesterday for my birthday, he invited my brother which is good. My brother deals with a lot, raising four kids, three autistic, two of which are severely autistic plus being a higher up at T-Mobile headquarters full time.

I explained my struggles with mental health and how it's affecting school. My dad doesn't understand how to help with that stuff, which is understandable, his generation (baby boomers) generally doesn't. He just knows to ask if I need some money, which I've had to do recently with no job and student loans not due to hit until February.

I'm not opposed to working, but I've had a really bad stretch of mistreatment from the past four employers, and I carry some baggage from my past that makes employment a bit tougher unless I find a good employer. That has been mixing with my overall depression in a way that has been just off from debilitating.

To that end, the school has tried their best to provide assistance. They have a student program that utilizes their employee health care plan for emergency cases to find a provider for students seeking mental health options and will pay for five free visits. The struggle is finding someone during these holiday times, who is open to new patients, but I didn't think it would be as difficult as it has been (essentially trying since Nov 27 to no avail), no in-person options, and now that I've expanded to tele-health options I'm still getting essentially no options available.

They finally yesterday sent me notice they had found a lady who could do phone visits and told me to call her and/or leave a message. On first try it just rang and then hung up on me. Second attempt she called me right back and acted like just a normal private call "Who is this?" "Uh, my name is..." And she hung up. Third attempt after the program asked me to try again, she answered and talked a bit but said she didn't know what I was talking about with the student assistance program and I had to explain the entire program by which time I figured out that this program hires companies to find companies to call providers and she is only familiar with like one level of that and didn't understand how I was contacting her.

Nevertheless she said she'd be willing to do phone calls but she's getting ready to spend three days in the hospital as her husband is having surgery and she's going to camp out in the waiting room for the rest of the weekend to be there for him while he recovers and if she finds some time during all that she can maybe reach out to me.

How am I supposed to approach that situation?

Back to my brother, while I was explaining some of my struggles with finding a provider through the school he slid his phone over to me and showed me a tele-health program that he's been using recently for mental health issues that puts him in contact with a psychiatrist, and medication if needed for $95/mo. He said he'd be willing to pick up the bill to find me care. 💜

At the same time I was picking up on some cues that told me that my dad might be struggling with some stuff as well but he is never the one to be open about this stuff like my brother and I are. I called my brother later yesterday and discussed some of the things that dad said that I thought might be red flags and we agreed that we may be seeing a tip of the iceberg cry for help so I wanted us to both be on the same page so we can help if needed.

After our lunch I took both my brother and my dad across the street to my college and we walked around the fine arts building where I spend my days. I wanted them to see where I'm at in life and what my focus is on. My brother had attended some classes at the college back in the 90s but the school is much larger today and he was in awe at the growth. My dad had never visited the campus even though he's lived next to it the majority of his life and he was in awe at the fine arts building, specifically the woodshop, metalsmithing and pottery side as he used to be a craftsman in his hobby life. I'm glad that it sparked a little remembrance of that creative side in him. I think it helped us bridge a gap that has been lingering in our relationship for years.

Apologies for the book 📖

Bad Video Games

My superpower is cooking I guess. That and knowing how to piss people off.

Escape From Noise

Baby
When I think about about u
I think about luv

Love Stole the Day
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Finger Prince posted:

Hamjobs can't help you here mate, you're in mayo town.

Gravy is a much better condiment to go on fries than mayonnaise which is gross

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

i'm from pei and i endorse this message

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

barclayed

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"

Stoner Sloth posted:

but also try new stuff because finding new things you love is one of life's great joys

literally this. we are creatures that were made to love and share love and i think that's so wonderful.

xcheopis

Viginti Septem posted:

My dad took me to lunch yesterday for my birthday, he invited my brother which is good. My brother deals with a lot, raising four kids, three autistic, two of which are severely autistic plus being a higher up at T-Mobile headquarters full time.

I explained my struggles with mental health and how it's affecting school. My dad doesn't understand how to help with that stuff, which is understandable, his generation (baby boomers) generally doesn't. He just knows to ask if I need some money, which I've had to do recently with no job and student loans not due to hit until February.

I'm not opposed to working, but I've had a really bad stretch of mistreatment from the past four employers, and I carry some baggage from my past that makes employment a bit tougher unless I find a good employer. That has been mixing with my overall depression in a way that has been just off from debilitating.

To that end, the school has tried their best to provide assistance. They have a student program that utilizes their employee health care plan for emergency cases to find a provider for students seeking mental health options and will pay for five free visits. The struggle is finding someone during these holiday times, who is open to new patients, but I didn't think it would be as difficult as it has been (essentially trying since Nov 27 to no avail), no in-person options, and now that I've expanded to tele-health options I'm still getting essentially no options available.

They finally yesterday sent me notice they had found a lady who could do phone visits and told me to call her and/or leave a message. On first try it just rang and then hung up on me. Second attempt she called me right back and acted like just a normal private call "Who is this?" "Uh, my name is..." And she hung up. Third attempt after the program asked me to try again, she answered and talked a bit but said she didn't know what I was talking about with the student assistance program and I had to explain the entire program by which time I figured out that this program hires companies to find companies to call providers and she is only familiar with like one level of that and didn't understand how I was contacting her.

Nevertheless she said she'd be willing to do phone calls but she's getting ready to spend three days in the hospital as her husband is having surgery and she's going to camp out in the waiting room for the rest of the weekend to be there for him while he recovers and if she finds some time during all that she can maybe reach out to me.

How am I supposed to approach that situation?

Back to my brother, while I was explaining some of my struggles with finding a provider through the school he slid his phone over to me and showed me a tele-health program that he's been using recently for mental health issues that puts him in contact with a psychiatrist, and medication if needed for $95/mo. He said he'd be willing to pick up the bill to find me care. 💜

At the same time I was picking up on some cues that told me that my dad might be struggling with some stuff as well but he is never the one to be open about this stuff like my brother and I are. I called my brother later yesterday and discussed some of the things that dad said that I thought might be red flags and we agreed that we may be seeing a tip of the iceberg cry for help so I wanted us to both be on the same page so we can help if needed.

After our lunch I took both my brother and my dad across the street to my college and we walked around the fine arts building where I spend my days. I wanted them to see where I'm at in life and what my focus is on. My brother had attended some classes at the college back in the 90s but the school is much larger today and he was in awe at the growth. My dad had never visited the campus even though he's lived next to it the majority of his life and he was in awe at the fine arts building, specifically the woodshop, metalsmithing and pottery side as he used to be a craftsman in his hobby life. I'm glad that it sparked a little remembrance of that creative side in him. I think it helped us bridge a gap that has been lingering in our relationship for years.

Apologies for the book 📖

Fantastic to have supportive people in your life!
:sympathy:

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

sb hermit

xcheopis posted:

Fantastic to have supportive people in your life!
:sympathy:

Shifty Nipples

fyad getting sneaky with this banner ad

at first I figured it was for something like creative convention

Shifty Nipples

yessss... don't be afraid... come post with us...

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Ass-penny

Shifty Nipples posted:

fyad getting sneaky with this banner ad

at first I figured it was for something like creative convention
I bet they used a coupon to buy the ad.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Ohtori Akio posted:

Mayonnaise is an excellent flavor carrier imo. If you just want a simple creamy fatty spread, room temperature salted butter wins every time.

I griddle bread with salted butter and use that for sandwiches with mayo and mustard. Any meat I know of works in that way. I can skip the toast though if I do steak or burgers because I load them with a big thing of butter to run down into it... Now I'm mad at myself for not getting butter yesterday.

I mixed some ghost pepper sauce into mustard last night and used it for dipping chicken strips and it was so hot and delicious. The cool part was it was hot when I was eating, but ten minutes after I finished I barely had a warmth. Now I wanna try it in a good BST.

Love Stole the Day posted:

Gravy is a much better condiment to go on fries than mayonnaise which is gross

Chili beats gravy on fries.. All are fine with me really tho.

And now I've looked and chili poutine is a thing I'm confused about not just being chili cheese fries.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Ass-penny

yo vs I'm glad you had a good lunch with your dad and brother, and that you're building bridges with them. I hope you get the financial and emotional support you need, friend. let us know if there's anything the y o b can do.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

it is occurring to me I've no idea what to get my sister for her birthday, in 12 days :ohdear:

xcheopis

rear end-penny posted:

it is occurring to me I've no idea what to get my sister for her birthday, in 12 days :ohdear:

Buy your sister an account

Or nice warm things

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

more falafel please posted:

I like ketchup on burgers (but only the kind of burgers I'm not putting some sort of mayo-based sauce on) and I like dippin fries in it. but that's pretty much it I think

If the burger has lettuce and tomatoes I prefer mayo to ketchup.

Ketchup is nice for dipping fries into even if I'm sure some have alternatives and scoff at this practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

xcheopis posted:

Buy your sister an account

Or nice warm things

lmao I don't think she has ever heard of SA but I'm sure she would not care for most of it. warm things is a solid maybe.