Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
shoulda talked to more people while holding the princess. hell shoulda just kept her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I love fighting Dragonlord while carrying the princess

...but is it art?

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1599992862950576129?s=46&t=Mn1Oq_Qi2vurlvhfGo5knw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I need this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycophobia posted:

shoulda talked to more people while holding the princess. hell shoulda just kept her
I did this when I played it lol.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao that loving rules

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lmao at the quote.

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao cool

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Owns.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
forgot i hace to take notes to play these old rear end jrpfs

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Got Dragon Quest Treasures today, and it has voice acting, which normally wouldn't be a problem, but the slimes have voice acting too, and one of the slimes who joins your team early on just sounds like, a regular human, and it loving rattles me every time he says "I'M FEELING GOO-D"

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

Got Dragon Quest Treasures today, and it has voice acting, which normally wouldn't be a problem, but the slimes have voice acting too, and one of the slimes who joins your team early on just sounds like, a regular human, and it loving rattles me every time he says "I'M FEELING GOO-D"

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

lol but how is it

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Fungah! posted:

lol but how is it

I've barely had time to play it. The voice acting is legitimately insane and the monsters you venture around with only have like three lines and won't shut up ever. Everything else seems pretty charming and the world seems really open and they give you a bunch of movement options pretty early.

I'm pretty sure a lot of the people from the rocket slime series worked on it too, there's a lot of similarities in how the game feels with just collecting a ton of poo poo for the sake of it, a town that you slowly build up, plus like one of the first slimes you meet in the game almost immediately does an elasto blast.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did my first 2nd tier weapon quest in DQIX and got an absolutely insane reward, now I can't wait to do all of these weapon mastery quest lines. Wonder what sick poo poo awaits

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just got to Tedanki in DQ3, it was night when I got there. Slept at the inn and drat dude...

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

Just got to Tedanki in DQ3, it was night when I got there. Slept at the inn and drat dude...

Yeah that caught me off guard too. It's amazing the level of storytelling they were at for what was originally an NES game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

almost done with DQIX already. Its been a Mixed Bag. best gameplay in the series I think, they finally improved the job system from the 6&7 leveling structure so you can be way more freeform with how often you swap, the way abilities carry over, weapon specialization, etc.

Plotwise very weak. Usually in the final act they reveal the big swerve and you find out WHO was pulling the strings the whole time, but in this game there isn't even a bad guy or clear threat for anything that's happening until the 2nd to last town in the game lol. Plus it's got the DQ3 party system so the only character to carry the whole thing is your silent protag. Kind of lame compared to the heights of the rest of the series

Gorgeous towns and dungeons, though they all seem kinda small & short. The crafting system is better than VIII but slightly too complicated, probably bc it seems like you can grind stuff forever in an online & coop mode that probably isn't functional anymore. Would have been dope if I had played it when it came out

I'm sad that this is it, this is the last new DQ I'll experience until XII comes out in 5 years. unless theres a way to play an English patched version of X on a private server

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

IX was one of my first interactions with the Dragon Quest series and while it's a fine enough game, it put me off DQ for a while just because it's so flat, I gave IV a shot a couple years later and it made me realize that IX was an outlier and the other games actually did have a lot of charm.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

I'm sad that this is it, this is the last new DQ I'll experience until XII comes out in 5 years. unless theres a way to play an English patched version of X on a private server

Apparently there's a big update coming to DQ10 Offline coming in June so we might finally get a translation or even a fan effort. Don't see why not

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Wonder why they aren't at least localizing the offline version considering squeenix lately has been localizing/remastering all kinds of stuff from the back catalog

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Made my Jester a Sage and found the Final Key finally. gently caress yes

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Apparently there's a big update coming to DQ10 Offline coming in June so we might finally get a translation or even a fan effort. Don't see why not

P-Mack posted:

Wonder why they aren't at least localizing the offline version considering squeenix lately has been localizing/remastering all kinds of stuff from the back catalog

imp magic :pray:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It's super upsetting playing Treasures and picking up objects that are references to DQ games that never got localized. There's an entire category for cards from the card game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Sounds like copium.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

In Training posted:

Sounds like copium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C_P3kgaMUQ

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Got the Red, Blue and Green orbs in DQ3 and just now finally found the echo flute lol.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Got the other 3 orbs...god drat this is a top 1 video game bird

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lamia ftw

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

Evil Eagle posted:

its pretty great, the music ftw as well

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Evil Eagle posted:

Orb hype!!!!!

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

Orb hype!!!!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1603136244740894720?s=46&t=Mbwy65S0MwNYDhZVXR_UhA

----------------

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Gonna start DQ8 after Impmas ends, this seems to be a lot of people's favorite so the hype levels are significant

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

P-Mack posted:

Gonna start DQ8 after Impmas ends, this seems to be a lot of people's favorite so the hype levels are significant

hell yeah

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

P-Mack posted:

It's Pretty loving Good

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lol nice

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

Its an absolute delight. Which version you going with