Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
I really enjoy playing Diablo 3 on Switch but for some reason the Switch version of Torchlight 2 just isn't clicking for me. I don't know, it just doesn't feel satisfying to play, whether I'm using melee or ranged attacks. I mean I liked the PC version of it when I played it (10 years ago, apparently) so I was hoping to get back into it now but I think I'm just going to drop it and maybe start another Diablo 3 character when the new season starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Chained Echoes seems pretty fun so far. Not a lot of reviews but the ones I've seen are very positive. SNES-throwback JRPG is obviously a pretty crowded field these days but it has promise.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

SkeletonHero posted:

That's how it worked in Brave Fencer Musashi, so it's good enough for me.

Best healing item in the game too, iirc

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Alan_Shore posted:

I'm playing Ori and Da Wisps and it's amazing, really love it, especially the soundtrack.

But it's the sequel to Ori and the Blind Forest, I got them mixed up. If I play the first one afterwards, will it be a notable step down?

The main thing id say is youve spoiled a fairly major plot beat of 1 this way tbh. Theyre both fairly similar with some pointsof difference but 2 isnt a strict improvement imo. I dont think its ideal but tbh i dont think it matters much either

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

despite it not being my style at all, i went ahead and just bought witcher 3 for the switch because everyone on this drat forum has raved about it forever. they were just gushing about it in the ps5 thread as well due to new content or something.

hope it's good!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Completely forgot I have Cthulu Saves Christmas, no better time to play this game! It's definitely got me smiling the whole way through so far.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

hatty posted:

Tetris DS is the actual best Tetris

Amen. It was literally perfect.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

abelwingnut posted:

despite it not being my style at all, i went ahead and just bought witcher 3 for the switch because everyone on this drat forum has raved about it forever. they were just gushing about it in the ps5 thread as well due to new content or something.

hope it's good!

It’s an all timer

The “new content” I think is mostly for the other consoles and PC. Better graphics mostly. But some new QoL stuff and a new quest or something. Not sure if the switch version gets any of that.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1603194052689776641?s=46&t=gpdTEXOAOHAG96vNtTgogA

They look very good.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I would pay for a DLC in Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair that eliminates the overworld portions of the game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

My buddy and I are wrapping up Portal 2 co-op, having previously caught them all in Sword and Shield, which I did not care for.

Any other good online co-op games we can check out?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

My buddy and I are wrapping up Portal 2 co-op, having previously caught them all in Sword and Shield, which I did not care for.

Monster Hunter Rise and Resident Evil 5 (if you don’t mind the racist overtones and 360 era brown graphics) are fun online coop. I’d also poke around the snes classics like Kirby super star if your connection is good enough for the online play there to work well

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It takes two has similar vibes to portal. You're working together to solve puzzles and do some platforming

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oh man yeah I forgot we had done rise for a bit. Could be good to get back into it what with the dlc. I was this close to trying to be a lance main and then Spaltoon came out.

I’ll check out it takes two, and yeah we’ve done a lot of SNES online. Gotta see if he’ll be up for N64 games or not.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Keep in mind the plot for It Takes Two is extremely dumb, and not really in a good way.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Commander Keene posted:

Keep in mind the plot for It Takes Two is extremely dumb, and not really in a good way.

I tried to play it with my wife, and, well, that was kind of sad and we stopped

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Commander Keene posted:

yeah they really needed to take two more looks at it!!!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Mons Hubris posted:

I tried to play it with my wife, and, well, that was kind of sad and we stopped

My wife and I really enjoyed playing it together. Sorry for your loss.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet has co-op and is much better than Sw/Sh if you're game for giving Pokemon another shot.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Commander Keene posted:

Can you spoiler-explain this for me? I'm thinking of getting it, and I don't care about the story or spoilers, but I'm intrigued by your post here.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Can you spoiler-explain this for me? I'm thinking of getting it, and I don't care about the story or spoilers, but I'm intrigued by your post here.

Little girl is upset because her parents are fighting and getting a divorce. She likes to play pretend with dolls she made of her parents and imagine they live in a happy family. She accidentally finds a magic book that transforms the parents into the dolls, who have to work together and settle their differences to get back into their real bodies. The book is a character who makes a lot of horny jokes. Idk I didn’t think the story was bad, it was fun.

Edit: the big draw is the gameplay, co-op where you have to solve puzzles but each chapter has a different gimmick that varies, stuff like platform puzzles or third-person shooter or isometric dungeon crawler RPG a la Diablo.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Dec 15, 2022

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The two divorcing parents get turned into toys and then have to go on adventures to get their daughter to turn them back only they go about this in the absolute most psychotic way possible, including murdering her favorite toy so that she will cry.

Personally I disagree about the "not in a good way" part, I thought it was hilarious.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Regy Rusty posted:

The two divorcing parents get turned into toys and then have to go on adventures to get their daughter to turn them back only they go about this in the absolute most psychotic way possible, including murdering her favorite toy so that she will cry.

Personally I disagree about the "not in a good way" part, I thought it was hilarious.

That was literally the funniest moment in the game. It was amazing.

Edit: I know the Video Game Awards are a joke but It Takes Two was refreshingly original and worthy of winning GOTY.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Was TLOU2 the game all the big sites were celebrating last year? If so I’m glad It Takes 2 beat it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The boss fight at the end of the tree level was fantastic

We've been having a lot of fun but my other half is worse than I am at platforming so there's been a few times I've had to get her past some jumps

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

they call it the switch because you switch it on and have fun

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet has co-op and is much better than Sw/Sh if you're game for giving Pokemon another shot.

I’m really not. Sw/Sh really made it clear that I’ve outgrown the series by a huge margin. That’s a me problem. The series is otherwise fine.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

An Actual Princess posted:

:yeah:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

hatty posted:

Was TLOU2 the game all the big sites were celebrating last year? If so I’m glad It Takes 2 beat it

No, that was the year before and it did win GOTY.

Len posted:

The boss fight at the end of the tree level was fantastic

We've been having a lot of fun but my other half is worse than I am at platforming so there's been a few times I've had to get her past some jumps

Most of the boss fights are great, yeah. I found Moon Baboon to be a real pain in the rear end, though.

The tree level was one of the best levels in general.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I’m really not. Sw/Sh really made it clear that I’ve outgrown the series by a huge margin. That’s a me problem. The series is otherwise fine.

yea I would say Scarlet/Violet IS a much better scene but its also like... Sword/Shield all doped up on steroids in the prob best and def worst possible ways. if SwSh didnt click, I doubt the future of the series holds much value for your finite video games time/money/effort. sounds like youre making the right call.

wizard2 fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 15, 2022

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I hate pokémon and I thought the new ones were actually pretty good. It runs like dogshit but that's just part of the switch experience. Sometimes the overworld feels like a half baked mess that was randomly generated, but it's still a pretty big step up from any other pokémon game

I'm at 150 pokémon in the Pokedex, need to get back and scrounge up some more. I've definitely enjoyed my 30 hours with it or so

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I hated Sw/Sh but thought S/V was great

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I liked it takes two and thought the plot was a cute contrivance to base a very good game around but honestly I dont know if I hated the voice actors or just found it a bummer or what because I never finished it or had any real urge to go back to it

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/nintendeal/status/1603411827077296129?s=46&t=BLB4KKtURMQcl96B860ubA

Wow. Probably worth it!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

As someone who hasn't played a pokemon game in awhile I am enjoying S/V. I wish it didn't run like crap but I don't think I'd feel much different about the game itself if it did manage to run flawlessly. I'm having fun just going around the open world.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
each and every 3DS and Switch Pokemons are literally perfect video games despite forever losing that Gen 1 through 5 magic because thats what my friends and relatives kids play and they are extremely enthusiastic little dudes. I totally acknowledge the series is kind of ridiculous at this point but being around genuine enthusiasm will give you a total respec to your brain and Pokémania is eternal. Im just glad they are too cool for Fortnite :shrug:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I’m not seeing that on the Best Buy site, is it still active?

Oh nevermind, it’s in the overview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

wizard2 posted:

each and every 3DS and Switch Pokemons are literally perfect video games despite forever losing that Gen 1 through 5 magic because thats what my friends and relatives kids play and they are extremely enthusiastic little dudes. I totally acknowledge the series is kind of ridiculous at this point but being around genuine enthusiasm will give you a total respec to your brain and Pokémania is eternal. Im just glad they are too cool for Fortnite :shrug:

i respecced my brain into an anhedonia main and let me tell you: everything sucks and im depressed