Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

birth by sleep is up there as well

Gameplay-wise BBS might be my favorite in the series. They all kick rear end though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I dont really like disney stuff so I bounced of kingdom hearts extremely hard but at some point I wound up just deep diving the plot summaries on youtube and its loving nuts and makes me want to give it another go

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

let goofy swear

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

We don't say"gawrsh" here outside of Commonwealth threads. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

aw frig aw dang it posted:

We don't say"gawrsh" here outside of Commonwealth threads. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I got that PS4 complete collection for like $15 and been meaning to get into it but it seems like a pretty daunting series to dive into

1 is a pretty short and simple game. jump in

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Quite possibly the best Youtube video ever

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hy*ck

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lol

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I got the big KH collection for cheap earlier this year and 100%'d the first game and laughed my rear end off at destroying Sephiroth first try after he'd been such an obstacle to like, 11-year-old me

I started playing KH2 immediately after and I think I was burned out. I gotta return to it sometime soon

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I got the big KH collection for cheap earlier this year and 100%'d the first game and laughed my rear end off at destroying Sephiroth first try after he'd been such an obstacle to like, 11-year-old me

I started playing KH2 immediately after and I think I was burned out. I gotta return to it sometime soon

you get a massive power spike in KH1 when you have leaf bracer, second chance, and MP rage together, you're practically invincible.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

you get a massive power spike in KH1 when you have leaf bracer, second chance, and MP rage together, you're practically invincible.

I only played the initial versions of these games as a kid, so I don't remember if there even was a Leaf Bracer skill as a kid

I had my item slots loaded up with elixirs for Seph and everything like it was about to be a problem

e: I also hadn't grinded out the Ultima Weapon as a kid, that was so beyond my patience

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lmao

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

just got to the desert of death in bof3. Pro Gamer Strat: turn right exactly once when you start so that ryu is facing exactly between the true north star and the false north star. follow that heading the entire way and you'll always find the oasis. :cool:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Joey McChrist posted:

just got to the desert of death in bof3. Pro Gamer Strat: turn right exactly once when you start so that ryu is facing exactly between the true north star and the false north star. follow that heading the entire way and you'll always find the oasis. :cool:

theres a boss fight not long after the desert of death that was literally impossible for me to beat as a child so i never finished the game :(

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

actually that reminds me, early in breath of fire 3 there is a boss fight against these two horrible horse guys that you are supposed to lose - i think it's actually impossible to win, like they have infinite hit points or something - but i didn't know that when i was a kid and just kept angrily hitting reset every time my party died. i was stuck for like a week until finally i just let the game go to what i thought would be the game over screen lol. kids are stupid and it was very hard to figure out games before the internet.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Ironic goofiness is still goofiness.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

the blizzard thread posted:

'Liver' is super bluntly a stand in for the N word.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

actually that reminds me, early in breath of fire 3 there is a boss fight against these two horrible horse guys that you are supposed to lose - i think it's actually impossible to win, like they have infinite hit points or something - but i didn't know that when i was a kid and just kept angrily hitting reset every time my party died. i was stuck for like a week until finally i just let the game go to what i thought would be the game over screen lol. kids are stupid and it was very hard to figure out games before the internet.

lmao. bof3 ftw

actually the whole bof series ftw

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

lobster shirt posted:

that somehow must be worse than the sensation you get when you reach a super hard fight in an RPG and you think "Ah, yes, a mandatory story loss!" and then you see the game over screen.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

lol what in the world

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

( sighs loudly )

Brian Worms
May 29, 2007
What on earth is going on in that thread and how did it get that way?

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

idk but Butthead is doing good work there

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Brian Worms posted:

What on earth is going on in that thread and how did it get that way?

get that way?

buddy it's the blizzlol thread

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
to be fair the thread also poo poo on that post the whole goofy slur thing just reminded me of that

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

to be fair the thread also poo poo on that post the whole goofy slur thing just reminded me of that

the explaining is endorsement guy backed it up though. lmfao

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

elf help book posted:

1 is a pretty short and simple game. jump in

Don't you mean 'simple and clean'...?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

quote:

So did I, and then the cadence and pronunciation made me squint at it and I can't tell if it's under-the-radar lovely or just "dumb white nerd in Irvine who doesn't think about context" lovely-- tell me you can't picture whoever made that card joking about "liver with a hard r" and "I'm alive, I've got an L-word pass"

liver with a hard r

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Good lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

The L Word