Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Foul Fowl posted:

i respecced my brain into an anhedonia main and let me tell you: everything sucks and im depressed

that sucks, dude. Im sorry :(

all I can say is that parenthood changes a person and that Nintendo Switch is ftw with the kids

wizard2 fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Sports Story?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Hello Nintendo thread, here's some old footage from 1990 showing a bit of how they made Super Mario 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo5b0EpChH8&t=183s

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Waltzing Along posted:

Sports Story?
I'm annoyed as hell it still says "Releasing in December 2022" and there is no official date even though December 2022 is half over.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Commander Keene posted:

Keep in mind the plot for It Takes Two is extremely dumb, and not really in a good way.

My main gripe about the plot was it had the "we thought we were right but screwed up and have to scramble to fix it" thing going on, but without the characters themselves realizing it. That's the whole part that makes the later growth earned.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

wizard2 posted:

that sucks, dude. Im sorry :(

all I can say is that parenthood changes a person and that Nintendo Switch is ftw with the kids

My son is 15 months old and without my Switch I wouldn’t have played a single video game in the past 15 months.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Played through Crisis Core; that was a surprisingly short main storyline. I guess I should have done more of the side missions, but ehhh.

also the gackt dude may have been the dullest anime villain i've ever seen, lmao that using his image turned out to be (have been?) a huge copyright issue

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

What's the verdict on D2 for the Switch. The Diablo Prime Evil collection is on sale for $19.79. Considering it for D2 since I already have D3.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
I enjoyed it, Switch parties are max 4 players online which I initially thought was a disadvantage compared to the other platforms, but have come around to it.

Game runs great and looks good and I have fun playing it. I'd recommend it around the $20 price point.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Lol they’re putting the genesis version of Virtua Fighter 2 on the online app

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1603556374478192643

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

anyone know if the front mission remake is any good? Not.familiar with the series

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fuligin posted:

anyone know if the front mission remake is any good? Not.familiar with the series

It's as competent as a low effort outsourced Square port gets!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

hatty posted:

Like every drop they do for these things, my reaction remains the same:

“lol great”

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Fuligin posted:

its solid, and front mission is the finest srpg series in history.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

hatty posted:

Old arcade-type Genesis games are cool.

Virtua Fighter 2 looks like poo poo though lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
sure seems like they're just slowly releasing every game from the switch version of Sega Genesis Classics

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Christ, loving Columns again.

The only redeeming thing is the music, specifically Clotho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=admQ2Ideh0M

I mean, this is perfect music to me. It's got some weird depressing yet exploratory vibe to it that I've found to be unmatched.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Dec 16, 2022

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

An Actual Princess posted:

they call it the switch because you switch it on and have fun
Need to do a hardware mod and put a chunky big toggle switch on the top of it for that ka-thunk switch feeling.
Modern dealies all have little bitty buttons nowadays.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
GameCube had a nice feeling power button, PS1 was my favorite though it had a nice ka-chunk to it

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

my fave power switch will always be those old computer ones that are like a big clunky mechanical switch

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

SNES for me.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Fuligin posted:

The remake has some bugs that will hopefully one day get fixed. The most notable is a bug where missile launchers act as shields so enemy missilers are practically impervious against your missiles.

This shifts the meta to short range weapons like machine guns and melee weapons.

That aside Front Mission is excellent. The game has 2 campaigns where you play as opposite sides of the war so you get to see the same story unfold from both sides.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Are there any good dogfighting games?

I'm itching to play something like Crimson Skies, so arcade over realism.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Inzombiac posted:

Pokémon

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

hatty posted:

GameCube had a nice feeling power button

Yeah it was great, I really liked the 'snap' of the N64 and GameBoy.

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!

Inzombiac posted:

I rather liked Sky Rogue. As the name already is hinting, it's a rogue-lite plane game kiiinda like Ace Combat where you dump a load of missiles into other planes. You can unlock all kinds of planes, weapons and other gear. It's pretty arcadey and fun!

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Inzombiac posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I mean, this is perfect music to me. It's got some weird depressing yet exploratory vibe to it that I've found to be unmatched.

A "weird depressing yet exploratory vibe" is also how doctors described my last colonoscopy.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
my doctors couldn't stop vomiting long enough to get the scope in

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Inzombiac posted:

You need to play Chorus... Like, now. https://youtu.be/czu1k-hcCzM

Edit: dammit, though this was the general recommendation thread. This game is not out on switch. I got nothin.

External Organs fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Dec 16, 2022

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

I've had a bit of fun with red wings.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

glassyalabolas posted:

What's the verdict on D2 for the Switch. The Diablo Prime Evil collection is on sale for $19.79. Considering it for D2 since I already have D3.
Diablo II is only $13ish. Obviously the collection is a better value, but it's strictly cheaper if you already own Diablo III.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

External Organs posted:

You need to play Chorus... Like, now. https://youtu.be/czu1k-hcCzM

Edit: dammit, though this was the general recommendation thread. This game is not out on switch. I got nothin.

Whoa, hell yeah. I do PC gaming as well, so thanks for the rec!

Gonna also try out the other recs. I just love arial combat but there isn't anything that quiiiiiite hits the mark for me.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Columns has a ton of great stuff on the ost. Genesis holding it back is a shame. But there's still some great ideas there. Arabian Jewelry is one of my all time favorites from a SEGA game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vhDDs5XncU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
The Borderlands Legendary collection is currently just $10 in the eshop, which runs generally fine on Switch and is a stupid amount of content for that price. I played through local coop on the whole series with my kid over the course of Covid quarantine, good times.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

playing borderlands with dad sounds kinda cringe

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
or playing it at all imo

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Think I'm just gonna post this every day until I don't have to any more:

Sports Story when?

15 days till end of month. I'm guessing it is just gonna be shadow dropped some day. Just weird they have been so silent about it.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

hatty posted:

Virtua Fighter on a 2D plane looks loving cursed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Thaddius the Large posted:

The Borderlands Legendary collection is currently just $10 in the eshop, which runs generally fine on Switch and is a stupid amount of content for that price. I played through local coop on the whole series with my kid over the course of Covid quarantine, good times.

Do they support gyro?