Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

put him in a cell with the qanon shaman from J6

see which one eats meat first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Zero One posted:

Love that the kid from The OC is testifying to congress on Bitcoin

"mmm what you say?"
-congress

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Love the 'schoolboy reluctantly forced into formal clothing' vibe he has going there.

It looks kinda like he was naked when he was arrested and those were some disguise clothes the cops had in the van

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Wait cops are allowed to arrest you when you're naked? poo poo. All my years of planning the perfect bank heist ruined. :(

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

dr_rat posted:

Wait cops are allowed to arrest you when you're naked? poo poo. All my years of planning the perfect bank heist ruined. :(
They're allowed, the key is to make them not want to.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Splicer posted:

:hmmyes:

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

I too like to invest in companies who share value is almost entirely predicated on the continued delusion that the inextricable figurehead is a real life Tony Stark, when the reality of the events in the last 3 months has been to show that this is all an illusion. Especially when this person has to continually dump his shares just to keep the other - completely unrelated, private company - afloat. I am big genus.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Can someone give me the short version of who she is? I've seen her a few times in this thread but I can't remember why she's important being being a high profile crypto shill.

Some kind of venture capital investor lady?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Cyrano4747 posted:

Can someone give me the short version of who she is? I've seen her a few times in this thread but I can't remember why she's important being being a high profile crypto shill.

Some kind of venture capital investor lady?

She CEO of Ark Capital, and that seems to be about it. Ark capital like to invest in Crypto and Tesla, so yeah being a crypto shill is basically her whole thing as far as I can tell.

naem
May 29, 2011

Tulip Contextia posted:

Nope

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

did someone register an account because of my wacky post of tulips

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

If you post about He Who Shall Not Be Named three times, he'll show up and poo poo himself publicly after paying for the privilege of doing so. This owns the libs because ??? and ???

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

God made it His mission to tell her where to invest

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

dr_rat posted:

She CEO of Ark Capital, and that seems to be about it. Ark capital like to invest in Crypto and Tesla, so yeah being a crypto shill is basically her whole thing as far as I can tell.
Sort of. Ark did pretty well last decade and it seems some financial journalists want to make her in to the next Warren Buffet character.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

naem posted:

did someone register an account because of my wacky post of tulips

Seraph seems to be in the middle of a manic phase and has been making new accounts again. Take your meds Seraph.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Sort of. Ark did pretty well last decade and it seems some financial journalists want to make her in to the next Warren Buffet character.
Cathie Wood is a Jesus freak who got lucky stock picking some tech stocks and crypto before the tech boom. Then Ark got famous for being so "disruptive" and "forward thinking" and everybody poured their money in and lost their shirts when it turned out Cathie Wood wasn't actually a divine reincarnation of stock picking Jesus or whatever.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

FTX did pretty well in the last decade.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

trump nfts

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

moana posted:

Cathie Wood is a Jesus freak

LOL so THATS why she called if Ark.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Cowcaster posted:

trump nfts

A mere two years late to the Apes grift, but good luck to him

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Trumps "Big Announcement" are a bunch of NFTs with his head photoshopped (poorly) onto different bodies.

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1603426785810698246?s=20

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

That rules so hard

Like, it's so bad and cheap even for him

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Tmurop knows these people are seven years into sunk cost on his rear end. Why NOT sell them apes?

If I was going to buy into EVs at this point I would be inclined to buy into the major automakers. Even leaving aside lol at Tesla, they're far from the only game in town, and reports appear to be that other EV makers are just producing better vehicles - maybe not, like, drastically longer range than Tesla's, but just better because... they know how to make cars, and it's now a matter of scaling up EV production.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Squiggle posted:

That rules so hard

Like, it's so bad and cheap even for him

The one with him in the spacesuit kind of makes him look like Joe Biden for some reason. I think it's the sunglasses.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Alright I've changed my mind, now I like nft's

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

koshmar posted:

The one with him in the spacesuit kind of makes him look like Joe Biden for some reason. I think it's the sunglasses.

Sunglasses, hair more white and gray than signature yellow, body less rotund all contribute I think.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Nessus posted:

Tmurop knows these people are seven years into sunk cost on his rear end. Why NOT sell them apes?

If I was going to buy into EVs at this point I would be inclined to buy into the major automakers. Even leaving aside lol at Tesla, they're far from the only game in town, and reports appear to be that other EV makers are just producing better vehicles - maybe not, like, drastically longer range than Tesla's, but just better because... they know how to make cars, and it's now a matter of scaling up EV production.

The best part is he is so late to the NFT party, that NFT market is largely drying up as the Crypto market shudders.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CommieGIR posted:

The best part is he is so late to the NFT party, that NFT market is largely drying up as the Crypto market shudders.

lol if this is the last ever "Major" NFT release. Really would be an appropriately lovely way for NFT's to go out.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

koshmar posted:

Trumps "Big Announcement" are a bunch of NFTs with his head photoshopped (poorly) onto different bodies.

The choice of pictures really says it all:

fighter pilot, cowboy, astronaut, football player.

It's the list of answers you get when you ask a 5 year old boy what they want to be when they grow up.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

koshmar posted:

Jesus Christ even me with loving GIMP could make a better job, this cant be real

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

koshmar posted:

It really does, If I didn't know it was Trump I'd probably think it was Biden if shown it blind.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

koshmar posted:

Lol this rules so hard

Some rich lefties like Chapo Trap House should buy enough to force him to have dinner with them (well not really but still imagine who WILL pay that, lol)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The dale earnhardt trump is my fav

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://twitter.com/liron/status/1603434695189938176

lol you gotta see this. should boost your confidence in bitfinex

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
all my trumps gone

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

He looks like he's about to start crying

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

He looks like a mars attacks motherfucker

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cyrano4747 posted:

The choice of pictures really says it all:

fighter pilot, cowboy, astronaut, football player.

It's the list of answers you get when you ask a 5 year old boy what they want to be when they grow up.

You can get a version of Village People that consists entirely of Trumps.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
now it finally makes sense why he played YMCA at all his rallies

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Splicer posted:

if you're in america they just shoot you if you do this, or anything/nothing else really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Trillhouse posted:

https://twitter.com/liron/status/1603434695189938176

lol you gotta see this. should boost your confidence in bitfinex

just rolling her eyes at the lies