Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

I Before E posted:

To be fair, a guy being dumb is one of the foundational human stories

Odysseus was a huge dumbass, just bone stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Believe it or not people remember things from a month ago and it being in the past doesn't make it not nonsensical. Lance's idea is bad but not worse than what actually happened

It's much more nonsensical.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Believe it or not people remember things from a month ago and it being in the past doesn't make it not nonsensical. Lance's idea is bad but not worse than what actually happened

What? It's significantly worse than what actually happened.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

disaster pastor posted:

What? It's significantly worse than what actually happened.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gaz L

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
MJF being able to brag than Big Tony is in his pocket is better than whatever the hell they tried to do with Regal that read less like an exit plan than 3 different scripts getting mixed together. Like, MJF winning clean and then killing Regal after he cuts a promo putting Max over for proving him wrong would've been 10 times smarter, obviously. Lance Storm's idea isn't great, but it's at least coherent, which is better than what actually happened.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Regal plotting was super clunky, but seems to have largely achieved its intended goals of getting heat back on MJF, keeping BCC together as a unit and letting Regal leave the company on a positive note. That makes it an infinitely better idea than having the owner of the company insert himself into the story to an unprecedented degree to help a heel cheat and then disappear.

Here’s a handy metric for determining if a story idea is worse than “Tony helps MJF win the title”: does it kill MJF’s title reign before it even starts? If the answer is no, then it’s a better idea

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lance got that TNA brain

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

MJF being able to brag than Big Tony is in his pocket is better than whatever the hell they tried to do with Regal that read less like an exit plan than 3 different scripts getting mixed together. Like, MJF winning clean and then killing Regal after he cuts a promo putting Max over for proving him wrong would've been 10 times smarter, obviously. Lance Storm's idea isn't great, but it's at least coherent, which is better than what actually happened.

Turning Tony heel is 100% not better than that.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

there's nothing really all that illogical to the regal thing. regal saw a guy that reminded him of himself, thought he could mold him, and was betrayed because max was even worse than he had assumed

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Bonk posted:

So this is pretty rad, I've got an investigative report segment at the end of this week's Open the Voice Gate about K-Jax from Ryukyu Dragon in Okinawa. He's got a pretty cool story.

https://redcircle.com/shows/open-the-voice-gate or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ_IsYvyIWU (my part starts around 1:54:48)

I'm not even a real journalism. :v:

Congrats! Ryukyu Dragon is a nice little promotion that features one of my favourite joshi wrestlers Hibiscus Mi

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 14, 2022

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I gotta say as soon as TK is involved on tv beyond making a big face when a heel’s music interrupts an announcement I’m gonna lose interest.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
I don't want Tony on TV very often but he has to take a bump at some point.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I don't want Tony on TV very often but he has to take a bump at some point.

he takes bumps every night

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Wracking my brain to try to figure out who Dave’s friend who Vince was forced to fire due to allegations 15-20 years ago.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Lance's (friend's) idea about how to "fix" the William Regal storyline was insanely bad :lol:

Have Tony Khan come out and give the brass knucks to MJF instead of Regal doing it, then Tony just.... goes away and isn't on television at all.

Said it before, said it again – Lance's haughty Canadian uptalk makes his bad booking takes, which were already terrible, even worse.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Alaois posted:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Alaois posted:

lol

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

D.N. Nation posted:

Said it before, said it again – Lance's haughty Canadian uptalk makes his bad booking takes, which were already terrible, even worse.

More like Lance Valley

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

im sorry his what?!?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

haughty Canadian uptalk

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Lance is basically the adult version of Caillou

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Suplex Liberace posted:

im sorry his what?!?

When your voice goes up at the end of all your sentences like you are asking a question

But maple

Edit: haughty canadian uptalk is a good name for a pub trivia team or something

Not a band

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

More like Lance Valley

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

rotinaj posted:

When your voice goes up at the end of all your sentences like you are asking a question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9RLvYaSnFw

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The W. Morrissey vs. Big Bill debate will never get old.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
it's short for bigoted

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

"This is Big Bill, and he is 2 metres high and you can't learn that"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nyeeeeeh. what's up, talk?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

it's short for bigoted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_7WwPkqqvA

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Gaz-L posted:

"This is Big Bill, and he is 2 metres high and you can't learn that"

Yeah but that’s because Americans don’t use the metric system.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Edward Mass posted:

It’s a pointless debate because Big Bill is the best wrestling name of all time.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Repackage Satnam Singh as Bigger Bill imo

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The_Rob posted:

It’s a pointless debate because W. Morrissey is the worst wrestling name of all time.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
The Big Dub

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Freakish Willy

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Big Bill!
Gave 'em a thrill
Big Bill!
Sold 'em a bill
Big Bill!
Who'd wanna kill
A man of good will like-
Big Bill

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Now's your chance to be a Big Bill.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The answer is Leon Czolgosz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Sorry bud. It tells you everything you need to know about him in two syllables. He’s big and he’s bill.