Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Nitrousoxide posted:

Momentum is an amazing perk. Probably S-Tier for me. The Eviscerator also has a side swipe heavy attack that will almost surely hit 3+ baddies so it's super easy to proc.

I'd rate the cleave blessings as higher, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

trip report: powersword still fucks

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Spanish Manlove posted:

I did find a 360~ grey eviscerator and then upgraded it to this. So like the damage and penetration are ok but not perfect and the other numbers there are pretty dang good. Everything else is useful but not perfect but I also wondered about the bloodletter perk. I figured I could use it with the crit chance on bleeding enemies thing and the perk that reduces the cooldown on the charge for crits

IDK if this is good but it's been really fun
If you swap that sprint efficiency perk with +20% damage versus Flak then you have a real solid workhorse in your hands.

skaianDestiny posted:

I'd rate the cleave blessings as higher, personally.
Why not replace Bloodletter instead then? I can't really think of any use case where that blessing would be useful on an Eviscerator, while Momentum is always handy to have in a pinch.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nitrousoxide posted:

Momentum is an amazing perk. Probably S-Tier for me. The Eviscerator also has a side swipe heavy attack that will almost surely hit 3+ baddies so it's super easy to proc.

skaianDestiny posted:

When blessing changing gets added I'd switch out Momentum with a cleave blessing like Wrath or Savage Sweep (I prefer the latter). Getting more toughness on multiple hit isn't as good as just straight killing them and getting toughness anyway. You're able to cleave 4+ targets at 75% cleave stat so max stack Wrath gives you about 6-8 cleave and Savage Sweep gives 8-12 cleave.

Bloodletter looks real neat but given Eviscerator can kill most non-ogryns with a special attack you'll probably only really see use against ogryns.

I'd also switch out the sprint speed perk in exchange for something else.

Otherwise that's a really nice Eviscerator.

Exodee posted:

If you swap that sprint efficiency perk with +20% damage versus Flak then you have a real solid workhorse in your hands.

Why not replace Bloodletter instead then? I can't really think of any use case where that blessing would be useful on an Eviscerator, while Momentum is always handy to have in a pinch.

Cool, I swapped out the sprint efficiency for +damage to flak, and I'm still on the fence about which of the other two to swap out when that's available. IDK how bleed procs and crits work where what happens first? But that bleed is probably what's going to get swapped out

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

IronicDongz posted:

if people were this good at learning things and correcting their behavior gamers would look up when entering new rooms in literally any game ever

Ftfy. Looking behind them is another one.

Or reading patch notes themselves.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Jerkface posted:

trip report: powersword still fucks

Yes it does. I haven’t noticed much of a difference.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

it doesnt help that by far the best class is also the most thematically boring. the veteran's F is just 'press to do what you always do but better', it doesnt have any tactical considerations beyond 'am i about to shoot guys'

my veteran was my first 30 (mostly bc it was the one my friends werent all already playing like psyker) and its fun but also like, totally stock. it is weird to have the vanilla option be the strongest by such a long way. it should be the reliable option, yeah, but not the top tier option.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
oh it's just the perk part of crafting, not the blessing part yet. welp.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!
Random question; do we know how the whole 'adding a blessing of your choice' thing is going to work yet? If it'll be a case of replacing a current blessing or not? Because I have a few strong greens that I've not upgraded yet for fear doing so might lock me out of tailoring their blessings once that becomes an option.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
Looks like there was a stealth nerf to psykers: If you hit 100 peril, quell to only 90-97 peril and hit 100 again it'll force you to wait a few seconds before you can quell again. No more riding the line, now you have to stall longer before brain bursts, force sword specials, surge staff, etc.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Spanish Manlove posted:

I did find a 360~ grey eviscerator and then upgraded it to this. So like the damage and penetration are ok but not perfect and the other numbers there are pretty dang good. Everything else is useful but not perfect but I also wondered about the bloodletter perk. I figured I could use it with the crit chance on bleeding enemies thing and the perk that reduces the cooldown on the charge for crits

IDK if this is good but it's been really fun

Longshot but I'm assuming it only really works for special attacks and not heavies which (if the SFX are to be believed) also rev the chain?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Pesterchum posted:

Looks like there was a stealth nerf to psykers: If you hit 100 peril, quell to only 90-97 peril and hit 100 again it'll force you to wait a few seconds before you can quell again. No more riding the line, now you have to stall longer before brain bursts, force sword specials, surge staff, etc.

whaaat - that makes psyker pretty unplayable or at least definitely worse than every other class when it was already right on the edge

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Glad they finally addressed how overpowered psyker was (?)

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

is fatshark one of those dev teams where they're poo poo at their own game and dont play above malice? it would explain why they think psyker is fine

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Soooo did the patch get activated? I cant see any new weapons

Did the buffs/nerfs go through?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I played 4 games and I had no crashes. Performance was a bit iffy on the last mission but I believe it was because one of those modifiers that makes extra big hordes.
I also got my first power sword, which was a white one I had to upgrade :/

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

fatsharks ability to trip over their own dicks and piss people off for no reason at all is so impressive.

while this is a fantastic submission it is unfortunately too long for a thread title

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Zzulu posted:

I think the weapons didn't get added yet, it's a backend thing. At least that's what someone said a few hours back.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Zzulu posted:

The new weapons aren't in yet because that's one of the things they need to bring the game down for to patch on their end. But they're too polite to boot everyone from the game so they're waiting until enough people leave to do it.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Pesterchum posted:

oh poo poo it's true

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/zmphb8/they_actually_took_the_time_to_nerf_psykers/

wow, this sucks

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
As a Psyker main I'm looking on the bright side that the wave of community backlash will start the buffs coming their way.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i changed my mind, psyker is overpowered and these nerfs were long overdue

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Also this perk refinement seems kinda stupidly tedious, after 20 rerolls the cost ends up being free (hard to tell if intended because fatshark) so what happens is you just click the reroll button a few hundred times until you get the perk you want, tier 4 perks seem exceedingly rare.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

they explicitly said that rerolls on perks were supposed to be finite so i can nearly guarantee having infinite ones for free is 100% unintended

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Also this perk refinement seems kinda stupidly tedious, after 20 rerolls the cost ends up being free (hard to tell if intended because fatshark) so what happens is you just click the reroll button a few hundred times until you get the perk you want, tier 4 perks seem exceedingly rare.

That's what I did! +5% toughness took like 60 rolls. But if it's free, I might as well click until I get what I'm looking for while the store refreshes.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Well, if you are paying for 20 rerolls, it's fair you finally get free picking the perk of your choice.

Bored Grunt
Nov 8, 2009

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain
Guess it's good I was starting to get a little bored of the psyker. Any suggestions on what to try next if I want to feel powerful/useful in pugs?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Republicans posted:

The new weapons aren't in yet because that's one of the things they need to bring the game down for to patch on their end. But they're too polite to boot everyone from the game so they're waiting until enough people leave to do it.

Well I just saw a preacher with a power maul so I guess the new weapons are in now?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Weapons are up; just got an Ogryn club.

It's a worse thunder hammer :negative:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Zzulu posted:

Well I just saw a preacher with a power maul so I guess the new weapons are in now?

Yeah I saw one too.

3 hours to get 4 more scrips....

Edit - I'm starting to get the hang of the plasma but I can't shake the feeling I could be doing the same thing with a bolter and much more easily.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

they explicitly said that rerolls on perks were supposed to be finite so i can nearly guarantee having infinite ones for free is 100% unintended

Yeah, it's very weird. I'll take it but it seems like the complete opposite of every crafting system that is RNG based.

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
So how long until they reboot the backend and we see the new items?

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
new bonk stick for ogryn is pretty good. sweeps crowds like the thunder hammer, feels nice with the bleed perks.

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

TBF that's exactly how it worked in Vermintide 2, except with nominal resource costs. Spam reroll until you got crit chance, attack speed, and Swift Slaying was my go-to there.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
So bought a decent blue level crusher and tried it out in the training area. Feels like a thunder hammer but has the bonus of having an AOE stagger on charged hit. Seems to trade off some of the massive single target damage for that AOE, but I like it

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Cowcaster posted:

Lmao

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Is this new map actually in the game? Been playing 2 hours and not seen it pop up

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The plasma feels so good now

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mega Comrade posted:

Is this new map actually in the game? Been playing 2 hours and not seen it pop up

It sounds like they only just did whatever on the backend to activate all the new weapons and presumably maps and conditions not that long ago so you wouldn't have seen them yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Can someone braver than me try the new heavy swords and see if they're good now