Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broadlybrowsing
Jul 5, 2021
Does anyone like the new closer camera? I found it was way harder to take on stuff that swarms you and eventually switched it off. I think the new spell system will be cool, I just need to get my muscle memory going. Using the ‘adrenaline to cast signs’ talent, it is pretty cool to seamlessly cast two different spells back to back.

I also think the new armor you get in vizima looks so stupid, especially early game. You need to wear a torn up, stripped shirt early in velen, as god intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I think with the new infinite stamina outside of combat thing I’m just gonna run everywhere, because the less time spent on Roach the better. God what a terrible mount Roach is

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

NieR Occomata posted:

God what a terrible mount Roach is

:mods:???

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/xLetalis/status/1603112163408855042?t=MltMyxfkWH8x0o5TKN7V7Q&s=19

Vivienne still dead, still watches you while dead.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Broadlybrowsing posted:

Does anyone like the new closer camera? I found it was way harder to take on stuff that swarms you and eventually switched it off.

Turned it back to default as well. I never understood the God of War style camera as it just blocks so much of the screen with the character model. If I want they want to give a more close in experience, give us an FPS mode like CP2077.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Well I got to Novigrad and I'm unhappy to report Priscillas song is still bugged on PC.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
I hit a 6 year old bug trying to do lady in the well but other than that the game is great

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
I uninstalled all my mods, then tried to repair the installation but I still can’t get the PC version to start. I want to transfer my save to my PS5. Argh. Maybe I’ll try just deleting my installation entirely.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Where do you grind levels? I’m lvl1 and the lvl3 well lady kicks my rear end. I guess I need more levels before facing it.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

NieR Occomata posted:

I think with the new infinite stamina outside of combat thing I’m just gonna run everywhere, because the less time spent on Roach the better. God what a terrible mount Roach is

This is what I've done on my last two playthroughs, only now I suppose I won't need the werewolf decoction to pull it off

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Ihmemies posted:

Where do you grind levels? I’m lvl1 and the lvl3 well lady kicks my rear end. I guess I need more levels before facing it.

Do other quests for XP, and find the places of power that give you skill points. Use skill points to beef up light or heavy attacks early on (remember to 'equip' the stuff you're putting points into, which is pretty limited at first)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah I don't remember ever having to grind, I feel like there was always a quest that was appropriate for my level at any given time in the game. Just come back to it later imo, the game offers you a lot of things to do, no need to pad out your time grinding

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I did kinda wonder if they tweaked the XP system at all, originally on the PS4 by the time I was halfway through Velen I had out leveled half the quests available so they'd only reward like 10XP each or whatever and this weird imbalance was the norm for the rest of the game

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

So in this new edition what still are your go to mods to improve the experience?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Auto apply oils, quests always give full xp are must have for me.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
So far the only mod I've installed is AutoLoot Configurable All-in-One

It doesn't work on the latest patch and the creator has closed their account, but the top comment has a github link with a fixed version for next-gen patch. https://github.com/yanos224/W3-autoloot-nextgen. The files need to go in the game directory (Witcher 3\mods\modAutoLootMenu), then follow the instructions on the nexusmods page.

It has an in-game menu with item filters, but right now I'm only using to to auto loot herbs. Every few seconds any herbs within a few meters get sucked into Geralt's pockets.

The author of the github doesn't want to post it on nexus mods "in case the original mod creator comes back". But I don't think someone who closed their account is coming back.

Squatch Ambassador fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 15, 2022

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

In grand Witcher tradition people are cranking all the settings to max and whining that the game is broken because it doesn't run well when they do that

I remember when Witcher 2 let you turn on supersampling and people complained because their system couldn't actually handle 4k in 2011

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I use Better Torches for torch use on horseback. With RT on these forests are dark af. The quest objectives mod got an update yesterday. And then names from the path and grammar of the path. I might add a few more tonight.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Tiny Timbs posted:

In grand Witcher tradition people are cranking all the settings to max and whining that the game is broken because it doesn't run well when they do that

I remember when Witcher 2 let you turn on supersampling and people complained because their system couldn't actually handle 4k in 2011

No friend. Their method of shoehorning DX12 features in is apparently very inefficient and bringing even modern systems to their knees. People with the latest CPUs like a 5800x3d still struggle to get over 60fps in certain locations.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Ihmemies posted:

Weeellll, you could go to White Orchard into the cow pen near the entrance you came in first, kill the cows, loot the cows (for some extra cash), meditate for a couple of hours to make the cows respawn, rinse and repeat until you're up a level or two (and got some starter money).

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I really wish the ps5 version allowed for mods, because I’m already tempted with that infinite carrying capacity one, and yeah god would auto reapplying oils be such a time save.

I forgot just how much busywork and menu fuckery there is in Witcher 3. I just adore how naturalistic and well-done the dialog and character/world building is in this game, it’s seriously second to none, but Christ alive is Witcher 3 just a chore to actually…play. It really is. So much time spent in crafting menus trying desperately to figure out how to make what I need to make what I need, or trying to figure out what poo poo I want to keep versus sell, so much awkward movement and having to park Geralts slow weird drunk rear end so he doesn’t accidentally turn a candle off instead of loot the body you want looted. So much time spent running away from town guards because I accidentally looted something when I meant to just pick an herb or something. It’s a game that’s incredible despite the fact that quite literally every gameplay mechanic is somehow designed to be as irritating and confrontationally tedious as possible.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Just Chamber posted:

So in this new edition what still are your go to mods to improve the experience?

I installed a mod that turns traits into passives because I never liked the slot system.

Tiny Timbs posted:

I guess I just expected to be able to run max settings as I could with cyberpunk. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Just Chamber posted:

What's that one that disables the loading Dandelion summaries? Because that one.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Tiny Timbs posted:

Is there also someone bringing up downgrades and comparing it to Colonial Marines? That would give it that authentic 2015 zest.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wait for the reshade presets to bring you back that "authentic" E3 demo vaseline smear.

Meanwhile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOnnxdrJ77Y

Raytracing makes everything so lifelike

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 15, 2022

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Nobody Interesting posted:

What's that one that disables the loading Dandelion summaries? Because that one.

found it Fast Launch(the file name is SkippySkippy :v:), it also auto skips the opening video

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

cheesetriangles posted:

Auto apply oils, quests always give full xp are must have for me.

Oils really should have been equipment and not consumable.

I would also get the one that improves drop rates for reagents Increased Creature Loot. There's 100+ hours just of the actual game, you don't want to be spending a dozen of them killing the same enemies over and over hoping for the magic reagents to finally drop.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

These things are dumb as poo poo and I love them. :allears:

Brian Worms
May 29, 2007
What's the trick to claiming the ps5 upgrade? I've got the ps4 disc in the console right now but it still wants me to buy the upgraded version for thirty bucks.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Finally diving into this game. I love it. One thing that I especially love is how quick and punchy the dialogue is. I've been playing RPGs lately where the writers believe that "funny= more words" and the voice actors believe that "acting= talking really loudly and slowly." Geralt's jokes are all just "ugh, gently caress this" out-of-hand dismissals.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

cheesetriangles posted:

I'm close to done the main quest in Velen and I'm just fully sucked into the game again.

I loaded up the game to see the upgrade in action, worked my through the inn, was starting to head to the garrison to follow up on trying to find Yennefer when I suddenly froze and realized I was on the precipice of another Witcher sinkhole that would drag me in and take up every free moment of my time again. I have a backlog I want to clear, and I know this game has too tight a grip on me, so I saved the game, uninstalled and I will only allow myself to come back to it when I've cleared through some other games and can invest the time in just being all Witcher all the time again.

Hardest choice anybody has ever had to make ever in the history of the entire universe :smith:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Brian Worms posted:

What's the trick to claiming the ps5 upgrade? I've got the ps4 disc in the console right now but it still wants me to buy the upgraded version for thirty bucks.

on the store keep clicking the little 3 buttons till it takes you to the right version, it might seem like a loop but keep doing it

its dumb

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009
Quick casting with signs is such a game changer holy poo poo

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Anyone know if the better trophies mod still works?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Anyone know if the better trophies mod still works?

It does, works just as before

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Helith posted:

It does, works just as before

Thanks!

e: count me as a fan of the sign quickcasting

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 16, 2022

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Sorry if I'm the millionth person to ask but before I fire this bad boy up - has it broken mods generally? If it has I guess I'll give it a few months.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Sorry if I'm the millionth person to ask but before I fire this bad boy up - has it broken mods generally? If it has I guess I'll give it a few months.

Yes, but it seems to be a trivial fix for most mods. All the mods mentioned on this page have 4.0 compatible versions up on Nexus mods already.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Yeah 90% of the mods I use have already been updated/didn’t need an update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

cheesetriangles posted:

Well I got to Novigrad and I'm unhappy to report Priscillas song is still bugged on PC.

If you mean it sounds like she's an amateur reaching for a chord every chord change, that's not a bug, you're just having performance issues.