Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

acksplode posted:

I played the first hour or so yesterday evening, long enough to get the grapple and dodge, and that's how I'd put it so far. It plays well and the grapple is fun to use. It's still very early and apparently it keeps opening up with more movement options. Whether you like or love it is gonna come down to how much you want to be a character in a really long episode of Rickenmorty. The chatter isn't wearing on me yet, but it's only gotten one real laugh out of me so far: there's a moment where a character is about to tell me what button to push to run, and they give up in exasperation because I'm on PC and they have no clue what input I'm using. It was a good line read.

RE: High On Life

i've played through the first boss, and so far the chatter is the worst part of the humor, but a couple of actual jokes got me:

1) a kid tries to bully you from proceeding down a tunnel, and trying to shoot him doesn't work as the gun doesn't want to, but then you pull the trigger again and the gun is like FINE I GUESS HERE WE GO YEP YOU KILLED HIM and then you pop an achievement that says something like Fallout Doesn't Let You Do This. later on it softens it by saying the kid was actually like 30 and a known rear end in a top hat, but still funny
2) at some point in the middle of a fight, i killed an enemy and the one beside him just screams OH NO HE KILLED TODD and that got me
3) after you kill the first boss, her clone is hanging upside down and says she is also evil and will take over the branch of her gang, but that she is grateful and will be cool with you and call her goons off from attacking you in the future, but i chose to blast her anyway and then an achievement pops that says something akin to Secret Boss Killed, I Guess? i thought that was funnyish

i know next to nothing about rick and morty aside from finding its fans obnoxious and couldn't get through the first episode when i tried it some years ago, but i'll probably go back to the game at some point, but i will pick the option to turn off the constant chatter. i barely hear all that anyway as i usually have the volume low with a sleeping baby in the house.

it's a fine gamepass game, definitely for those of us who like B-game FPSes that don't take forever to play through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Disco Elysium is on sale for 18 bucks, hell yeah

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

I’ve almost completed Deathloop, the endgame has been a total chore though. Shame.

So many good concepts that weren’t totally built out. It all feels a bit underbaked, which is a shame as it has so much going for it.

I’m excited to try Prey next though. Thank you Game Pass. :3:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

yung lambic posted:

I’ve almost completed Deathloop, the endgame has been a total chore though. Shame.

So many good concepts that weren’t totally built out. It all feels a bit underbaked, which is a shame as it has so much going for it.

Yeah Deathloop is a great premise with middling execution, I think covid might've hit development pretty hard. Prey is vastly better despite having lame enemies and bad combat, have fun with it. My advice is go for a stealth build to sidestep combat, and avoid hacking. It's often a shortcut around exploration, which is where the game truly shines.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

it's the most wonderful time of the year :allears:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Zat posted:

All Remedy games except Quantum Break are good. Of course, I don't consider the CrossfireX singleplayer mode a Remedy game.

Somewhere buried in a cbs tv show quantum break has some fun combat. I’m sure some lessons learned were ported into Control, which is funny cause that game could definitely be a tv show.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

yung lambic posted:

Can't believe how many people said Deathloop was GOTY or 10/10. It was a very ok game that I didn't bother finishing.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soul Glo posted:

RE: High On Life

i've played through the first boss, and so far the chatter is the worst part of the humor, but a couple of actual jokes got me:

1) a kid tries to bully you from proceeding down a tunnel, and trying to shoot him doesn't work as the gun doesn't want to, but then you pull the trigger again and the gun is like FINE I GUESS HERE WE GO YEP YOU KILLED HIM and then you pop an achievement that says something like Fallout Doesn't Let You Do This. later on it softens it by saying the kid was actually like 30 and a known rear end in a top hat, but still funny
2) at some point in the middle of a fight, i killed an enemy and the one beside him just screams OH NO HE KILLED TODD and that got me
3) after you kill the first boss, her clone is hanging upside down and says she is also evil and will take over the branch of her gang, but that she is grateful and will be cool with you and call her goons off from attacking you in the future, but i chose to blast her anyway and then an achievement pops that says something akin to Secret Boss Killed, I Guess? i thought that was funnyish

i know next to nothing about rick and morty aside from finding its fans obnoxious and couldn't get through the first episode when i tried it some years ago, but i'll probably go back to the game at some point, but i will pick the option to turn off the constant chatter. i barely hear all that anyway as i usually have the volume low with a sleeping baby in the house.

it's a fine gamepass game, definitely for those of us who like B-game FPSes that don't take forever to play through.

so the game was made by people who didn't even play fallout 1 and 2. smdh

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

Dunno why they should have to play bad games

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Barudak posted:

Dunno why they should have to play bad games

They were too busy making one

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.

Larry Parrish posted:

I’m gonna take a stab and guess that this game is not targeted for olds who played/remembered Fallout 1 and 2

That being said as an old I am enjoying High on Life. Would never buy it, but as a Gamepass game it’s fun! The amount of hate on this game in these forums is pretty funny

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

prom candy posted:

Can't believe how many people said Deathloop was GOTY or 10/10. It was a very ok game that I didn't bother finishing.

That was when it was on launch when it was a sony "exclusive". It's nowhere near being goty but it was good and I liked it. Prey is so much better though, that was my GOTY last year in fact.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think people were really desperate for like any major release because it was right in the middle of covid-affected development cycles

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Boy of Joy posted:

I’m gonna take a stab and guess that this game is not targeted for olds who played/remembered Fallout 1 and 2

I would go with "you don't put unnecessary footnotes on jokes, if you played fallout 1 and 2 then you know which fallout they're referring to when they say fallout doesn't let you kill kids"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlu5C0PT4kQ

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I tried a bit of High on Life on PC and it makes me queasy, I dunno if it is the settings or what but it seems to run kinda lovely on a fairly top end gaming PC. Maybe I need a gpu driver update or something. Just doesn't feel pleasant to play.

Also not being able to skip the banter is a big red x for me. I'm fine with the roiland stuff just sometimes I wanna get to the point already.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

External Organs posted:

Disco Elysium is on sale for 18 bucks, hell yeah

gently caress yes, been waiting a while for this one

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I said come in! posted:

High on Life sounds like an actual competent game that is just average at best.

It's actually teetering on being a really good game but falls short in some areas. The mobility and guns are legit great but the level design and enemies can't always keep up.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

this twweet is copium and fail

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

it's the most wonderful time of the year :allears:

hell yes

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

this twweet is copium and fail

It's actually a good game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

xbox does need an exclusive every month or two, or even six

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh You were talking about gamepass nm. Yeah at least there's some cool looking stuff coming up. I dunno if Atomic Heart will be any good but I wanna play it. Same with Wo long. And it looks like I get to make another failed attempt at trying to like Monster Hunter and Persona.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

xbox does need an exclusive every month or two, or even six
Nah.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That's good since Xbox hasn't had an exclusive since the first term of the Obama administration.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

I bought both the Godfather and Scarface game for PC a couple years after they came out and they both were nightmares to setup and still didn't work after a couple hours of effort.

I think if I ever want to emulate them (because clearly there will be no alternative) I hear the Wii edition of The Godfather really goes all-in on the motion controls.
Godfather 1 PC isn't compatibile out of the box with modern Windows due to how they did the FMV bits. Grab SilentPatch and throw the files into the install folder to fix everything.

Professor Beetus posted:

Yeah, it had goofy poo poo like "shake the wii mote to rough up the shopkeeper and get him to pay up." You also got voice acting from James Caan and Robert Duvall. One of the best uses of licensing of all time, imo.
The PC version has the same "blackhand" control system, but it's tied to the mouse for analog punch-ups. Works alright.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
So Starfield is probably being delayed to fall '23 right? If it were still coming in the 1st half of '23 then we should have gotten a release date by now. Lol that we're already past its original release date with no hint of where it's at.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Potentially, sure, but there's an argument to be made it does nothing but benefit them to refuse to place an exact date on it until they're completely positive it's a date they can make. If you say right now "March 12, 2023" and then gently caress up and delay it, that's a problem, but if you wait until February to say "June 12, 2023" and make that date, then all's well.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Bethesda will definitely tweet a jpeg early next year.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Probably after Xbox announces game pass and/or console price increases

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

prom candy posted:

Yeah, I like a lot about it and got pretty far in, but like said above, the endgame just felt tedious. I knew exactly the places and things and order to do the different things, but it just felt like too much work and not fun.

Prey is probably one of my all-time favorite games though. Certainly has flaws, but most I can overlook for the fun I had in it.

I got midway through the jungle area in High on Life and doubt I will keep playing. I've never seen Rick and Morty, so maybe that plays into it, but the humor just feels a little too in your face and edgy for my tastes. It reminds me of when I was in middle and high school telling dead baby jokes and stuff. And there's definitely a sense of almost a laugh track where each thing said almost feels like the writer elbowing me in the side saying "haha, that's funny, right". Aside from that content, the gameplay just feels mediocre. Environment variety is bright and nice, but the enemies all seem the same, lack any real interesting tactics and fighting styles and the different mods and things I've seen or read about don't really seem to change things up much. I just find myself not really eager to pick it back up and with plenty of other high-quality things that I'd rather spend my time with.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I think Todd said recently that they probably could have hit November, but it'd be a bit risky in terms of rough spots and crunch and such. So taking into account Todd's, uh, reputation, I'm gonna say sometime in the first half of the year. Probably May.

I checked SteamDB since it exposes internal store release dates that may not have been announced or publicly exposed on the Steam Store page yet, but Microsoft was one step ahead of me - they set it to a placeholder of December 29 2023.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

veni veni veni posted:

It's actually teetering on being a really good game but falls short in some areas. The mobility and guns are legit great but the level design and enemies can't always keep up.

I'm feeling this way, it's a middling shooter but the full package kind of elevates it. Just some weird absurdist set pieces when they don't go for the low hanging fruit, like Being able to sit in your living room and watch Tammy and TRex in its entirety or almost 3 hours of new interdimensional cable, or even sitting in a movie theater and watching Demonwings while the RLM guys riff on it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/slashdot/status/1603772278528884736

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Microsoft coming for all the mindshare

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Outer Worlds 2 is going to be nuts.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The Kins posted:

I think Todd said recently that they probably could have hit November, but it'd be a bit risky in terms of rough spots and crunch and such. So taking into account Todd's, uh, reputation, I'm gonna say sometime in the first half of the year. Probably May.

I checked SteamDB since it exposes internal store release dates that may not have been announced or publicly exposed on the Steam Store page yet, but Microsoft was one step ahead of me - they set it to a placeholder of December 29 2023.

Diablo IV, set for June next year, apparently is gonna come in hot with missing features or missing sections of gameplay. And the devs need to do extreme crunching to hit that date.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

How the heck do I start the new Vampire Survivors DLC? It updated yesterday, but when I open it, it's just the same game as before. Nothing new, all unlocks complete etc.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I had to force download it from the store.
The web store for pc even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sywert of Thieves posted:

How the heck do I start the new Vampire Survivors DLC? It updated yesterday, but when I open it, it's just the same game as before. Nothing new, all unlocks complete etc.
Double-check the game's updated to v1.2. If you're updated, Mt. Moonspell will appear in the stage select if you've unlocked Inlaid Library, and 17 new entries should be in the unlocks menu.