Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

mandatory lesbian posted:

For old times sake tell me how much u hate gatomon, let me feel

Gatomon is so bad, it's a catastrophe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Nodosaur posted:

:golfclap:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

:carol:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

quote:

SkullKnightmon (EX4-040) C <02>
Champion | Virus | Undead/Twilight

[On Play] If you don't have [Nene Amano] in play, you may play 1 [Nene Amano] from your hand without paying the cost.
[On Deletion] Reveal the top card of your deck. If that card has the [Blue Flare] or [Twilight] trait, add it to your hand. Trash the rest.
-----
Inherited: <Reboot>

quote:

DeadlyAxemon (EX4-041) C <02>
Champion | Virus | Dark Animal/Twilight

[On Play] By trashing 1 card with the [Blue Flare] or [Twilight] trait in your hand, <Draw 2>.
[On Deletion] Reveal the top card of your deck. If that card has the [Blue Flare] or [Twilight] trait, add it to your hand. Trash the rest.
-----
Inherited: [All Turns] This Digimon gets +1000 DP.

I like these cards and DarkKnightmon needs the help, but man, I really just want to be done with Xros Wars support.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
gatomon is a little kitty, and thus is good

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Speaking of cats Ghost Game 55: :catdrugs:

Next episode: I have no idea what Digimon it might be next time. Weird mud dolls dropping out of Leliel doesn't ring a bell.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Ghost Game - God I loved how ridiculous this episode was. The longer Ghost Game goes on, the more hosed up moments happen. Imagine some 7yo kid watching this show about cats controlling people to dig their own graves.

Love it.

After the disappointment of 2020, I love the Ghost Game series. If it had a bit more of an overarching plot, it would be top tier.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Andrew_1985 posted:

Ghost Game - God I loved how ridiculous this episode was. The longer Ghost Game goes on, the more hosed up moments happen. Imagine some 7yo kid watching this show about cats controlling people to dig their own graves.

Love it.

After the disappointment of 2020, I love the Ghost Game series. If it had a bit more of an overarching plot, it would be top tier.

It's top tier even without an overarching plot. Unless it starts to poo poo the bed near the end of the show - whenever that winds up happening - I expect this to be one of my favorite Digimon shows period, top three for sure.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

/
Aonuma Kiriha & Amano Nene EX4-062 R <02>
| Blue Flare / Twilight |

This card/Tamer is also considered as [Aonuma Kiriha]/[Amano Nene].

[Start of Your Main Phase] If there are 2 or more Digimon, gain 1 memory.

[All Turns] When you would play 1 Digimon card with [Blue Flare] or [Twilight] in traits, and with a DigiXros requirement, by suspending this Tamer, you may also place 1 card from the bottom of your Tamers and 1 card from your trash at digivolution sources for DigiXros.
---
[Security] Play this card without paying its memory cost.
They really tie the team together but the deck still looks bad

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

All the pieces are there, the trouble is that Grey Knightsmon is just terrible so the payoff isn't worth it.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Yah I could see that card getting used in DKM or Blue Flare potentially but lol GreyKnights is not going to be a thing.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

It's top tier even without an overarching plot. Unless it starts to poo poo the bed near the end of the show - whenever that winds up happening - I expect this to be one of my favorite Digimon shows period, top three for sure.

They're really building Gammamon up to be the Rookie version of some big powerful thing that I feel may end up being a little underwhelming.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Xelkelvos posted:

They're really building Gammamon up to be the Rookie version of some big powerful thing that I feel may end up being a little underwhelming.

Well, Gulus already was shown to easily one-shoot Perfect-level Digimon as an Adult, so he's proven to be as dangerous as he's treated in direct combat at least, and the Oboromon episode seems to imply that he's drained a bunch of Digimon of their powers and that's why they're following him around in blackened forms.

Vital Bracelet spoilers: We also know that's not as far as he goes, with him having Perfect and Ultimate levels of his own. The Perfect, Regulusmon, is as powerful as Megidramon and the Ultimate generates a Digital Hazard by merely existing. Since Ghost Game has stuck to the DRB a lot more than previous series, I'd imagine all of this will be true for their in-show versions too.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm concerned more about the impact of the evolution more than the power level of it because making Gammamon look strong has never been a problem for the show: his Adult forms have consistently punched above their weight class and Canoweissmon has consistently shown himself to be incredibly strong. After all how many times has someone literally cracked a Digitamamon's shell? And there have been plenty of other episodes so far where the monster of the week is totally overwhelmed by Canoweissmon's power and completely blown away by a Meteor Lux or a Dragonia. The only thing that's consistently held him back and lost him fights is the time limit on his evolution, if it hadn't timed out I firmly believe he could have beaten Asuramon and was in pretty good shape for Shawuijinmon as well despite fighting underwater. I worry that the build up won't be as good as it could have been, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Siriusmon's debut has him convincingly blowing away a REALLY strong Digimon.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

DarkMaildramon
Champion | Virus | Cyborg
[Your Turn] This digimon and all digimon with 'Knightmon' or 'Knightsmon' in their name cannot be blocked.

Okay so this seems good

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Lol no that’s garbage. It doesn’t even have blue flare or twilight in its traits so a ton of your searches whiff, the effect is terrible, it doesn’t Digi Xros, it’s expensive to play and digivolve

RevolverDivider fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 12, 2022

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

King of Solomon posted:

I'm just gonna be blunt here. Daisuke is a bad character and Veemon (02) is a parasite.

*XV-mon and co. :colbert:

Veemon deserves credit for being a great child to the V-dramon line. It's just a shame they hosed up and made a worse line

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Marluxia posted:

*XV-mon and co. :colbert:

Veemon deserves credit for being a great child to the V-dramon line. It's just a shame they hosed up and made a worse line

I included the (02) parenthetical for a reason. :v:

I like the Veedramon line.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

RevolverDivider posted:

Lol no that’s garbage. It doesn’t even have blue flare or twilight in its traits so a ton of your searches whiff, the effect is terrible, it doesn’t Digi Xros, it’s expensive to play and digivolve

It’s good in that I like it. It makes me want to build horrible jank

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I don’t even really know what it offers for jank, it basically doesn’t do anything

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’m going to slap down as many Knightmon as I can and attack for free and you can’t stop me

You won’t need to stop me because my deck will suck, but still

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

quote:

Terriermon Assistant
Rookie | Vaccine | Beast

This card/Digimon's name is also treated as [Terriermon]
[Your turn] When this Digimon is suspended by an effect, 1 of your Digimon gets +4000 DP for the turn.
-----
Inherited: [Your turn] When your Digimon is suspended due to <Alliance>, you may digivolve this Digimon into a green 2-colored Digimon from your hand by paying the digivolution cost. When you would digivolve via this effect, reduce the digivolution cost by -2.

Poor guy isn’t getting paid enough for this

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Hey, this sure is some coincidental timing, with two cards left to reveal, an option and the second SEC. But that doesn't mean anything, enjoy ShineGreymon Ruin Mode being added to the DRB.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/1602484756419031040

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm genuinely surprised it took this long, this is a form taken by the protagonist of an anime and one that appeared in several games. Very cool art though.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Ghost Game 55: drat, the animation for the fight looked amazing

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Yeah, so, the thing we were expecting to happen happened. Here's the boy.

quote:

ShineGreymon: Ruin Mode EX4-074 SEC <02>
Mega | Vaccine | Light Dragon

[Digivolve: 4 from [ShineGreymon]]

[When Digivolving] [On Deletion] All of your opponent's Digimon get -5000 DP until your opponent's turn ends.

[End of Attack] Delete this Digimon and 1 of your opponent's Digimon, and <Recovery +1 (Deck)>. Then, if you have a Tamer, hatch 1 Digi-Egg card to an empty space in your breeding area.

Good lore, strong when digivolving and on delete effect. I think if you digivolve into it, attack, then trigger its End of Attack effect you get a blanket -10k DP on your opponent's digimon in addition to deleting an opponent's digimon outright. Solid as removal, trivial to go into with BT12 Marcus, but going from a Mega on field to a digitama is rough.

Also notable: This is a level 7 Digimon, which suggests that Burst Modes will also be level 7.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

I think if you digivolve into it, attack, then trigger its End of Attack effect you get a blanket -10k DP on your opponent's digimon in addition to deleting an opponent's digimon outright.
This is correct.

quote:

Solid as removal, trivial to go into with BT12 Marcus, but going from a Mega on field to a digitama is rough.
It is, but your opponent's board will be completely clear and you'll still (likely) have Marcus.

quote:

Also notable: This is a level 7 Digimon, which suggests that Burst Modes will also be level 7.
Burst Mode being level 7 makes more sense than them being level 6, since it's supposed to be stronger than Mega.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Some Numbers posted:

It is, but your opponent's board will be completely clear and you'll still (likely) have Marcus.

This is the important part, you're set up to rebuild quickly assuming you did the thing your deck wants to do, and you've also given yourself a pretty massive inbuilt tempo advantage with that lingering effect. If you stacked both effects your opponent's field has -10000 to everything for the turn, before, during, and after the effect resolves. That means absolutely anything 10K or less cannot actually survive being on your opponent's field, which is generally going to basically be anything below level 6. A lot of decks can't really do anything under those conditions, meaning you've essentially stolen their turn. Sacrificing Ruin Mode is basically an extremely aggressive Time Walk.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Not to mention you also get a recovery, so even if you were dead on board, you're highly unlikely to lose the next turn.

Guy in raising, hybrid for game is not good enough.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Theoretically, with two turns worth of open board, you could also just smash a Marcus parade into your opponent's face.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
We got the Jellymon BEM chart from Amazon and there's something interesting about the adventure unlock mega:

It looks like MarineAngemon, but there's no repeat star and the sprite is different from the sprite used previously. It's unlikely Bandai would update a sprite so we might be looking at a new recolor or form.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Sleeping Sigma posted:

We got the Jellymon BEM chart from Amazon and there's something interesting about the adventure unlock mega:

It looks like MarineAngemon, but there's no repeat star and the sprite is different from the sprite used previously. It's unlikely Bandai would update a sprite so we might be looking at a new recolor or form.

Could this finally be the time for MarineAngewomon?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's probably not this but I want to believe!
https://twitter.com/humulos/status/1237788869694717953?t=XwwO8c5oeG4v5PkvZpavkQ

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Ghost Game 56: The DiM Card Adventure route didn't lie! And related to that HOLY gently caress!

That was a hell of a debut, and I think the impact was actually stronger because of how closely the series holds its cards to its chest, to my knowledge there was absolutely no mention of having a new insert song coming in for this episode, when the buildup hit a crescendo and the music changed, man…

Shoutouts once again to Ghost Game for making Ultimate Digimon look absolutely terrifying. Kuzuhamon captured everyone in the city in less than a day and lived up to that "God" classification, and while it wasn't the most explosive action choreography the mere fact Siriusmon could actually take on someone that scary and win definitely shows us what he's got.

Next episode is interesting as well, I'm pretty sure the preview had Vamdemon, Neo Devimon, and Astamon appearing. I almost hope Siriusmon makes an immediate second appearance and just ripped them to shreds to put him over.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Ghost Game: So this week we have Kuzuhamon and, more importantly, the first of our crew's mega debuts, with Siriusmon. Kuzuhamon was appropriately powerful, with the way she effortlessly swatted Canoweissmon away and recaptured Hiro. I'm not sure the character beats justify the mega evolution, but the threat Kuzuhamon posed definitely did. It was a fun episode, but it kinda has me wondering when we're going to see more movement on the GulusGammamon storyline.

Omnicrom posted:

Next episode is interesting as well, I'm pretty sure the preview had Vamdemon, Neo Devimon, and Astamon appearing. I almost hope Siriusmon makes an immediate second appearance and just ripped them to shreds to put him over.

I thought I saw Lilithmon in there, but maybe I was seeing one of the digimon you listed.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 18, 2022

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The Digimon in the preview are Lilithmon and Cerberumon.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

King of Solomon posted:

I thought I saw Lilithmon in there, but maybe I was seeing one of the digimon you listed.

I think Nodosaur is right, after upping the contrast on my monitor I realize I missed the robes at the edge of the shot with the claw. The claws on the boot at the end tripped me up because they're oddly short, both regular and Werewolf Cerberumon have much more strongly pronounced claws on their feet.

Lilithmon appearing as an antagonist next week also raises the odds Siriusmon will return as well.

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Dec 18, 2022

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I was talking to a friend, and they made a point I found interesting. Diablomon's name is probably meant to be "Diavolomon", after the Italian word "diavolo", instead of Diablomon. "DiaBOro"mon (the romanization not the dub name) is closer to diavolo, while "DiaBUro"mon would be how Diablomon would be properly romanized. On top of that, Infermon's name is derived from the Italian word for hell, so there's precedent there.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I posted that in this thread last year. :colbert: Or maybe the year before that. Sometime.
But yeah, Jojo part 5 (which has a villain named Diavolo) was running in 1999 and extremely popular, so I imagine it was originally intended to be that. Diablo seems to have stuck though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I posted that in this thread last year. :colbert: Or maybe the year before that. Sometime.
But yeah, Jojo part 5 (which has a villain named Diavolo) was running in 1999 and extremely popular, so I imagine it was originally intended to be that. Diablo seems to have stuck though.

I have a memory like a sieve. Sorry