Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

JT Smiley posted:

Every complaint I see against Hal is exactly how I feel about Justice League John. "He's boring, he's a cop, he's uncreative, he looks like he could be your dad. "

I have always thought John Stewart was really lame until JLU.

I don't remember anyone calling John a pedophile, so that's one for Hal alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Noob Saibot posted:

That issue is a parody of Geoff’s run you know that right?

Morrison was all about the Green Lanterns as space cops. He even gave Johns the Alpha Lanterns

Green Lanterns as cops is fine in a fantasy universe where cops are good.

I’ll die on the Hal hill. Han Solo as a Jedi is a fine concept, and his history with Carol, Sinestro, and Ollie are a solid foundation for stories.

I love all the stupid lanterns though. Such a fun concept that rarely gets to live up to its potential.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The only Green Lantern who should be in movies is Mogo

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Open Marriage Night posted:

I’ll die on the Hal hill.

“Bahwhaaaa in brightest day in darkest night ah’ll tell ya somethin’ that boy ain’t right”.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly even in JLU John was super boring.

Honestly the best thing to do is in the new DC Universe just have Guy Gardner as GL right out the gate.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
#FireJamesGunn is trending on Twitter, so I guess the SynderBros are having a normal one.

Seems most of the posts I'm seeing are people outraged that Henry Cavill is not coming back as Superman, effectively killing the Snyderverse, and putting the blame squarely on James Gunn for burning down everything Snyder set up.

I don't understand why these people are like this.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Jamesman posted:

#FireJamesGunn is trending on Twitter, so I guess the SynderBros are having a normal one.

Seems most of the posts I'm seeing are people outraged that Henry Cavill is not coming back as Superman, effectively killing the Snyderverse, and putting the blame squarely on James Gunn for burning down everything Snyder set up.

This is the least shocking news I'll hear all week. Can you even imagine what this man's DMs are looking like right now?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
My big questions are, does Zack Snyder even WANT to make more Justice League movies? Does all the cast WANT to come back?

Why is it James Gunn's fault that WB teased Cavill's comeback to the role, without having cemented any plans to use him for future projects?

Why is it James Gunn's fault that Ben Affleck wants to direct a movie but doesn't want to be Batman again?

Why is it James Gunn's fault that WB is trying to cut costs everywhere and probably doesn't want to Dumptruck-Full-Of-Money new contracts with actors to keep them stuck in a half-assed, poorly-realized rotting corpse of one man's vision from a decade ago?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Henry Cavill just got scooped by Amazon for a Warhammer project.

Link:

https://twitter.com/thr/status/1603558991010975748?s=46&t=0xYAbVhZWvejGX6-mqsIuA

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
One tough thing here is I definitely don't think Gunn could direct a Superman movie, probably not a Batman movie either. He could probably do a Bat-family movie, and he could definitely direct Aquaman, but his movies have been gangs of jerks with heart. Now, he's not going to direct these movies himself, but he's going to set out the plan for them at a high level, so he's going to need to work against his best instincts. "Kill your racist dad" is a great plot for Peacemaker or Guardians, but not so much for Superman.

I'm also interested if Snyder has had anything to say about anything, since folks seem to be bringing him up a lot

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
At this point it’s just a matter of time before Cavill ends up starring in a World of Warcraft movie.

EDIT: He’s definitely got the chin for Varian.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As best as I can tell (and I don’t follow the guy so I could be entirely wrong) Snyder seems like he’s moved in to new projects. It’s the fandom that… kept thinking they’d just put him back in charge? I don’t get it.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/Java_jigga/status/1603562374874640384

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

As an aside, not to call anyone out or anything, is Grant Morrison going by they/them pronouns now? I’ve seen a couple of articles use those pronouns to refer to Grant.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah Morrison uses they/them now

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Jamesman posted:

Imma guess these are the same folks that were cheering when Bat Girl was cancelled; something something about bigger chances for the Snyder verse to return. Which, blew on their faces. heh.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Jamesman posted:

My big questions are, does Zack Snyder even WANT to make more Justice League movies? Does all the cast WANT to come back?
SnydeR's probably done with the studio. By all accounts, the actors themselves enjoyed the set vibe and collaborative opportunities that Snyder provided.

If you excuse the Knightmare coda, then the end of ZSJL is an ok finale. Luthor/Slade tease more challenges, but Bruce's openness suggests they'll continue building the team out.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
lol I found out today that Cavill wasn't coming back as Superman because one of my coworkers was reacting like Gunn had executed him in the street.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I mean, at this point what doesn't set them off?

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Reminder: Snyder went into details about his plans for justice
League and it was focused on Superman going crazy and becoming a fascist and Lois having a love child with batman with batman dying at the end to save his baby.

This is what people want restored along with more Ayer and Jenkins???

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
late but the Hal arrests God is my favorite issue of Morrison's GL and it's about as subtle as a brick to the face

"God" is actually just an alien who is prepping the Earth to eat it in a few generations, so to keep humanity complacent he starts pumping drugs in the atmosphere that makes everyone chill and then gives them all superpowers to distract them

Hal goes in front of the UN council to call them out on wanting to surrender: "Are you really willing to sacrifice your children's futures for temporary gain in the present?"

The response: "I think we can live with it."

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It focused on Batman finding redemption through death, as he was still carrying the burden of Kal's death from BvS. He sacrifices himself to ensure that Kal has Lois and that Darkseid loses.

There's a lot that may have been crazy (the second film being a bunch of League deaths, the third being partially in the Knightmare future, Bruce/Lois) and a lot that could have been fun or make the Snyder set of films more cohesive (Superman carrying the Kryptonian Codex as a component of Anti-Life, Riddler and Anti-Life, Luthor getting Chumped). At the least it would have told a story instead of flailing about.

Anyway there's signs that the drafts for 2-3 would have changed significantly. 2 kind of hinged on Kal adopting a more alien outlook on life and an increasing estrangement from humanity-- which isn't really a logical place to take the character given that he's moving stuff into the Kent homestead, palling around with Bruce, carrying a bassinet into the house, etc.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 16, 2022

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Snyder really knows what people love most about Superman; his cold growing detachment from humanity

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Snyder wanted to direct more Watchmen so badly he turned Superman into Manhattan

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Snyder really knows what people love most about Superman; his cold growing detachment from humanity

It works in The Boys.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Godlike person recovering from a traumatic experience deals with it pooly. What a hack.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Imagine spending all this time and effort being a CineD lunatic about Zack Snyder’s lovely filmography. I’ve mentioned this before but it’s like if there were legions of food critics in the world and there was this group of dedicated weirdos who would burst down people’s doors to insist that McDonald’s is actually the greatest cuisine in the world and how dare anyone not understanding the brilliant Christ imagery of the loving McRib. Imagine if there was a whole community of these self-aggrandizing, self-deluding holier-than-thous who just typed of thousands of words effortposts about how the Double Quarter Pounder actually is completely justified in using guns, you just don’t get it but I do and don’t worry I’ll patronizingly “explain” it to you by using Baby’s First Film Analysis verbiage.

Now this isn’t to say I don’t loving love junk food, whether that be literal or cinematic. I just don’t pretend that the fuckin Fast and the Furious film franchise is some deep symbolic masterwork that I and only I can get and how dare you not worship at the altar of Dominic Toretto.

Like watch a real movie made by a real auteur worth the insane over analysis and pretzel-twisting mental justification the average Snyder idiot brings to any discussion of his “oeuvre”, such as it is. You’ll still be annoying as gently caress and impossible to converse with on any meaningful level but at least your supercilious, patronizing tone is about a target that’s worth it. Like I still won’t like you but at least I’d respect your opinion more if you went this hard for like, Lars Von Trier or Stanley Kubrick or Bong Joon Ho or some poo poo over idiot Objectivist guy making largely bad ripoffs of comic book stories.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rents due.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Gunn should set up Shazam as the cheerful no-murder-Superman, and add in a Nightwing to oppose fascist Batman, and those two should be the sunny new face of DC.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
*pounding fists on table*
DICKBATS AND DAMIAN

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

*pounding fists on table*
DICKBATS AND DAMIAN

I do wanna see live action nightwing/dick grayson.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Jamesman posted:

It works in The Boys.

is james gunn brave enough to give superman a lactating mommy fetish tho

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

TwoPair posted:

lol I found out today that Cavill wasn't coming back as Superman because one of my coworkers was reacting like Gunn had executed him in the street.

People are out here acting like the motherfucker died and it's sad/hilarious.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

site posted:

gave him a poop fetish already

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MacheteZombie posted:

I do wanna see live action nightwing/dick grayson.

go watch Titans and see how quickly you retract this request

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

site posted:

Clark Kent was now raised in Tromaville.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
anyone who says they don't want Toxie on the Justice League is a fuckin liar

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Rhyno posted:

anyone who says they don't want Toxie on the Justice League is a fuckin liar

Toxie and Robocop

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

NieR Occomata posted:

Imagine spending all this time and effort being a CineD lunatic about Zack Snyder’s lovely filmography. I’ve mentioned this before but it’s like if there were legions of food critics in the world and there was this group of dedicated weirdos who would burst down people’s doors to insist that McDonald’s is actually the greatest cuisine in the world and how dare anyone not understanding the brilliant Christ imagery of the loving McRib. Imagine if there was a whole community of these self-aggrandizing, self-deluding holier-than-thous who just typed of thousands of words effortposts about how the Double Quarter Pounder actually is completely justified in using guns, you just don’t get it but I do and don’t worry I’ll patronizingly “explain” it to you by using Baby’s First Film Analysis verbiage.

Now this isn’t to say I don’t loving love junk food, whether that be literal or cinematic. I just don’t pretend that the fuckin Fast and the Furious film franchise is some deep symbolic masterwork that I and only I can get and how dare you not worship at the altar of Dominic Toretto.

Like watch a real movie made by a real auteur worth the insane over analysis and pretzel-twisting mental justification the average Snyder idiot brings to any discussion of his “oeuvre”, such as it is. You’ll still be annoying as gently caress and impossible to converse with on any meaningful level but at least your supercilious, patronizing tone is about a target that’s worth it. Like I still won’t like you but at least I’d respect your opinion more if you went this hard for like, Lars Von Trier or Stanley Kubrick or Bong Joon Ho or some poo poo over idiot Objectivist guy making largely bad ripoffs of comic book stories.
Holy poo poo dude are you ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Rhyno posted:

go watch Titans and see how quickly you retract this request

I had completely forgot about watching this until now.

gently caress