Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dustcat posted:

i think we should definitely listen to the pyf drama thread poster/mod on how to pick cspam mods, especially the part about how they should be picked from people who don't post too much on cspam

Malding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i don't think you understand your problem domain very well

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dustcat posted:

i don't think you understand your problem domain very well

?

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

duscat please be quiet and less stupid. thank you

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
plinkey will be freed before xmas or else !!!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

goldmine the plinkey goon fund imo, easily the funniest thing cspam has produced

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Lpzie posted:

plinkey will be freed before xmas or else !!!

you're not gonna do anything you coward

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dustcat posted:

i think we should definitely listen to the pyf drama thread poster/mod on how to pick cspam mods, especially the part about how they should be picked from people who don't post too much on cspam

yeah and also make them mods

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
can i be moderator

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Filthy Hans posted:

you monster

free him!

I hate plinkey and he hates me.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Calibanibal posted:

I hate plinkey and he hates me.

I don't hold that against him

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

goldmine the plinkey goon fund imo, easily the funniest thing cspam has produced

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dustcat posted:

this way everyone's satisfied, the drama goons get to own cspam, the glenn goons get to argue over free speech issues, and rats poster gets to probate people

I accept the nomination and will IK cspam with the same firm grace that has turned PYF into an oasis in a desert of dipshits

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Brain Candy posted:

my man, there doesn't have to be anyone going 'nyah nyah i'm going to go get those cspamers' in some elaborate plot and nothing mentioned requires one. please be a materialist

imagine a situation with two police districts, and one has 400% more arrests than the other. now if you ask anyone who is working in either of the districts they don't twiddle their mustache (because cop mustache's are too short) and they don't necessarily think they are doing anything differently if you asked them, just making calls based on what they actually see

but the 400% happens for reasons that have largely nothing to do with the individual qualities or virtues of the people making the decisions in the moment. this is how police think they aren't racist even as they arrest way more Black people, because liberalism has done this cool slight of hand where you're supposed to evaluate what you feel or believe instead of what you do

literally no one has to actually think the thought 'i should come down harder on x or balance with y' for that to be the practical result

Lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Brain Candy posted:

nyah nyah i'm going to go get those cspamers

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
cspam is a word im not allowed to say fat and gay

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I'd like a police district's worth of posters in cspam or sa as a whole. It would really bring life to have another 10,000 or so friends to hang with

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I'd like a police district's worth of posters in cspam or sa as a whole. It would really bring life to have another 10,000 or so friends to hang with

friends own but 10,000 friends sounds like too much...

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

im an AMERICAN posted:

oh hey look a new thread title

also you can't use leper colony for data collection because accounts can be banned without entries in the Leper Colony :q:

lol uo https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3968766&pagenumber=25&perpage=40#post515059006

Unoriginal Name posted:

Put a gun in your mouth & pull the loving trigger you fat friend of the family

haha its a joke

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NeatHeteroDude has issued a correction as of 08:13 on Dec 16, 2022

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Also I'm really really not modding at all except for super ergrigious poo poo and probing people like shrike, but I'm also reading the feedback and looking at what people are saying about how mods interact with posters. having some time to hang out off the forums because of irl stuff has convinced me that I was using buttons too much. not having me probing people has not caused the forums to burn down, so I'm going to try not be as button-happy as i've been in the past.

thanks again for everyone hashing stuff out. I'm just not super invested into discussing this unless i'm poking fun at one or two posters who aren't giving the brunt of the good feedback.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
behavior modification works

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Cuttlefush posted:

behavior modification works

it does!

edit: and there are still things I read and go "man this guy's being a dick, I should probe him." but being a dick or being rude isn't really against the rules unless it's like, telling someone to kys or some other abnormal poo poo. like I got confrontational with HashtagGirlBoss because I was in a bad mood from IRL stuff and there was a part of me that wanted to probe them, but it's not cool for me to do that. and whenever I feel tempted I think "man imagine how much worse and more poo poo I'd be getting from probing this person".

NeatHeteroDude has issued a correction as of 08:26 on Dec 16, 2022

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Also I'm really really not modding at all except for super ergrigious poo poo and probing people like shrike, but I'm also reading the feedback and looking at what people are saying about how mods interact with posters. having some time to hang out off the forums because of irl stuff has convinced me that I was using buttons too much. not having me probing people has not caused the forums to burn down, so I'm going to try not be as button-happy as i've been in the past.

thanks again for everyone hashing stuff out. I'm just not super invested into discussing this unless i'm poking fun at one or two posters who aren't giving the brunt of the good feedback.

keep up the button pressing in regards to the weird sex stuff tho imo

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
yes slay them

and shrike

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

NHD reaching for the probe button

https://youtu.be/YvhlOtQAU0A?t=105

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

lol

it's hard to walk away from someone being a dick even though it obviously doesn't matter at all and you won't (shouldn't) remember it a month later. That's a rule I use for anxieties irl- will I actually care about this a month from now?

also, I've gained some perspective on how people are doing and want to say that the holidays are really, really hard for lots and lots of people. They're probably really hard for you, too! People are dealing with loneliness, losing their loved ones and missing them during the holidays, coping with family, not having enough money to buy the things they want to buy, and trying to square how bad things are/will get from here on out.

This is not directed at Majoran or what happened yesterday(?); this is just in general. It's hard right now, and the holidays will make things even harder. No one deserves your grace if they're being a dick or doing something lovely to you, but having to cope with some IRL stuff recently has reminded me how many other people are struggling and how SA is an outlet for a lot of them. That's the attitude I'm taking into the holidays both here and in real life, and we'll see how that goes.

Edit: and if you're losing your cool or getting angrier or more upset about stuff than normal because of what's happening irl, you should do your best to take a break, try not to inflict it on other people, and apologize if you do.

NeatHeteroDude has issued a correction as of 09:40 on Dec 16, 2022

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I noticed this, but I wasn't sure if it was deliberate. it's very good, and I am reinforcing you by quoting the whole post. :3:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
what the gently caress is a problem domain

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Regarde Aduck posted:

what the gently caress is a problem domain

CSPAM

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
nhd i named a dog after you in my fortress....

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Reserved

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
[quote]

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Things were super hectic back in the day. There's certainly good sides and bad to the change in the scale of the forums.

NeatHeteroDude posted:

probing people like shrike

God bless.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
not sure why it took this long to consider shrike may need to be brutally murdered probe'd but better late than never

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBMTH-4B2NI

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Regarde Aduck posted:

not sure why it took this long to consider shrike may need to be brutally murdered probe'd but better late than never

i think people just forgot about him

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

What did he do?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

CODChimera posted:

What did he do?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=79841

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

CODChimera posted:

What did he do?

Has an Obama av

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Oh god posting in a dedicated gpu thread and the Musk thread? sick poo poo for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

CODChimera posted:

Oh god posting in a dedicated gpu thread and the Musk thread? sick poo poo for sure

it's not my job to educate you