Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Just got Wong - Onslaught - Mystique - Hazmat wombo-combo’d. I’m not even mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Ooof, so I found someone who used Black Bolt correctly. Middle Lane was Onslaught's Citadel, they drop Wong on Turn 4, Black Bolt on Turn 5 on it. This preceded to wipe out my whole hand leaving me with just the Black Bolt I'd copied using White Queen. Turn 6 I drop it in the right lane, win the match with the Left and Right lanes while they dropped 43 points in the middle.

Thank god for Professor X locking down the left.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
That article made me realize how many Series 3 cards I'm still missing.. Can't do Patriot deck, Leech/Leader or Lockjaw deck.. basically only Ongoing Destroyer.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Nice, I had Dr Doom pinned and am almost able to afford him, and somehow he became unpinned. Wonderful.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
The Steam app is awful for that. The escape key is used to trigger the menu to get out of the game. The escape key also unpins the collectors token item while the shop is being viewed.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Just had a game where the opponent snapped at me on turn 5, I snapped back, and then he played Death into Death’s Domain, killing her instantly. While I was sitting there wondering if there was some way to bring back destroyed cards, his turn 6 play was… America Chavez on a location where he was down by more than 9.

Genuinely can’t figure out if I just played a bot or an idiot.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 16, 2022

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

buffalo all day posted:

close the app and try relaunching? that worked for me on iOS

No Wave posted:

I had to exit completely and re-enter.

That worked! :toot:

And then I got...Pixel Angel. :negative:

Still, I got Wave from a Collector's Reserve.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Reporting an offensive player name.

Every other game: long press, report, done.

Marvel Snap: long press, report, open chat bot interface where you can select your reason for reporting, and the bot responds with a link to a Google form. The Google form requires several pieces of information including your Snap ID and the offending players nickname, neither of which can be copied from the game but need to be typed in manually after switching apps several times.

Coonkillr, I would report you but jesus loving christ.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I lost a bunch of cubes today. I barely can scratch the mid 50s before I tumble back down. Really need to learn to stop playing when Im on a bad roll.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Might not want to drop 6k tokens on Galactus.

https://twitter.com/bbrode/status/1603598840463966209?s=20

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Got Wong today from the caches I opened thanks to the 1K gift and decided to run a generic Wong. First match was versus someone who has the perfect cards to ruin my day, but tried to get a little too clever. Please note the strange order of the on reveal cards on the right hand side.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
After losing 19 of my last 30 matches I can confirm that pool 3 is the most stupid and unrewarding experience I ever had in a card game, and I played Hearthstone for years.
I win more matches with meme decks and RNG placing cards than trying to play focused. How did they gently caress this up so badly?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Wong report day 1 is that I’ve dropped two ranks but have a lot of fun pulling off the various combos. Just wiped out someone’s side of the board with Gambit.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Agatha decks are about to reach a whole new level.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
nm

CitizenKeen fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Dec 16, 2022

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

BoldFace posted:

This looks fun.
Agatha wins more games than I do anyway lol.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

BoldFace posted:

There's no way this is real. It's way too insane.

Interesting they say this right after releasing Knull. Please put daredevil on the watchlist too.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Dec 16, 2022

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

No Wave posted:

There's no way this is real. It's way too insane.

Interesting they say this right after releasing Knull. Please put daredevil on the watchlist too.

This is that kind of game though. Insane is funny.

And I really dislike the 'must nerf every card that looks even remotely powerful' mindset. If anything, they should buff cards that are never used.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

uXs posted:

This is that kind of game though. Insane is funny.

And I really dislike the 'must nerf every card that looks even remotely powerful' mindset. If anything, they should buff cards that are never used.
I don't think you quite understand how unfair that Loki card is. 0 mana your opponent can no longer play the game.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Dec 16, 2022

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

It’s generally not fun to blow up two of the lanes, imo they didn’t intend for it to be an actual meta card because it’s a fun surprise once in a while but would suck if it were consistent.

I say this with no sour grapes, it just does not seem like a mechanic designed to be consistently used in the meta.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

buffalo all day posted:

It’s generally not fun to blow up two of the lanes, imo they didn’t intend for it to be an actual meta card because it’s a fun surprise once in a while but would suck if it were consistent.

I say this with no sour grapes, it just does not seem like a mechanic designed to be consistently used in the meta.
I would be willing to accept this explanation BEFORE they released a 6 mana 50/50 that works best in Galactus decks. But after? Did they forget there are three ramp cards?

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I have Shuri pinned in my shop, and I have 4500 tokens.

But now I'm thinking maybe I should let her go and go for She-Hulk instead, which seems an all-around better card.

On the other hand, Shuri would work very well with BP/Zola, while I'm not sure I have the best cards for She-Hulk.

These are the pool 3/4 cards I have so far:

Aero
Agatha Harkness
Arnim Zola
Black Cat
Black Widow
Colleen Wing
Crossbones
Daredevil
Deadpool
Debrii
Destroyer
Dracula
Electro
Galactus (p5)
Gambit
Ghost Rider
Giganto
Hazmat
Hela
Helicarrier (p4)
Human Torch
Invisible Woman
Jane Foster - The Mighty Thor
Juggernaut
Kingpin
Leader
Luke Cage (p4)
Magneto
Mojo
Mysterio
Mystique
Patriot
Polaris
Psylocke
Quake
Quinjet
Rescue
Ronan
Sera
Ultron
Venom
Viper
Wave
Wong
Yellowjacket

Opinions?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

No Wave posted:

I don't think you quite understand how unfair that Loki card is. 0 mana your opponent can no longer play the game.

The stats are placeholders. There's another 0/0 on the list that we know full well won't be 0/0 when it is released. Darkhawk was 1/4 in the datamines, but he's probably going to be 3/1.

I suspect that when they want to test a new card, instead of creating a new object they alter the abilities (but not the stats) on an existing one. It would make sense for cards to be 0/0 so they can be generated by Black Widow, but given Darkhawk is dynamically affected by deck sizes, it's more sensible to test him using Vibranium as the starting point.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Jedit posted:

The stats are placeholders. There's another 0/0 on the list that we know full well won't be 0/0 when it is released. Darkhawk was 1/4 in the datamines, but he's probably going to be 3/1.

I suspect that when they want to test a new card, instead of creating a new object they alter the abilities (but not the stats) on an existing one. It would make sense for cards to be 0/0 so they can be generated by Black Widow, but given Darkhawk is dynamically affected by deck sizes, it's more sensible to test him using Vibranium as the starting point.
That makes sense. His ability is reasonable for a 5 cost because he's a silly leech.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

uXs posted:

But now I'm thinking maybe I should let her go and go for She-Hulk instead, which seems an all-around better card.

Opinions?

Gimmick decks all the way. Get Shuri and buff Hobgoblin to negative 16 before dropping Galactus and n the same lane. That or Knull.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

uXs posted:

On the other hand, Shuri would work very well with BP/Zola, while I'm not sure I have the best cards for She-Hulk.

These are the pool 3/4 cards I have so far:

Opinions?

I would not get shuri, I don't really think she works great atm (is the problem with BP/Zola that your BP isn't big enough...? I would think if you activate Zola you're pretty much good) - she may be better after the new card that reduces 4-cost cards drops in early January. I would get Death, Brood, Thor, Mr. Negative (maybe Cerebro if you're into that) and She-Hulk before getting her.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I had Knull (sp?) in my shop, so I pinned them, but I'm sitting there thinking it's going to be ~6k tokens, and I have 600. -_-

Feels like she would go SUPER well in my Death deck that I like playing. Even though currently it seems that people are hating the deck out pretty hard right now.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I had Knull (sp?) in my shop, so I pinned them, but I'm sitting there thinking it's going to be ~6k tokens, and I have 600. -_-

Feels like she would go SUPER well in my Death deck that I like playing. Even though currently it seems that people are hating the deck out pretty hard right now.
There's no reason to lock. You'll be getting enough credits for that knull in... 25 weeks.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

What is the watch list? Like, they're going to nerf him?

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

galactus is a sex offender

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

It's Friday so you know what that means...time for the weekly mandated tilt! Get out your dumb decks and play for your dailies because the weekend is here to ruin any season progress you made.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Oh yeah I'm back on my game with this one. T3 Juggernaut T4 Absorbing Man on a location they're trying to contest is so funny.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

goferchan posted:

Oh yeah I'm back on my game with this one. T3 Juggernaut T4 Absorbing Man on a location they're trying to contest is so funny.

I absolutely do that w/my Surfer deck. Also viable (even with that deck) is T3 Storm T4 Absorbing man. Lock it down to one lane and rack up retreats.

Also that Magneto variant owns and now I need it.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Just had a game where the opponent snapped at me on turn 5, I snapped back, and then he played Death into Death’s Domain, killing her instantly. While I was sitting there wondering if there was some way to bring back destroyed cards, his turn 6 play was… America Chavez on a location where he was down by more than 9.

Genuinely can’t figure out if I just played a bot or an idiot.

Death should be immune to Death's Domain. she's just going home!!!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Check out this sweet, satisfying action shot

:mmmhmm: from a turn one snap too :mmmhmm:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Lockjaw is a VERY fun card. That is all

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Did another successful bluff on turn 6 today. I was quite a lot behind and I couldn't make it up, but they couldn't play anywhere and retreated when I snapped.

Second time a bluff worked, and I'm pretty sure the first one was in similar circumstances.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I have Patriot and Mystique, but don't have Doom or Ultron.

Sadness.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

rydiafan posted:

I have Patriot and Mystique, but don't have Doom or Ultron.

Sadness.

I'm the opposite! I never use ultron though, but doom rules (esp with Wong or Arnim Zola)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Win a few games

Marvel Snap: Lets see how you do if you dont draw any of the cards you want lol

edit: Whats the point of these Beast/Falcon decks? Be annoying playing Iceman,Yondu, Scorpion a bunch and lose?

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 16, 2022