Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Carew posted:

Following publicly available private jet tracking data is basically how Agent 47 hunts down his targets.

Just realized that a plane is basically the only environment in which they have not let 47 kill someone which makes this even funnier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Bar Ran Dun posted:

That seems like a good way to get regulated.

Edit : I think something similar got Microsoft in trouble with browsers (Netscape) back in the day.

I was thinking about that too. I think there's also a similar thing where tv providers cant block commercials for other tv providers.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Cabbit posted:

I have no idea, but I'd put money that this is going to speed it up significantly.
The state of Twitter right now:

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1603553957867147265

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Phoix posted:

Just realized that a plane is basically the only environment in which they have not let 47 kill someone which makes this even funnier

There's a challenge in the second level of hitman 2016 to kill the target in his plane with an antique cannon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BCacB34QLU

Velocity Raptor fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 16, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mendrian posted:

Yes of course 'assassination coordinates' jesus christ this dude has lost it.

We're getting close to "ordering everyone in the room to climb into his desktop model-scale Tesla at gunpoint so they can drive away from the woke mob coming to assassinate him" territory.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Is there any chance of trump, desantis, etc. falling all over themselves in a clusterfuck and some actual moderate winning the primary in 2024? I realize the republican party is still awful but I would love an election that doesn't make me scared for the immediate future.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

pencilhands posted:

Is there any chance of trump, desantis, etc. falling all over themselves in a clusterfuck and some actual moderate winning the primary in 2024? I realize the republican party is still awful but I would love an election that doesn't make me scared for the immediate future.

Who is a "moderate" who would run in a Republican primary, win a Republican primary, and drag the craziest congressional members into sanity?

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Velocity Raptor posted:

There's a challenge in the second level of hitman 2016 to kill the target in his plane with an antique cannon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BCacB34QLU

Alright I've changed my mind Elon is sincerely in danger of being shot down.

edit: I gotta replay Sapienza

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Who is a "moderate" who would run in a Republican primary, win a Republican primary, and drag the craziest congressional members into sanity?

There's no way a John Kasitch type (and he would be a firm mainstream republican just 15 years ago, not a moderate) could win the Republican party primary these days.

The only way it would happen if Trump and DeSantis somehow both got around 35% of the national vote and the moderate's 30% happened to be concentrated in just the right winner take all states to take the victory. Just extremely unlikely. If it did happen it would be basically a fluke and and GOP turnout would crash in the general.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Mendrian posted:

It would be funny to me if this was in response to getting booed at the theater, upon which he finally realized that maybe a lot of people actually dislike him.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Mendrian posted:

They've already got the murder longitude, all they need now is the extermination latitude.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1603596668624068609

Nice job with the programming.

Musk just joined this live session, tried to defend himself, then cried that everyone was ganging up on him, and said it was "a bit of a joke" that people need to chill out about.

It was amazing.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Musk ran out of the live chat room after just over a minute.

And after he got driven out of the live chat and told them to stop complaining about it he posted this:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1603609466301059073

He's full on melting down and is in the puppet master/just a joke/walking it back phase.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/evanplus/status/1603611515483213824

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Whoever said that Elon was a reply guy and not a poster waaaay back loving nailed it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

pencilhands posted:

The only choices are grifters, true believers, or Mammon incarnate. I guess there's also the no hope protest Kaisich type who can't win, but think there's a way back to the good ol' reasonable evil of the early 2000s.

I do hope there's some poor sap who doesn't know the score who tries though. Like what's his name who thought displaying his "mastery" of Mandarin was a good opening salvo.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Musk ran out of the live chat room after just over a minute.

And after he got driven out of the live chat and told them to stop complaining about it he posted this:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1603609466301059073

He's full on melting down and is in the puppet master/just a joke/walking it back phase.

Sincerely shocked that this in favor of unbanning. He's going to lobby to have them imprisoned

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Phoix posted:

Sincerely shocked that this in favor of unbanning. He's going to lobby to have them imprisoned

Both options are unbanning, lol.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Oh my god. The reporters in the live chat are talking about Something Awful.

"Mods on a site like Something Awful made a game out of the ban. They just banned people because of the weather and weirdly it made it a good community. Because it was small and weird. But, Twitter is doing the same and it isn't the same."

Katie Notopoulos from Buzzfeed is actually comparing him to "the former, I think deceased, founder" of the site.

:eyepop:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1603596668624068609

Nice job with the programming.

Musk just joined this live session, tried to defend himself, then cried that everyone was ganging up on him, and said it was "a bit of a joke" that people need to chill out about.

It was amazing.

quote:

This is an interview with this the Now I think deceased founder of Something Awful who had sort of described the moderation policy there, which was like the reason that the moderation like it was a good community on there because they were like we will ban you if we don't like what you say. We will ban you if we don't like what the weather is out outside. Like we will just ban you because we feel like it and we won't tell you and we don't give a poo poo like we'll we just you know we wield the ban hammer, like whenever we want. And weirdly that made for because it was small. It made for a good community because people just got banned. And you know, this sort of community values of that work.

Katie Notopoulos shouts out SA! :buddy:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Oh my god. The reporters in the live chat are talking about Something Awful.

"Mods on a site like Something Awful made a game out of the ban. They just banned people because of the weather and weirdly it made it a good community. Because it was small and weird. But, Twitter is doing the same and it isn't the same."

Katie Notopoulos from Buzzfeed is actually comparing him to "the former, I think deceased, founder" of the site.

:eyepop:

I joined right before this was said and laughed so loving hard. What a world

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Apparently Elon crashed the chat, was asked some pointed questions by a couple of the journalists there, and then bailed VERY quickly.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Both options are unbanning, lol.

You know what I meant but also I am illiterate

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Senator, I served with Lowtax. I knew Lowtax. Senator, you're no Lowtax.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

The Lowtax and Elon comparisons are being made explicitly by a Washington Post and Buzzfeed reporter right after Elon got driven out of the chat.

Just amazing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm glad we're relevant, alive, and still gay

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

pencilhands posted:

No. The GOP is full on fascist now and there's no going back. Their entire worldview is spite and hate. They gave the game away with Trump and if anything, the only voters open vulnerable to a "moderate" Republican are centrist Dems.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Someone already has the audio up from when Elon was driven out of the chat:

https://twitter.com/MarisaKabas/status/1603613078809186305

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
tbf, its not bans that get the most drama on SA but the 6ixers that get the true big bang hyper nova rage.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Lowtax and Elon comparisons are being made explicitly by a Washington Post and Buzzfeed reporter right after Elon got driven out of the chat.

Just amazing.

Joementum? I thought he was fired?

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
is it possible elon just nuked the twitter space or is there a time limit?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
So, as I mentioned in the state of the forums thread, starting a feud with Elon seems like a good way to drive traffic.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

God bless Elon's promotion of Twitter spaces

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

For about a minute or two before this clip, he was just yelling "JASON. JASON. JASON. JASON. JASON. LISTEN. JASON. Do you want to live in a society where people are systematically tracked??? Do you?!? Children Jason. Where children are hunted?"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It would be nice if seeing the richest man in the world have a fullblown public meltdown would make more people realize that, hey, maybe we shouldn't allow anyone to have that much money and power. I'm not gonna hold my breath on that though.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

For about a minute or two before this clip, he was just yelling "JASON. JASON. JASON. JASON. JASON. LISTEN. JASON. Do you want to live in a society where people are systematically tracked??? Do you?!? Children Jason. Where children are hunted?"

law of projection and regressive confessions says that Musk wants to hunt children and has hunted them before.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN81CU2b9rA

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Some more audio of his conversation:

https://twitter.com/brenonade/status/1603612768221155328

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Fister Roboto posted:

It would be nice if seeing the richest man in the world have a fullblown public meltdown would make more people realize that, hey, maybe we shouldn't allow anyone to have that much money and power. I'm not gonna hold my breath on that though.

I think a depressingly high number of people will conclude "yeah, THIS rich man is very stupid and bad. And so are all the other rich men you bring up as more examples, they are all stupid and bad as well. But the rich man I admire, he's good, so don't be jealous of his fairly-earned wealth that he got from being smarter and better than you."

Probably similar to how all congressmen are bad, except mine, he's good.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Phoix posted:

It'll probably shift during the day tomorrow when all the professional chud-herders are awake and ready to tell their audience all about how Elon Musk needs their help to own the libs.

To be totally honest, I'm kinda surprised he hasn't yet bullied Twitter devs into adding an option for him to just manipulate the numbers himself and add as many votes as he wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Fister Roboto posted:

Very agree on this and how it’d be far more funny if this mattered at all in the slightest to him

He’s an incredibly dumb piece of poo poo loser who has a ton of money and therefor matters but is insanely pathetic