Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Slight correction:

Some guy from Twitter was on for a second before he introduced Musk. The Twitter guy was the one yelling Jason and asking about tracking and hunting children.

https://twitter.com/MarisaKabas/status/1603607292494204928
https://twitter.com/MarisaKabas/status/1603609704244150273

Edit: and the space appears to be just suddenly shut down now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

tbf, its not bans that get the most drama on SA but the 6ixers that get the true big bang hyper nova rage.

Can confirm. I once gave a dude a 6'er so hard he had a full on video meltdown over it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQd1WKktkVo

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Rigel posted:

I think a depressingly high number of people will conclude "yeah, THIS rich man is very stupid and bad. And so are all the other rich men you bring up as more examples, they are all stupid and bad as well. But the rich man I admire, he's good, so don't be jealous of his fairly-earned wealth that he got from being smarter and better than you."

Probably similar to how all congressmen are bad, except mine, he's good.

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. He's normalizing all the other rich psychos who can manage to keep the mask of humanity on. You know Jeff Bezos is loving this poo poo.

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
Yeah it appears he may have pulled the plug on the Space while they were still talking. It won't even load the metadata.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Rigel posted:

I think a depressingly high number of people will conclude "yeah, THIS rich man is very stupid and bad. And so are all the other rich men you bring up as more examples, they are all stupid and bad as well. But the rich man I admire, he's good, so don't be jealous of his fairly-earned wealth that he got from being smarter and better than you."

Probably similar to how all congressmen are bad, except mine, he's good.

There’s a wapo article about Tesla investors saying Elon needs to get back to managing Tesla and how they still think he’s the best CEO in the world he just needs to stop getting distracted by twitter

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Main Paineframe posted:

It'll probably shift during the day tomorrow when all the professional chud-herders are awake and ready to tell their audience all about how Elon Musk needs their help to own the libs.

To be totally honest, I'm kinda surprised he hasn't yet bullied Twitter devs into adding an option for him to just manipulate the numbers himself and add as many votes as he wants.

Getting lit up by the crowd at Chapelle's show really must have hosed him up. He obviously expected cheers from an adoring crowd and had probably told himself all this time that the criticism was just from an annoying but small minority of "woke" idiots.

Its tough to guess what he's really thinking, but it may have been the first time he actually realized that maybe he was now hated and all those marketing people at Tesla who were desperately trying to convince him all year that he was driving away customers, maybe they were all correct. Rather than disconnect to do some serious soul-searching, talk to people outside his bubble, and change he went the paranoid route of "oh God, I'm still right but I'm outnumbered, people are probably going to hunt me down and kill me, I have to hide. Quick, ban the Elon jet kid!"

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Musk ran out of the live chat room after just over a minute.

And after he got driven out of the live chat and told them to stop complaining about it he posted this:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1603609466301059073

He's full on melting down and is in the puppet master/just a joke/walking it back phase.

You missed his first poll which only ran for 30 minutes, and when the unban them immediately won the poll he made this new poll.

Just the biggest piss baby.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

law of projection and regressive confessions says that Musk wants to hunt children and has hunted them before.

Well, yeah:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Slight correction:

Some guy from Twitter was on for a second before he introduced Musk. The Twitter guy was the one yelling Jason and asking about tracking and hunting children.

https://twitter.com/MarisaKabas/status/1603607292494204928
https://twitter.com/MarisaKabas/status/1603609704244150273

Edit: and the space appears to be just suddenly shut down now.

Imagine publicly melting down about tracking in 2022, when everyone pays money to carry at least one device that logs their every move in their pocket.

Also just lol at people involved in a space company not understanding flight tracking.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Dec 16, 2022

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

isnt this the pic musky is censoring?

also cant minor photo editing tricks or meta data editing easily foil image recog software? or even just lovely compression/downgrading quality.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

PhazonLink posted:

isnt this the pic musky is censoring?

also cant minor photo editing tricks or meta data editing easily foil image recog software? or even just lovely compression/downgrading quality.

It’s not being censored, people are posting a blurred version as a joke.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

If he just came out and said "I paid $44 million for this goddamn website so anyone that pisses me off is getting booted" it would be received much better than this.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Is there some chronology of Lowtax's meltdown or something? I see these comparisons and I understand the end of it but I don't follow the "mid-game," so to speak. Like, was he committing abuse and then going online to just ban a bunch of people to continue a rush or something?

I'm asking if there's some link somewhere about this because this has some real derail risk here and I imagine somebody's already long-posted it.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Is there some chronology of Lowtax's meltdown or something? I see these comparisons and I understand the end of it but I don't follow the "mid-game," so to speak. Like, was he committing abuse and then going online to just ban a bunch of people to continue a rush or something?

I'm asking if there's some link somewhere about this because this has some real derail risk here and I imagine somebody's already long-posted it.

it's been a minute but i remember the response to his abuse being so swift and directed solely against him that he basically disappeared immediately.

lovely situation but i was proud of the userbase that there was not really a soul supporting his bullshit from start to finish.

pencilhands fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Dec 16, 2022

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I was actually wondering how his kids and exes and stuff are doing now, but if they're just living their life and not in contact with anyone about this I'm not gonna try to find out.

Just hope they're doing alright

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Republicans posted:

If he just came out and said "I paid $44 million for this goddamn website so anyone that pisses me off is getting booted" it would be received much better than this.
I think you mean 44 billion.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

haveblue posted:

He’ll get regulated when he starts mass banning Democrats and RINOs

No they’ll do nothing about that.
Free speech is protected.

Using monopoly power of a platform to push out competitors might get a response if they manage to not implode.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Crows Turn Off posted:

I think you mean 44 billion.

Could actually have just divided that up evenly across all 330 whatever million Americans and shut up 99% of the people criticizing him for his idiocy. Instead he had a trust fund tantrum because a few people were "being mean" to him and now everyone knows he's a manbaby instead.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Fister Roboto posted:

It would be nice if seeing the richest man in the world have a fullblown public meltdown would make more people realize that, hey, maybe we shouldn't allow anyone to have that much money and power. I'm not gonna hold my breath on that though.

the actual lesson in all of this is that we shouldn't allow anyone to post

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the actual lesson in all of this is that we shouldn't allow anyone to not post

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the actual lesson in all of this is that we shouldn't allow anyone to post

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the actual lesson in all of this is that we shouldn't allow anyone to not post

I agree with both of these positions.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You know like how the Sinfest guy went from merely radlib terf to full chud literally the week he got on twitter and started getting criticism from from women he couldn't deny

Things happen to these kind of people who have their carefully maintained bubble suddenly breached and their worldview built around it shattered

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

MadJackal posted:

It’s so enjoyable seeing the line where even his own diehards realize the grift.

I honestly believe this and the boring re-election announcement are an inflection point where his primary numbers nosedive and DeSantis starts flexing his moronic grassroot support.

i think alot of them were fine being lied as long as trump was saying the right things and making enough noise that allowed them to believe in their Qanon fanfiction but now both of those things made him look weak and crooked and a bunch of them would rather have desantis who is actually hurting people.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You know like how the Sinfest guy went from merely radlib terf to full chud literally the week he got on twitter and started getting criticism from from women he couldn't deny

Things happen to these kind of people who have their carefully maintained bubble suddenly breached and their worldview built around it shattered

yeah, though going from uber sex negative type of feminist to terf to chud isnt that many leaps to begin with. morality police types like him of any stripe usually end up going full chud at some point.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

The Lowtax and Elon comparisons are being made explicitly by a Washington Post and Buzzfeed reporter right after Elon got driven out of the chat.

Just amazing.

I was thinking last night about the old D&D purges being a similar point of comparison. Partisanship and personal insecurity masquerading as community concern. Watch for Elon to also pivot to “it was a joke/performance piece, where’s your sense of humor?”

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The reason that Twitter Space talk that the banned journalists were hosting went off the air was not because Elon shut the space down after he got driven out.

It was because he shut down the entire Twitter Spaces feature worldwide after he got kicked out.

I tried to start one and it is fully disabled.

By the way, to any Buzzfeed and New York Times reporters reading: Thank you! Working hard!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

TheDisreputableDog posted:

I was thinking last night about the old D&D purges being a similar point of comparison. Partisanship and personal insecurity masquerading as community concern. Watch for Elon to also pivot to “it was a joke/performance piece, where’s your sense of humor?”

He already posted a Twitter poll asking if/when he should unban those jouranlists and the like "YES, RIGHT NOW" choice won of course so he followed it up with like haha practice poll uhm uh just kidding I'll post the uh REAL poll later

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Katie Notopoulos shouts out SA! :buddy:

SHOW U ARE SELF COWARD

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Neo Rasa posted:

He already posted a Twitter poll asking if/when he should unban those jouranlists and the like "YES, RIGHT NOW" choice won of course so he followed it up with like haha practice poll uhm uh just kidding I'll post the uh REAL poll later

Literally "sorry, too many options, I'll do this again later"

Which is the same thing former WWE wrestler Ryback kept doing when everyone responded to his "should I retire" twitter polls with "yes"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The reason that Twitter Space talk that the banned journalists were hosting went off the air was not because Elon shut the space down after he got driven out.

It was because he shut down the entire Twitter Spaces feature worldwide after he got kicked out.

I tried to start one and it is fully disabled.

By the way, to any Buzzfeed and New York Times reporters reading: Thank you! Working hard!

https://twitter.com/Lores_borg_lore/status/1603700357460160512

It's even better that that: when Musk ripped Spaces out of Twitter's code, it also took a bunch of basic functionalities from the Android Twitter app with it, and I'm not sure if they've been restored yet.

He is 100% Lowtax angrily tearing through Radium's garbage coding to try and delete one subforum and accidentally locking GBS in the process or something.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

This is all very funny to imagine him having that little self awareness.

I keep thinking there's gotta be a point where even he realizes he's being loving ridiculous but the internet has proven that that's not how this works at all for people so, that's probably not going to ever happen I guess.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

BrainDance posted:

This is all very funny to imagine him having that little self awareness.

I keep thinking there's gotta be a point where even he realizes he's being loving ridiculous but the internet has proven that that's not how this works at all for people so, that's probably not going to ever happen I guess.

He's someone that was born into wealth and power, and has probably been surrounded by yes-men and sycophants for decades, if not his whole life. I can honestly believe that Chapelle's show was the first time he actually had any negative feedback given to his face and it broke his mind.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

https://twitter.com/Lores_borg_lore/status/1603700357460160512

It's even better that that: when Musk ripped Spaces out of Twitter's code, it also took a bunch of basic functionalities from the Android Twitter app with it, and I'm not sure if they've been restored yet.

He is 100% Lowtax angrily tearing through Radium's garbage coding to try and delete one subforum and accidentally locking GBS in the process or something.

Lowtax actually created something once in his life.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Randalor posted:

He's someone that was born into wealth and power, and has probably been surrounded by yes-men and sycophants for decades, if not his whole life. I can honestly believe that Chapelle's show was the first time he actually had any negative feedback given to his face and it broke his mind.

Which is why he suddenly became paranoid.

Mizaq
Sep 12, 2001

Monkey Magic
Toilet Rascal
Is he banning people on twitter yet for stuff they post elsewhere? I suppose he probably doesn’t have the staff to accomplish that right now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mizaq posted:

Is he banning people on twitter yet for stuff they post elsewhere? I suppose he probably doesn’t have the staff to accomplish that right now.

Not en masse but here's very obviously banning people for whatever subjective reasons he can think of and Twitter's published rules no longer have any meaning

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Especially when he changes them after the fact.

Imagine if Elon somehow manages to make everyone realize EULAs and TOS are bullshit

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I just don't get how these people who could just do blow and hookers forever in the Scrooge McDuck vault on their yacht... feel such need to post.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Mizaq posted:

No, he'll just ban you and then make up a reason later.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I just don't get how these people who could just do blow and hookers forever in the Scrooge McDuck vault on their yacht... feel such need to post.

Jack Dorsey is a huge piece of poo poo but the only time I ever had to see him was when people made fun of his new age mindfulness garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
The majority of billionaires stay incredibly quiet and you don't see them in the news. Musk is an exception because, to a huge degree, his wealth was built off his public profile as a tech mogul: Tesla is massively overvalued because of the brand and that's where a lot of his wealth is/was.