Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Imo Elon musk should issue mod challenges to every poster who displeases him, those always work out and are fondly remembered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Glumslinger posted:

Who the gently caress is around Elon at this point besides broke brained right-wing tech bros? They want him to keep tweeting

Q folks love him now because he's perpetuating all the 2016 memes they were into

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Bleusilences posted:

In a 5 year's old singsong voice:

"You first!"

Said Elon musk, a 51 years old man with about a dozen of children.

lol, epic troll!!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
So he disabled spaces because that guy got around his ban using it right

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

So he disabled spaces because that guy got around his ban using it right

"Fixing a legacy bug"

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Q folks love him now because he's perpetuating all the 2016 memes they were into

He’s been really leaning into the Trumpiness now that it’s clear that Trump was actually serious about not returning to Twitter (because Musk is a needy loser who needs him to save Twitter).

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

No loving way. This man has negative balls. Anti-balls.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
owning the libs one gotcha at a time

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tippecanoe posted:

The absolute best thing for musk and everyone else is for him to log off and sadly he cannot

I disagree, it would be good for Musk if he logged off, but it's better for the world that he continues to publicly self-destruct.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Man its lucky elon doesn't have any other buisness ventures which would be negatively effected by his increasingly erratic and bizarre behaviour on a social media website he bought for some reason.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
https://twitter.com/ForeverEversley/status/1603612770892918784

Some real Streamer/Discord Mod Meltdown energy in Elon today.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The Glumslinger posted:

Who the gently caress is around Elon at this point besides broke brained right-wing tech bros? They want him to keep tweeting

Elon has highly paid outside advisors, twitter executives, investors, bankers, lawyers, people from his other companies, etc who most definitely do not want him to keep tweeting. I imagine them all having panic attacks throughout the day every time he tweets.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Quick does anyone have a link to his livejournal page???

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope Elon Musk gets gangrene on his balls

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Really do feel the scariest part of tonight was hearing a Musk apologist jump into that chatroom and press the journalists if it was them how they'd feel. As if that was some gotcha and not a perfect way to talk about how, yes, some personal data is inadvertently public.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Sophy Wackles posted:

Elon has highly paid outside advisors, twitter executives, investors, bankers, lawyers, people from his other companies, etc who most definitely do not want him to keep tweeting. I imagine them all having panic attacks throughout the day every time he tweets.

Good thing panic attacks are really effective in stopping someone else from doing something

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Really do feel the scariest part of tonight was hearing a Musk apologist jump into that chatroom and press the journalists if it was them how they'd feel. As if that was some gotcha and not a perfect way to talk about how, yes, some personal data is inadvertently public.

Honestly the most inexplicable group of people on earth. I just can't understand how people get this invested in "protecting" someone they have never met.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Wasn’t that Jason Calacanis?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

I hope Elon Musk gets gangrene on his balls

Excellent post/avatar synergy.

Personally, I'm hoping for him to meltdown to the point he inadvertently posts a mycrimes.txt bad enough to generate some actual consequences.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Unban is up to 59% lol

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Machai posted:

I can no longer like tweets directly from the timeline in the Android app. I have to click on the tweet and then like it.

This poo poo is so broken.

I can’t like or comment or share anything Musk posts via the iOS app (it’s all greyed out), but I can do all of that no problem on the desktop site. poo poo is mega busted.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Mastodon getting hammered with new registrations again and running slow. If you're one of those don't be dissuaded by how janky and broken it appears, it'll get back to normal in a day or so.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
At this rate it's potentially a countdown to "I'm shutting down Twitter for my personal safety and free speech", given the signal ratio on calling Elon a loving idiot who needs to go outside is only growing.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1603659604906213376

“I’m not owned I’m not owned”

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Honestly the most inexplicable group of people on earth. I just can't understand how people get this invested in "protecting" someone they have never met.

Listen to anyone talk about their favorite politician, sports star, actor, musician or online personality. Parasocial relationships are getting more common and it’s being driven by social media. I agree I don’t understand it and it’s obviously unhealthy.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

lol, スペース廃止 (space abolition or removal) and スペース機能 (space function) are trending in japan. elon gonna wake up to a lotta complaints from the country with the most twitter adoption

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

nero af

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Mr. Fix It posted:

lol, スペース廃止 (space abolition or removal) and スペース機能 (space function) are trending in japan. elon gonna wake up to a lotta complaints from the country with the most twitter adoption

He wont hear about it. He fired the entire Japanese Twitter office

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Lol, half the comments are people complaining that likes and retweets don't work.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Nooner posted:

Unban is up to 59% lol

He is going to unban them after 1 day, because "the people have spoken," but in effect it is a 1 day ban.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I wish I hadn't followed the Trending link for Transgender. Jesus Christ, Twitter has a huge loving transphobia problem. I knew the chuds were well-entrenched there, but holy hell that site cannot die fast enough.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

*on

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Remember when Disney was looking into buying the site and backed out immediately because they realized they were just going to inherit nothing but toxic shitposters who'd make the company public enemy #1?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I wish I hadn't followed the Trending link for Transgender. Jesus Christ, Twitter has a huge loving transphobia problem. I knew the chuds were well-entrenched there, but holy hell that site cannot die fast enough.

Has always been a problem but pretty sure a whole bunch more were just let back in, and with moderation gone at the moment seems the sties utterly gone to the dogs.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Dense and intense assassination coordinates

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

https://twitter.com/ForeverEversley/status/1603612770892918784

I wanna say really bad things about elon being a wuss.

He should just nutt up and tell those journalist its his foot ball and they can play by his rules or get out, rather than that horse poo poo loving call.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

I tweeted his “assassination coordinates” / a link to ADSB Exchange a day ago. One like, one comment, one permaban. Saved me from making the decision on deleting it.

The appeal link is broken for me too :allears:

Edit
loving hell. Deactivate account is broken too

DRINK ME fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Dec 16, 2022

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Musk being new money is painfully obvious with the jet thing. There is a whole industry built up around “new money buys, old money rents” and it started well over 100 years ago with private ships. Firstly jets and yachts depreciate like a rock and the maintenance bullshit is horrible, not just with money but volume of paperwork. Secondly if there is a whole fleet owned by someone else then no one knows which one you are on.

Only time having a private jet makes sense is if you have a private airport or are getting on a helicopter to the final destination. Getting off your private plane and getting in a car has always been dumb as poo poo, especially in LA.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Guys I have his next poll after this one fails:

7 days
7 days
7 days
Other (dont click)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Send in the cyber antifa hit squad to blow up Elon Musk and his family like the ending of xXx: State of the Union