Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Supremezero posted:

That's middle volume 2, yes.

Funny, I would have bet it was the end of volume 2 with the way it wrapped things up nicely. C'es la vie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

The Colonel posted:

the actual quotes from people who've interacted with miyazaki are so funny when you contrast them with people who think he's the turbo otaku hater. the man is pure grade old otaku

The man is the biggest curmudgeon in animation. He hates everyone.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

AlternateNu posted:

The man is the biggest curmudgeon in animation. He hates everyone.

Further cementing his hardcore Otaku cred then.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Supremezero posted:

That's middle volume 2, yes.

That's a really weird place to put that. The manga version puts that at the end of a volume (vol. 5) since it's a really good stopping point for that. LN pacing is weird.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
For fun, the english light novel recently released Volume 11. If they somehow keep a season as a volume and a half (still kind of mind boggling honestly), they'll have content forever.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I swear I heard Sword Dad was originally a Web Novel, is the LN's pacing just an artifact of that? Or, more likely, am I blowing hot air?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
It was a web novel, but I'm not sure that did anything significant to pacing.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Supremezero posted:

For fun, the english light novel recently released Volume 11. If they somehow keep a season as a volume and a half (still kind of mind boggling honestly), they'll have content forever.

the light novel is pretty far behind the web novel too, probably going to end up 25+ volumes

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

That's a really weird place to put that. The manga version puts that at the end of a volume (vol. 5) since it's a really good stopping point for that. LN pacing is weird.

I read the manga just as the series came out; Chapter 30 was a very obvious place to end season 1 so no surprises there. Have no idea what the pacing is like in the LN tho.

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009
Browser crash double-post

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Speaking of adaptation progression, how does I prefer the villainess get anywhere at all. I think the manga is only just now finishing Manaria in magazine which would be like volume ten or some poo poo I have no idea. Soooo uhhh an entire season of slapstick and politics?

err wait its just an announcement aint it its not next season oh god its the middle of decemeber jfc

kater fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Dec 15, 2022

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

kater posted:

Speaking of adaptation progression, how does I prefer the villainess get anywhere at all. I think the manga is only just now finishing Manaria in magazine which would be like volume ten or some poo poo I have no idea. Soooo uhhh an entire season of slapstick and politics?

err wait its just an announcement aint it its not next season oh god its the middle of decemeber jfc

Light Novel the manga is based on is already done and I'd imagine the series is gonna cover the first 2 volumes which is a complete arc and has a good ending point

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Omnicrom posted:

Apparently the Twitter for it is implying we're getting a season two, so that's nice. It wasn't amazing but I enjoy pulp given appropriate moderation.
Oh, that's good news. Honestly, in a less packed season the show would certainly be doing much better in the ratings. Hell, if it had been a Summer release, it would have been near the top of the heap.

I loved Teacher's reaction to Fran's new equipment, too. Very dadly of him.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Doodles posted:

Meanwhile, Sword Dad has wrapped up quite nicely for the moment, with a "to be continued" that I hope the show gets to make good on. Bit of a surprise that Amanda knew Fran's parents as she raised them at her orphanage, but I imagine readers of the manga were waiting for it.

It was very heavily hinted last episode, so not exactly a surprise.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

chumbler posted:

Look he doesn't want to get the wrong idea.

Akari: Look I'm really pissed that you're looking at all of these other girls and not at me. And I'm also really pissed that you're not acting as close to me as we do at home.
Jiro: You sound like you want to be my girlfriend.
Akari: EW NO I'M NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND, VIRGIN.

Perfection.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/KaijuNo8_O/status/1603404525347274753?s=19

Kaiju No. 8 anime for 2024. Animation by IG, kaiju design by khara.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
While the current stuff is kinda weak, the first season or two of Kaiju no.8 should be a solid banger.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1603151901448716289?t=XnPCqIvgtpv3ePTEMN6wHQ&s=19

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

no

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lighting makes it look like a Sixties Bond movie. Which I suppose is appropriate.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

lol, next Netflix will announce its making a live action Blood+.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
japanese adaptation of japanese material makes it sound more palatable

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

There's already a million live action adaptions of City Hunter so heck, what's one more.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah this just seems like the yuyu hakusho thing where it's a regular live action adaptation of something that netflix just has some money in rather than being entirely pushed by netflix for western audiences

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i will allow it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

Akari: Look I'm really pissed that you're looking at all of these other girls and not at me. And I'm also really pissed that you're not acting as close to me as we do at home.
Jiro: You sound like you want to be my girlfriend.
Akari: EW NO I'M NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND, VIRGIN.

Perfection.

She's like a paper thin barrier away from finally admitting it to herself.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Srice posted:

There's already a million live action adaptions of City Hunter so heck, what's one more.

yeah i saw that and i was reminded of that french one

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
include the mokkori, you cowards.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1603653687561584640

2023 the year of yuri

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1603697436811460608

also ash is dead

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

A part of me kinda hopes they'll evolve Pikachu by the end of that last run of Ash's journey, just to firmly cap the series in a "Can't EVER go back" way.

Alola Region Raichu for preference, cause if we're gonna dream, dream big.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Those last 11 eps will feature brock and misty as the companions for full nostalgia baiting, too

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Good manga imo. I will attempt to watch the anime

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good

F

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Goddamn my childhood really is dead. Time to become an alcoholic!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
We're approaching the climax of this season, and as we do so, we look forward to what's to come next season.

https://anichart.net/Winter-2023

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2023/winter

As always, if you have any title recommendations for the next seasonal thread, please share them below.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Julias posted:

We're approaching the climax of this season, and as we do so, we look forward to what's to come next season.

https://anichart.net/Winter-2023

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2023/winter

As always, if you have any title recommendations for the next seasonal thread, please share them below.

wow, not a whole lot catches my eye there

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
There could be literally no other anime airing and I would be still hyped for the Winter season thanks to Vinland Saga 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Is that Nika and Guel