Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I'm aware but my understanding is that it fulfills the religious obligation to wear a sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Tankbuster posted:

the kirpan is a knife.

*Aussie accent* I see you've played kirpan-y spoon-y before!

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

Weka posted:

I find it amusing the Canadian armed forces designed a whole new knife that is more similar to a traditional Sikh knife when I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter from a religious standpoint. I wonder if any Sikhs have tried to use a standardized sword.

It seems kinda cool and a Sikh cop would for sure wear a kirpan

"A kirpan is a mandatory Sikh article of faith. It is carried by
Amritdhari (initiated) Sikhs at all times. The word “kirpan” comes
from two Punjabi words: ‘Kirpa’ means an act of kindness, a favor;
and ‘Aan’ means honor and self- respect"

https://www.sikhcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/kirpan-factsheet-aug2018.pdf

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

what the hell is going on

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Kirpans are kind of like Gurkha Khukris. Changing the shape/design is pretty pointless.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

CODChimera posted:

what the hell is going on

It looks like they were holding out for concessions, but they've withdrawn their objections now.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Malleum posted:

you used to be able to get fancy soviet surplus winter coats and uniform pieces for cheap but then etsy banned all russian and belarusian accounts. the surviving ukranian ones are three times as expensive and you cant track them because the postal system is all hosed up

the russian guy i got some boots from gave me a tiny picture of his cat and 10 kopecs to apologize for a three day delay in actually sending it out and i think my current ukranian coat in-transit is going to come with a severed human finger or something after disappearing in kiev for a month

what color was the cat

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

iCe-CuBe. posted:

Polish official, go gently caress yourself

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

the most obvious result in the world has happened. slava ukrani

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

OctaMurk posted:

NATO refusing to cough up like 80B/year across the entire alliance for ukraine is ridiculous lol. Thats not a lot of money to "Save Europe" or w.e considering that this is the war the alliance was designed to fight

nato was designed to fight communism. this is just the ukrainian bourgeoisie selling ukraine to Capital.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
2B/m damages caused by $10000 suicide drones. Sounds like a good deal.

Also business must be booming for whatever country making electrical distribution equipments.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

stephenthinkpad posted:

2B/m damages caused by $10000 suicide drones. Sounds like a good deal.

Also business must be booming for whatever country making electrical distribution equipments.

I am so ready to find out that Ukraine still uses some special Soviet grid for which replacement parts are only produced in Russia and which Russia continues to sell to Ukraine, somehow.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ukraine didn't have an economy to destroy. Libs seem to forget it was one of the most poor and corrupt nations in Europe.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Zodium posted:

nato was designed to fight communism. this is just the ukrainian bourgeoisie selling ukraine to Capital.

yeah the looting of Ukraine is a primary aim of the west, it's the one thing libs won't accept or even comprehend. So whatever finances are agreed upon have to revolve around the fact that Ukraine must be trimmed to the bone and turned into a looted neoliberal hell. Or as Boris Johnson put it, Europe's Dubai.

Flipswitch posted:

Ukraine didn't have an economy to destroy. Libs seem to forget it was one of the most poor and corrupt nations in Europe.

No but it had a public sector.

Regarde Aduck has issued a correction as of 12:23 on Dec 16, 2022

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Flipswitch posted:

it had a lower GDP and a lower GDP per capita than loving Belarus. If Ukraine ever joined the EU (never gonna happen) it would be a blackhole in the European economy. insane that all those eurocrats are championing this corrupt loser nation

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ukraine doesn't need a GDP of anything. They have all of europe as their paypigs.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

oscarthewilde posted:

it had a lower GDP and a lower GDP per capita than loving Belarus. If Ukraine ever joined the EU (never gonna happen) it would be a blackhole in the European economy. insane that all those eurocrats are championing this corrupt loser nation

yes but belarus is worse off.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Does anybody have a problem of US sending 20B to Ukraine every year? i don't. US spending imperial resources to the blake holes in Afghanistan and Ukraine is good for the rest of the world.

Privatizing the remaining of the Ukraine public sector is not going to make a dime of difference. It's about as meaningful as privatizing Pakistan's state owned sectors.

Obviously the rebuilding is not going to happen, the whole world knows it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Ukraine will be rebuilt if it's fully conquered by Russia

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Mexico will pay for it.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Mexico will pay for it.

lol i genuinely wonder how woulve all gone do2wn with trump at the helm

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Ukraine will be rebuilt if it's fully conquered by Russia

You think so?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

genericnick posted:

You think so?

this just came down the poipeline to my lungs,: the soviet union is to be re-established

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
we're going to rebuild stalingrad, except nine times biggür

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

genericnick posted:

You think so?

They already rebuilt Mariupol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Ukraine is big though

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/apmassaro3/status/1603143317230870528

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Bring on to the security council all nuclear powers.

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Did they though?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

genericnick posted:

Ukraine is big though

there's a reason they call it big Israel

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1603695840945635329

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Leandros posted:

Did they though?

I'd like to know this too, seems like nothing but propaganda videos of blocks in ruin on one side and freshly built apartments on the other

guessing based on the sheer amount of damage parts are still in very bad shape, but there is some effort being put in

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

those explosions do not appear to be close to the plane at all

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Is there actually any rebuilding funded by any regional or outside government in Syria?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

so sad anyway continue funding us and giving us weapons slava utini!

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

it looks like dongs pointing downwards into the lower cloud layer.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

oscarthewilde posted:

this cant be right everyone knows ukraine is filled with white people

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i heard it was the birthplace of humanity (white) and the heart of all culture (white)

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Make eastern Ukraine an International Park to reserve it. The UNESCO Violent Free Zone of East Ukraine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

stephenthinkpad posted:

Is there actually any rebuilding funded by any regional or outside government in Syria?

That would be colonialism.