Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
He hit his head on a rock when him and cyclops landed from the impromptu parachute jump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Spidey Super Stories #55 (1981)

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Endless Mike posted:

When Quicksilver runs into Scarlet Witch it's just like if you ran into someone at normal speed
I like the implication that Quicksilver normally just gibs people he runs into

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

CharlestheHammer posted:

They are immune because family members powers don’t work in each other.

Very few writers stick to this outside those two

They should have had Quicksilver be completely unaffected by Wanda's reality warp in House of M, but he was just "Huh, I'm a prince now. Weird, but I'll play along."

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Angry Salami posted:

They should have had Quicksilver be completely unaffected by Wanda's reality warp in House of M, but he was just "Huh, I'm a prince now. Weird, but I'll play along."

Well that was magic, not her misfortune powers

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kulkasha posted:

I like the implication that Quicksilver normally just gibs people he runs into

Why that sounds like an excellent inciting incident in a violent dark comedy/drama take on the superhero genre!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

thetoughestbean posted:

Well that was magic, not her misfortune powers

Then explain how she was susceptible to Magneto's Magnetic Personality power!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

CharlestheHammer posted:

They are immune because family members powers don’t work in each other.

Very few writers stick to this outside those two

Yeah, that always seemed weird to me.

Like, if it was "Our powers come from the same punch-dimension, and we're immune to that energy" that would make a lot more sense. Cyclops is clearly immune to his own power, because he doesn't blast his eyelids off when he closes them.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Taerkar posted:

Then explain how she was susceptible to Magneto's Magnetic Personality power!

He’s a charismatic man, and her father besides

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Elfface posted:

Yeah, that always seemed weird to me.

Like, if it was "Our powers come from the same punch-dimension, and we're immune to that energy" that would make a lot more sense. Cyclops is clearly immune to his own power, because he doesn't blast his eyelids off when he closes them.

Speaking as a kid with a same-age brother, we both accepted the "brothers are immune" thing on face value. It was just fun.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Every time I remember that fact about their powers it just makes me think about the game X-Men Legends (or maybe it was Legends 2 I forget) where you could do a bunch of bonus missions for characters and one was just fighting Havok as Cyclops solo and it was a huge pain in the rear end because his powers only did like 1 HP and it loving sucked

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

TwoPair posted:

Every time I remember that fact about their powers it just makes me think about the game X-Men Legends (or maybe it was Legends 2 I forget) where you could do a bunch of bonus missions for characters and one was just fighting Havok as Cyclops solo and it was a huge pain in the rear end because his powers only did like 1 HP and it loving sucked

That wasn’t a bonus, there is a required fight in the first Legends game where the Summers brothers have to 1 v 1 each other, hope you put points in Cyclops’ otherwise bad buff skill.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Darthemed posted:

Spidey Super Stories #55 (1981)

Some is going sue Spidey Super Stories for defamation...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Maltose posted:

That wasn’t a bonus, there is a required fight in the first Legends game where the Summers brothers have to 1 v 1 each other, hope you put points in Cyclops’ otherwise bad buff skill.

No but I put points into whichever skill it was that added radiation damage to his beams so I used that to chip away at him

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Punisher War Zone #21 (1993)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Darthemed posted:

Don't think anyone ever accused the Punisher of being a philosophy doctor before.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Always room for Christmas Phud

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dark Web - X-Men #01 (2023)

Bless Duggan for not taking this crossover seriously at all and just hamming it up.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I haven't read the Venom parts, but neither Duggan nor Wells are taking it seriously. I'm sure Jed McKay will break this awful trend in Black Cat & Mary Jane and take this crossover as seriously as it's clearly intended to be.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darthemed posted:

Phud.

(Also, Batman.)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Endless Mike posted:

I haven't read the Venom parts, but neither Duggan nor Wells are taking it seriously. I'm sure Jed McKay will break this awful trend in Black Cat & Mary Jane and take this crossover as seriously as it's clearly intended to be.

How serious can you take an event that desperately wants to be inferno again

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

How serious can you take an event that desperately wants to be inferno again

DEADLY

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Punisher #5 (2000)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Darthemed posted:

The Punisher #5 (2000)

Well yes, but maybe not for the reasons Frank is thinking of.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Saoshyant posted:

Dark Web - X-Men #01 (2023)

Bless Duggan for not taking this crossover seriously at all and just hamming it up.

It's Madelyne Pryor in a crossover, this feels very much like a sequel to the original Inferno crossover where Daredevil got attacked by a mailbox.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, that bible is definitely made of human leather.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
*me quietly addressing the receptionist* excuse me, which way is S E X U A L orientation counseling

Also that rentacop's not kidding, you could crack some domes with that tome

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

evilmiera posted:

Well yes, but maybe not for the reasons Frank is thinking of.

I visited America in 99 and every New Yorker was praising Giuliani for what a great job he did cleaning up the city.
Everyone felt legitimately happy.

Was only a teenager so I just took everybodies word for it, curious if he actually did do a good job at the time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My understanding of the situation is that he "cleaned up New York" by basically speed running gentrification and corporatization.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Taking a look at that first panel we got Rob Liefield showing off his Winchester rifle replica and being a dumb edgelord so nothing to about there, Grant Morrison, don't know what they're planning on doing with that knife but they're a good appple, genderfluid individual with a gun hate crimes against people like them has been on the rise can't really fault them feeling the need for protection and a lady who's not afraid of being called a slut for enjoying sex, good for her. So nothing wrong there, strange to see Grant Morrson and Rob Liefield hanging out together, but it's a small industry so who knows.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Infinitum posted:

I visited America in 99 and every New Yorker was praising Giuliani for what a great job he did cleaning up the city.
Everyone felt legitimately happy.

Was only a teenager so I just took everybodies word for it, curious if he actually did do a good job at the time.

Giuliana took credit for what was essentially a natural phenomenon happening across the United States. Boston, Philly, and Washington DC also had the same recovery in terms of crime (and other cities) and not all of them went full on gently caress the poor.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Darthemed posted:

The Punisher #5 (2000)

Oh poo poo

Punisher did 9/11

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I can't tell you the number of times my brwin tried to parse the crossbone as a scope

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

mercenarynuker posted:

I can't tell you the number of times my brwin tried to parse the crossbone as a scope

I stare at the scope bone and parse it as a bone scope no matter what.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Punisher War Journal #47 (1992)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Every time I see this I think it's Bagley and it fucks me up for a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

That's ... not a Bible?