Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
hey if I have to be miserable so does everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm very much not a fan of the Snyder movies but I mean I get it. Cavill was out for a couple years, then he gets brought back in for a cameo and there's a plan for a new movie with him, then like a week later it's all gone. I don't care, but if I can certainly see how someone who really like MoS would be heart broken

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gunn posted the Kingdom Come pic, maybe we can get Cavill has that Superman.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

Rents due.

You'll get your money when you FIX THIS drat DOOR!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Just a reminder that the best DC movie is a Teen Titans movie so it can be done.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Madkal posted:

Just a reminder that the best DC movie is the Adam West Batman movie so it can be done.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Madkal posted:

Just a reminder that the best DC movie are the Michael Keaton Batman movies so it can be done.

Also, this from a couple pages back but Cavill as Reed Richards is a really good match.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Darth Brooks posted:

Also, this from a couple pages back but Cavill as Reed Richards is a really good match.

At least then he could conceivably compete with Namor for Sue. Because as it is right now my man Namor is gonna be hard to beat.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I could definitely buy Cavill as an incredibly intelligent but cold and possibly dangerous person far more than Krasinski, that’s for sure.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Plus you wouldn't need to CGI the muscles in the suit like in MoM

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Someone edit the Mission Impossible arm reload to have them fly around all rubbery

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

One of the reasons I like the classic Kirby manly Reed is that it fits with the early Marvel superpowers that were ironic somehow. Having the square-jawed adventurer guy but his power makes him all stretchy and spindly feels incongruous in the right way. Another reason is that he fits more of a pulp hero mold, like a Doc Savage type where he's both in top physical shape and is incredibly smart.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TwoPair posted:

You'll get your money when you FIX THIS drat DOOR!

"I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye" - james gunn, probably

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Opopanax posted:

I'm very much not a fan of the Snyder movies but I mean I get it. Cavill was out for a couple years, then he gets brought back in for a cameo and there's a plan for a new movie with him, then like a week later it's all gone. I don't care, but if I can certainly see how someone who really like MoS would be heart broken

The way I see it is Man of Steel came out in 2013. That was ten years ago. If they wanted to make a direct sequel With Cavil they would have already done so. 2 different WB teams opted not to move forward with his Superman after Justice League. His cameo in Black Adam is incredibly disingenuous because it’s clear The Rock caught wind of all the Snyder nonsense and wanted to use that to hype his movie.

Gunn and the new management team have the right to start over as far as I’m concerned

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1603863260087869451?s=20&t=OrbM5gRX-94C5Q9vd1KS8g

https://twitter.com/MatthewACherry/status/1603867867040006144?s=20&t=OrbM5gRX-94C5Q9vd1KS8g

site fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 16, 2022

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Just do it piecemeal, one character/actor at a time. But do it on camera.

The entire movie is Miller running, faster and faster, as people disappear one by one like the photo in BTTF. 90 minutes of just a guy running as people around him vanish. And at the end, Miller himself disappears in a puff of smoke and LITERALLY ANYBODY ELSE comes zooming along in a Flash suit.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

Just do it piecemeal, one character/actor at a time. But do it on camera.

The entire movie is Miller running, faster and faster, as people disappear one by one like the photo in BTTF. 90 minutes of just a guy running as people around him vanish. And at the end, Miller himself disappears in a puff of smoke and LITERALLY ANYBODY ELSE comes zooming along in a Flash suit.

DCAU Flash in a Roger Rabbit move. Do it WBD you cowards

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 16, 2022

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

You could have him reprise his role as Aaron Davis, do a whole-rear end movie about Prowler, introduce Miles, and have it all tie into the MCU.

But instead we get this.

Sony gonna Sony, I guess. I just wish they, you know, wouldn't.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This sounds like it was very likely Glover's idea

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

This sounds like it was very likely Glover's idea

OK but whose idea was it to tell him "Yes let's do that."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

He's a musician so I guess it works? I'm guessing it's going to try to be funny, like the GotG of the SMCU. Not as funny as Morbius, though.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I want to see where it goes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This seems stupid in a fun way, I'll allow it

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'll only give it a chance if it's a full-on Blaxploitation homage and Glover does his best Rudy Ray Moore impersonation.

It can either choose to take itself (semi) seriously, or it can go the Black Dynamite route.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Hypno Hustler could either fall apart due to studio interference or be a very fun movie. There's just no way to get into a movie like that and hope to collect a paycheck for something generic.

Speaking of generic, I just saw Black Adam. It was not good. A couple of bright spots but highly generic, like it was written by folks who just wanted to get this poo poo done and move on to the next project.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Given how Morbius performed and how unexciting Kraven seems to be, I'm surprised they're signing any new deals until that and Madame Web are out and they can see. I guess they need to plan ahead so they can put weird stingers in

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Sony is just a shell game where actors briefly attach themselves to Spider-Man movies that never happen.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Open Marriage Night posted:

Sony is just a shell game where actors briefly attach themselves to Spider-Man movies that never happen.

Kraven and Madame Web have at least done principle photography.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I finally watched the Snyder Cut and I really have nothing new to add. Better than Whedon, too long, uneven, and messy anyway. Not a bad watch but not one I’ll do again. But holy poo poo that weird cheap ending thing is the worst. It just kept going and killed any positive momentum I had for the film.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
you know Gunn did tweet that Kingdom Come image. Maybe Cavill gets to be old man Superman in a couple years.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

My main question, is the movie simply called Hypno-Hustler?

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

I finally watched the Snyder Cut and I really have nothing new to add. Better than Whedon, too long, uneven, and messy anyway. Not a bad watch but not one I’ll do again. But holy poo poo that weird cheap ending thing is the worst. It just kept going and killed any positive momentum I had for the film.

Yeah, I really enjoyed ZSJL but that scene was bizarre in how bad it was.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

you know Gunn did tweet that Kingdom Come image. Maybe Cavill gets to be old man Superman in a couple years.

If we get a movie featuring an old Superman, this is the only one I will care about.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
that's extremely my poo poo

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Between clearly handing a random rear end character to Glover and letting him do what he wants with it and Bad Bunny's decent performance in the four minutes he's in Bullet Traun, I'm kinda intrigued by what Sony's doing now.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

live with fruit posted:

Between clearly handing a random rear end character to Glover and letting him do what he wants with it and Bad Bunny's decent performance in the four minutes he's in Bullet Traun, I'm kinda intrigued by what Sony's doing now.

I don't know why they'd care, but maybe it was part of a deal to bring him back for the Community movie on Peacock? I mean, the numbers don't add up but giving actors their own weird projects is a time-honored way of getting actors to sign on to other projects.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Christ alive I loving hope so but there’s as far as I know zero bad blood between Glover and the rest of the Community cast or Harmon. I mean, he showed up to that Covid table read which kicked off this whole “maybe the movie will finally happen” poo poo in the first place, and when he was asked said he’d be willing to do it if it ever happened over just declining to comment or “depends on my schedule” vagueness.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
They're gonna Melissa McCarthy in the new Gilmore Girls season him. Troy's rich as hell so it'd be hard to write him going back to community college for the third time anyway.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

live with fruit posted:

Troy's rich as hell so it'd be hard to write him going back to community college for the third time anyway.
He gets the lucrative Community College HVAC contract and decides to take classes just to hang around.
Pierce but cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Open Marriage Night posted:

There has to be a master list of these stupid Spider-Man spinoffs that go no where. Geeks like Sony announces a new one ever two months.