Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
half of those are parodies folks are supposed to laugh at. it is genuinely funny to me that it has morphed into being mocked as sincere in the Content Mill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Kazinsal posted:

if only these poor idiot children had been taught the basics of creative writing instead of being given unfettered access to the internet's echo chambers, we'd have 100% fewer fake self-diagnosed DID cases and much more hilariously bad fanfiction to laugh at like the good ol days

I believe you'll find there are reams and reams of godawful fanfiction about these Minecraft guys, although I can't tell you if any of it is funny or if it's actually being written by children

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Sleng Teng posted:

I haven't played in like 2 expansions because my friends stopped playing. but every now and again I look at the lore/spoiler thread or whatever it's called and boy it gets loving heated and weird in there lol. in addition to the main thread

yeah actually I think I believe this.

yeah it owns that if you misunderstand or misinterpret anything in the spoiler thread, six people will scream THAT IS OBJECTIVELY WRONG at you

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

FuturePastNow posted:

yeah it owns that if you misunderstand or misinterpret anything in the spoiler thread, six people will scream THAT IS OBJECTIVELY WRONG at you

It's a very good thread for making dumb shitposts, disclaiming them as dumb shitposts you don't really believe in, and still getting WELL ACTUALLY THE CANON SAYS-ed

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Started a re-run of the Arkham series (except Origins gently caress you) I am so happy

hell yeah

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Can't imagine paying 15 bucks a month to play an MMO when Xenoblade has existed for 10 years

hell yeah

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Leal posted:

goons yelling at Yoshi P and unfriending him because ff16 has a male protagonist named Clive

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waifu Radia posted:

half of those are parodies folks are supposed to laugh at. it is genuinely funny to me that it has morphed into being mocked as sincere in the Content Mill

back in the days of peak tumblr tons of people would fall for insanely obvious bait and then use it as proof that the SJWs had gone mad.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://youtu.be/aVi33_9OP6Q

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Endorph posted:

back in the days of peak tumblr tons of people would fall for insanely obvious bait and then use it as proof that the SJWs had gone mad.

Mind you, there were also plenty of things that sounded like insanely obvious bait that were actually real. Like the witchery group stealing human bones from a black cemetery. Or the Hamilton high school AIDS fanfic controversy.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Mind you, there were also plenty of things that sounded like insanely obvious bait that were actually real. Like the witchery group stealing human bones from a black cemetery. Or the Hamilton high school AIDS fanfic controversy.

I 100% believe that the witchcraft people attempting to hex ISIS or whatever the gently caress was "real" in the sense that they were all strung out to gently caress on research chemicals and felt the blowback of it in the form of a bad trip alerting them to their impending development of TempleOS grade schizophrenia

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Does anyone remember when due to some sort of gently caress up (or possibly intentional...??) FYAD poster Dio was given mod powers over PYF instead of IK powers for FYAD after winning the IK contest and made a big ultimatum thread about it. it was really funny but I can't find it.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
I just think FF16 looks kinda dull compared to the much more interesting ideas of the previous games.

I felt the same about Tales of Arise, too.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

Antivehicular posted:

It's a very good thread for making dumb shitposts, disclaiming them as dumb shitposts you don't really believe in, and still getting WELL ACTUALLY THE CANON SAYS-ed

These yeah. But there are also some folks who come up with some quite frankly bizarre interpretations with utmost seriousness and then get mad at the writers for crap they didn’t write, and then people who don’t agree

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

The Tumblr Bone Witch was technically an incident where a Tumblr poster called out something the bone thief confessed to in a witch Facebook group and it blew up outside Tumblr's witchcraft circles. The witch Facebook group self-destructed due to how pissed a lot of people were at the bone theft, too. So it's not like the bone thief was regularly blogging about stealing bones and everyone nodded along for a while.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Or the Hamilton high school AIDS fanfic controversy.

The what now?

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

The Tumblr Bone Witch was technically an incident where a Tumblr poster called out something the bone thief confessed to in a witch Facebook group and it blew up outside Tumblr's witchcraft circles. The witch Facebook group self-destructed due to how pissed a lot of people were at the bone theft, too. So it's not like the bone thief was regularly blogging about stealing bones and everyone nodded along for a while.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nuns with Guns posted:

They're using them to make more bone soldiers. And more importantly, fleets of bone cars

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

I saw that.

What is "the Hamilton high school AIDS fanfic controversy" story?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Mountain Goats - The Hamilton High School AIDS Fanfic Controversy

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the tumblr bone witch thing was, a tumblr witch said that she found some human bones that washed up on a riverbank after a bad flood, and was interested in selling the bones to other people who wanted to cast spells with them. but in reality she was probably just grave robbing or something. big drama explosion.

the hamilton aids fanfic was a person who wrote, well, a long and well received fanfiction series about all the characters from hamilton, but what if they were in high school in the present day and they had aids. the author claimed to be, like, a non-binary pakistani lesbian and human trafficking victim or something wild like that, and her writing partner was somalian and also had HIV. they claimed to be very poor due to the numerous challenges that come from their traumatic lives and also because having HIV is very expensive, and solicited a bunch of money from fans. but it turns out that the author was just some random white college student from michigan or something, she had been pretending to be both people.

the internet rocks.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They're using them to make more bone soldiers. And more importantly, fleets of bone cars

drat that skeletrex

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

the hamilton aids fanfic was a person who wrote, well, a long and well received fanfiction series about all the characters from hamilton, but what if they were in high school in the present day and they had aids. the author claimed to be, like, a non-binary pakistani lesbian and human trafficking victim or something wild like that, and her writing partner was somalian and also had HIV. they claimed to be very poor due to the numerous challenges that come from their traumatic lives and also because having HIV is very expensive, and solicited a bunch of money from fans. but it turns out that the author was just some random white college student from michigan or something, she had been pretending to be both people.

is this the same person who ran a kickstarter game grift for something that was going to be all things to all oppressed people or w/e

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Me? Goon Saga!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

is this the same person who ran a kickstarter game grift for something that was going to be all things to all oppressed people or w/e

no, arkh project was something different:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HobbyDrama/comments/rcz16w/early_2010s_tumblr_the_arkh_project_what_the_hell/

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

the internet rocks.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

oh man i havent thought about the arkh project in forever lmfao

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Dogboner, Wood Thrush, Tree Bro and The Bi Bandit. When Twitter Got Weird.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Wait until you've read Vince's latest Spine

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

That's a great write-up, by the way.

"Every social media platform has a couple of grifts targeted at the culture of the website. Sometimes you get a 26-year-old woman making a scientifically accurate dragon breeding MMO, sometimes you crowdfund a racist hillbilly's hotdog stand in the middle of the woods..."

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You just need to scatter some dragon lug nuts into a field and the bone cars will sprout from the earth

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022

Paladinus posted:

Me? Goon Saga!

mi saga su saga

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Heath posted:

You just need to scatter some dragon lug nuts into a field and the bone cars will sprout from the earth

I prefer dragon deez nuts

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Oh lord, the Arkh project. A combination of Zybourne Clock/Crimson Haze level "I want to make a game but have no loving idea how, here's a bunch of unrelated worldbuilding and concept art, we'll figure out this simple code stuff later", and Social justice drama where the creators were just the shittiest people possible despite ostensibly building a game for trans representation.

I remember first hearing about it and being vaguely hopeful it'd succeed because the anti-SJW backlash was getting tiresome even pre-Gamergate.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I've always wondered if Riley and koalas March were the same person but I think they were just grifters on very similar modus operandi

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its really easy to scam people online

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Rile E Coyote's Acme Project

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its really easy to scam people online

we find this out over and over again

Adbot