Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T
Well I did something stupid.

2022 BRZ Limited with 9k on the clock. I don't usually care for silver cars but I think this particular silver looks amazing. Paid a little bit more than I wanted to but these are basically impossible to find in SoCal.

It's fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
You did something wonderful!

Welcome to the Buru club!

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

It has been born

Sounds like fun, congrats! Also 7 speed manual, that includes reverse, can't say I've ever seen a flex like that.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Frozen Pizza Party posted:

Sounds like fun, congrats! Also 7 speed manual, that includes reverse, can't say I've ever seen a flex like that.

Its a six speed with reverse and a low-speed crawler gear for offroading. They arent counting reverse

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Digital_Jesus posted:

Its a six speed with reverse and a low-speed crawler gear for offroading. They arent counting reverse

Ah interesting, that's pretty neat actually.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Coolnezzz posted:

2022 BRZ Limited with 9k on the clock. I don't usually care for silver cars but I think this particular silver looks amazing. Paid a little bit more than I wanted to but these are basically impossible to find in SoCal.

It's fun!

Hell yeah dude! They look so good in silver.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Digital_Jesus posted:

You guys are always taking away what is a gear. In my day we considered the Model T to be a three speed. Lo, hi, reverse. Those are three speeds, one is just negative!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Digital_Jesus posted:

I like the concept. The only other car that I have seen with that was my mom's '80s Civic 4x4 wagon that had a 5 speed with a "super low" pre-1st gear. Super low was up and way over to the left, and first was up and left, so for those so inclined, there was possibility of a hole shot with a fast shift from super low to first. :D

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My dad always talks about the Rover he had in the 60s that redlined at 1.5 mph in 1st gear low range. IIRC at also redlined in top gear in high range at around 50 mph.

Reviews I've seen have praised the transmission in general and the crawl gear specifically. Apparently the clutch isn't the greatest though. The crawl gear makes the lowest gear ratio about 10% lower than a Rubicons while keeping the regular gear ratios in high range more "normal."

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Coolnezzz posted:

It's fun!

nice

now it's your turn to do this:

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

BraveUlysses posted:

nice

Hah! Thanks all. I'll try to get some donuts in here soon and make sure to post it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

BraveUlysses posted:

nice

Feh. 2WD and a 4-banger? Nah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-DB9G0-eNQ

Mines AWD and a flat-six. Basically a Porsche Carrera 4.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’ve had my STi for a year now and have missed every bit of snow we got last year.

This is my year for donut stuff, I can feel it.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'd go film a V8 donut(s) but it hasn't stopped raining for 3 days :(

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'd go film a V8 donut(s) but it hasn't stopped raining for 3 days :(

that makes it easier to do donuts, not harder

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Sorry no donuts in this post, just daytime shots of the FiST with the new wheels.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Rolo posted:

I’ve had my STi for a year now and have missed every bit of snow we got last year.

:same:

My WRX is rusting away more quickly by the year, this may be the last year for donuts for the foreseeable future. Gotta make it count and record it if I can.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
loving Owns. Hauling more poo poo than any superduty ever will.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
The all-blue theme is nice, too.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Rolo posted:

I'm in Texas, so it took over a year before I could play in the snow. Then it was the Snowpacolypse, also because Texas.

cursedshitbox posted:

loving Owns. Hauling more poo poo than any superduty ever will.

I like the lightweight trailers that are common there, so they *can* haul more with less. Our dang common all-steel trailers, while cheap and tough, weigh half the towing capacity already...
Yeah, you can buy aluminum trailers in the US, but $$$.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

I had to do some garage rearranging today, so had an excuse/opportunity to take a photo of all the vehicles together.

The bridge jack for my lift that I planned to use to replace the firebird suspension finally arrived last week; wooden crate, ~300 lbs. The freight driver asked to just shove it into the back of my truck, so I figured fine let's do that and I'll deal with it later, right before a storm.

So I lifted the Firebird up lift, parked the RS4 under it, and squeezed the truck into the other side of the garage since I didn't really want the crate to get buried in a few feet of snow.

This morning needed to use that truck to get some Christmas trees, so I pulled everything out of the garage to back up the truck to the lift, shove the jack onto it, and lower it to the ground, hence the shuffling.

Yeah my garage is a goddamned mess and the Firebird is leaking some fluids. Now I have no excuses not to clean it up and get to work.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Firebird snow donuts please. Thank you.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Have both in the garage for the first time in a while today. Probably going to list the blue car and replace it with something fairly soon.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Just picked up this beauty from a friend for $1337.

2004 Crown Victoria LX, 210,000 Miles

I know this car pretty well as it was my good friend's car, but he got a 5 speed element to replace it.
It has a full Mercury Grand Marquis interior swap we did a couple years ago, ill post pics later but the interior rules, insanely comfortable seats. It had been sitting for nearly a year while we got a damaged title issue sorted out, but we threw in some fresh gas and a new battery and it fired right up, then I drove it ~300 miles the next couple days.

It has nearly new brakes and rear shocks+springs, and just had the plugs, coils, AC condenser, compressor, belts, and a metal air intake maniford done right before it sat last year. I just did new quick struts in the front over the weekend - it's actually hilarious how easy it is to work on a rust free car.

Plans are new bumpers, macco paint job (same color), misc cosmetic stuff, install the blend door actuator and valve cover gaskets I just got, and definitely a nice dual exhaust. It's my first V8 after owning 18 cars, so I owe it to myself to make it loud.

Bonus shot of my (most of) my outdoor and indoor fleet

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Voltage posted:

I know this car pretty well as it was my good friend's car, but he got a 5 speed element to replace it.
It has a full Mercury Grand Marquis interior swap we did a couple years ago, ill post pics later but the interior rules, insanely comfortable seats. It had been sitting for nearly a year while we got a damaged title issue sorted out, but we threw in some fresh gas and a new battery and it fired right up, then I drove it ~300 miles the next couple days.

It has nearly new brakes and rear shocks+springs, and just had the plugs, coils, AC condenser, compressor, belts, and a metal air intake maniford done right before it sat last year. I just did new quick struts in the front over the weekend - it's actually hilarious how easy it is to work on a rust free car.

Plans are new bumpers, macco paint job (same color), misc cosmetic stuff, install the blend door actuator and valve cover gaskets I just got, and definitely a nice dual exhaust. It's my first V8 after owning 18 cars, so I owe it to myself to make it loud.

Bonus shot of my (most of) my outdoor and indoor fleet

That fish eye lens is making it look like your Miata is hiding a Viper V10 swap.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

More photos of the white firebird /gto thing in the snow please, thanks

:pray:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Ready for snow!

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
put a battery in the plow, turned the key and it fired right up and drove out of the woods. Ready for winter now.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Voltage posted:

Nice!

The factory P71 dual exhaust is quite decent - bet you could find one in a wrecking yard pretty easily. I'm not sure if it's stainless or just well-aluminized, but at least her in salt-free Texas, they don't rust. It's a true dual with crossover, and only one set of mufflers (no rear silencers) on the cop cars. I replaced the OEM mufflers recently with Thrush 17704 (20" overall) turbo mufflers, which gave it more rumble, but not excessively so. Only needed an extension on the pipe on one end of each muffler, and new hangers for the mufflers. Cheap at $44 each. They make a shorter version if you want louder.

Before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHhBn_P4cKw

After:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qU5u_7z0Ug

(Wherein we also learn that you can't free-rev the throttle-by-wire Vics in neutral. They're limited to like 3000 RPM)

Bonus open exhaust, because you gotta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gioQysqK68

I've got a Grand Marq rear seat in mine, plus the carpet (cop car - originally had rubber mat), but I have not swapped in the fronts yet - I want to trim them first - I like my buckets and console. You can remove the built-in arm rest and cut the "wing" that goes over the trans tunnel and then modify the upholstery (or just tuck it under...) to make room for the console.

chrisgt posted:

put a battery in the plow, turned the key and it fired right up and drove out of the woods. Ready for winter now.

LOL.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

Have both in the garage for the first time in a while today. Probably going to list the blue car and replace it with something fairly soon.

noooooo

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I definitely want something much louder, or maybe an electronic cutout so I can keep quiet mode, kind of like what I have in my m2c with the midpipe and stock valved rear.

I'll post interior pics later, I need to do a new carpet or just steam clean my current one, but its a little rough at the moment.

I have the front bench and ill probably keep it, but I need a new cupholder tray thingy as mine is straight up busted.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

Because you’re getting a second gen, right? :unsmith:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Voltage posted:

I definitely want something much louder, or maybe an electronic cutout so I can keep quiet mode, kind of like what I have in my m2c with the midpipe and stock valved rear.

I'll post interior pics later, I need to do a new carpet or just steam clean my current one, but its a little rough at the moment.

I have the front bench and ill probably keep it, but I need a new cupholder tray thingy as mine is straight up busted.

The cup holder/ashtray that pops out under the AC controls?
I have at least one spare of those, possibly two. I’m medium gray, as I recall.

After listening to my straight pipe video again I’d really like to install cutouts. Preferably steeper controlled ones so I ca. open them part way.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

yeaaaaa, I know, I know.

Full Collapse posted:

Because you’re getting a second gen, right? :unsmith:
Mmm, no. I kinda want to sell it and the truck that I use to tow the trailer and just replace them with a diesel cayenne. We will see.

I've now driven a second gen with comparable mods on track back to back with the k24 car. K midrange is better, FA24 top end is better, but I still prefer the K. Also, I have a fix for the K rolling over at 7300 in the form of a set of Drag Cartel cams.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
New to me truck day. #62 or someshit.

2012 F550. 6.7/6R140 4wd with manual hubs and manual shift. 4.30 gears/lsd.
Ex fleet with full dealer service history.
96,000mi
9.5' flatbed
XL + preferred pack + value pack + dual alts + extra heavy towing pack + heavy front end pack.

Hose storage bay:

300hp/660lb-ft. bone rear end stock with all its emissions gear intact. Fresh egr, turbo.

Proper frame.

The f350 has served me well. Its time for something more suitable for my applications.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Phenomenal upgrade over the F-350. I mean, just :drat:

Since Ford as a company are generally the kings of parts bin, do the baseball leather F-150 King Ranch seats bolt right in?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Physically, probably. 250? definitely. Software, yes.
I don't think it has the harness for it. It should support it with the harness installed.

I'm quite content with the manual vinyl, though I probably will throw heaters in em eventually. I do need to get a vinyl patch kit since being a fleet truck the back seat needs some minor repairs.

E:
They don't build em like they used to. (sorry this pic looks like poo poo making it small)

this fucker is ridiculous in every measure.
the big heckin alt I just put on the farm truck? 165A. This truck? two totaling 360A. (One at 200, one at 160)
Brakes? 12.8" disc front and 12.5x3" drum rear to 14.5" and 15.4" discs. Yes, the rears are bigger than the fronts.
load range E rubber to load range G with duals out back.
Kingpin 60 @ 6000lb and Sterling 10.25 @ 8250lb.
Dana super 60(on coils!) @ 7000lb and Dana S130 with a 14.5" ring gear rated for 14,000lb.
~200hp/450tq to 300hp/660tq. Intercooled.
1700psi injection to 32,000. It doesn't like trash fuel and waste motor oil. this is fine.
Cross section modulus of the new frame is 17.2 cubic inches measured behind the cab.
Neat little esoteric things. The integrated brake controller communicates with the abs and airbag system to poll its imu and brake demand respectively. It dynamically allocates trailer brake accordingly. The one in donk is aftermarket and pretty advanced that it does most of this based off its imu only. This is nice for towing. Real nice. The 'pickup' turbo has the ability to work as an exhaust brake. This one, doesn't. Doubt I need it.
nutruck has seat and curtain airbags. it has cruise and aircon. Its turning circle is maybe half of that of the old ford.

5 gallons coolant vs 10.
3 gal engine oil vs 3.25.
1 gal transmission vs 5.
1 gal rearend fluid vs 2.

The 550 weighs in at 9400lb. 4880 out front, 4520 out back. Solid 2200lb more than the bricknose. Using the camper's 2021 weights it'll have about 12 thou pounds worth of trailer capacity available on top of carrying the camper.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 19, 2022

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Some nice private parking for once!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
As the thread title suggests, I did something stupid.

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 1, 2023