Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Mr. Ketchum is mimeys new name after they get married. Mimey is ash’s dad. Ash changes his name to mime jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
breeding seems to be way more annoying this gen. fuckin picnics. just let me talk to the ranch lady.

how does tera type work with breeding?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

indigi posted:

how does tera type work with breeding?

It doesn’t. If you have a Dark Gardevoir and a Fire Gallade for example, the baby Ralts will have a 50% chance of being Psychic or Fairy.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Anyone want to trade their extra Miraidon for my Koraidon?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Nanigans posted:

Me

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Nanigans posted:

I need to do this too if anyone else wants to let go of their Koraidon!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

TheDK posted:

I need to do this too if anyone else wants to let go of their Koraidon!

PM(s) sent!

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 16, 2022

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Edit: Thanks Rofl!

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 16, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

indigi posted:

breeding seems to be way more annoying this gen. fuckin picnics. just let me talk to the ranch lady.

With literally any egg power buff its so much faster than old breeding. 10 eggs almost instantly.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
For breeding, go to Alfornado [lower left town] and there is a restaurant there with Egg Power lvl 2. Best place to hatch eggs

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Out of curiosity, is it possible to go back to your house later in the game and does your mom give you anything if you talk to her (also can you visit Nemona’s house since you fight a little bit outside of it early on)?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CuddleCryptid posted:

I've been watching the new Netflix series with my kid and I had no idea that there was like three series with four seasons each. That's a lot of mons.

Anyways I hope that Ash and Goh enjoy their domestic partnership going forward in the new series as bickering old guys reminiscing about the time they caught a God with a pokeball.

For the actual games, I wanted to try and make a living dex of the pokemon in the game, but this is physically impossible with the box system. How do people pull this off? Do you have to transfer to Home and back?

I’m nearly done with my living dex and I appear to have plenty of space, even organised by type!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1603697436811460608

yeah ash is being retired as protagonist of the anime seems like

FINALLY

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I recall someone earlier in the thread saying they wish that the Scarlet/Violet anime would replace Ash, so congrats to that person.

Yes that was me, I'm not expecting Shakespeare but goddamn am I glad they're finally letting him go out to pasture. I was resigned to another season being all about him again.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Larryb posted:

Out of curiosity, is it possible to go back to your house later in the game and does your mom give you anything if you talk to her (also can you visit Nemona’s house since you fight a little bit outside of it early on)?

I think your mom gives you some sandwich recipes or something? I forget.

You can and should visit Nemona's house if only to learn how old money her family is.

old as balls

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I’m nearly done with my living dex and I appear to have plenty of space, even organised by type!

Huh, I must have caught more pokemon than I thought, I'm on box 7 now and thought I was running out of room. Good to hear!

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

CuddleCryptid posted:

Huh, I must have caught more pokemon than I thought, I'm on box 7 now and thought I was running out of room. Good to hear!

You just get more without any in-game fanfare; it doubles twice so you end with 32

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Specifically, the trigger to get more boxes is having at least one pokemon in each box. So if you want to skip it, just put one in all eight, then one more in the eight more you get, and you'll unlock all 32.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I levelled up my Dachsbun a bit more and was able to do the Charizard raid with a team of 3 Sylveon. My doggy managed to avoid most uses of Hurricane, so we pulled through!

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Can anyone do a quick trade back and forth with me so I can register their Miraidon and give it right back?

I can offer some other Scarlet exclusive for the trouble after, if you want.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I normally don't care about the human characters in Pokemon games much, but now that I've finally completed all the routes routes I can safely say that I care about arven, penny, and nemona (especially Arven)

I just started Area Zero and the cutscene where you all fly down to the bottom together got me all "yay! Journey with all my friends together at the same time!"

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I normally don't care about the human characters in Pokemon games much, but now that I've finally completed all the routes routes I can safely say that I care about arven, penny, and nemona (especially Arven)

I just started Area Zero and the cutscene where you all fly down to the bottom together got me all "yay! Journey with all my friends together at the same time!"

This is the first pokemon game since Red that I remember the companion names. They are all delightful and have personalities. I love the baby's first Ocean's Eleven of getting them together for Area Zero.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

This is the first game that the friend group all feels vital to the story and like they have something to contribute. The closest competitors I can come up with are the gang from Unova and Alola, but even those made a plot point that at least some of the crew really wasn't suited to be involved in these events. I guess it helps that they all have their own separate sub-quests and interact before joining in on the last leg of the journey.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1603697436811460608

yeah ash is being retired as protagonist of the anime seems like

I just noticed the girl's hair clip is the same shape of the symbol on Ash's first hat

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also apparently the new protagonists have names already:

https://twitter.com/shonenleaks/status/1603705312455712769

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Geostomp posted:

This is the first game that the friend group all feels vital to the story and like they have something to contribute. The closest competitors I can come up with are the gang from Unova and Alola, but even those made a plot point that at least some of the crew really wasn't suited to be involved in these events. I guess it helps that they all have their own separate sub-quests and interact before joining in on the last leg of the journey.

GF didn't make the mistake this time of forcing you to spend loads of time with them from the start. Instead you get through a few scrapes with them, learn a bit about them, and by the time it comes to go into the crater with them you have come to care about them organically. It's much better writing than say, the friend gang from gen 6 where you're saddled with them from the get go and you spend the whole time you're around them thinking "well why do I care about these losers anyway"

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Hammerite posted:

GF didn't make the mistake this time of forcing you to spend loads of time with them from the start. Instead you get through a few scrapes with them, learn a bit about them, and by the time it comes to go into the crater with them you have come to care about them organically. It's much better writing than say, the friend gang from gen 6 where you're saddled with them from the get go and you spend the whole time you're around them thinking "well why do I care about these losers anyway"

Oh God you hit the nail on the head. Looking back I remember feeling horrified when I originally thought we would all be traveling together as group and all I could think was I don't like any of you people. I found our opposite gendered rival to be one of the worst because their mental state breaks down the more we beat them. I almost wished there was an option to turn them down for fights because I didn't even want to deal with them any more.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Flopsy posted:

Oh God you hit the nail on the head. Looking back I remember feeling horrified when I originally thought we would all be traveling together as group and all I could think was I don't like any of you people. I found our opposite gendered rival to be one of the worst because their mental state breaks down the more we beat them. I almost wished there was an option to turn them down for fights because I didn't even want to deal with them any more.

Is there a male version of Nemona if you have a female PC?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Hammerite posted:

Yeah they finally realized that the number one way to turn someone off an NPC is to make them annoying. But apart from the opening scenes every time you interact with the friend squad here it's because something that benefits you mechanically just happened. Whether it's beating a Star base, getting a new movement ability, or defeating a Gym, they're always involved in moving your forward towards your goals instead of bogging you down. And then at the end they come together and they're in conflict *with each other*, with you as the center of the group, which humanizes them more. Especially between the two Not-Nemona characters. They grow to like each other more in a short period of time, but because there it isn't completely perfect from step one it feels more natural and less forced.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Does Brock get to keep the jet or was that impounded as part of the court's judgment?

Also for some reason I feel like Jessie & James are too far along as drag- icons to take on any future careers that didn't have them dressing up at every opportunity..

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Klungar posted:

no, they are talking about X/Y

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Klungar posted:

Computer: show me, 'male Nemona'

quote:

hmm...

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lux Animus posted:

Does Brock get to keep the jet or was that impounded as part of the court's judgment?

Also for some reason I feel like Jessie & James are too far along as drag- icons to take on any future careers that didn't have them dressing up at every opportunity..

Jessie could always go back to doing contests (she was actually pretty good at it as I recall)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Klungar posted:

Pictured: Male Nemona

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

I actually disliked Arven in the first scene with him, because he came across to me as some kind of edgelord. And by the end he was my Friend who I really wanted to help out.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Flopsy posted:

What?

Saying their "mental state breaks down" is way too serious a way to describe someone being sad about losing and getting more serious about winning next time

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I mean...we have had Male Nemona for a little over 25 years

Got his own anime series and everything!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Man, Hau sure does have a mental breakdown in his last rival fight when his animations change to show he's really serious this time.

I hope someone gets him the help he clearly needs

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

I mean...we have had Male Nemona for a little over 25 years

Got his own anime series and everything!

Sort of disappointing the two of them will likely never meet honestly

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What?

Saying their "mental state breaks down" is way too serious a way to describe someone being sad about losing and getting more serious about winning next time

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Whoops knocked out a shrine Pokemon and it won't let me reopen it