Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

double digits for mmr

Oodles posted:

10 mmr this year

Post some of your Match IDs :thunk:

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Dec 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

even if you pick a pos4 that's not a super strong pusher, you can get a meteor hammer and push pretty well with it

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Sab669 posted:

6919412300 - I'm playing hoodwink

https://www.dotabuff.com/players/41232280/matches

Feel free to pick any of those tbh

I do fully except that I'm garbage at Dota and would accept any criticism of how bad I am

There's definitely things I need to improve on like rotating for runes early in the game and setting up more smoke ganks but tbh half the time when I buy smoke even if I ping I've got it. Where to group for smoke and use it the people I've smoked just go back to farming/laning

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Dec 16, 2022

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

the key to dota nirvana is not caring how bad you are

trust the mmr algo to keep your long term win rate around 50% and just enjoy playing game

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

bawfuls posted:

the key to dota nirvana is not caring how bad you are

trust the mmr algo to keep your long term win rate around 50% and just enjoy playing game

Oh I don't really care how bad I am, I'm fully embraced to that. It's more just frustration at feeling recent losses are not my fault

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

CyberPingu posted:

I do fully except that I'm garbage at Dota and would accept any criticism of how bad I am

There's definitely things I need to improve on like rotating for runes early in the game and setting up more smoke ganks but tbh half the time when I buy smoke even if I ping I've got it. Where to group for smoke and use it the people I've smoked just go back to farming/laning

i mean if you actually want to improve as 4 just watch cr1t and saksa play and do what they do, especially saksa. they play as greedy 4s who play around their team but don't sac themselves. especially saksa

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i would suggest if you're playing 4 or 5 to simply play the skywrath mage hero and do a million damage

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

hoodwink is like skywrath but better in just about every way just play hoodwink!!!!

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
i think it's important to pick a 4 that can farm a bit down here in the scrub ranks because there is always a completely free lane that your cores will ignore and being able to show on the map for 1 sec and get a full wave of gold and maybe even get the enemy to rotate is an easier and more consistent strategy than relying on kills. instead of sky i'd rather play lina/tiny/techies/sometimes zeus (and maybe hoodwink? idk i'm not good at her) since they can all do burst kills like sky but don't rely solely on racking up kills

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Sab669 posted:

I’ll go one better; here’s my dotabuff

https://www.dotabuff.com/players/9047641

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Plank Walker posted:

i think it's important to pick a 4 that can farm a bit down here in the scrub ranks because there is always a completely free lane that your cores will ignore and being able to show on the map for 1 sec and get a full wave of gold and maybe even get the enemy to rotate is an easier and more consistent strategy than relying on kills. instead of sky i'd rather play lina/tiny/techies/sometimes zeus (and maybe hoodwink? idk i'm not good at her) since they can all do burst kills like sky but don't rely solely on racking up kills
ogre with midas cause here in poo poo tier games always go long anyway

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

There's definitely things

It was more just for my own morbid curiosity of what a game of double digit MMR dota looks like tbh. I don't play ranked so I don't know what my MMR even is (but DotaBuff says my All Pick Unranked matches are anywhere from low Archon to low Legend.)

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

sugar free jazz posted:

hoodwink is like skywrath but better in just about every way just play hoodwink!!!!

I play a lot of hoodwink. It's my favourite hero right now, especially because with shard, aghs and eblade you one shot people

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sab669 posted:

It was more just for my own morbid curiosity of what a game of double digit MMR dota looks like tbh. I don't play ranked so I don't know what my MMR even is (but DotaBuff says my All Pick Unranked matches are anywhere from low Archon to low Legend.)
lots of quality low mmr replays here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_hDo7YqY9E

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Sab669 posted:

So, my last game had a shadow blade disruptor.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Oodles posted:

So, my last game had a shadow blade disruptor.

I'm glad I have someone in this thread to share my pain with.
loving sniper not buying dragon lance or morbid mask....

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

I'm glad I have someone in this thread to share my pain with.
loving sniper not buying dragon lance or morbid mask....

Also, 22minute deso pa. Who didn’t go BF first

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Sab669 posted:

thats anywhere from about 2200 to 2800 mmr

JollyBoyJohn fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 16, 2022

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

the only true dota is when I, an archon queue with my 6k friend and my herald 2 friend.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

This is the poo poo i deal with. Luckily we won this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Managed to go 2-0 tonight with pos4 hoodwink.

The road to immortal starts here

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

CyberPingu posted:

This is the poo poo i deal with. Luckily we won this

I'm mad that he took the wrong talent at 15, the bonus attack range vs poison touched guys is like what makes that build fun!!

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Finally got my Faceless arcana, time to go play like poo poo and be completely underfarmed after having a poo poo lane while being berated by my team that pulled none of their own weight to begin with.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Mr.Acula posted:

Finally got my Faceless arcana, time to go play like poo poo and be completely underfarmed after having a poo poo lane while being berated by my team that pulled none of their own weight to begin with.

This is 80% of the Faceless games I'm in. At least the hero's a good way to get lots of BM tips from everyone whenever you whiff a Chrono!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

My last FV game was like that but we had a Snapfire who just said "okay I am the carry now" and they did all the damage while I just jumped around being annoying with time dilation.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Mr.Acula posted:

this game makes me want to shoot myself in the face

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I can't find the link on the wikia but pretend I posted the .mp3 for "I love Dota so much." from the Battle Pass

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

bawfuls posted:

lots of quality low mmr replays here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_hDo7YqY9E

ES kicking his Troll into Pudge by the ancients was actually sweet :haw:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm that earth spirit

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

None of my friends play this game anymore and solo matchmaking is consistently serving up miserable games these days, I'm starting to lose steam for Dota after playing it for over a decade. :smith: I don't feel like I really belong in an IHL because I'm not trying to train for competitive play, I just want games where all ten players have some idea of what they're doing and would like to try winning this match.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Geight posted:

I'm mad that he took the wrong talent at 15, the bonus attack range vs poison touched guys is like what makes that build fun!!
yeah if you're gonna right-click dazzle gotta take that talent

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Geight posted:

None of my friends play this game anymore and solo matchmaking is consistently serving up miserable games these days, I'm starting to lose steam for Dota after playing it for over a decade. :smith: I don't feel like I really belong in an IHL because I'm not trying to train for competitive play, I just want games where all ten players have some idea of what they're doing and would like to try winning this match.

If you’ve got a spare Twitch prime sub kicking about; join the Pyrion Flax discord. There’s regularly 2 or 3 five-man stacks on the go.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Sure hope this fuckin' dweeb gets nerfed soon. He's not cool or interesting to watch, he's not fun to play. Not fun to play against either.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I've luckily not ran into that build yet but if it's as obnoxious as the bristleback meta from a few months back then yeah. gently caress off

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Sab669 posted:

Sure hope this fuckin' dweeb gets nerfed soon. He's not cool or interesting to watch, he's not fun to play. Not fun to play against either.

What’s the counter? Just disable him as much as you can?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oodles posted:

I've seen people say Mageslayer is really good, a Break to disable his Shard and I guess just any anti-heal tech for the Bloodstone but I really haven't found a way to beat it in my pubs :sigh:
Like if they're an actual Razor player and not just picking the FOTM then it's real hard.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 17, 2022

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Oodles posted:

ban him and if that doesnt work first pick him

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I am horribly conflicted between hate-banning Marci every single game, or Razor :(

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Sab669 posted:

I am horribly conflicted between hate-banning Marci every single game, or Razor :(

marci is trash right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

She's no longer the bullshit lane dominator that she was, but once that BKB & Basher comes online she still instantly deletes supports, and I mainly play 4 & 5.

Also just the anime is dumb and bad, the hero concept is extremely boring, and the sound of her ulti gives me PTSD. I just irrationally hate everything about her.