Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Ranter posted:

The breakfast in that hotel was really fuckin good. Like a super high quality buffet with real deli meat, crispy croissant and fresh eggs-quality buffet. And this juice I don't know what it was, sorta pale reddy orange. It was all over Germany actually.

Anyway Berlin was good but the beer was better in Bavaria.

That’s the piss cup. You drank Pisa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Inzombiac posted:

Is Berlin a crappy place to live?

I visited and stayed near the Wall memorial and it was really nice.

Only if you're a Berliner

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Lincoln posted:

WE’RE THE FISH, OK

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I used to work with a nice lady from Berlin. She laughed for a long, long time when she found out they are stereotyped as efficient.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

FreudianSlippers posted:

European hotels generally have really good breakfast buffets. Even the budget ones.

The exception is Britain where it is utter poo poo.

Britain isn't an exception because those aren't European hotels.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

That was cool! I've never heard German hip-hop before.

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY17_nraW68

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

The stereotypical Berlinettas are so anti-polite smalltalk that they would make autistic ppl blush. Berlin is like any city with rough parts and obscene parts and obscenely wealthy parts, it's just... more. Heightened?

East/West made some weird good fusion happen there in the 00's. And the east used to be cheaper than any other of the capital letter I important city in Europe and thereby = all artist all spent their 20s there. Haven't visited in a while now but some of the fun is probably still around

ThisIsJohnWayne has a new favorite as of 23:50 on Dec 16, 2022

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Hyperlynx posted:

That was cool! I've never heard German hip-hop before.

Watch this next then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1coEIN7safI

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Bug Squash posted:

I used to work with a nice lady from Berlin. She laughed for a long, long time when she found out they are stereotyped as efficient.

From personal experience they work hard to navigate their massive bureaucracy as efficiently as possible.

Also I think a lot of this perception is because of the Italians doing their thing.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Still feeling pretty bad about the fish to be honest

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Neat! Thanks!

I should really go look up more hip-hop in languages I don't speak, it's always really fascinating for some reason.

Here, take this Dutch and Afrikaans hip-hop I found like a decade ago and also really enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykxeRBPjGKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRzFqW4Xh2k

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'm also really sad that a bunch of fish died for no reason

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Lincoln posted:

WERE THE FISH OK

They were more than OK.

They were delicious.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
YOu MONSTER

yeah, it's weird. The brain has lots of little filters that let one read the ceaseless firehouse of despicable tragedy that is The News without going insane, but occasionally the weirder stuff evades the filters and so the fish make me sad.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

And I saw an old favorite post of mine so I have screenshotted it here

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qtbbr4GOAm1wtgxa0_720.mp4

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Inzombiac posted:

All I know is that Berlin, like Paris, London, San Francisco, and many other big cities, has a horrible housing crisis and it's hard to live there unless you've lived in a rent controlled apartment for 30 years or are already rich.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Tree Bucket posted:

The brain has lots of little filters that let one read the ceaseless firehouse of despicable tragedy that is The News without going insane

How do I acquire these filters bc I have been insane for a while now

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Killingyouguy! posted:

How do I acquire these filters bc I have been insane for a while now

I think they sort of develop naturally as metaphysical scar tissue, like being hoofed in the balls so often they are dust, yet you still have to deal with morning wood.

Ms Adequate posted:

Agreed, if something is difficult it's not worth doing

Just gonna quote this cos I and I'm sure AG appreciate the name.

Tree Bucket posted:

YOu MONSTER

yeah, it's weird. The brain has lots of little filters that let one read the ceaseless firehouse of despicable tragedy that is The News without going insane, but occasionally the weirder stuff evades the filters and so the fish make me sad.

Yeah, not to be a dick and I agree 100% but its very krystalnacht_pony.txt

staberind has a new favorite as of 01:02 on Dec 17, 2022

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

staberind posted:

I think they sort of develop naturally as metaphysical scar tissue, like being hoofed in the balls so often they are dust, yet you still have to deal with morning wood.

a powerful & moving metaphor

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I like how the post foreshadows the reference to krystalnacht_pony.txt by saying "hoofed" instead of "kicked." The mind's eye of the narrator has been fixed on that image, and is still experiencing that upwelling of empathy for the scared Jewish pony.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

European hotels generally have really good breakfast buffets. Even the budget ones.

The exception is Britain where it is utter poo poo.

lmao the only time Ive been in England was during a heat wave. The hotel had no AC. It advertised as having a free breakfast buffet, which turned out to be a small table with a plate of toast, some of those plastic packets of various spreads that you need like four of to cover a single piece of bread, and some of the cheapest supermarket cereal. Tea bags, instant coffee and a kettle as well.

The reason this all sticks in my mind is because there was also a plate of cheese. They had peeled about 50 of those individually wrapped, processed slices and piled them on the plate, and in the heat it had all melted into one congealed cheese mound. Some brave person had taken a chunk of it. My partner and I were trying to save money so the first two days we ate at this buffet, but by the third day we couldn't stand to face the cheese mound again so we bought some poo poo at the supermarket and ate breakfast in our room.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

bike tory posted:

lmao the only time Ive been in England was during a heat wave. The hotel had no AC. It advertised as having a free breakfast buffet, which turned out to be a small table with a plate of toast, some of those plastic packets of various spreads that you need like four of to cover a single piece of bread, and some of the cheapest supermarket cereal. Tea bags, instant coffee and a kettle as well.

The reason this all sticks in my mind is because there was also a plate of cheese. They had peeled about 50 of those individually wrapped, processed slices and piled them on the plate, and in the heat it had all melted into one congealed cheese mound. Some brave person had taken a chunk of it. My partner and I were trying to save money so the first two days we ate at this buffet, but by the third day we couldn't stand to face the cheese mound again so we bought some poo poo at the supermarket and ate breakfast in our room.

This story is obviously fake news because there is no mention of breakfast beans.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I feel this one in particular is incomplete without
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDS9XmSC6gc

Edit: for what I feel is context

NLJP has a new favorite as of 02:43 on Dec 17, 2022

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

bike tory posted:

What the gently caress did you stay in even premier inns and Travelodge will stick on a cooked breakfast buffet and it's pretty much expected in a bed and breakfast

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Alls I'm sayin is that every morning in Berlin I went to a little cafe that looked like a living room and got dutch babies for breakfast.

poo poo was cheap and delicious.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
When you say Dutch Babies,

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Cooked in a Dutch oven?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
These memes about Berlin are great, just amazing, some of the funniest I've ever seen

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Tree Bucket posted:

Still feeling pretty bad about the fish to be honest
Some fish lived, though I'm sure they'll need lots of therapy in the coming years.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63996982

quote:

However, fire brigade official James Klein later told local media that "several dozen" fish had been found alive in places where residual water had collected. He said they were being rehoused in other aquariums.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I like Berlin.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Knormal posted:

quote:

He said they were being rehoused in other aquariums.

You fools.

These escape artists will practice their craft all over the city.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

dialhforhero posted:

I like Berlin.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I watched that recently, bloody good flick

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat