Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist
I’ve just clocked Mystique in the shop with my last tokens, and realized I don’t really have a good Ongoing deck anymore (missing Destroyer, Daredevil, Cerebro, Patriot for example)…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

New Leaf posted:

This was a fun "failure" of my Jubilee deck. He was building up an Apocalypse the whole game and I snaked it with White Queen. He was the first to snap, too. He retreated before I could crush his dreams.

Wouldn't have worked for them in this case, but this is why I tend to run Shang-Chi in most decks. Sometimes he's a 4/3 when I have no other draws, which sucks, but sometimes your opponent gets an Infinaut off of something, or you get the 28-power Apocalypse read, and even if you don't get the cubes, you feel good about it.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

buffalo all day posted:

I think it’s good! Especially in this meta, seems like a killer t6 play.

Ed: does get crushed by leech though. Maybe attuna or warpath t4 and taskmaster t5 with some beefy 6 drops to beat leech

Tip: if you run Wong, and you drop it, and the other player has priority and snaps, you should retreat. I keep winning 2-4 cube games from wong players who try to ride through aero and magneto, or even enchantress. It’s not going to work!!

Leech would get annihilated. That deck runs a bunch of high powered downside cards

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Hey can we talk about how loving good Debrii is??

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

quite stretched out posted:

If She Hulk is in my shop I should probably grab her hey. So far most of my pool 3 cards have been in the discard deck but she seems too powerful to pass up?

She's very strong for a lot of decks, definitely one of my fave cards through pool 3.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
If you have Valkyrie, give her a try. Very skill-based deck, lot of reversals, incredibly satisfying to play. Favorite deck yet.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

CitizenKeen posted:

If you have Valkyrie, give her a try. Very skill-based deck, lot of reversals, incredibly satisfying to play. Favorite deck yet.

She seems super fun. I've seen her a lot in Ongoing decks or (what is likely much worse) complicated Galactus combo. Since she's pool 5 and not She Hulk, she's also super hard to plan around.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There's an interesting interaction, Bar with No Name and Baxter Building in the game, I think I won strictly because we both forgot how that would work.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Opopanax posted:

There's an interesting interaction, Bar with No Name and Baxter Building in the game, I think I won strictly because we both forgot how that would work.

Yeah I had a game with those where the winning move was not to play, and the other guy didn't realise that.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

CitizenKeen posted:

What sort of list are you using her in?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Ugh, been having a poo poo game day today, facing lots of powerful cards I don’t have. Zola, Taskmaster, Leader, Surfer, etc.

Only bright spot has been Yondu, who has been an absolute beast for me since I added him back. Just an unbelievably lucky run of taking out Chavez, Chavez, Destroyer, Onslaught, Infinaut, and another Chavez. I only just realized that you can just keep using him on Bar With No Name over and over. What an rear end in a top hat.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jesus loving Christ, I am one loss away from rage uninstalling this goddamn game.
I am one goddamn cube away from falling down to 49, I haven't won more than one cube at a time in close to 24 hours, and absolutely nothing I'm trying to do will goddamn work.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Red Rox posted:

Ugh, been having a poo poo game day today, facing lots of powerful cards I don’t have. Zola, Taskmaster, Leader, Surfer, etc.

Only bright spot has been Yondu, who has been an absolute beast for me since I added him back. Just an unbelievably lucky run of taking out Chavez, Chavez, Destroyer, Onslaught, Infinaut, and another Chavez. I only just realized that you can just keep using him on Bar With No Name over and over. What an rear end in a top hat.

You mean Luke's Bar? Please go not play Yondu in bar with no name :ohdear:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Dipped my toe into Series 3 and got Quinjet out of the first cache, been trucking fools all day with Collector/Moon/etc/Dino and enjoying life before I inevitably get thrust into the supposed 600CL hell zone.

Elektra was there for the symbiote featured location, should probably swap to Iceman.
Scorpion doesn't fit the theme and is just a tech card, but plays poorly with White Queen, unsure what to take it out for.

Any other suggestions for cards from Series 1/2? The only other Pool 3 card I have so far is Lockjaw.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

GigaPeon posted:

Can someone who's in the loop explain this title to me?

Googling just gets me other confused Snap players and one Not-Family-Safe Urban Dictionary entry.

The energy of the reply is concerning.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

Dipped my toe into Series 3 and got Quinjet out of the first cache, been trucking fools all day with Collector/Moon/etc/Dino and enjoying life before I inevitably get thrust into the supposed 600CL hell zone.

Elektra was there for the symbiote featured location, should probably swap to Iceman.
Scorpion doesn't fit the theme and is just a tech card, but plays poorly with White Queen, unsure what to take it out for.

Any other suggestions for cards from Series 1/2? The only other Pool 3 card I have so far is Lockjaw.

Might be enough one drops in there to justify Sunspot and Armor

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I don't know if it's the meta, the lack of progression, or me (best bet is on me). But the last couple of days has had be down. Reached Rank 60 but keep slipping back into the 50's. It's not even due to the lack of cards. I am CL 2894, am three cards away from a complete Series 3 (missing Yellowjacket, Invisible Woman, and Spider-Man), have three Series 4 cards (She Hulk, Titania, and Absorbing Man), and no series 5. I cam make many top tier decks, but nothing feels RIGHT to me. Maybe the RNG if this game fucks with my head or my fear of snapping early.

I love this game, but sometimes my ADHD combined with my perfectionism makes me feel like I suck. :sigh:

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Waffleopolis posted:

I don't know if it's the meta, the lack of progression, or me (best bet is on me). But the last couple of days has had be down. Reached Rank 60 but keep slipping back into the 50's. It's not even due to the lack of cards. I am CL 2894, am three cards away from a complete Series 3 (missing Yellowjacket, Invisible Woman, and Spider-Man), have three Series 4 cards (She Hulk, Titania, and Absorbing Man), and no series 5. I cam make many top tier decks, but nothing feels RIGHT to me. Maybe the RNG if this game fucks with my head or my fear of snapping early.

I love this game, but sometimes my ADHD combined with my perfectionism makes me feel like I suck. :sigh:

I'm in a similar boat to you here, but I've found that just going back to my main comfort deck (Discard, specifically now with Lockjaw) and playing a bunch of games helps me out. Every time I try to play the "meta" decks like patriot, surfer, leech/leader, etc. I feel like I just lose cubes, so I keep going back to just dropping fat rear end draculas and it makes me happy

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Are there any cheap cards that buff an opponents card? These Cerebro decks are nasty as hell

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Studio posted:

Are there any cheap cards that buff an opponents card? These Cerebro decks are nasty as hell

Just Red Skull to my knowledge and he's not super cheap. I just got Cerebro and played some games and it's a sweet card but the thing that's not immediately obvious from the other end is how like, half the locations in the game just completely gently caress up your plan. Just about anything that messes with power of cards on-hand or on-board can cause you to fold.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Studio posted:

You mean Luke's Bar? Please go not play Yondu in bar with no name :ohdear:

Ah yeah one of those bars

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Studio posted:

Might be enough one drops in there to justify Sunspot and Armor

I find that with all the cards I draw I'm spending nearly every single energy I have, so Sunspot isn't a great fit.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

y_y posted:

I’ve just clocked Mystique in the shop with my last tokens, and realized I don’t really have a good Ongoing deck anymore (missing Destroyer, Daredevil, Cerebro, Patriot for example)…

Same. 29mins left on her now with 2700 tokens in the bank. I'm done trying Patriot without Ultron/Brood, and I'm not dropping 10bux for Silver Surfer without Brood.. and I don't have Cerebro, and I don't enjoy Wong..

But she's objectively a great card. Going to browse my missing cards for must-buys, might pin'er.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Lone Goat posted:

I just pulled Quinjet at CL 982 and have been happily climbing in the mid-70s with this list:

# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Mantis
# (1) Quinjet
# (2) Angela
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Cable
# (2) Sentinel
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Aero
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWdlbnQxMyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFudGlzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJRdWluamV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbmdlbGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRoZUNvbGxlY3RvciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FibGUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlbnRpbmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNb29uR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2hpdGVRdWVlbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGV2aWxEaW5vc2F1ciJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Aero I bought from the token shop yesterday, and she does do a lot of work in the above list. If you like playing Dino, the other card that has worked well for me in pool 3 is Mystique; Moon Girl + Mystique lets you potentially drop Dino turn 5 plus two more Dinos on turn 6.

Besides Aero, the biggest difference between our lists is that I run Angela instead of Elektra. Quinjet feels like it improves her a ton; it makes it much easier to drop an extra Cabled or Agent-13'd card on your Angela lane on one of the later turns.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

stev posted:

Yeah I had a game with those where the winning move was not to play, and the other guy didn't realise that.

Just had a game where the opponent was ahead on board but had a Titania. If I played and they didn’t, I won. If they played and I didn’t, I won. If we both played, they won. If neither played, they won.

Felt like a galaxy brain collecting those cubes.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Red Rox posted:

If Chavez is in a deck, Yondu is extremely likely to get her. The way she's implemented, whenever you draw a card, if it's Chavez it skips to the next card and leaves Chavez next.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

I find that with all the cards I draw I'm spending nearly every single energy I have, so Sunspot isn't a great fit.

Ant Man?

goferchan posted:

Just Red Skull to my knowledge and he's not super cheap. I just got Cerebro and played some games and it's a sweet card but the thing that's not immediately obvious from the other end is how like, half the locations in the game just completely gently caress up your plan. Just about anything that messes with power of cards on-hand or on-board can cause you to fold.

Survivor bias, but they always have storm when this happens 😔😔😔😔

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Been playing the Devil Dinosaur Jubilee deck a goon poster earlier. It’s great at winning!

Boring as poo poo to play. Particularly against folks who take their sweet rear end time on those first few turns.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Studio posted:

Play Scorpion. They hate it.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I’m ~1000CL and no matter what I do this is the best deck! It’s not even really a Pool 3 deck but stomps all over them all day long, what is going on here.

# (1) Ant Man
# (2) Mojo
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Captain America
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Warpath
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Klaw
# (6) Spectrum
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNb2pvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYXB0YWluQW1lcmljYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yRmFudGFzdGljIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXYXJwYXRoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLbGF3In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQcm9mZXNzb3JYIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcGVjdHJ1bSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbk1hbiJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I just went from 594 to 699 in one go. Pray for me as I cross the threshold.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I'm CL 567 and I win 95% with this bog standard kazoo deck:

# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Elektra
# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Angela
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Armor
# (3) Captain America
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Onslaught
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFudE1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FwdGFpbkFtZXJpY2EifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkthWmFyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbHVlTWFydmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPbnNsYXVnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVsZWt0cmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjb3JwaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdW5zcG90In1dfQ==
#

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Quackles posted:

Play Scorpion. They hate it.

holy poo poo. how could i forget them. thank you gamer

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Mattavist posted:

I’m ~1000CL and no matter what I do this is the best deck! It’s not even really a Pool 3 deck but stomps all over them all day long, what is going on here.

# (1) Ant Man
# (2) Mojo
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Captain America
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Warpath
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Klaw
# (6) Spectrum
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNb2pvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYXB0YWluQW1lcmljYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yRmFudGFzdGljIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXYXJwYXRoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLbGF3In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQcm9mZXNzb3JYIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcGVjdHJ1bSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbk1hbiJ9XX0=
#

Tried this and got crushed repeatedly until I gave up and moved back to a move deck.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

THis Leech/Leader meta is absolute garbage and oh god please kill Leader already.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Mattavist posted:

# (1) Ant Man
# (2) Mojo
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Captain America
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Warpath
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Klaw
# (6) Spectrum

this deck is fairly split between two wants -- your low end wants to be a board flood deck where you're aiming to get mojo value and flood spots, while your top end wants to be a spectrum destroyer sort of deck where you're playing fairly sparsely and trying to lock down locations. i'd try to pick one of the gameplans and stick to it

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

PlasticAutomaton posted:

THis Leech/Leader meta is absolute garbage and oh god please kill Leader already.

It's funny because every loving time I play Leech, they have Infinaut and just gently caress me up on the last turn. Just absolutely not working for me.

Fate Accomplice posted:

I'm CL 567 and I win 95% with this bog standard kazoo deck:

# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Elektra
# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Angela
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Armor
# (3) Captain America
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Onslaught
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFudE1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm1vciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FwdGFpbkFtZXJpY2EifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkthWmFyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbHVlTWFydmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPbnNsYXVnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVsZWt0cmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjb3JwaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdW5zcG90In1dfQ==
#

It's wild how far a KaZoo deck can take you. I run a fat T6 KaZoo and it does work way deep in pool 3. I retreat a lot but still climb when I settle in and it all comes together.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Mattavist posted:

# (1) Ant Man
# (2) Mojo
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Captain America
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Warpath
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Klaw
# (6) Spectrum
#
#

What's your rank?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I’m close to getting to CL 600 and haven’t really used any series 3 cards I have, but I’m enjoying playing destroy decks after getting annoyed at the inconsistency of move decks. I also run a lot of disrupt in it:

Nova, Scorpion, Bucky Barnes, Wolverine, Carnage, Bishop, Sabertooth, Deathlok, Killmonger, Shang-Chi, Enchantress, America Chavez

You can absolutely get some dead draws at the start, or people that Armor your kill stack, but you have a lot of options on the last turn with playing either Sabertooth/Chavez for 13 power (or even 14 if sabertooth got novad), or playing killmonger/enchantress/Shang-chi. I like the deck a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

RevKrule posted:

It's funny because every loving time I play Leech, they have Infinaut and just gently caress me up on the last turn. Just absolutely not working for me.

That's why it's a Leech/Leader meta and not a Leech meta.

It's also why I'm running Dracjaw at the moment.