Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Arivia posted:

what does this have to do with elon musk

I want to know what "the idea" is I'm trying to read back and I have no loving clue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

DeeplyConcerned posted:

this is a broken clock is right twice a day scenario . Yes, we have entirely too many surface to air missiles, shoulder mounted RPG's, and other anti-aircraft weaponry circulating around this country so the account is technically a security risk. But that's only because our insane lack of gun control in this country.

This is why when I go on a grocery run I'm constantly barrel rolling across the floor, throwing chaff into the air like confetti and shoveling ice cubes down my underwear to keep my heat signature low

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

mind the walrus posted:

I want to know what "the idea" is I'm trying to read back and I have no loving clue

There's some other thread (I forget which) where someone posted a tweet thread of a twitter person claiming that the Jurassic World movies using cartoon dinosaurs, instead of more realistic feathered ones, was a nefarious conspiracy to normalize white supremacy.

Guessing that thread had an Elon Musk derail also and the poster forgot which thread they were in.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
One hour left
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1603609466301059073
58.7% say now.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
"ah beans my finger slipped. New poll up!"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I appreciate that “tomorrow” and “in 7 days” were the clear losers in the previous poll, and Elon, in his unyielding support of the vox populi, scrapped that poll and replaced it with one that had only those options, slyly disguising the “tomorrow” option by labeling it “now” and setting the poll to run for 24 hours.

a canny operator, that musk

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
It's too late. He already said 7 days in other tweets and he'd hate to go back on his word now.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

vox populi vox dei :smuggo:

nah he'll never admit he's wrong and the journalists will stay suspended

U.S. Barryl
Apr 16, 2003
Hahaha if you make fun of the world's richest man online he will respond to you personally

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Strong "Should you stop beating your wife?" vibes from our special pale boy.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

There's some other thread (I forget which) where someone posted a tweet thread of a twitter person claiming that the Jurassic World movies using cartoon dinosaurs, instead of more realistic feathered ones, was a nefarious conspiracy to normalize white supremacy.

Guessing that thread had an Elon Musk derail also and the poster forgot which thread they were in.

I'm brown enough to have been targeted by bigots and told by white peers to wind it down and stop seeing everything through a racial lens, and even I think that's some klein bottle reasoning. Memetic ops are the dumbest loving corner of human existence.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.

U.S. Barryl posted:

Hahaha if you make fun of the world's richest man online he will respond to you personally

Not if you never write his name. :ssh:

Big Butt Skinner
Apr 16, 2005

Blueprints of the dummy...
Notarized photos of you making the dummy...
And an alternate wording for the banner: "Buttzilla."
So when Musk is continually crying about his real time location being posted, are the assassination coordinates... "Los Angeles"? Or was there something more specific that I missed?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

War Wizard posted:

It's too late. He already said 7 days in other tweets and he'd hate to go back on his word now.
elon musk: famous for his integrity and conviction

Big Butt Skinner posted:

So when Musk is continually crying about his real time location being posted, are the assassination coordinates... "Los Angeles"? Or was there something more specific that I missed?

it would also presumably say what airfield/private airport/runway he landed at, but yeah that's about it

it's absolutely insane to think it's "assassination coordinates" and his idea that someone 12 hours later attacked a random car with the knowledge he was in it (he wasn't) because of the plane tracking is complete bullshit

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Big Butt Skinner posted:

elonjet hadn't even posted that day of the "incident", but yeah, pretty much just the airport

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

U.S. Barryl posted:

He's like Beetlejuice except you only have to say his name once

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

So there's a latest twitter file that is just about the fbi paying attention to social media? Wow

I'm gonna watch the new avatar movie I assume there will be more meltdowns when I check back here

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Frank Frank posted:

Goons have been irredeemable weirdos since 2001

Harald posted:

One tthing I recently noticed is theres a lot of youtube channels predicting on the idea

"were watching this enormously influential film for the first time"

like yeah we've never seen jurassic park of LOTR before, I'm a pretty mormon girl

It's all Chinese propaganda. it hasn't happened yet it's bullshit

really though what the gently caress is this

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Tippecanoe posted:

vox populi vox dei :smuggo:

nah he'll never admit he's wrong and the journalists will stay suspended

I'm leaning towards him re-instating their accounts and constantly using it as an example of his dedication to free speech and the will of the people, even at the risk of his own life. He will never go into more detail about how it actually puts him at risk

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Professor Wayne posted:

I'm leaning towards him re-instating their accounts and constantly using it as an example of his dedication to free speech and the will of the people, even at the risk of his own life. He will never go into more detail about how it actually puts him at risk

Yeah, he's going reinstate them and then go "Am I not merciful?".

Edit: I hope the journalists refuse to come back, even if reinstated.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

U.S. Barryl posted:

This is such an amazing time to be alive, imagine 1000 years ago some serf throwing poo poo at a noble and the noble picks up the poo poo and starts eating it while saying "lmao feeling owned, lib?"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'm gonna watch the new avatar movie I assume there will be more meltdowns when I check back here
I'm confident enough in my own nerd bullshit intuition that I'm calling it-- get ready for a lottttttttt of bullshit about how the fake blue elf-cat-fish-monkey-people breathing underwater is somehow unscientific or breaks with the "canon" set down in the first film, no matter how many riders and explanations the movie puts forward.

Not even going to dignify the usual "but woke" circlejerk; the Avatar movies are explicitly a nostalgia button for 90s liberal ecology reasoning and this one is already explicitly about saving the whales; watching diet nazis performatively clutch their pearls is a loving free space on the bingo card.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/BigTechAlert/status/1603968005528064001

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

mind the walrus posted:

I'm confident enough in my own nerd bullshit intuition that I'm calling it-- get ready for a lottttttttt of bullshit about how the fake blue elf-cat-fish-monkey-people breathing underwater is somehow unscientific or breaks with the "canon" set down in the first film, no matter how many riders and explanations the movie puts forward.

Not even going to dignify the usual "but woke" circlejerk; the Avatar movies are explicitly a nostalgia button for 90s liberal ecology reasoning and this one is already explicitly about saving the whales; watching diet nazis performatively clutch their pearls is a loving free space on the bingo card.

So few understand this

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
With three minutes left, the Now vote is at 58.7%

Time is up.

Final result, what said above.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Dec 17, 2022

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait till Elon doesn't honor his poll.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The Last Call posted:

With three minutes left, the Now vote is at 58.7%

Time is up.

Final result, what said above.

Now all he has to do is remove all the "bot" votes and he'll get the response he wants.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

:lmao: guess she should have answered in a more timely manner, huh :smug:

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Docjowles posted:

Is giga Texas just like regular Texas but somehow even worse?

*slaps the roof of the Alamo* this baby can hold so much sedition

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

lmao all she did was ask "why did you do the thing you explicitly said you wouldn't do?"

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/JDCocchiarella/status/1603974290671632384

I'm glad people will screen shot this.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Soggy Muffin posted:

Elon Musk assassinated Jeffrey Epstein

Well... to be fair, that's not the most unlikely conspiracy theory I've ever heard.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Free Musk assassination coordinates! gitcher Free Musk Assassination Coordinates right here!

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

that is the exact same poo poo the evil murder site kiwifarms would sat

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Y'know the worst thing about the passive aggressive parlor game invocation to violence is that your enemies don't realize what a big favor they'd be doing for you personally by taking you off the board, but no they've always got to do this coquettish loving dance like the Coppertone baby, except instead of a baby it's a grown-rear end man with a mortgage he paid off by deciding to run a GPU farm for a few months 12 years ago.

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

last night i got perma’d either for

a) defeating his ban on the asdb link with a single capital letter, or for

b) promising that i would use his assassination coordinates to directly poo poo into elmo’s pants

not sure which one crossed the line

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

But no they're never doing to loving do it. Just keep on playing with their dicks like it's the most fascinating loving thing.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/TwitterSafety/status/1603960041463492608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

that's from before the poll ended so I'm assuming that's referring to Nazis