Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Hit mass is what subtracts from your cleave. ie, an enemy has a hit mass of 10, you have a cleave of 10. You can swing through one enemy and would stop on the next. Ignoring it just means you would swing through as many enemies as the swing allows (including specials) so long as you keep the buff up.

I think ogryn has natively higher cleave values though so maybe it’s not as valuable? I’ve barely played the class so I couldn’t say

juggalo baby coffin posted:

they did a note about it at some point but i cant find it now, but basically each enemy has a 'hit mass' amount that is like, how much of your cleave capacity it takes up. so like hitting a rager in a crowd will reduce your efficiency at cleaving through the crowd. but with ignore enemy hit mass it just falls back to # of targets instead of it being based on their mass so you can cleave through a lot more stuff.

Oh thanks, that makes sense. I always assumed cleave just counted how many targets you're going through but it makes sense for an Ogryn to take up more Cleave than a Poxwalker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

milkandcookiesTW dude is mad. And right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3SWwWOruc8

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Lucius MK3 is bugged to poo poo don't use it--the bayonet hit box is so drat bad. Gonna try the other marks eventually to see if they're worth it or not.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I have yet to see the new map except for that difficulty 2 today.

It is crazy how badly they botched the mission select when they had vermintide2 and deeprock to crib from and they came up with this system.

I also don't understand the perspective of the mission screen of the exact same maps pointing to different areas of the city, I got no sense of where you're supposed to be in the city compared to deeprock and knowing where the biomes are at, would be like if you got ice maps pointing to the molten biome in deeprock.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I feel like the backlash is split between 100% reasonable objections like this and lots of redditors saying like "make the game easier and let me consume all the content immediately" and unfortunately they're amalgamating into a single ball where all the reasonable poo poo is getting shouted down.

But yeah, I'd hate to be any of the people involved in the stuff that really kicks rear end about Darktide watching their work get dragged through the mud because some dickhead in a suit at Fatshark has to justify his existence in a job the studio doesn't need.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Holy poo poo I'm not sure what's going on with my connection right now but every three minutes I'd be DC'd for 30 seconds. I'd be able to get back in pretty quick and it always reconnected to the same mission, but we were on Heresy and everytime I loaded back in things had gone tits up and the other, I must say, very competent players would have to extricate me from the horde my AI counterpart had put itself in.

edit: Yeah I keep getting error code 9999. Was able to play fine this afternoon but the evening is a mess.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 17, 2022

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Thanks to free infinite perk rerolls I found out that Curios can roll Toughness Regen.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I still don't know if the infinite rerolls is intended or not, if it was limited you could very likely brick a perk by landing on sprint efficiency as a final roll or something, but with it being infinite I kinda just want them to give me a list of all available perks and let me select one to save me 5 minutes of hammering the reroll button.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Got home, got to play with the Power Maul even more and man it just rocks. I also rolled Thundering Strikes when I upgraded my maul to orange and it was genuinely noticeable how much more easily I could knock stuff on its rear end, not to mention it's probably the best weapon by far to be on with the powered strike being an AOE stagger.

Also Ogryns continue to have the best dialogue in the least amount of spoken words.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/294127738774880256/1053479737391075429/Dont_Care.mp4

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Happy to find out that a charged power maul can in fact interrupt ragers. drat good weapon, it's replacing my shovel now, with shield/maul as my backup for more team-intense play.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

dogstile posted:

I get that, but also games cost shittons more to make now without having really increased in price.

they also cost way less since you are not making every part of the game and also generate way more money

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Apparently the new surge staff visual effects are causing people nausea and even seizures from epilepsy, even makes me feel a little "bleh" looking at it a few times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxqRWwVUkyw

It certainly wasn't a nerf I was expecting for surge staff.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well it's good that it doesn't look like a 2004 texture anymore but yeesh, that's not great to have going on.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 17, 2022

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

toasterwarrior posted:

Happy to find out that a charged power maul can in fact interrupt ragers. drat good weapon, it's replacing my shovel now, with shield/maul as my backup for more team-intense play.

I was actually chain stunning a rager with the light attack swipes. Not sure if it was because of Thundering Strikes or I just had enough power to overwhelm it at that level (malice).

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

... confused feelings. And no plasteel after making this.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oops i played enough darktide today that i've got that "melee attack incoming" hiss sound effect stuck in my head

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I like the changes they made to the bolter pull out, it's slightly faster but also makes sense from a design standpoint. Instead of pulling the bolt you just give it the classic H&K slap and then start shooting. After all, you *really* don't want a misfire with a bolter.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

CuddleCryptid posted:

I like the changes they made to the bolter pull out, it's slightly faster but also makes sense from a design standpoint. Instead of pulling the bolt you just give it the classic H&K slap and then start shooting. After all, you *really* don't want a misfire with a bolter.

Did they add some sort of delay after you reload? I've found myself hammering the button, but sometimes it takes like a second or more before I can shoot, even if the gun is readied. Pretty jarring.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
My blue force sword has 375 in modifiers, but when I want to upgrade it to purple, it says the modifiers actually lose value to 365. Has anyone else run into something like this?

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Apparently the new surge staff visual effects are causing people nausea and even seizures from epilepsy, even makes me feel a little "bleh" looking at it a few times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxqRWwVUkyw

It certainly wasn't a nerf I was expecting for surge staff.

Count me among them... slight nausea, at least. Sudden flashing and a blurred screen dozens of times a mission is not a pleasant effect.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Had 3 games in a row now where randos refused to pick up scripts and grims as in we had to refuse to progress further until they came back to grab it. They had an empty inventory and we were in no danger of wiping it was so bizarre. We also had an ogyrn in all paid cosmetics refusing to use his melee weapon on malice and he went down constantly.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Some people are just really bad at video games

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

IronicDongz posted:

I hope none of you are actually considering buying cosmetics

i really want the armageddon uniform

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

boredsatellite posted:

what on earth is that far right outfit

wait is that the psyker outfit?

I will never wear camoflage on a pskyer or zealot, the blanks and heretics need to see me coming

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Arghy posted:

Had 3 games in a row now where randos refused to pick up scripts and grims as in we had to refuse to progress further until they came back to grab it. They had an empty inventory and we were in no danger of wiping it was so bizarre. We also had an ogyrn in all paid cosmetics refusing to use his melee weapon on malice and he went down constantly.

Honestly I've just had really bad luck with Grimoires and don't think the rewards are worth how much of a pain in the rear end they are to deal with, at least in VT2 you got better loot out of it, they need to give better incentives for them to be worth the hassle, like maybe guaranteed Emperor's Gifts if you complete a mission with at least one Grim or something

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly I've just had really bad luck with Grimoires and don't think the rewards are worth how much of a pain in the rear end they are to deal with, at least in VT2 you got better loot out of it, they need to give better incentives for them to be worth the hassle, like maybe guaranteed Emperor's Gifts if you complete a mission with at least one Grim or something

Yeah but as long as it's a possible weekly mission people are going to force it

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Yeah I'm the same, scriptures whatever but grims are just dumb to me, if it's so easy you need more challenge go up a difficulty

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Played for a few hours on difficulty 3 hoping to see the new mission. Two instances of it finally appeared at once! On difficulty 1 and difficulty 5! :thumbsup:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

We only grab grims if someone needs a weekly for it otherwise we do scriptures just for the extra cash and at this point we're leveling up our 3rd char and just farming crafting components.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Third World Reagan posted:

they also cost way less since you are not making every part of the game and also generate way more money

Being able to outsource a few things does not cost less than the massively increased team sizes and overhead that has happened over the last 20 years.

Cowcaster posted:

anyone else feel like the veteran’s wallhack should paint targets in like blue or green so if there’s a bunch of fire around you can still see things or really is it so overpowered already that tweak is unnecessary

It's so wildly overpowered I'd probably just leave it as is, tbh.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Its kind of drastic how much easier Heresy+ is with 3 vets and an ogryn compared to basically any other makeup, except maybe 4 vets.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

dogstile posted:

It's so wildly overpowered I'd probably just leave it as is, tbh.

especially with railguns that shoot through walls!!!

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
I know it's terrible that they made an epileptic seizure inducing weapon but i'm loling so hard at the idea that after years of players being disconnected from the plight of psykers in Warhammer 40K someone has finally found a way to make the user feel truly immersed in playing a warp powered psyker running hot in a combat zone.

Bravo :fatshark: you did it again, you big beautiful dunderheads.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Dec 17, 2022

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah at least in VT2 you got better chests out of them, right now extra cash really doesnt accomplish the same deal

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Alright the lucius MKII is really goddamn nice and what that gun should have always been even though its basically a lovely kantrel MKXII. It's accurate and strong while the charge ability allows you to one shot specials on malice, the bayonet is a total gimmick and is bugged to gently caress against infested walkers but its kinda fun to kill a rager by poking it to death.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I wear the prisoner top to remind me of my transgression against the emperor

I wear it to show off my guns

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

one detail i like in the game is that all the monitors on all the consoles are just really hosed up. the mechanicus had a civil war during the whole horus deal and the bad guys basically unleashed 20,000 years of viruses from the vaults on mars, so its been a point of (variable) canon that most technology in the imperium is weird because its all very advanced but also completely full of viruses.

i think hadron is rerouting the machines behind the scenery to rebind functionality to like nearby emergency stop buttons, because everything is hosed up and broken and it would be too hard to get the varlets to enter the proper data themselves through like a keyboard or osmething

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://youtu.be/VnS32g_rmmQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

After leveling up the Veteran, and playing a few hours the Ogryn, I think his ability sprint should be 20% longer, and the cooldown be a bit faster (15%). And the kickback weapon needs a buff, it has too many flaws, the tiny magazine (1) and slow reload and big damage falloff on range, in exchange for damage at close range that is good, but nothing special.