Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
why does the pauper not simply ask one's butler to provide sustainance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If I were poor and hungry I would simply buy a sack of potatoes for 50p or however much they cost.

Not me personally, I still don't trust the French declaring them safe to eat, but the Irish have been subsisting on potatoes for centuries and it never caused any problems there.

Anyway, off to put my elevenses on my expenses account.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Lungboy posted:

Thanks both. I've spent so long thinking my ADHD was just me being lazy/disorganised that teasing out the detail for an application is going to be difficult, so I'm planning to spend the christmas break reading as many sources as I can.

What species of Death Noodle is that? This is mine, Plissken:

Hatchling bug eyed leucistic texas rat snake, absolutely psychotic. I first went "aww you are missing your mousie" then I realised she was aiming for me.

How are you finding the substrate? We were looking at switching from aspen for the corns.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Busy_royals/status/1603997084658565121

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

learnincurve posted:

How are you finding the substrate?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

learnincurve posted:

How are you finding the substrate? We were looking at switching from aspen for the corns.

It's Megazorb horse bedding and seems to be great although it's the only one i've ever used so can't compare it to anything else. My corn loves burrowing through it when it's fresh, but he's heavy now so compacts it pretty quickly. It's easy to spot his shits and pick them out and lasts ages between changes.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Is it too late to get a PPE contract, Edward has been on the internet machine again.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Drive by cat posting, taken today

https://i.imgur.com/YBPrzxb.mp4

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

The beds are currently on strike, John.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I thought these fuzzy bastards always tried to find the hottest part of the house, why's this one trying to become a catsicle?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I imagine there's something down there, or the cat thinks that there is, and they're not quite the graceful bringers of death that birbs of prey are.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The snow traps in your heat and protects you from the wind, so it might be that as well.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

learnincurve posted:

Rabbit is very confused and scared right now

No wonder your rabbit's scared, there's a loving snake in your house!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Redwood isn't trying to suggest a solution, he's just taking a dig at the mythical army of Useless Managers sucking up all the NHS's money. We must starve the NHS, you see, to show them how useless they are. Everything will be ok once the useless managers are gone. What's that? You're asking who decides what gets cut when money is short? Don't worry about that

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Tesseraction posted:

I thought these fuzzy bastards always tried to find the hottest part of the house, why's this one trying to become a catsicle?

Both our cats love to play in the snow and be out until the temps go below -10C, then they also like to come in and warm up. He might also have heard a mouse or something down there.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Are these from Viz?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

happyhippy posted:

Are these from Viz?

Sadly not. It's a facebook group called 'Pointless Letters' that archives the best of ridiculous letters in national and local newspapers

I came here to post the exact same letter. lol

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Bloody Muslims coming over here and forcing Christianity down our throats

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Microplastics posted:

Bloody Muslims coming over here and forcing Christianity down our throats

You can't even say Happy Holidays any more! :argh:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

fuctifino posted:

Sadly not. It's a facebook group called 'Pointless Letters' that archives the best of ridiculous letters in national and local newspapers

Sorry to steal your posting glory Fuct :(

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am at least relieved to learn you are not exposing yourselves to whatever newspaper those are from directly.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Fucker's using a first name for a surname, no letter he writes has merit.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

smellmycheese posted:

Sorry to steal your posting glory Fuct :(

:justpost: imo

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

fuctifino posted:

Unless there is another Richard Jeffrey in Buckden, the fucker is an executive director of an investment firm.
So complete shithead, no wonder he doesn't care. FYGM

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

happyhippy posted:

These were a 'fad' back in the 70s in Ireland, everyone had them and were making them.
* st patrick will remember this *

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Small dilemma

Got an amazon delivery today- driver didn't knock, just opened the door and came in the place, left the parcel in the hallway then left as I was legging it up the hall to figure out who just walked in

normally the door is locked but one of my kids had come in a few mins ago and not shut it yet

complain and risk the guy getting in poo poo with a poo poo company, or not complain and the guy risks getting his poo poo kicked in when he tries that on the wrong house?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Good thing Sir Ken Stairmaster is taking a clear line against the unions, otherwise the government might attack him over...

https://twitter.com/nadhimzahawi/status/1603716768165376000?t=bG4aExjshrQ37Vm4rsaOrg&s=19

He's such a loving idiot.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

DesperateDan posted:

Small dilemma

Got an amazon delivery today- driver didn't knock, just opened the door and came in the place, left the parcel in the hallway then left as I was legging it up the hall to figure out who just walked in

normally the door is locked but one of my kids had come in a few mins ago and not shut it yet

complain and risk the guy getting in poo poo with a poo poo company, or not complain and the guy risks getting his poo poo kicked in when he tries that on the wrong house?

IMO leave it and mention it to him next time you order something..
It's a small godsend for him that he could place it inside and save him a minute or two, no doubt has 1000000000 more to deliver today.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Amazon driver ripped the door and lock off my shed to put a parcel in there, I complained and made them buy me new lock and a new cordless drill.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Amazon guy round here now just leaves everything on the doorstep without even knocking, so I don’t know I’ve got a parcel until I get the email that says it’s been delivered (and always marked as “handed to resident” :v: )

I’m letting it go until something gets nicked, tbh.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Amazon guy round here now just leaves everything on the doorstep without even knocking, so I don’t know I’ve got a parcel until I get the email that says it’s been delivered (and always marked as “handed to resident” :v: )

I’m letting it go until something gets nicked, tbh.

Amazon have been doing that since day 1 around my area.

It's been about a year or so since they started delivering and I think it's just a monopoly policy rather than anything else.

I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon have run the numbers and it's more cost effective for them to have their delivery drivers dump and run than refund/replace the occasional parcel.

I mean, where else are most people gonna go to get their stuff.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

There's one specific royal mail delivery driver around here that will toss packages over the garden gate into the garden and not leave a note. They don't email confirmation of delivery either. I'll only find them 3 days later in my garden (and obviously it's been raining).

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Royal Mail were taking the piss yesterday saying things were inaccessible day after strike actions. I don't mind but atleast leave me the card so I can collect the loving thing instead of waiting another 3 days.

Also, curious to know:

Fresh Full Cream milk always runs out in the stores near me, every single day, yet skimmed/semi skimmed barely gets touched. I'm interested to know if you guys see the same in your local areas? How much of this fake milk goes to waste?

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Probably just data where people have pushed the average by dumping and running so you now have to do that if you want to hit the targeted deliveries per hour.

You can always tell a new amazon delivery driver or shopper as they are panicking, buried in a million unlabeled boxes and tearing paper bags filled with 50 tins of beans, and they still knock. Then after a bit you never see them again as they adopt the dump and run strat.

Capitalism really is poo poo.

Company Christmas party this year at a big event place and so many stressed out tired looking staff running ragged trying to find the vegan roast dinner who I just wanted to help somehow. Cashless, no tip policy at the space though which was quite poo poo.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Our xmas party was one drink provided only, then had to pay for your own.

This was supplied by our own internal teams..
We have an entire loving floor of booze under one of the buildings for events...

Doesn't matter anyway because I quit that shitshow on Monday.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Ours had an open bar and a paid bar combined. Was the first time I've seen that where you can drink as much fosters as you want but if you'd like to be fancy and have... Carling? Hope you brought your wallet!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

There's a reason Australia shuns and disowns Fosters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just had our works do last night, by the end of the night they were just giving out free drinks tokens like candy. Pretty sure I only spent 10 quid the whole night :getin: