Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Come on, spill the beans. Which of the big prizes did you get?

I think everything. We had a funny discussion of me possibly missing one of the best tier V tanks in the loot boxes. But it was confirmed I got almost everything. May have missed a couple of 3D styles but overall I got every single new tank that I didn't own this year, a shitload of gold, and enough blueprints and credits to net me comfortable the tier X Yoh tank which was what I wanted earlier this year and I finally got it.

The BZ-176 and the Char MLE. 75. Oh yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

The BZ-176 and the Char MLE. 75. Oh yeah!

:hfive:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BHnQcVfrOc

Lmfao

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

"Ghost shells don't exist."

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Im glad you caught that.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Im glad you caught that.

After the first one my blood pressure was rising, then the video kept playing...

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Now that I am done whaling. I am back to playing tanks.

Oh yes you are. 130K gold is like 3 years of premium account and all the battle passes you'd want included, which adds another year or whatever.
The boxes are such crazy value for high rollers, but only starting after the point when you got all premium tanks possible.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

"Ghost shells don't exist."

It wasn't ghost shells. Watch the hit indicator. He was either bouncing the plate or damaging a t1 heavy that the td drove behind.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

It wasn't ghost shells. Watch the hit indicator. He was either bouncing the plate or damaging a t1 heavy that the td drove behind.

:hmmyes:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

JuffoWup posted:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Quickybaby is holding his annual charity stream right now. He's raising money for Special Effect and Cancer Research UK. 5200 quid from a combined 20 000 pound goal raised in a little over an hour, so about 10 and a half hours to go at least still.

https://www.twitch.tv/quickybaby

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This loving game is unplayable on the EU servers right now.

11 games.

The amount of shitters who make bots look good is astonishing. Literally every loving game is 15-1 or 15-0 and the matchmaker keeps putting me in as bottom tier in -2 matches so good loving luck trying to compensate for the mutants I'm teamed up with.

E: gently caress this I'm done. Not even worth blowing boosters on this poo poo.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 16, 2022

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

This loving game is unplayable on the EU servers right now.

11 games.

The amount of shitters who make bots look good is astonishing. Literally every loving game is 15-1 or 15-0 and the matchmaker keeps putting me in as bottom tier in -2 matches so good loving luck trying to compensate for the mutants I'm teamed up with.

E: gently caress this I'm done. Not even worth blowing boosters on this poo poo.

:smith::respek::smith:

I've had an absolutely horrendous week with this piece of poo poo game, seeing something like 12 wins from 60-70 battles. Weekends are always bad with teams, and in addition it's always bad over the Christmas season, but weekends during Christmas season are mind-shatteringly demoralising events and it all only gets worse in the run-up to Christmas/New Year itself as more and more of the playerbase finds itself with time off from work/school/sitting outside with the other vegetables.

I'm not touching this loving game until Monday at least.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Some guy I kind of insulted gifted me 12 large boxes. :confused:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

McGavin posted:

Some guy I kind of insulted gifted me 12 large boxes. :confused:

Take that, idiot!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

sauer kraut posted:

Oh yes you are. 130K gold is like 3 years of premium account and all the battle passes you'd want included, which adds another year or whatever.
The boxes are such crazy value for high rollers, but only starting after the point when you got all premium tanks possible.

While it feels good being financially set in tanks unless I blow it all on research; this might not keep my attention long unless I have people to play with.

Ill stick around but if anyone sees me on feel free to jump on voice and play tanks with me. Beats me dancing on the internet as I really do need a break from that game.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Welp, test server is live with the new rocket tank line. Of note in the article, they mention a choice of an 85 or 100mm gun for the tier 7 and then forget to mention the gun for all the following tiers. Tanks.gg has the answer to why. The stock is also the top gun. There is no gun option available from t8 to t10.

At t8, you'll be fielding a 122mm gun. At t9, it'll be a 130mm gun. Meanwhile at t10, it'll be a 152mm gun. This is sounding like a very new player friendly tank line since for the first time in tanks history, you don't have to swim in the dumpster of stock and intermediary guns to get the functional top gun.

Tanks.gg links of new tanks from test server:
BZ-58 (t7):
https://tanks.gg/v11910ct/tank/bz-58

BZ-166 (t8):
https://tanks.gg/v11910ct/tank/bz-166

BZ-68 (t9):
https://tanks.gg/v11910ct/tank/bz-68

BZ-75 (t10):
https://tanks.gg/v11910ct/tank/bz-75

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
BZ-176 is so drat fun. But holy moly those premium rounds are expensive!

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

Take that, idiot!

https://i.imgur.com/MV5kz8z.mp4

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

JuffoWup posted:

This is sounding like a very new player friendly tank line since for the first time in tanks history, you don't have to swim in the dumpster of stock and intermediary guns to get the functional top gun.
Slow inaccurate BIGNUMBER gun, dumb strong hulldown armor on relatively low profile vehicles, movespeed gimmick, low research reqs. Yeah, it's a great line to cement new players into the cancerous hulldown meta. Thanks WG. Looks like the techtree vehicles at least have reasonably accessible cupolas to shoot at.

They also don't have the this-is-actually-dumb gold shell that the 176 does. Why exactly was a gold shell in a premium vehicle allowed to both have more pen AND deal substantially more damage? I'd have expected far more of a shitstorm from the community than I'm seeing over that.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
It's a good tonk.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
Sometimes you carry with little help.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Sayara posted:

Sometimes you carry with little help.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

It's a good tonk.

It is, but it's also VERY hard to play. Probably the hardest T9 LT in my opinion.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I sent the guy 12 boxes because I felt guilty:

WeeKhan is cool and you should add him to your friends list because he's a good guy.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

sushibandit posted:

Slow inaccurate BIGNUMBER gun, dumb strong hulldown armor on relatively low profile vehicles, movespeed gimmick, low research reqs. Yeah, it's a great line to cement new players into the cancerous hulldown meta. Thanks WG. Looks like the techtree vehicles at least have reasonably accessible cupolas to shoot at.

They also don't have the this-is-actually-dumb gold shell that the 176 does. Why exactly was a gold shell in a premium vehicle allowed to both have more pen AND deal substantially more damage? I'd have expected far more of a shitstorm from the community than I'm seeing over that.

Because the gold shell is a partial trick. The ap shell actually has slightly more pen. And by slightly, I mean a couple numbers difference making them effectively the same. What you lose on gold is that it is he. Which means no overmatch. So you need to keep ap around as well for overmatch moments. Such as the low brow roof the vipera has.

In a way, it is an experience of the special round changes proposed long ago. Except the shell costs are reversed. The cheap ap "high" pen low alpha shell or the expensive "lower" pen high alpha shell.

I know skill has complained a little about the bz176 and the minotauro. But, he has recently been complaining about the lopsided fast games of late as well.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

JuffoWup posted:

Because the gold shell is a partial trick. The ap shell actually has slightly more pen. And by slightly, I mean a couple numbers difference making them effectively the same. What you lose on gold is that it is he. Which means no overmatch. So you need to keep ap around as well for overmatch moments. Such as the low brow roof the vipera has.

Yeah, if you're facing another BZ-176, don't fire HE unless you can hit them in the side or the engine deck or something. The AP shells overmatch ALL of the roof, and it catches people out.

Also christ some of the people who play this game are toxic shitheads. WG are currently running a 36 hour charity marathon, and TragicLoss is playing. She started the stream by saying she's an average player, and it's clearly just to have fun. Still there's been a rotating door of toxic assholes coming in to abuse her and complain about her not being good enough at the game. During a charity stream.

Then again according to Skill the official WG CC Discord was making fun of QB for his charity stream yesterday, including the parts where he tearfully talked about almost losing his dad to cancer. Some hilarious memes were shared lemme tell you what! So like ... if these are the CCs, who are supposed to be good examples, what should we expect?

Sangfirre
Sep 14, 2012
Does anyone know if the crew that's included with the current gold bundle for the ShPTK-TVP 100 is a zero-skill crew like it was during the release event or just a standard 100% crew?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Sangfirre posted:

Does anyone know if the crew that's included with the current gold bundle for the ShPTK-TVP 100 is a zero-skill crew like it was during the release event or just a standard 100% crew?

It's a standard 100% crew with two-perks available that you can pre-select. The Commander will have Sixth Sense by default, of course.

Skill calls it an extremely hard tank to play well in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ATkm6_MD00

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 18, 2022

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
To do well in the ShitPack, you need a disproportionally large collection of map positions (and all their lines of fire) memorized, and relocate between them rapidly without having to think too hard.
Or you do what I do in the Bourrasque, smoke a cigarette until at least half of either team is dead, then soak up easy damage.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Skill calls it an extremely hard tank to play well in:
Why on earth would anyone use small repair/firstaid kits when they are already burning food and a directive and using upgraded bounty equipment?

Edit
It's only 20k more, total, if you end up using both in a match, assuming you buy them on sale, which is the only time you should buy them. If you're already investing upgraded bounty equipment and food and directives in a premium tank, it makes zero sense to run small consumables. I'd think the decreased chance of crew knockout and decreased repair time from the large versions would be worth it if nothing else.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 18, 2022

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I hate DPM tanks but I usually enjoy the shptk. It's big as a house and has no camo, but the high explosive round is REALLY nice against borats, lightly armored tds, and light tanks.

On the other side of the coin, I usually like high alpha accurate tanks but I dislike the 122-TM. So sometimes there's just something about a tank that works depending on the person I guess.

sushibandit posted:

Why on earth would anyone use small repair/firstaid kits when they are already burning food and a directive and using upgraded bounty equipment?

I use small repair and first aid kits, but I'm usually not running food or any of the extra stuff. When I do switch to my premium loadout I usually drop the fire extinguisher for food, but I still run small repair and first aid because usually it's just the tracks/ammo rack and commander/loader I need fixed. If I have multiple of those dead in the 90 seconds or whatever it takes to recharge I'm probably in a really bad situation anyways and the chances that repairing would help are low. The only exception to that is that I will put large repair kits on my premium loadout for heavy tanks to help with repair times.

Edit: Oh, and I don't feel like burning 20k to fix arty stun. The only one that wins in that situation is wargaming.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 18, 2022

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Why do the second equipment slot field modification choices for arty suck? Survivability and scouting? Mobility would at least be useful.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

Why do the second equipment slot field modification choices for arty suck? Survivability and scouting? Mobility would at least be useful.

Because someone at WG wants to make playing arty as miserable and pointless as possible, while not actually eliminating the role or taking out the arty missions from campaigns.

I've been going up the Soviet tank tree because turns out you need mid-high level arty of EVERY NATION for the right side of the campaign screen, and jesus loving christ the S-51 is so loving pointless it's crazy.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Because someone at WG wants to make playing arty as miserable and pointless as possible, while not actually eliminating the role or taking out the arty missions from campaigns.

I've been going up the Soviet tank tree because turns out you need mid-high level arty of EVERY NATION for the right side of the campaign screen, and jesus loving christ the S-51 is so loving pointless it's crazy.

The S-51 used to be nicknamed "The Can Opener". But that was a long, long time ago.

Now-a-days, it is kind of just a middling arty.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Mesadoram posted:

The S-51 used to be nicknamed "The Can Opener". But that was a long, long time ago.

Now-a-days, it is kind of just a middling arty.

the s-51 was loving hilarious back in the day. that line is one of the few i have to t10 and it was back when you could talk poo poo to the other team and any time i would one shot someone with it, i'd say "Nice Catch" and it would always end up with hate filled messages after the game

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Large Testicles posted:

the s-51 was loving hilarious back in the day. that line is one of the few i have to t10 and it was back when you could talk poo poo to the other team and any time i would one shot someone with it, i'd say "Nice Catch" and it would always end up with hate filled messages after the game

It was beautiful :allears:.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mesadoram posted:

It was beautiful :allears:.

Yeah, I was something like the third-best arty player in SGLE and it was :discourse: as gently caress to delete someone, especially on the move, and *ESPECIALLY* back when we still had all-chat.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
i played more of the school bus than the S-51 cause IIRC the S-51 doesn't hold a lot of ammo and that was always an issue when the game went the full time. so many times playing the russian arty line would it be like me and one light tank left vs a heavy with half health and I'm out of ammo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Large Testicles posted:

i played more of the school bus than the S-51 cause IIRC the S-51 doesn't hold a lot of ammo and that was always an issue when the game went the full time. so many times playing the russian arty line would it be like me and one light tank left vs a heavy with half health and I'm out of ammo

I went school bus as well, but not because of ammo reasons, that never seemed to be the issue. It was the gun traverse arcs. Both have garbage tier bloom when the hull ever twitched. But the school bus had a wider gun arc over the s51. Traded for speed, but worth it.